Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Insulate Britain and Greta Thunberg

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anybody care about our planet except Greta Thunberg and Insulate Britain? Do you support them in their efforts to block rush hour traffic every single day?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Does anybody care about our planet except Greta Thunberg and Insulate Britain? Do you support them in their efforts to block rush hour traffic every single day? "

I dont like greta personally, “dont like” a bit harsh, lets say “I dont approve her style”.

You cannot change people by making them annoyed, or angry. And also personal changes contributes little to environment. If you stop using plastic all of the sudden, it doesnt make any change at all.

They need to fight with corporations.

Reply privately

By *r Discreet 75Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Great is just her parents puppet .... she doesn't write any of her speeches it's all bollocks and blag because people will take notice of a kid but not of an adult

Reply privately

By *r Discreet 75Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Great is just her parents puppet .... she doesn't write any of her speeches it's all bollocks and blag because people will take notice of a kid but not of an adult "
greta not great (auto correct)

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

We believe you Nohj x

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Does anybody care about our planet except Greta Thunberg and Insulate Britain? Do you support them in their efforts to block rush hour traffic every single day? "

I feel that the Insulate lot are doing more harm than good with their disruptive tactics. There are more effective and constrict ways to further a cause.

And I think a lot of people are bored with greta’s rehearsed rage. Again, more effective and constructive ideas are needed.

Reply privately

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Thunberg, won't be a problem when she hits puberty and needs a plug socket for her sex toys.

As for insulate Britain they just need a run over or have their arms cut off with a chainsaw.

And this planet fucked anyway, half the Brazilian rainforest is missing and the number of nuclear tests have fucked the oceans, the poor countries are still polluting as they can't afford to change China don't care, so why should I be held up and preach to by a spotty little girl who's carbon footprint is probably bigger then mine with all the so called conferences she keeps going too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thunberg, won't be a problem when she hits puberty and needs a plug socket for her sex toys.

"

Seriously? Is this really necessary?

She’s 18 btw

Reply privately

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Actually she did this of her own accord and her parents had nothing to do with it.

Personally I quite like her for standing up at such a young age.

Isolate Britain are a pain in the arse though

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Great is just her parents puppet .... she doesn't write any of her speeches it's all bollocks and blag because people will take notice of a kid but not of an adult "

Politicians and anyone giving public speeches rarely write their own material lol

Reply privately

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

I’ve got a lot of time for Greta, she gets a lot of hate for pointing out the fact that we are destroying the planet. I get that there are lots of people for whom it is easier to do diddly squat about their own impact on the planet and instead choose to make personal attacks on a young lady who is passionate about having a planet left for her generation to live on.

The insulate Britain lot on the other hand are just out to cause trouble and picked their cause out of a hat.

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

I think they are both well meaning but the way Insulate Britain go about things is counter productive, selfish and arrogant. I do think it's time for the police to step up and do their job before somebody gets seriously hurt.

As for Greta, I do think it's good that we are talking and considering the environment more than in previous generations. My issue with her is that all she seems to offer is anger and problems rather than workable real world solutions.

Reply privately

By *anae21Woman
over a year ago

Nearer than you think

"Does anybody care about our planet except Greta Thunberg and Insulate Britain? "

Yes, OP, plenty do care.

The 265 Tory MPs who voted against a bill to stop sewage being pumped into seas and rivers can't be counted amongst them, sadly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wasn't the leader of the insulate campaign found not to have insulation in his own house ??.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Both disliked by me and wouldn’t think twice about moving them aside with my car to get to work in the morning…

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Insulate Britain need to go and occupy somewhere like Parliament square en mass. And stop fucking with people going about their daily life it’s counter productive.

Greta is trying to convey an important message that she feels strongly about. I don’t really care about her enough to develop any dislike toward her.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"I think they are both well meaning but the way Insulate Britain go about things is counter productive, selfish and arrogant. I do think it's time for the police to step up and do their job before somebody gets seriously hurt.

As for Greta, I do think it's good that we are talking and considering the environment more than in previous generations. My issue with her is that all she seems to offer is anger and problems rather than workable real world solutions."

I think Greta (and everyone tbh) has a right to be angry with the way corporations and governments have done nothing.

More adults should be angry about it rather than just being complacent and doing nothing.

As for her offering solutions, it's not really her job and you don't need answers to know something needs to change.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She’s really annoying

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like that Greta cares enough to stand up for the planet. Whether I like her as a person is irrelevant.

The Insulate Britain group seen to care too, but seem to be targeting the wrong people in my opinion, and might be able to achieve more support and backing if they protested in a different way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thunberg, won't be a problem when she hits puberty and needs a plug socket for her sex toys."

This is utterly derogatory.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think we all need to our bit to save the planet. But sitting in roads bloking traffic just angers people and causes more traffic fumes due to them bloking the road.

As for greta she needs to stopping shouting. Stopping accusing every one of stealing her life. She is really to young she needs to learn and study and come back with ideas.

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

So what will make people realise that this is a huge issue?

Reply privately

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Thunberg, won't be a problem when she hits puberty and needs a plug socket for her sex toys."

#notallmen amright?

If Greta was a young man would the commentary be about him needing more eco washes for those “special” socks?

Reply privately

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"Does anybody care about our planet except Greta Thunberg and Insulate Britain? Do you support them in their efforts to block rush hour traffic every single day?

I dont like greta personally, “dont like” a bit harsh, lets say “I dont approve her style”.

You cannot change people by making them annoyed, or angry. And also personal changes contributes little to environment. If you stop using plastic all of the sudden, it doesnt make any change at all.

They need to fight with corporations. "

I disagree. Let's say she has the great good luck that she approaches a CEO of a corporation and actually gets an interview, further, she convinces them that there needs to be change. The CEO takes it to the board and the shareholders and says this is the right thing to do but it'll see our profits slashed - just how effective will that be? Corporations are only controlled by two influences, the laws of the countries in which they operate and market forces. Laws are made by politicians who are voted in by the public. Ultimately then the only people with the power to change the behaviour of corporate entities are the consumers and voters - exactly the people you say can't change anything.

Mr

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Thunberg, won't be a problem when she hits puberty and needs a plug socket for her sex toys.

As for insulate Britain they just need a run over or have their arms cut off with a chainsaw.

And this planet fucked anyway, half the Brazilian rainforest is missing and the number of nuclear tests have fucked the oceans, the poor countries are still polluting as they can't afford to change China don't care, so why should I be held up and preach to by a spotty little girl who's carbon footprint is probably bigger then mine with all the so called conferences she keeps going too."

She's an autistic 18 year old with a concern for her future and the future of others.

She does just need a good fucking to get those silly ideas out of her pretty little head though doesn't she ?

Reply privately

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

There are too many people on this planet and all the shouting and protesting won't change that.

