Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BBW vs “curvy”?

Jump to newest

By *ingerNinja2488 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

So I consider myself to be a BBW as I’m larger than the average woman however a lot of people seem to have a negative connotation with the idiom. As someone with a rather toxic self image also, the idea of “curves” being attractive is a strange one to me. Could I ask what people find attractive about a BBW?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll do you

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Do you mean curvy though? Do you?

over a year ago

Leeds

"I'll do you "

Not entirely sure that’s helpful

over a year ago

"So I consider myself to be a BBW as I’m larger than the average woman however a lot of people seem to have a negative connotation with the idiom. As someone with a rather toxic self image also, the idea of “curves” being attractive is a strange one to me. Could I ask what people find attractive about a BBW?"

You have a gorgeous figure. Wish I had your confidence. I’m defo a bbw. I’m a size 20 with 40G boobs but I’m working on it. I’ve lost 6.5 kg recently and still going. I always laugh and say “ i do alright for a fat bird” but if I’m honest what men and women find sexy in anyone is confidence. Doesn’t matter if your size 22 or a size 8. Confidence is sexy.

over a year ago

"So I consider myself to be a BBW as I’m larger than the average woman however a lot of people seem to have a negative connotation with the idiom. As someone with a rather toxic self image also, the idea of “curves” being attractive is a strange one to me. Could I ask what people find attractive about a BBW?"

More cushion for pushing

over a year ago

Leeds

"Do you mean curvy though? Do you?"

I mean I’m unsure of the difference between a being BBW and being called “curvy”

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"So I consider myself to be a BBW as I’m larger than the average woman however a lot of people seem to have a negative connotation with the idiom. As someone with a rather toxic self image also, the idea of “curves” being attractive is a strange one to me. Could I ask what people find attractive about a BBW?

More cushion for pushing "

I know what you mean

over a year ago

"So I consider myself to be a BBW as I’m larger than the average woman however a lot of people seem to have a negative connotation with the idiom. As someone with a rather toxic self image also, the idea of “curves” being attractive is a strange one to me. Could I ask what people find attractive about a BBW?

More cushion for pushing

I know what you mean"

Do tell

over a year ago

You have a gorgeous figure. Wish I had your confidence. I’m defo a bbw. I’m a size 20 with 40G boobs but I’m working on it. I’ve lost 6.5 kg recently and still going. I always laugh and say “ i do alright for a fat bird” but if I’m honest what men and women find sexy in anyone is confidence. Doesn’t matter if your size 22 or a size 8. Confidence is sexy.

"

This is exactly correct, confidence is sexy! All I see on this thread are 2 beautiful woman, labels aren’t helpful

over a year ago

This is exactly correct, confidence is sexy! All I see on this thread are 2 beautiful woman, labels aren’t helpful"

Thank you

over a year ago

"Do you mean curvy though? Do you?

I mean I’m unsure of the difference between a being BBW and being called “curvy”"

I looked at your photos (lovely btw) and I wouldn't class you as a BBW but then we all feel differently about our bodies, I class myself as one I think because I'm short, size 20 ish and I have a large belly (I sound so attractive right now lol).

I prefer dad bods to slim men, I don't know why, just the attraction is there.

Danish x

By *beeMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Only recently have I started getting an attraction to the larger lady, a big bum is always an eye-catcher, but there's something about having a BBW on top of me is such a turn on, soft skin to stroke...

over a year ago

Seriously why care? Those that prefer your body shape really won't give a fuck what you call yourself. Surely that's what matters?

over a year ago

Well I’m a size 20 so I consider myself a bbw but bid doesn’t always mean curvy I thing I’m curvy as in hourglass figure and I thing you are to your figure is lovely x

over a year ago

Love a larger lady...big breasts fan...but also like to feel some flesh and nice to cuddle...x

over a year ago

"Seriously why care? Those that prefer your body shape really won't give a fuck what you call yourself. Surely that's what matters?"

I'll do you

over a year ago

Leeds

"You have a gorgeous figure. Wish I had your confidence. I’m defo a bbw. I’m a size 20 with 40G boobs but I’m working on it. I’ve lost 6.5 kg recently and still going. I always laugh and say “ i do alright for a fat bird” but if I’m honest what men and women find sexy in anyone is confidence. Doesn’t matter if your size 22 or a size 8. Confidence is sexy.

"

I have a very low self-image so struggle to be assertive or confident in general situations. I’m also aware I can take very good pictures but torture myself with any imperfections I see within them.

over a year ago

"You have a gorgeous figure. Wish I had your confidence. I’m defo a bbw. I’m a size 20 with 40G boobs but I’m working on it. I’ve lost 6.5 kg recently and still going. I always laugh and say “ i do alright for a fat bird” but if I’m honest what men and women find sexy in anyone is confidence. Doesn’t matter if your size 22 or a size 8. Confidence is sexy.

