Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How much do you bench bro

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Lifting heavy weights is bad for joints. You are only meant to stimulate the muscles when working out so before you go to gym the next time do consult with a doctor or end up with joint pain in the old age.

Thank me later

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Some of us have bigger fish to fry.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

"Lifting heavy weights is bad for joints. You are only meant to stimulate the muscles when working out so before you go to gym the next time do consult with a doctor or end up with joint pain in the old age.

Thank me later "

Do you work for the government or something? Random public information warning.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Lifting heavy weights is bad for joints. You are only meant to stimulate the muscles when working out so before you go to gym the next time do consult with a doctor or end up with joint pain in the old age.

Thank me later "

Muscular guys look incredible. I’m sure they won’t be paying attention to your ‘advice’ (aka a put-down disguised as advice)

over a year ago

North West

Thank me later

Muscular guys look incredible. I’m sure they won’t be paying attention to your ‘advice’ (aka a put-down disguised as advice)"

And women. Some of us bench "bro" too

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Thank me later "

Ok babe

X

over a year ago

Thank me later "

About 315lbs with an approximately 500lb squat and 500lb deadlift.

You’d never know it in person at the gym or in conversation tho, since I only cut weight and try maxing when I’ve got a show coming up. Everyone can respect progress and humble gains.

over a year ago

Well I can do 300 sit-ups with 30kg on my chest

over a year ago

Thank me later

Muscular guys look incredible. I’m sure they won’t be paying attention to your ‘advice’ (aka a put-down disguised as advice)

And women. Some of us bench "bro" too "

Of course, sorry bro!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Thank me later

Muscular guys look incredible. I’m sure they won’t be paying attention to your ‘advice’ (aka a put-down disguised as advice)"

its more of a humour thread

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Thank me later

You’d never know it in person at the gym or in conversation tho, since I only cut weight and try maxing when I’ve got a show coming up. Everyone can respect progress and humble gains. "

Holy shit, do you go to work with a large S on your chest or something?

over a year ago

Thank me later

You’d never know it in person at the gym or in conversation tho, since I only cut weight and try maxing when I’ve got a show coming up. Everyone can respect progress and humble gains.

Holy shit, do you go to work with a large S on your chest or something? "

Nah man. I’m a former athlete and military guy. I kept up my fitness when I quit all that. It’s a nice form of stress relief and helps your mental health.

over a year ago

North West

Thank me later

Nah man. I’m a former athlete and military guy. I kept up my fitness when I quit all that. It’s a nice form of stress relief and helps your mental health. "

Do you mind us asking how these figures compare to your BW? Not your specific weight but in percentage terms. Just interested as a complete amateur with special needs.

over a year ago

Thank me later

Nah man. I’m a former athlete and military guy. I kept up my fitness when I quit all that. It’s a nice form of stress relief and helps your mental health.

Do you mind us asking how these figures compare to your BW? Not your specific weight but in percentage terms. Just interested as a complete amateur with special needs. "

If I’m cutting, my weight is around 200 lbs. Without being in a show or having something to keep weight for, I sit around 220 lbs.

The weights I gave are well within reach for most people, ratio wise. It just takes constant effort in the gym and a goal. I strongly suggest avoiding steroids, however. There’s natural ways to increase your gains, and you don’t return from the dark side easily.

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Thank me later

Do you mind us asking how these figures compare to your BW? Not your specific weight but in percentage terms. Just interested as a complete amateur with special needs.

If I’m cutting, my weight is around 200 lbs. Without being in a show or having something to keep weight for, I sit around 220 lbs.

The weights I gave are well within reach for most people, ratio wise. It just takes constant effort in the gym and a goal. I strongly suggest avoiding steroids, however. There’s natural ways to increase your gains, and you don’t return from the dark side easily. "

I could go to the gym for the next 3 years and not lift those numbers

over a year ago

Thank me later "

This has been flagged as misinformation by FabBook.

"About 315lbs with an approximately 500lb squat and 500lb deadlift."

Mirin! My one rep max is 130kg for bench, and 155/195kg for squat and DL respectively.

over a year ago

Thank me later

The weights I gave are well within reach for most people, ratio wise. It just takes constant effort in the gym and a goal. I strongly suggest avoiding steroids, however. There’s natural ways to increase your gains, and you don’t return from the dark side easily.

