Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Awkward…

Jump to newest

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

What for you has been your most hilariously awkward moment?

Maybe not funny at the time but you now look back and laugh. Please share with the class…

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asual_WandererWoman
over a year ago

A spot you want me

I can think of it, but I don't want to tell it... clearly not made the hilarious zone yet

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Can’t even say because it involves your face

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Can’t even say because it involves your face "

Did you sit on it by mistake?

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Can’t even say because it involves your face "

That sounds even more awkward than the actual situation!

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Can’t even say because it involves your face

Did you sit on it by mistake? "

Nooooooooooo ffs!!!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Perhaps not directly hilarious but one that springs to mind was the first time that I turned up to my old running club.

I arrived in an eager mood and buoyant to meet new people, to be met by the commemoration run for the old chairperson who had passed suddenly that week.

I effectively crashed the wake and it was the most awkward run I’d ever had

over a year ago

I used to teach in a boys’ high school. One day I was doing a revision class with a small group after school, when all of a sudden my tummy went a bit sore. I needed to let out the biggest fart. So I said ‘two seconds boys, I need to grab something from the room next door’ and went there to absolutely let rip. Then I promptly returned to the room they were in. Well, they were slouched over their desks crying with laughter, as they’d heard it all! Trying to get them back on track afterwards was nigh on impossible

Do you know though, even though they would catch each other’s eyes and laugh about it for ages afterwards, not one of them let a soul know outside of that room Young gents, every last one of them. I think of them often and wonder about how their lives are now. I hope they made it good!

over a year ago

"I can think of it, but I don't want to tell it... clearly not made the hilarious zone yet "

Oooooo

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I once had some neighbours round for a bbq , it’ was the first time I’d met them properly. I had a clematis growing up the back fence and the neighbours wife asked what it was, can’t for the life of me think why, but I said it was called chlamydia and my partner burst out laughing , no body else did, she just said “oh” .

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

This Summer my handbrake failed on my car and rolled down my drive (live on a slight incline) into next doors garage.

I hadn’t noticed when I looked out the window that my car had gone, I just shouted out to my mum that next door had visitors with a car that looked like mine.

And you know when you spend ages looking at something but the penny still didn’t drop…..until realisation dawned and panic set in that it was my car.

I had to run over to the car, a breeze caught the bottom of my top and blew it up exposing my boobs to their doorbell CCTV that was no doubt capturing the action, then had to climb in over my passenger side because the drivers door was an inch away from their wall. My face is burning with shame, absolutely mortified, sweaty palms from panic.

Managed to get my car back to my space, put a brick to stop it rolling, wrote them an apology note/explanation offering to pay for any damage etc and booked my car into garage pronto.

Luckily nobody was hurt. Luckily their cars weren’t there!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"This Summer my handbrake failed on my car and rolled down my drive (live on a slight incline) into next doors garage.

I hadn’t noticed when I looked out the window that my car had gone, I just shouted out to my mum that next door had visitors with a car that looked like mine.

And you know when you spend ages looking at something but the penny still didn’t drop…..until realisation dawned and panic set in that it was my car.

I had to run over to the car, a breeze caught the bottom of my top and blew it up exposing my boobs to their doorbell CCTV that was no doubt capturing the action, then had to climb in over my passenger side because the drivers door was an inch away from their wall. My face is burning with shame, absolutely mortified, sweaty palms from panic.

Managed to get my car back to my space, put a brick to stop it rolling, wrote them an apology note/explanation offering to pay for any damage etc and booked my car into garage pronto.

"

Lucky!

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I once had some neighbours round for a bbq , it’ was the first time I’d met them properly. I had a clematis growing up the back fence and the neighbours wife asked what it was, can’t for the life of me think why, but I said it was called chlamydia and my partner burst out laughing , no body else did, she just said “oh” . "

By *ea monkey OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I used to teach in a boys’ high school. One day I was doing a revision class with a small group after school, when all of a sudden my tummy went a bit sore. I needed to let out the biggest fart. So I said ‘two seconds boys, I need to grab something from the room next door’ and went there to absolutely let rip. Then I promptly returned to the room they were in. Well, they were slouched over their desks crying with laughter, as they’d heard it all! Trying to get them back on track afterwards was nigh on impossible

Do you know though, even though they would catch each other’s eyes and laugh about it for ages afterwards, not one of them let a soul know outside of that room Young gents, every last one of them. I think of them often and wonder about how their lives are now. I hope they made it good!"

Bless them!

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"This Summer my handbrake failed on my car and rolled down my drive (live on a slight incline) into next doors garage.

"

Omg that’s the funniest thing I’ve read for a while, I literally can’t breathe

Post new Message to Thread