Reply privately

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I think they are both well meaning but the way Insulate Britain go about things is counter productive, selfish and arrogant. I do think it's time for the police to step up and do their job before somebody gets seriously hurt.

As for Greta, I do think it's good that we are talking and considering the environment more than in previous generations. My issue with her is that all she seems to offer is anger and problems rather than workable real world solutions."

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I do not like her persona and I do find her more of an irritant and a put off than an inspiration - between the two of us she will have more effect on the future of the planet....

Reply privately

By *AURA6969TV/TS
over a year ago

RUGBY

The two largest contributors to global pollution are China and USA and neither are doing anything to change their actions so why protest here.

Reply privately

By *litreMan
over a year ago

everywhere

Gretta is a little girl with brilliant intentions, so I hope. But who is she to preach to people when she hasn't a clue about life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do not like her persona and I do find her more of an irritant and a put off than an inspiration - between the two of us she will have more effect on the future of the planet....

"

What's important? Being likable or having an impact?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Gretta is a little girl with brilliant intentions, so I hope. But who is she to preach to people when she hasn't a clue about life."

That's an ageist assumption. She's well informed on what she preaches, far more so than most people who get on their soapboxes. Perhaps she hasn't "got the answer" but she's raising awareness of the need to care, which can only be good.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"Gretta is a little girl with brilliant intentions, so I hope. But who is she to preach to people when she hasn't a clue about life."

So who should and what qualifies them to do so?

Reply privately

By *ananabrumMan
over a year ago

castle bromwich

Its about time somebody put their foot down.... on the accelerator

Reply privately

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

Not sure either are really helping, Getta flys around the world to attend conferences, her carbon footprint is way higher than mine, do as i say, not what i do, so i wont listen.

Insulate britain, well where to start, try insulating your own homes first, people in glass houses etc. Plus they are just pissing people off, thats not going to help.

Uk is one of the lowest polluters per head than most of the world, what we should be focusing on is how to help the big polluting nations to reduce pollution.

Taxing people in the uk for entering cities etc dont really do alot apart from give the gov more money to waste, yes there are things we can do to help, but most people try to as it is, and globaly it makes very little difference.

Its china, who can afford to do something but wont, and the third world countries, who cant afford to do much, that are the main problem, and the us isnt great either.

the problem is that our MP,s have cottoned on to the idea that they can tax us in the name of being green because people suck it up and dont arguee the sensable points.

Things like banning the sale of gas boilers etc is madness that will never work, and thats just one of the hairbrained ideas, i know people who have air source heat pump heating, and thier houses are always freezing, so they all run log burners to help, utterly crazy, plus they all spent 10s of thousends making the change in the name of being green, every one of them regret the move.

Knee jurk reactions are never the answer, its like electric cars, great idea, but unless we have away of making elecrticity without polluting then it just moves the problem from user to sorce, again mad.

I dont own a car, as i dont need one, but i live in a city with good public transport, wich costs a fortune btw, but most people cant live without a car.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its about time somebody put their foot down.... on the accelerator"

Lewis Hamilton?

Reply privately

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

I don't much care for Greta's style, but her campaigns are successful and at least some of what she says is pretty inarguable. She makes her points clearly.

Insulate Britain have lost the plot. Their antics risk lives because they block emergency vehicles. Protest can legitimately be inconvenient and even break the law but doing it over and over again in the same places just pisses people off. And thereby turns them away from the message.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't much care for Greta's style, but her campaigns are successful and at least some of what she says is pretty inarguable. She makes her points clearly.

Insulate Britain have lost the plot. Their antics risk lives because they block emergency vehicles. Protest can legitimately be inconvenient and even break the law but doing it over and over again in the same places just pisses people off. And thereby turns them away from the message."

Do you have a better idea?

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I do not like her persona and I do find her more of an irritant and a put off than an inspiration - between the two of us she will have more effect on the future of the planet....

What's important? Being likable or having an impact? "

I feel you would have the answer to that in the very core of you .......

Reply privately

over a year ago

I feel you would have the answer to that in the very core of you ....... "

Depends on if I'm looking to get laid or save the planet

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I feel you would have the answer to that in the very core of you .......

Depends on if I'm looking to get laid or save the planet "

Well it's me so obviously you are trying to save the planet right now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally, I don't give a shit about Thunberg or the road-shitters. None of their nonsense affects me so I don't care what they have to say.

Reply privately

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

Insulate Britain should be rebranded as Irritate Britain.

Morons.

Greta may have good intentions but she doesn’t grab my attention.

Lou x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where did you get this information from? Are you sure you're not someone else's puppet?

Did you think up that her speeches are 'bollocks and blag' yourself?

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

As for Greta, I do think it's good that we are talking and considering the environment more than in previous generations. My issue with her is that all she seems to offer is anger and problems rather than workable real world solutions.

I think Greta (and everyone tbh) has a right to be angry with the way corporations and governments have done nothing.

More adults should be angry about it rather than just being complacent and doing nothing.

As for her offering solutions, it's not really her job and you don't need answers to know something needs to change. "

Except everyone knows things need to change and improve but this needs to be done in the right manner.

We COULD ban things like flying but this would only damage such a great number of people that it's not practical.

Reply privately

By *litreMan
over a year ago

everywhere

Like I said brilliant ideas. Most of us have ideas and values to try and make things better. She got the centre stage with hers and tried to preach. As for her age, "wisdom comes from experience".

Reply privately

By *litreMan
over a year ago

everywhere

Life experiences.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

As for her offering solutions, it's not really her job and you don't need answers to know something needs to change.

Except everyone knows things need to change and improve but this needs to be done in the right manner.

We COULD ban things like flying but this would only damage such a great number of people that it's not practical.

"

And what were most people doing about it? Fuck all!

She's making a noise and getting people talking about the issues. Her ideas may be too big, but sitting on our arses doing nothing, saying nothing and ignoring the situation would never make a difference.

Now, partly due to her, there is more awareness and more people are speaking out. This 'will' having an affect at corporation and government levels as they all want to please the public and so they are starting to look at the things they 'can' actually change.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"Like I said brilliant ideas. Most of us have ideas and values to try and make things better. She got the centre stage with hers and tried to preach. As for her age, "wisdom comes from experience"."

Sometimes yes, but experience does not equal age.

Who has the most experience of growing up in today's society, with all of our technology, lack of space and lack of freedom to play? That would be the younger generation.

Then often the elder generation has become complacent, jaded, stuck in their ways and lost the will to fight.

No one truely wise would ever ignore the opinion of another just because of their age or background. They would embrace the chance to learn and expand what they know and believe.

Same here. Don't write her off. Listen to her, take what she's saying and build on it. Maybe 'you' could then be the one to come up with the solutions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Im often surprised, disappinted and saddened by the negativity towards a young women who is trying to do good things for all of us.