I have a very low self-image so struggle to be assertive or confident in general situations. I’m also aware I can take very good pictures but torture myself with any imperfections I see within them. "

We all know how to flaunt our best bits on here I’m good with angles and things too it’s not like we’d show off our worst bits if we’re trying to appeal. I get what you mean though I suffer with low self esteem but I fake it til I make it and I’ve not had any complaints. My friend said to me “those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter “ don’t listen to negatives and give yourself some self love. Your pics are fantastic. I’d never have the confidence to pose like you have. You’re beautiful and someone will see you for that, plus we are more than just our body size. I’m sure you have lots of other amazing qualities too.

over a year ago

Leeds

"Seriously why care? Those that prefer your body shape really won't give a fuck what you call yourself. Surely that's what matters?"

It’s not that I care what people think of me. It’s more that I care what I think of myself which is why I’m trying to understand more of people’s attitudes and attractions.

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

More cushion for pushing "

How about just keeping your thoughts to yourself if this is the sort of contribution you're going to provide?

over a year ago

More cushion for pushing

How about just keeping your thoughts to yourself if this is the sort of contribution you're going to provide? "

What's wrong with my contribution?

over a year ago

"Seriously why care? Those that prefer your body shape really won't give a fuck what you call yourself. Surely that's what matters?

It’s not that I care what people think of me. It’s more that I care what I think of myself which is why I’m trying to understand more of people’s attitudes and attractions. "

Nope. Don't get why people's attitude and attractions would have any baring if you don't care what they think. Makes no sense.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

A BBW as a label is subjective. Not everyone will see the same person and class them as a BBW.

Curvy is a shape, meaning having curves. You can be curvy whatever the size of your body, and a curvy figure is actually classically considered most appealing, due to the "childbearing hips" and "bountiful bosom" idea.

Personally I hate the label of BBW, for a myriad of reasons. But in my experience, men like "a BBW" for as many reasons. Among them the big boobs, the large arse, the squishy bits.

And I'm leaving that right there before I get all cynical. Because I've a seriously toxic self image and probably shouldn't have even opened this thread.

You rock OP. Keep rocking you, find love in one part of your body and the rest will follow. Maybe slowly, but it will.

over a year ago

Leeds

"Seriously why care? Those that prefer your body shape really won't give a fuck what you call yourself. Surely that's what matters?

It’s not that I care what people think of me. It’s more that I care what I think of myself which is why I’m trying to understand more of people’s attitudes and attractions.

Nope. Don't get why people's attitude and attractions would have any baring if you don't care what they think. Makes no sense. "

Because an outside perspective can sometimes give clarity of thought

over a year ago

Leeds

"A BBW as a label is subjective. Not everyone will see the same person and class them as a BBW.

Curvy is a shape, meaning having curves. You can be curvy whatever the size of your body, and a curvy figure is actually classically considered most appealing, due to the "childbearing hips" and "bountiful bosom" idea.

Personally I hate the label of BBW, for a myriad of reasons. But in my experience, men like "a BBW" for as many reasons. Among them the big boobs, the large arse, the squishy bits.

And I'm leaving that right there before I get all cynical. Because I've a seriously toxic self image and probably shouldn't have even opened this thread.

You rock OP. Keep rocking you, find love in one part of your body and the rest will follow. Maybe slowly, but it will."

I understand that a classically Reubenesque figure has been desired during different historical periods as it demonstrated wealth and sumptuousness. However it’s the current attitudes to the more ample figure that I’m attempting to collate.

Thank you so much for your insight though as you’ve given a clear and rather concise viewpoint.

over a year ago

Also depends what type of me you are into

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

People like what they like. Sometimes there's no science to it, they just like what they see and feel.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Must ...resist.. posting Quagmire quote....

over a year ago

Interesting post! I’m keen to read the replies.

I will say though, curvy is a shape not a size and any woman can be curvy. I am a BBW but my shape is curvy due to my waist being significantly smaller than my bust and hips.

over a year ago

You have gorgeous curves by the way!

over a year ago

"You have gorgeous curves by the way! "

So do you.

over a year ago

I’m curvy cos I have boobs, curvy hips and a phat ass!

over a year ago

"You have gorgeous curves by the way!

