Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Contraceptive lottery

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

FPA and Brooke have launched a campaign to raise the level awareness of the cuts to sexual health funding and the loss of choice many women are now experiencing in getting the free contraceptive of choice.

Whilst it is enshrined in law that contraception for women will be free the devolution of the National part of the NHS and the localisation of budgets has meant that women can't always get the free contraception they want.

Any experience of this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"FPA and Brooke have launched a campaign to raise the level awareness of the cuts to sexual health funding and the loss of choice many women are now experiencing in getting the free contraceptive of choice.

Whilst it is enshrined in law that contraception for women will be free the devolution of the National part of the NHS and the localisation of budgets has meant that women can't always get the free contraception they want.

Any experience of this?"

Not as of yet.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My two implanon implants have been free but was charged £25 for a morning after pill when i was younger and foolish

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"My two implanon implants have been free but was charged £25 for a morning after pill when i was younger and foolish"

The reports are showing an increase in the use of the morning after pill and an increase in abortion rates in the parts of the country already experiencing this rationing.

On another note, impressive avatar... do you use a straw?

Post new Message to Thread