Insulate Britain - good cause but are turning people against them by their poor choice of tactics. Their tactics are protest tactics rather than designed to effect change.

Greta is doing a great job - Im thankfull we have her. Ive got kids and I want to see a better rather than a worse world for them.

Reply privately

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I just wonder what personal attacks people would come up with if Greta were, say, a forty year old white man making the exact same points. I wonder if people would be just as quick to try and dismiss the facts, figures, and science?

LvM

Reply privately

over a year ago

Both deluded. Greta recently blamed the UK because we started the industrial revolution. Yes, Greta, the UK forced the rest of the World to industrialise..

As for Insulate Britain, no words.

The UK produces 1% of global CO2 emissions, once they have convinced China to deal with their 28% and the US with their 15%, India, Russia, Japan etc., then get back to us.

Climate change is happening regardless, it's called nature.

Reply privately

By *litreMan
over a year ago

everywhere

You have a very valid point. I like what you said about listening and finding a solution.

Have you watched David Attenborough's "our world". That has a proper impact.I do apologize but Gretta had not impact and was more annoying.

Reply privately

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

"I just wonder what personal attacks people would come up with if Greta were, say, a forty year old white man making the exact same points. I wonder if people would be just as quick to try and dismiss the facts, figures, and science?

LvM"

Here here

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

And this planet fucked anyway, half the Brazilian rainforest is missing and the number of nuclear tests have fucked the oceans, the poor countries are still polluting as they can't afford to change China don't care, so why should I be held up and preach to by a spotty little girl who's carbon footprint is probably bigger then mine with all the so called conferences she keeps going too."

WOW! arnt u a lovely one???

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

How dare you!

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Love Greta x

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

So how many people preaching about saving the planet will be spending shed loads of money on stuff that has caused the problems with consumerism which ultimately leads to more emissions then ?

Just saying

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Greta is just a puppet and has had a PR company behind her since Day One.

It's all to do with carbon-trading interests

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Greta Thunberg at 18 years of age is an impressive campaigner and has social values that are bringing about a change in the old guard on a global scale.

As per every successful human she will have many who will judge, as in this thread, judgement on her looks, age, how she travels, who writes her speeches and so on.

If people put aside their bias and look at the facts, she is doing a remarkable job on a world stage. How many here can boast doing more in their field of work?

Reply privately

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

"Gretta is a little girl with brilliant intentions, so I hope. But who is she to preach to people when she hasn't a clue about life.

That's an ageist assumption. She's well informed on what she preaches, far more so than most people who get on their soapboxes. Perhaps she hasn't "got the answer" but she's raising awareness of the need to care, which can only be good."

Reply privately

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

"Greta Thunberg at 18 years of age is an impressive campaigner and has social values that are bringing about a change in the old guard on a global scale.

As per every successful human she will have many who will judge, as in this thread, judgement on her looks, age, how she travels, who writes her speeches and so on.

If people put aside their bias and look at the facts, she is doing a remarkable job on a world stage. How many here can boast doing more in their field of work?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm sure she says good things but sadly, many of the countries doing the worst polluting are run by men and cultures who treat women as second class citizens and female children as even less. Personally, I think she would do better if she targeted children and helped to convince them to cut down on designer fashion clothes and technology that use raw materials which really fuck the planet up to get them.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

As for her offering solutions, it's not really her job and you don't need answers to know something needs to change. "

Getting “angry” and shouting “somebody should do something” is pretty pointless.

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"So how many people preaching about saving the planet will be spending shed loads of money on stuff that has caused the problems with consumerism which ultimately leads to more emissions then ?

Just saying "

Completely agree. A lot of celebs who tried virtue signalling on this had to slip away into the shadows when people pointed out they they are massive consumers (private jets etc) and complete frauds on the subject

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

And this planet fucked anyway, half the Brazilian rainforest is missing and the number of nuclear tests have fucked the oceans, the poor countries are still polluting as they can't afford to change China don't care, so why should I be held up and preach to by a spotty little girl who's carbon footprint is probably bigger then mine with all the so called conferences she keeps going too.

She's an autistic 18 year old with a concern for her future and the future of others.

She does just need a good fucking to get those silly ideas out of her pretty little head though doesn't she ? "

Granny...

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"I'm sure she says good things but sadly, many of the countries doing the worst polluting are run by men and cultures who treat women as second class citizens and female children as even less. Personally, I think she would do better if she targeted children and helped to convince them to cut down on designer fashion clothes and technology that use raw materials which really fuck the planet up to get them."

She was targeted by children, they made her the voice. 30,000 turned up in Bristol to see her, many of that number were children.

The old guard will be replaced by the new as is the way and she is already making a splash and worrying those very men you mention above.

Reply privately

By *ichaelsmyMan
over a year ago

douglas

perhaps a lorry carrying insulation should make a delivery

Reply privately

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"I don't much care for Greta's style, but her campaigns are successful and at least some of what she says is pretty inarguable. She makes her points clearly.

Insulate Britain have lost the plot. Their antics risk lives because they block emergency vehicles. Protest can legitimately be inconvenient and even break the law but doing it over and over again in the same places just pisses people off. And thereby turns them away from the message.

Do you have a better idea? "

Anyone could come up with better ideas than the shit the insulate Britain lot have come up with.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm sure she says good things but sadly, many of the countries doing the worst polluting are run by men and cultures who treat women as second class citizens and female children as even less. Personally, I think she would do better if she targeted children and helped to convince them to cut down on designer fashion clothes and technology that use raw materials which really fuck the planet up to get them.

She was targeted by children, they made her the voice. 30,000 turned up in Bristol to see her, many of that number were children.

The old guard will be replaced by the new as is the way and she is already making a splash and worrying those very men you mention above. "

Yes, exactly! Did you see the pictures of all the mess they left behind? It was quite shocking. This is what she needs to spend her energy on to make a genuine difference.

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

What is laughable is the fact that we are in the back end of an ice age. The temp has increased by a negligible amount over the last 400 yrs but this is cyclical and happens every 1000 yrs which itself is part of a 100,000 Yr temperature cycle.

Our CO2 levels are critically low and were, before we started using fossil fuels, close to the levels where plants would struggle to survive. They are the lowest levels, as measured in sea ice, for 350million years.

But, modern mans arrogance and corporations and government looking for the next squeeze, have led us to believe we are killing the planet.

The planet is getting greener and healthier as a result of CO2 rises. But you won't hear about it in the media.

Thumberg knows literally nothing about ecology. If you want to know what you are talking about and be able to measure the bullshit of the media, go to YT and look up Dr Patrick Moore. He was a founder of Green peace and is an actual scientist.

Don't be beholden to children when you have an adult conversation.