So do you. "

Thank you!

over a year ago

"I have a very low self-image so struggle to be assertive or confident in general situations. I’m also aware I can take very good pictures but torture myself with any imperfections I see within them. "

"It’s not that I care what people think of me. It’s more that I care what I think of myself which is why I’m trying to understand more of people’s attitudes and attractions. "

This is the most telling bit for me. Rhetorical question; What is it you don't like about yourself? What changes do you want to make? Would you be happier making those changes happen, or remaining as you are? Whatever you decide, you can do it. Self improvement is sexy as hell!

As others have already clarified, curvy is a body type rather than a size. Lots of feminine curves is attractive for lots of people.

By *eductively_SweetWoman
over a year ago

wexford

I mean I’m unsure of the difference between a being BBW and being called “curvy”"

Curvy is a body shape similar to the hourglass. A bbw has those extra layers of wobble bits that can be found all over. Well that's my take on it. I'm more a big girl than a curvy girl no hips and ass with me lol.

By *uckypups1000Couple
over a year ago

peterborough

Hard to define , different people different ideas I’d describe pups as curvy or rubenesque! Not sure about bbw but she’s often described that way , as long as it’s positive it’s fine however she’s described

over a year ago

Bbw and curvy are different categories. Curvy is a shape. You can be a size 6 and curvy or a size 26. I know plenty of bbws without curves

You have a lovely figure. I’m larger than you and have never struggled to find people who enjoy my figure. I’ve recently had a baby and have a csection shelf so have less confidence than I did so won’t be meeting until I gain it again but you should rock those curves and work on your own self confidence

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

For me curves have always been a big turn on, good job as I have plenty of my own.

I like the feel of curves / bbw, much nicer to cuddle a cushion than a hard angular form.

You have a gorgeous figure which I for one would love to explore

By *heekyflickWoman
over a year ago

LINCOLN

Body size is irrelevant to me...I'm a bigger girl at size 14 but the reason I adore BBW and ssbbw is down to confidence...I'm yet to meet a BBW who doesn't ooze confidence...I find that the seciest thing in the world on a woman...we probably all have issues with our bodies even the smaller girls but when confidence takes over the appeal is there...

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Just more labels, use whatever you find comfortable for you. Also just wanted to say OP you have a beautiful figure

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Personally anything from a size 12 to 18 is curvy, after that is BBW

Just depends on the body type and height

By *ukkake coupleCouple
over a year ago

herts

We’re never sure on what can be said without causing offence. Neither bother us I, MR normally use curvy. I guess bbw is for very big. Either way you look amazing. Very sexy body and a wonderful tummy. I love a sexy tummy & thanks for posting. Unfortunately a lot of people are uncomfortable posting pics for fear of insults from idiots. X

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Just more labels, use whatever you find comfortable for you. Also just wanted to say OP you have a beautiful figure "

Yep it’s all labels labels labels these days.

OP you look great. Try not to pigeonhole yourself and just focus on being you

By *rishunicornMan
over a year ago

Cookstown

Hey 1sr off I adore BBW/CURVY ladies.

They are both two labels. And in ways many woman may take offence to the labels.

I my eyes I see curvy as a lady who has a few extra pounds on.

BBW as a lady whom has a few extra pounds on a few extra pounds.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

I consider myself curvy, I’ve defined hips, a big bum and ample breasts - I’m a size 12 however I know plenty of woman of all shapes and sizes who consider themselves curvy, it’s a shape not a size however I do believe the term bbw to be relevant to woman of a certain size, where curves have a bit extra cushioning!

Again these are all labels which I don’t think anyone needs, we can’t be defined by words or terms, we are all unique - love yourself OP there ain’t no one out there like you xx

over a year ago

I'm not quite sure how you qualify to be a BBW but from my point of view only women who are happy with their bodies and feel sexy and comfortable as they are call themselves BBW and I find that confidence sexy.

over a year ago

From a personal point of view I wouldn't call you a BBW Ginger, you have an incredible body but you are not what I would class as big, you are simply a BW.

over a year ago

" Could I ask what people find attractive about a BBW?"

TBH I really can't put my finger on it but my natural preference is for a larger lady (and a guy when I think about it ). That's not to say that I don't fancy other body types/shapes but I find that there is something so damn sexy about someone with a bigger and softer physique, especially if they have that inner confidence that makes them even sexier!

I never realised the turmoil that some 'larger' people go through until I met L. All I can see is a smoking hot, sexy body that I can't seem to keep my hands off However, she still can't understand why I fancy her SO much and she still has that 'I hate my body mentality' even when I tell her that she is 'wank material' ... crude I know but my way of emphasising to her that there are lots of people out there that will find her and/or her body type extremely hot.

Naturally there are people who just don't like larger ladies and there are those that can be judgemental and offensive about someone elses size but I kinda think that this indicates that they have their own type of insecurity that needs addressing?