I could go to the gym for the next 3 years and not lift those numbers "

Maybe but ya could eventually. I’ve seen people much smaller put up more weight, because they wanted it more.

By *oungJayyMan
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Hmm I mean he's not wrong

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

I can bench two to four pints.

over a year ago

Mmm I only used to bench 80, then I stopped.

Big mistake.

I have saggy chest now.

So now I either accept my saggy chest, or bench even more to grow my chest.

over a year ago

I wish I had a doctor to give me a once over before I bench press

Also, I’ll leave the heavy lifting to the apprentice…

over a year ago

But, Op....bro....

Do you even lift?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

80kg

over a year ago

Me, 200kg, used to do a bit of powerlifting. My club buddy was British champ and her best was 130. Both our joints are fine

over a year ago

Are girls not allowed to bench at all 'bro'?

over a year ago

Mine is 50 kg at the moment because I ripped a tendon and tore my right bicep but you put nothing about the dangers of that happening so come on doctor OP if your going to give advice please give complete advice on all the dangers of lifting weights . Especially the follow through on squats

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

Thank me later

Nah man. I’m a former athlete and military guy. I kept up my fitness when I quit all that. It’s a nice form of stress relief and helps your mental health. "

I do agree with the mental health part. Definitely does wonders for mine. All that exercise releasing endorphins is a good thing

over a year ago

North West

Thank me later

The weights I gave are well within reach for most people, ratio wise. It just takes constant effort in the gym and a goal. I strongly suggest avoiding steroids, however. There’s natural ways to increase your gains, and you don’t return from the dark side easily. "

I've never so much as tried a cigarette, let alone steroids. I don't do drugs....

I can't deadlift anything anymore, nor lift weights from the floor. I do bench press (incline mainly) and work on my shoulders a lot because I need them to be strong.

over a year ago

North West

"Are girls not allowed to bench at all 'bro'? "

Bro, I'm a girl and I bench

over a year ago

i wish i had the time (inclination to make the time) to do the gym

over a year ago

"Are girls not allowed to bench at all 'bro'?

Bro, I'm a girl and I bench "

High 5 to all the girl "bros" that bench!

over a year ago

"But, Op....bro....

Do you even lift? "

Dammit. I scrolled all the way down to see if someone beat me to it and this was right at the bottom.

But still, bro, do you even lift?

over a year ago

Bro, I'm a girl and I bench

High 5 to all the girl "bros" that bench! "

Yes! There are few things I find more sexy than a woman who lifts.

over a year ago

Top tip - Don’t forget leg day!

over a year ago

Lifting weight th at you can’t handle with bad form causes injuries.

Progressively going heavier with focus on form is what keeps you I just free, even with big numbers.

Lifting heavy is not bad for you or joints lifting more than you can handle with good form is

over a year ago

120kg 8 rep.

over a year ago

evesham

"Top tip - Don’t forget leg day!"

I look like I forgot every day but leg day my legs are deceptively shapely, or so I'm told

By *91kMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

First rule of the gym

over a year ago

"Top tip - Don’t forget leg day!

First rule of the gym "

Mr tree trunk legs

over a year ago

Depends how much she weighs to how much am lifting

over a year ago

"120kg 8 rep.

"

Mr tree trunk legs # 2

By *offee and KinksCouple
over a year ago

Notts/Derby

Personally I love a great bench press , at 50kg body weight I bench 50kg - not the heaviest but I think it keeps my muscles strong to support my joints

Vixen

over a year ago

"120kg 8 rep.

Mr tree trunk legs # 2 "

squats 230kg 5 rep. Really working on those trunks

over a year ago

"120kg 8 rep.

Mr tree trunk legs # 2

squats 230kg 5 rep. Really working on those trunks "

That’s like 4 Kylies right there impressive

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There are some lovely guys and muscles on fab and in this thread . I do my bit to show appreciation, including massaging them, to help their recovery.

over a year ago

North West

I never do leg day

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Bench 140x1

Squat 200x2

Deadlift 250x1

By *ilf and old fartCouple
over a year ago

Between Ely and Mildenhall

Thank me later "

Don't know, how heavy is a bag of chips ?