Reply privately

By *litreMan
over a year ago

everywhere

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

"What is laughable is the fact that we are in the back end of an ice age. The temp has increased by a negligible amount over the last 400 yrs but this is cyclical and happens every 1000 yrs which itself is part of a 100,000 Yr temperature cycle.

Our CO2 levels are critically low and were, before we started using fossil fuels, close to the levels where plants would struggle to survive. They are the lowest levels, as measured in sea ice, for 350million years.

But, modern mans arrogance and corporations and government looking for the next squeeze, have led us to believe we are killing the planet.

The planet is getting greener and healthier as a result of CO2 rises. But you won't hear about it in the media.

Thumberg knows literally nothing about ecology. If you want to know what you are talking about and be able to measure the bullshit of the media, go to YT and look up Dr Patrick Moore. He was a founder of Green peace and is an actual scientist.

Don't be beholden to children when you have an adult conversation. "

And you disagree with the majority of the worlds experts based on what exactly? A few regurgitated ideas you got off YouTube?

Mr

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

It took her PR company 18 months to find someone suitable. In other words the whole thing is false

Deep down we ALL know that

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

There is a YT channel called Skill Builder and its presented by a bloke called Roger. He thinks Great should do the right thing and stop being a politician and take up a STEM subject and come up with solutions, not a pointy finger.

It's spot on, that!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

Alexander the Great was 20 when he became king, over the next 10 years he conquered the largest empire the world had ever seen. Just because the majority achieve very little while they are young, this is a correlation not a causation. There are plenty of young people who have made astounding changes to the world. This comment shows the ignorance of dismissing someone based on an irrelevant factor rather than on what counts which is what they do/say/achieve. I'll listen to arguments that attack these, not those that attack her age, colour, sex, hairstyle or anything else irrelevant.

Mr

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Gretta is a little girl with brilliant intentions, so I hope. But who is she to preach to people when she hasn't a clue about life.

Alexander the Great was 20 when he became king, over the next 10 years he conquered the largest empire the world had ever seen. Just because the majority achieve very little while they are young, this is a correlation not a causation. There are plenty of young people who have made astounding changes to the world. This comment shows the ignorance of dismissing someone based on an irrelevant factor rather than on what counts which is what they do/say/achieve. I'll listen to arguments that attack these, not those that attack her age, colour, sex, hairstyle or anything else irrelevant.

Mr"

But her ideas aren't her own. She's just a PR puppet.

Sometimes you can tell that she's repeating points that her PR people have sent to her earpiece

Reply privately

By *litreMan
over a year ago

everywhere

Each to there own

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"There is a YT channel called Skill Builder and its presented by a bloke called Roger. He thinks Great should do the right thing and stop being a politician and take up a STEM subject and come up with solutions, not a pointy finger.

It's spot on, that!"

She may be absolutely rubbish at STEM it's not for everyone. And therefore doing the best that she can do. I care about car safety for example I'm rubbish at engineering. I don't think you have to be good at the subject to find solutions to be passionate about the subject.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"There is a YT channel called Skill Builder and its presented by a bloke called Roger. He thinks Great should do the right thing and stop being a politician and take up a STEM subject and come up with solutions, not a pointy finger.

It's spot on, that!

She may be absolutely rubbish at STEM it's not for everyone. And therefore doing the best that she can do. I care about car safety for example I'm rubbish at engineering. I don't think you have to be good at the subject to find solutions to be passionate about the subject. "

Ah, that's more like it, passion. Sell the carrot and put the stick away. Promotion of seat belts, drink driving campaigns and the like are just as important as the invention of 3 point harness and the breathalyser.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

It's spot on, that!

She may be absolutely rubbish at STEM it's not for everyone. And therefore doing the best that she can do. I care about car safety for example I'm rubbish at engineering. I don't think you have to be good at the subject to find solutions to be passionate about the subject. "

Maybe she has been brainwashed?

Social services should have intervened

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Mr

Sometimes you can tell that she's repeating points that her PR people have sent to her earpiece"

Can you? Really?

Reply privately

over a year ago

In theory I support both because actually what they are trying to do is a good thing. I just do not agree with how they are trying to do it and how aggressive they are with their message because that is not going to win friends and influence people.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Mr

Sometimes you can tell that she's repeating points that her PR people have sent to her earpiece

Can you? Really? "

Go and take a look. It's obvious

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"It took her PR company 18 months to find someone suitable. In other words the whole thing is false

Deep down we ALL know that"

She was doing this stuff at her school and getting recognition on her own before and PR companies got involved.

You seem very jealous of a young lady who is getting a lot of attention.

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"What is laughable is the fact that we are in the back end of an ice age. The temp has increased by a negligible amount over the last 400 yrs but this is cyclical and happens every 1000 yrs which itself is part of a 100,000 Yr temperature cycle.

And you disagree with the majority of the worlds experts based on what exactly? A few regurgitated ideas you got off YouTube?

Mr"

These are not world experts. They are not recognised in any of the areas that study global warming.

If you watch Dr Moore he will say that no real scientist will agree that we are warming the earth.

Yes we have increased CO2 levels from critically low levels at a faster rate, however, in the billions of years of the cycle of the earth, it is nothing. The planet has frozen and defrosted many times. The tide has been metres higher and there are towns miles away from water that used to be docks.

We have been here for a tiny percentage of this planets existence and it will go on well after us.

I do not argue thatwe have not ravaged the resources and forced many species to extinction. I just say that no real scientist would say that humans are CAUSING global warming.

We are a small factor of consideration.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Mr

Can you? Really?

Go and take a look. It's obvious"

I see a very intelligent woman, who suffers from Aspergers managing to speak to large crowds (something many people wouldn't be able to do).

Even if she has the occasional prompt, then so be it. Do you know of 'any' public speaker, that doesn't have an autoqueue or ear piece to keep them on track? It's good practice for public speaking and doesn't mean anything.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Mr

Can you? Really?

I see a very intelligent woman, who suffers from Aspergers managing to speak to large crowds (something many people wouldn't be able to do).

Even if she has the occasional prompt, then so be it. Do you know of 'any' public speaker, that doesn't have an autoqueue or ear piece to keep them on track? It's good practice for public speaking and doesn't mean anything. "

Do you also believe that she launched a genuine 'school strike' and all the rest of it?

It was all orchestrated by a PR company. Who paid for the pr company?

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Mr

Can you? Really?

Even if she has the occasional prompt, then so be it. Do you know of 'any' public speaker, that doesn't have an autoqueue or ear piece to keep them on track? It's good practice for public speaking and doesn't mean anything. "

^ this I am far from natural when I have to stand up and speak in front of 300-400 people. It is absolutely terrifying and I'm dyslexic so whilst it's not the same as Asperger's I understand why she talks a staticly because it's exactly what I do in this kind of situation. The fact she gets up and talks to so many I take my hat off to her.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Mr

These are not world experts. They are not recognised in any of the areas that study global warming.