At the end of the day we are all attracted to different body types and attributes but for those who are continually battling with that toxic self image I'd say 'go and kick ass!' Wobbly bits, stretch marks, C sections scars, droopy breasts, etc, can all be extremely hot and if someone doesn't like it then they can move along.

Dave X

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Op there are many men that genuinely find bigger girls very attractive. So just know they will delighted with your body. It's just a preference. Media teaches us that fat is bad but it's not at all. Try to shake that and as others have said have confidence.

over a year ago

"Op there are many men that genuinely find bigger girls very attractive. So just know they will delighted with your body. It's just a preference. Media teaches us that fat is bad but it's not at all. Try to shake that and as others have said have confidence. "

I’m one of those guys, I’ve never found slim women attractive.. but I didn’t realise it until looking back. My wife is a 22/24 and has a 60+” ass and L cup boobs that can kill lol, funny and amazing I think I won the lottery

- Griz

over a year ago

It’s a thin line, isn’t it OP? I suspect I’m somewhere in the middle, as body shapes go. I have good curves (boobs and bum), but also wobbly bits on my tummy and legs. I’m a mother of 3, mid forties, and have never stepped foot in a gym ... so what else could I expect?! x

over a year ago

"From a personal point of view I wouldn't call you a BBW Ginger, you have an incredible body but you are not what I would class as big, you are simply a BW.

"

That’s lovely x

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Speaking personally, the things I find aesthetically attractive about someone who'd call themselves a BBW are the same things I find attractive about a slimmer woman. I like boobs, I like bums, I like stomachs, i like thighs. Only difference is on some people some of those things are a different size.

None of this "defines" what's attractive though, it's such an arbitrary and nuanced issue I'm afraid you'll never be able to definitively pin down WHAT is attractive about a BBW.

For the record, from your pictures I think you have a gorgeous figure.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

It sounds like you are thinking that the default is larger women are unattractive and people should explain why they go against that. I think that's the wrong way of looking at it.

People find some other people attractive. People often have a "type" they like, and the range across everbody is enormous. Just because the media portrays X as attractive and Y as unattractive, it doesn't mean that's what goes on in somebody's head when they look at a person. People will like what they like. That media view of what is and isn't attractive is much more likely to affect the thoughts of the person being looked at than the person who is looking.

So I would say you're asking the wrong question. Instead of "Why do some people find larger women attractive?" try changing that to "Why would nobody find larger women attractive?" The answer then becomes clearer. Of course some people will find larger women attractive. That's the diversity of the human experience.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/10/21 08:56:39]

By *umalotagainMan
over a year ago

a town called malice

You see, I look at the individual rather than the label. BBW curvy all one in the same

And dam girl

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I think you've got a great body op. It is sexy and curvy. It looks good. I bet it feels good too. Don't overthink it, just rock the curves you've got.

over a year ago

I hate BBW. I may qualify but I never refer to myself that way as it does feel negative. I actually feel a lot more positive and accepting about my body after a few months here. Because I've seen that others genuinely find my body attractive. Perhaps categorising yourself as BBW isn't helping you? I use voluptuous.

over a year ago

"From a personal point of view I wouldn't call you a BBW Ginger, you have an incredible body but you are not what I would class as big, you are simply a BW.

That’s lovely x"

Awww I said something worthwhile finally.

Every woman in this thread is stunning ( sorry guys I didn't look at you but I'm sure you are all lovely too)

You are all so beautiful

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm attracted to people in a variety of shapes and sizes.

As a curvy lady myself, OP I wouldn't consider you to be BBW but then I'm not comfortable with people putting themselves in these boxes anyway.

You be you, embrace those curves and have fun

By *rSshMan
over a year ago

Poundbury

I am not attracted to the larger lady but I do hate the term BBW, I just don’t get or like the label. So people love the larger lady and some don’t, we are all different. The inference is that anyone who is ‘big’ isn’t beautiful.

As we can see above, many many folks love the body type - just seems that many owners don’t

over a year ago

Why are people attracted to anything really? They like what they see and feel/ touch.

By *erlins5Man
over a year ago

South Fife

Oh wow... I would definitely put you in the curvy bracket. Personally I think it is about shape rather than size. A lady can be much larger than "average" but if she still has the classic curves i.e that hourglass shape that defines and accentuates the waist and hips then to me that is curvy.. But could also be classed as BBW of the lady preferred. It is the ladies shape or curves I love rather than the size. I have met slim ladies who are straight up and down in body shape and not found them as sexy as a larger lady with the curves.... I have also met slimmer ladies with the hourglass figure who I find much sexier than a larger lady with no curves. I hope my comments are not offensive, but you asked for opinions and that is mine for what it's worth.

over a year ago

Bees are attracted to flowers flys are attracted to shit

We have no choice or control

over a year ago

"Bees are attracted to flowers flys are attracted to shit

We have no choice or control "

Flies love me.

over a year ago

Nice big bottom, thick thighs and wobbly belly X

over a year ago

I think OP has a wonderful figure.