If you watch Dr Moore he will say that no real scientist will agree that we are warming the earth.

Yes we have increased CO2 levels from critically low levels at a faster rate, however, in the billions of years of the cycle of the earth, it is nothing. The planet has frozen and defrosted many times. The tide has been metres higher and there are towns miles away from water that used to be docks.

We have been here for a tiny percentage of this planets existence and it will go on well after us.

I do not argue thatwe have not ravaged the resources and forced many species to extinction. I just say that no real scientist would say that humans are CAUSING global warming.

We are a small factor of consideration. "

It is now referred to as climate change. I have took some time to look at Patrick Moore, I hadn't heard of him until you posted.

I have found Greenpeace have distanced themselves form him, stating he is using connections to Greenpeace which are often exaggerated to promote his credentials. They have gone to extraordinary lengths to debunk his claims, which I was not expecting at all from your post. The nail in the coffin is a very harsh summary of his work with polluting companies around the world.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Insulate Britain has a very very good point about every house being insulated and would benifit all massively reduced bills and a easy tatget for goverment to reach ..but are protesting the wrong way and pissing people off..

Greta Thunberg is a product of her parents as its been proven but the i dont see that as a problem good parents teach there kids .... i think her message's are good and the fact the media sit up and take notice then job done ... somebody needs to do something .. even if those big countries do nothing they will get left behind as more and more countries become green andthey get left behind oh but wait they wont want to be left behing or they lose there superpower status .. i want this country to go as green as possible lead the way or at least be there with those that lead the way .....

Reply privately

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Insulate which homes? Majority are insulated. What difference would it make?

Greta..UK only contributes 5% ish of world pollution. Why not go and annoy China?

Agree with the ideas, but the targeting and methods are all wrong. In my opinion.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I can sum up insulate Britain in four words ...

Wear a fucking jumper

Reply privately

over a year ago

They are all worthwhile causes by intelligent people.

But they disrupted the people whose support they need. I was at the station when that twat jumped onto the roof of the train. I was already late because of a previous train. Trust me he deserved that kicking although I greatly admired the station guard for protecting him.

We just had three political conferences, that was the opportunity for as much disruption as possible. They will have the public support as the decision makers politicians and journalists, are there and if it affects them,they will change it. But nothing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Insulate which homes? Majority are insulated. What difference would it make?

"

you would think so as i would till i saw the numbers being talked about on sky news defo not the Majority i was shocked ... some house's were built so badly that a cardboard box is warmer

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

Can you? Really?

Whilst I completely agree with your sentiment may I please correct you on something.

She doesn't suffer from Aspergers she lives with it just because we have certain conditions doesn't mean we are suffering and I totally understand that was not your intention but it was important for me just to point that out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

someone mention greenpeace ... biggest farce on the planet ... who sponser them who gives them money very little from the people the big money comes from ??? several progarms on netflix documenteries seapriate being one of them same goes for that dolphin free tuna company thats a con too as most major commercial fishing companys sponsers them

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

you would think so as i would till i saw the numbers being talked about on sky news defo not the Majority i was shocked ... some house's were built so badly that a cardboard box is warmer"

I don't think I ever stayed in a student rental that was insulated. Most didn't even have double glazing and some even had slated windows

I had to sleep in a coat and hat, it was so cold in the winter.

Knowing how cheap many landlords are, I doubt those properties have changed at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

ban the straw yes lets do that as they are so bad but lets keep the big comercial fishing boats going that are the bigest sea polluter of plastic but no lets ban the straw that will hadly make a impact

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Mr

Can you? Really?

Even if she has the occasional prompt, then so be it. Do you know of 'any' public speaker, that doesn't have an autoqueue or ear piece to keep them on track? It's good practice for public speaking and doesn't mean anything.

Whilst I completely agree with your sentiment may I please correct you on something.

She doesn't suffer from Aspergers she lives with it just because we have certain conditions doesn't mean we are suffering and I totally understand that was not your intention but it was important for me just to point that out. "

No you are totally correct.

My brain doesn't exactly work like most and I'm not suffering, just doing things differently. It was a poor use of term.

As she says, it's her superpower.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

Can you? Really?

She doesn't suffer from Aspergers she lives with it just because we have certain conditions doesn't mean we are suffering and I totally understand that was not your intention but it was important for me just to point that out.

No you are totally correct.

My brain doesn't exactly work like most and I'm not suffering, just doing things differently. It was a poor use of term.

As she says, it's her superpower. "

Absolutely and I totally get that as someone who also has a brain that seems to work very differently to everybody elses. Sorry I just really felt an urge to point that out but I know you didn't mean anything by it.

Reply privately

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

you would think so as i would till i saw the numbers being talked about on sky news defo not the Majority i was shocked ... some house's were built so badly that a cardboard box is warmer

I don't think I ever stayed in a student rental that was insulated. Most didn't even have double glazing and some even had slated windows

I had to sleep in a coat and hat, it was so cold in the winter.

Knowing how cheap many landlords are, I doubt those properties have changed at all. "

So out of the millions of houses in the UK, how many are uninsulated?

We used to have ice on the inside of our windows, and no central heating. How was our un-insulated house adding to the issue?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

The amount of people threatened by a scientifically literate teenage girl, is staggering.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"The amount of people threatened by a scientifically literate teenage girl, is staggering."

The number of people taken in by a PR puppet is alarming.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"The amount of people threatened by a scientifically literate teenage girl, is staggering.

The number of people taken in by a PR puppet is alarming."

Haven't seen anyone taken in by a PR puppet.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"The amount of people threatened by a scientifically literate teenage girl, is staggering.

The number of people taken in by a PR puppet is alarming."

So you don't think there is any need to look after the environment or to encourage others to?

Reply privately

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Lot of disgusting and / or deluded posts in this thread. Lot of people need to be ashamed of themselves, but you can tell that they aren't.

Reply privately

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

There are some very deluded people on this website. Some pretty grim reading.

I’m sure Greta will be on the correct side of history. No one ever changed the world by asking nicely for things.

As for insulate Britain, I really wish they would glue themselves to the roads outside Parliament and Downing Street rather than exits to to M25 but again, they have their right to protest and you cannot argue that it’s been effective. I mean, there are people on this website that have stopped wanking long enough to comment on this thread

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

So you don't think there is any need to look after the environment or to encourage others to? "

How do you arrive at that conclusion from what I wrote?

She is not what she seems

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Lot of disgusting and / or deluded posts in this thread. Lot of people need to be ashamed of themselves, but you can tell that they aren't. "

Many need to be ashamed of themselves... maybe not the ones you're thinking of.

You do realise that domestic energy bills are now artificially increased by 30% because of all the taxes/green charges.

I'm desperately sorry for those who can't heat their homes

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

So you don't think there is any need to look after the environment or to encourage others to?

She is not what she seems"

Well, does it really matter if she's got a PR team behind her as long as it gets results?

I can't see why it would bother you so much unless you were against what she says.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She is not what she seems"

Reading some of these posts make me realise that maybe we do deserve Boris as our Prime Minister

Ive also realised that its impossible to objectively weigh up a supposed serious argument from someone with a knob as an avatar - thats just me - one of my many faults

Reply privately

over a year ago

Disgusting comments on this thread about an 18 year old girl trying and succeeding in making her mark on the World, agree with her campaign you may not but fair play to her standing up for her beliefs

And yes I do care about the planet

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Well, does it really matter if she's got a PR team behind her as long as it gets results?

I can't see why it would bother you so much unless you were against what she says. "

Much of what she says is lies.

But what alarms me is how Big Money can manipulate public perception.

Big Money can afford PR companies, can afford lobbying. The ordinary citizen can do none of this.

Politics is being bought by the rich. It should alarm everyone

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"There are some very deluded people on this website. Some pretty grim reading.

I’m sure Greta will be on the correct side of history. No one ever changed the world by asking nicely for things.

As for insulate Britain, I really wish they would glue themselves to the roads outside Parliament and Downing Street rather than exits to to M25 but again, they have their right to protest and you cannot argue that it’s been effective. I mean, there are people on this website that have stopped wanking long enough to comment on this thread "

You seem to get personal when people don’t agree with you don’t you? Are you one of those who are always right I wonder. Perhaps from some of your comments a cut above the rest on here?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Disgusting comments on this thread about an 18 year old girl trying and succeeding in making her mark on the World, agree with her campaign you may not but fair play to her standing up for her beliefs

And yes I do care about the planet"

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Reading some of these posts make me realise that maybe we do deserve Boris as our Prime Minister

Ive also realised that its impossible to objectively weigh up a supposed serious argument from someone with a knob as an avatar - thats just me - one of my many faults "

You think she is genuine?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Does anybody care about our planet except Greta Thunberg and Insulate Britain? Do you support them in their efforts to block rush hour traffic every single day?

They need to fight with corporations.

I disagree. Let's say she has the great good luck that she approaches a CEO of a corporation and actually gets an interview, further, she convinces them that there needs to be change. The CEO takes it to the board and the shareholders and says this is the right thing to do but it'll see our profits slashed - just how effective will that be? Corporations are only controlled by two influences, the laws of the countries in which they operate and market forces. Laws are made by politicians who are voted in by the public. Ultimately then the only people with the power to change the behaviour of corporate entities are the consumers and voters - exactly the people you say can't change anything.

Mr"

You are totally right. What I meant there (at least try to mean that) your effect would be so little if you start living environmental-friendly. Instead starting to fight with corporations as you pointed out would be more beneficial imho.

We need to remember and understand that politicians and corporations are our bitches.

Reply privately

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

I can't see why it would bother you so much unless you were against what she says. "

Rich influencial

World, business, economic leaders putting a young woman on a stage for them to be spanked by her, what are they there for in a dark theater.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I can't see why it would bother you so much unless you were against what she says.

Much of what she says is lies.

But what alarms me is how Big Money can manipulate public perception.

Big Money can afford PR companies, can afford lobbying. The ordinary citizen can do none of this.

Politics is being bought by the rich. It should alarm everyone"

So what has been proven as lies?

The only things I've seen that people say that about are things which have credible arguments from both sides, because we just do not know.

But I would personally side with the side which could lead to a better planet, even if it wasn't required.

Yes, big money can and has been in politics for many years and buys public opinion. Do you not think oil companies aren't paying PR companies to push some of the anti-Greta agenda?

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

As well as those already living in fuel poverty I worry about those who will be living in it.

The national grid has to be upgraded because of this 'green' claptrap. At a cost of £3tr.

That's £100,000 per family.

Cars will soon be for the wealthy only. Same with flights.

This young lady's rich backers need to be challenged

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Rich influencial

World, business, economic leaders putting a young woman on a stage for them to be spanked by her, what are they there for in a dark theater. "

They are trading carbon credits. Wake up

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ive also realised that its impossible to objectively weigh up a supposed serious argument from someone with a knob as an avatar - thats just me - one of my many faults

You think she is genuine?"

You complain that she has a PR company advising her. Why shouldnt an 18 year old have some help phrasing her message and arranging interviews. Id live their help if I was her.

Or is it only big oil, chemical companies and politicians who are allowed that?

Do I think she is genuune - yes and I admire her for caring and having the guts to do something positive for all of us and our children.....oh and for putting up with all the abuse she gets.

Go Greta

Reply privately

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Love her or hate her and her tactics but you can't take away from her that where all talking about her and the environment. Change happens when folks discuss, polarised or not discourse effects change

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

You complain that she has a PR company advising her. Why shouldnt an 18 year old have some help phrasing her message and arranging interviews. Id live their help if I was her.

Do I think she is genuune - yes and I admire her for caring and having the guts to do something positive for all of us and our children.....oh and for putting up with all the abuse she gets.

Go Greta "

You seem to believe that it was all her idea and that her backers are simply providing 'help'.

In reality she is their creature. She was chosen after an 18-month search for someone who it would be difficult for people to disagree with.

This is all about forcing up the costs of carbon credits. There are huge amounts of money to be made.

She is being used. She will be discarded at some point with a huge amount of bitterness and psychological damage.

Someone should intervene

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

Mr

We are a small factor of consideration. "

Try Googling "Fact Checking The Claim Of 97% Consensus On Anthropogenic Climate Change"

The oft quoted 97% may be misleading but 80 - 100% depending on the question asked seems that you are looking in the wrong place for your answers ...

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

Go Greta

You seem to believe that it was all her idea and that her backers are simply providing 'help'.

In reality she is their creature. She was chosen after an 18-month search for someone who it would be difficult for people to disagree with.

This is all about forcing up the costs of carbon credits. There are huge amounts of money to be made.

She is being used. She will be discarded at some point with a huge amount of bitterness and psychological damage.

Someone should intervene"

Seriously? How do you know all this?

Sounds a bit Qanon to me

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Go Greta

Someone should intervene

Seriously? How do you know all this?

Sounds a bit Qanon to me"

Nothing to do with Qanon. Google is your friend

Reply privately

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

As for insulate Britain, I really wish they would glue themselves to the roads outside Parliament and Downing Street rather than exits to to M25 but again, they have their right to protest and you cannot argue that it’s been effective. I mean, there are people on this website that have stopped wanking long enough to comment on this thread

You seem to get personal when people don’t agree with you don’t you? Are you one of those who are always right I wonder. Perhaps from some of your comments a cut above the rest on here? "

What are you talking about? There are people on this thread wishing sexual and violent harm on people and you’re digging me out for calling out this bullshit? Well I am very sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings after they wished a very violent death on people using their right to protest.