I don’t mind if a women prefers to call it bbw or curvy, each to their own.

But I prefer a women with a fuller figure, I’m on the larger side too, and would love to have a fwb like op

By *r-8-BBCMan
over a year ago

LONDON

The curves, softness and the jiggles. Most of all its the size. There's more of everything. I totally love BBW

By *urvySub87Woman
over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

I used to be 20stone, god knows what size. Had rolls on top of rolls. I was a bbw (probably a ssbbw) I'm now 7 stone down. A size 16 and I actually have a waist that you can see so I now class myself as curvy.

over a year ago

"I am not attracted to the larger lady but I do hate the term BBW, I just don’t get or like the label. So people love the larger lady and some don’t, we are all different. The inference is that anyone who is ‘big’ isn’t beautiful.

As we can see above, many many folks love the body type - just seems that many owners don’t "

I think it has a lot to do with the fact big women have been considered not beautiful for decades just look at the media or magazines every time a celebrity dares put on weight, so someone obviously came up with a term for big women that was uplifting.

Society’s standards of beauty is tall, slim, usually blonde and blue eyes, but that’s not to say that anyone who isn’t that, isn’t beautiful either.

I don’t mind the term, it’s just that, a term made up by someone and on sites like this I guess it helps find what others like, just like BBC or BHM.

By *heonix_flamesWoman
over a year ago

Midlands

I’d say curvy is someone with an hourglass figure, and you can have that at any size. So I’ll always describe myself as large or ample on here and not curvy.

By *yder RavishMan
over a year ago

Hertfordshire Essex border

Exactly that

By *yder RavishMan
over a year ago

Hertfordshire Essex border

"

Exactly this!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

To me curvy is a body shape same as apple or pear. So it doesn't matter what size you are you can be curvy.

BBW if you're happy with that label use it, if you are not then don't. Some say it's anyone size 18 and above others say you should be bigger.

What I would say it doesn't matter what label you give yourself, it's about how you feel about yourself and your body that's important.

over a year ago

From school, all through my 20s and most of my 30s my friends were always predominantly size 6/8 with pert boobs, while I hovered around a 12/14 with massive boobs. I was so self conscious and always thought men were lying if they chatted me up over them. But I've gradually come to accept that people just like different things and sometimes the thing they like is imperfect, squidgy me. I prefer softer, chunky bodies so I don't know why it took me so long to believe other people do too! I still get insecure, but no point wasting any more years hiding or trying to figure it out. Plus I think showing lumps and bumps on here and realising people actually quite like them can help too. I think you look gorgeous OP, that's more important than a description.

over a year ago

"From school, all through my 20s and most of my 30s my friends were always predominantly size 6/8 with pert boobs, while I hovered around a 12/14 with massive boobs. I was so self conscious and always thought men were lying if they chatted me up over them. But I've gradually come to accept that people just like different things and sometimes the thing they like is imperfect, squidgy me. I prefer softer, chunky bodies so I don't know why it took me so long to believe other people do too! I still get insecure, but no point wasting any more years hiding or trying to figure it out. Plus I think showing lumps and bumps on here and realising people actually quite like them can help too. I think you look gorgeous OP, that's more important than a description. "

By *ave1963BarnsleyMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

As someone who doesn't have a 'type' this is a question I can't answer, not least because I'm attracted to the person as much as their physical characteristics.

All I can say to you is that having looked at your pics I think you're extremely sexy, and were I to have the good fortune to meet you, in a club environment for example, I would most certainly consider myself very lucky were you to consent to allowing me to play with you.

I think you do yourself a disservice. You really are, in my opinion at least, very desirable xxx

By *egsterMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Some larger ladies look sexy, some average sized ones don't. It's not size that really bothers me.

over a year ago

I think BBW / midsize / athletic blah blah are all just words created (mostly by the patriarchy and media ) to Pitt women against each other …..

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

The same things I find attractive in any woman...... Eyes, smile, attitude, personality, laugh etc.... Attraction is mostly a mental thing for me. For me the difference between curvy and bbw is the level of individual attraction I feel towards them.

By *wingamajigsCouple
over a year ago

Folkestone

I just prefer curves, no idea why, I just do

Post new Message to Thread