Fuck me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You seem to get personal when people don’t agree with you don’t you? Are you one of those who are always right I wonder. Perhaps from some of your comments a cut above the rest on here? "

Reply privately

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

In spite of the 1st two paragraphs on this post, I’m the arsehole.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bet Greta will be using some rubber in the future.

Reply privately

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/Lincol

Yeah hate Greta...hate insulate Britain...both talking truth to Power...the folk that won't like them are the folk that thought Brexit was a good idea...still saying what a success it has been...still denying its been a complete clusterfuck...they'll still be denying climate change as their grandchildren die xx

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Yeah hate Greta...hate insulate Britain...both talking truth to Power...the folk that won't like them are the folk that thought Brexit was a good idea...still saying what a success it has been...still denying its been a complete clusterfuck...they'll still be denying climate change as their grandchildren die xx"

There's a good few flat earthers around here. More than you come across in daily life.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Yeah hate Greta...hate insulate Britain...both talking truth to Power...the folk that won't like them are the folk that thought Brexit was a good idea...still saying what a success it has been...still denying its been a complete clusterfuck...they'll still be denying climate change as their grandchildren die xx"

Greta isn't speaking any truth. She is a puppet and her actions are orchestrated

Reply privately

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/Lincol

"Yeah hate Greta...hate insulate Britain...both talking truth to Power...the folk that won't like them are the folk that thought Brexit was a good idea...still saying what a success it has been...still denying its been a complete clusterfuck...they'll still be denying climate change as their grandchildren die xx

Greta isn't speaking any truth. She is a puppet and her actions are orchestrated"

Project Fear wasn't speaking any truth and now look.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Yeah hate Greta...hate insulate Britain...both talking truth to Power...the folk that won't like them are the folk that thought Brexit was a good idea...still saying what a success it has been...still denying its been a complete clusterfuck...they'll still be denying climate change as their grandchildren die xx

Greta isn't speaking any truth. She is a puppet and her actions are orchestrated

Project Fear wasn't speaking any truth and now look."

????

Reply privately

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/Lincol

There's a good few flat earthers around here. More than you come across in daily life."

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

Climate change = not happening

Vaccinating kids = Bill Gates

Honestly...please block me if any of these views are your own.

Reply privately

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

Greta isn't speaking any truth. She is a puppet and her actions are orchestrated"

What has Greta lied about? Are you saying that we shouldn’t be trying to preserve our planet? Have you got any links to any peer reviewed scientific papers to back up your reasoning? (tinfoil-hat. com doesn’t count)

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

There's a good few flat earthers around here. More than you come across in daily life.

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

Honestly...please block me if any of these views are your own."

No-one hates Greta. We know she is being used.

She is also being damaged. She is brainwashed.

Someone should have intervened long ago

Reply privately

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/Lincol

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

Someone should have intervened long ago"

You don't like her because you don't like the message. But I don't level blame at you...compassion for the conned and contempt for the conmen.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

You don't like her because you don't like the message. But I don't level blame at you...compassion for the conned and contempt for the conmen."

The message is a carefully curated lie

Reply privately

over a year ago

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

Someone should have intervened long ago"

Im not sure its Greta who's been brainwashed

Reply privately

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/Lincol

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

You don't like her because you don't like the message. But I don't level blame at you...compassion for the conned and contempt for the conmen.

The message is a carefully curated lie"

Don't worry...I have compassion for you xx

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

Im not sure its Greta who's been brainwashed "

This isn't the place for persy abuse and it's very revealing when you use it

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

This isn't the place for persy abuse and it's very revealing when you use it"

Why don't you take time to learn about climate change, and the impact of human activity on it.

Then you could argue your points from a position of understanding and knowledge.

Reply privately

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/Lincol

Flat earth = true

Brexit = good

This isn't the place for persy abuse and it's very revealing when you use it

Why don't you take time to learn about climate change, and the impact of human activity on it.

Then you could argue your points from a position of understanding and knowledge."

The brexit supporters, climate denyers and vaccine denyers have one thing in common...they've all been conned...its not their fault they've been conned...its the conners who are to blame. (Have I spelt denyers correctly?)

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

The climate has always been warming and cooling.

The warmist narrative is about tax

Reply privately

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I'll be joining Greta on the cop26 protest march.

I am well aware companies need hammered to change, however consumer power speaks...if you don't buy it they can't profit from it. They will be forced to look at their strategies.

Everybody needs to do their bit, everyone of us made this mess even if it was through blissful ignorance & trust of government & private companies to actually care about the planet or the people they serve.

Now back to my environmental science masters...

Reply privately

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

"I'll be joining Greta on the cop26 protest march.

I am well aware companies need hammered to change, however consumer power speaks...if you don't buy it they can't profit from it. They will be forced to look at their strategies.

Everybody needs to do their bit, everyone of us made this mess even if it was through blissful ignorance & trust of government & private companies to actually care about the planet or the people they serve.

Now back to my environmental science masters..."

Oh yeah 99% of climate scientists agree that human activity is the root cause of climate change by rising co2 levels since industrial age, made worse by age of tech

Reply privately

By *orkiebar51Man
over a year ago

Keighley

Insulate Britain... Just a bunch of carbon based speed bumps

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Oh yeah 99% of climate scientists agree that human activity is the root cause of climate change by rising co2 levels since industrial age, made worse by age of tech "

Ha ha. You really believe that?

Reply privately

By *odgerMan
over a year ago

Coventry(ish)/Lincol

Oh yeah 99% of climate scientists agree that human activity is the root cause of climate change by rising co2 levels since industrial age, made worse by age of tech

Ha ha. You really believe that?"

What do you believe...what are you qualifications Einstein?

Reply privately

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

To be honest a little 2 faced in my eyes.

insulate it yes but what with.

composite stuff is a waste product that dosnt compose or degenerate.

other insulation is better

glass fibre is roughly the same.

lambs wool is a good one but has issues.

paper has issues fire hazard.

So whats right and whats wrong to use comes to mind.

To be honest we are being forced to use composite material like the greenfel fire in our homes.

This gives a good example with it remeber you only have 1/2 hr on plasterboard ceilings

after that your getting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJAWPfZzIKY

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

What do you believe...what are you qualifications Einstein?"

This claim has been exposed as corrupt so many times.

I'm surprised that anyone still believes it. Wow

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Has anyone ever told Insulate Britain that Houses are built with insulation already installed...its all there in the Buildings Regulations

And why should everyone else pay to insulate the homes of those who jo doubt bought them after a survey that told them what they were buying?

Get off the fucking roads and let the Ambulances through....

Oh and Greta Who....

This rant was brought to you by the totally pissed off with every w_iney twat with an axe to grind who thinks they are so bloody important the rest of us have to immediately dance attendance on said w_iney that's latest pet whinge....

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

What do you believe...what are you qualifications Einstein?

This claim has been exposed as corrupt so many times.

I'm surprised that anyone still believes it. Wow"

It's also been shown to be correct many times. It all depends on who you listen to.

My thoughts are that I'd prefer to do something about the environment now, because if climate change is false, all we end up doing is making our environment nicer, but if it is real we could save the planet.

As opposed to doing nothing, because if climate change is false nothing changes, but if it is real we fuck the planet up for ourselves.

So whilst people disagree about the realities, I want to take the course of action that has less negative possibilities.

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Ha ha. You really believe that?"

Honestly, if you chose to learn about climate change, and the causes, you'd be able to form an opinion based on a greater level of understanding. Then you could argue your position, instead of trying to just ridicule people who have some knowledge on the subject.

As it stands, you appear to be arguing from a place of deliberate ignorance. Choosing to "believe" an unscientific angle, instead of choosing to understand the science.

Why would you not want to learn about what's going on, especially seeing as you seem to have strong opinions on it.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Honestly, if you chose to learn about climate change, and the causes, you'd be able to form an opinion based on a greater level of understanding. Then you could argue your position, instead of trying to just ridicule people who have some knowledge on the subject.

As it stands, you appear to be arguing from a place of deliberate ignorance. Choosing to "believe" an unscientific angle, instead of choosing to understand the science.

Why would you not want to learn about what's going on, especially seeing as you seem to have strong opinions on it. "

The 99% claim is junk science

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

Why would you not want to learn about what's going on, especially seeing as you seem to have strong opinions on it.

The 99% claim is junk science"

It's 'that' that you have issues with?

It's obviously hard to come up with an exact figure, but so.e surveys 'have' shown it to be 99%.

Generally even places disagreeing with this figure are placing it at over 80%.

That information is all freely published and accessible and the way the numbers were reached examined for you if you care to look for yourself.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

The more you read the more interesting the 99% claim gets.

Firstly it's only 97%.

More importantly, the 97% was challenged methodologically by economist David Friedman. It was then calculated that only 1.6% of 'climate scientists' stated that manmade greenhouse gases caused at least 50% of global warming.

Where did the 97% come from? The originator had created a category called 'explicit endorsement without quantification'...that is, papers in which the claim originator, which he admitted, did not say whether 1% or 50% or 100% of the warming was caused by man.

There's more jiggery pokery too.

It's a fake claim meant to dishonestly frighten the gullible

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

The 99% claim is junk science"

Okay, forget about this % of scientists thing. It seems to be causing you confusion.

To be clear, there is no debate about the causes of climate change. The science behind it is observable, measurable, we can replicate and model it, and it's peer reviewed from a huge number of independent studies globally.

Information is widely available from a whole load of different sources. You can go and read about it.

Your willful lack of understanding, is not a strong argument in the context of a scientific discussion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Imagine being a 36 year old man calling an 18 year old girl a cunt. And wishing for people to be run over.

Reply privately

By * and S barnstapleCouple
over a year ago

Great Torrington

Cant help thinking underfloor heating helps if you want to have fun rolling around floor

Reply privately

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"Imagine being a 36 year old man calling an 18 year old girl a cunt. And wishing for people to be run over."

Yea calling her that is not nice but I do agree with the running over though

They are achieving nothing blocking roads they should be outside parliament

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Okay, forget about this % of scientists thing. It seems to be causing you confusion.

To be clear, there is no debate about the causes of climate change. The science behind it is observable, measurable, we can replicate and model it, and it's peer reviewed from a huge number of independent studies globally.

Information is widely available from a whole load of different sources. You can go and read about it.

Your willful lack of understanding, is not a strong argument in the context of a scientific discussion."

Ha ha, it doesn't cause ME confusion. It's perfectly clear that it's a lie. It's causing YOU confusion

Are you really studying the subject?

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Your willful lack of understanding, is not a strong argument in the context of a scientific discussion.

Ha ha, it doesn't cause ME confusion. It's perfectly clear that it's a lie. It's causing YOU confusion

Are you really studying the subject?"

I have a honours degree in it. Yes. So I do understand the subject matter, and I understand the scientific method. Thanks for asking.

Your entire argument is based on the fact that you don't understand the science. If it was me, I would take time to learn about the subject matter prior to forming a strong opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Climate change deniers, brexiteers, flat earthers, racists, homophobes, anti vaxxers, all the very same people. Good to identify the low IQ from general population

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Imagine being a 36 year old man calling an 18 year old girl a cunt. And wishing for people to be run over.

Yea calling her that is not nice but I do agree with the running over though

They are achieving nothing blocking roads they should be outside parliament "

It’s not even remotely funny, it’s a pathetic way to think.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

I have a honours degree in it. Yes. So I do understand the subject matter, and I understand the scientific method. Thanks for asking.

Your entire argument is based on the fact that you don't understand the science. If it was me, I would take time to learn about the subject matter prior to forming a strong opinion. "

And do you feel you understand how the 97/99% figure was calculated?

An open mind is always a good thing

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Climate change deniers, brexiteers, flat earthers, racists, homophobes, anti vaxxers, all the very same people. Good to identify the low IQ from general population "

What even is a denier? Why don't you use intellect.. do you have any?..to challenge people instead of abuse? Arrogance is a bad look...the people you insult can actually construct an argument, unlike you

Reply privately

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Your entire argument is based on the fact that you don't understand the science. If it was me, I would take time to learn about the subject matter prior to forming a strong opinion.

An open mind is always a good thing "

I have no opinion on the press reports about the percentage of scientists who understand climate change.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Climate change deniers, brexiteers, flat earthers, racists, homophobes, anti vaxxers, all the very same people. Good to identify the low IQ from general population

What even is a denier? Why don't you use intellect.. do you have any?..to challenge people instead of abuse? Arrogance is a bad look...the people you insult can actually construct an argument, unlike you"

m

Stupidity is a bad look. But for some, ignorance is bliss.

Reply privately

By *drianukMan
over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

"Climate change deniers, brexiteers, flat earthers, racists, homophobes, anti vaxxers, all the very same people. Good to identify the low IQ from general population

What even is a denier? Why don't you use intellect.. do you have any?..to challenge people instead of abuse? Arrogance is a bad look...the people you insult can actually construct an argument, unlike youm

Stupidity is a bad look. But for some, ignorance is bliss. "

A bit arrogant?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Arrogance is treating ill informed nonsense as fact. ?? . Climate change deniers need help. Maybe after school lessons in science would have helped.

Reply privately

over a year ago

An open mind is always a good thing

I have no opinion on the press reports about the percentage of scientists who understand climate change.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

"

Don’t feed a troll

Reply privately