over a year ago

Not sure, there’s a pic of me on here lifting a huge piece of a tree trunk, it weighed in at just over 130kg but I picked it up from the floor and got it onto my shoulder and carried it 200m through the forest to my Land Rover.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Only 35kg but it's not really an area I focus on. Legs, back and glutes is my main focus right now . If you increase the weight gradually your ligaments get stronger too. It's going to hard to quick that's bad for your joints and something people need to be careful of after time out due to lockdown. As a woman though, weight lifting is great for helping prevent osteoporosis as I get older so my joints will thank me later .

over a year ago

Thank me later "

Nah I'm alright

over a year ago

"Not sure, there’s a pic of me on here lifting a huge piece of a tree trunk, it weighed in at just over 130kg but I picked it up from the floor and got it onto my shoulder and carried it 200m through the forest to my Land Rover.

"

Impressive Sir.

This is better training that pounding weights in the Gym. Back in the day it was called ‘real world strength’, now it’s called ‘functional strength’. Difference between a body builder and a power lifter really, more rugby training dirt if thing , so that all your muscles work together in random rather than individually

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

My BP is terrible. Like legitimately feeble

But I can squat and DL ok comparatively

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

My bench is probably the weakest of all my major lifts which is annoying but like anything, if you have the proper form, your joints will be fine

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I often like to sit on a bench with my double caramel latte (not skinny latte) and watch the world go by bro.

over a year ago

"Bench 140x1

Squat 200x2

Deadlift 250x1"

Probably the only dude on this thread being honest about his lifts

over a year ago

I bench about 20kg

over a year ago

Hmm bench has always been a bit lacking, when I was at 180lbs BW I could for 1RM do ;

Bench 264lbs

Squat 396lbs

Deadlift 484lbs

Have still got the deadlift video, pandemic has been a dick though, only starting to get back into lifting & i’m sitting at a fluffy 220lbs

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Thank me later "

If you lift responsibly, lifting heavy weights is good for bones, joints, muscles.

Inactivity is the biggest killer when it comes to joint pain.

over a year ago

evesham

Well if we're doing all our lifts...

Squat 135kg

Bench 80kg

Deadlift 125kg

Recently switched from sumo to conventional deadlift and they feel awesome. Confident I'll beat my 1rm this cycle. Was lifting 95kg for 7 on Friday. Only slight problem will be a 2 week cruise gap coming up

Been told to expect my lifts to suffer a bit as I lose weight but hoping consistent training will mean it won't be too bad.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Well if we're doing all our lifts...

Squat 135kg

Bench 80kg

Deadlift 125kg

Recently switched from sumo to conventional deadlift and they feel awesome. Confident I'll beat my 1rm this cycle. Was lifting 95kg for 7 on Friday. Only slight problem will be a 2 week cruise gap coming up

Been told to expect my lifts to suffer a bit as I lose weight but hoping consistent training will mean it won't be too bad. "

I’ll be honest

That’s strong as fuck.

Nice work

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Bench 140x1

Squat 200x2

Deadlift 250x1

Probably the only dude on this thread being honest about his lifts "

As I’ve always said. If you don’t have a video of it, it didn’t happen

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Bench 140x1

Squat 200x2

Deadlift 250x1

As I’ve always said. If you don’t have a video of it, it didn’t happen "

I have a video of my 120kg deadlift for 3 and 90kg squat for 4. I didn't do my my bench because I knew I'd look back with shame on it

over a year ago

evesham

Squat 135kg

Bench 80kg

Deadlift 125kg

Been told to expect my lifts to suffer a bit as I lose weight but hoping consistent training will mean it won't be too bad.

I’ll be honest

That’s strong as fuck.

Nice work "

Thanks

And I do take videos as well haha

over a year ago

Thank me later

This has been flagged as misinformation by FabBook.

Mirin! My one rep max is 130kg for bench, and 155/195kg for squat and DL respectively. "

Puts you in the 1000lb club

over a year ago

Bull shine!!

over a year ago

North West

"Bench 140x1

Squat 200x2

Deadlift 250x1

You have to take care with some reporting in kg and others in pounds.

I can't report because out of the Big Three, I can only do 2 of them nowadays I mainly work on the incline bench press now but I don't go for max single rep. I do reps at about 40kg on the incline.

By *91kMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

Squat 135kg

Bench 80kg

Deadlift 125kg

I’ll be honest

That’s strong as fuck.

Nice work "

How can you believe what one person says...

By *91kMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Bench 140x1

Squat 200x2

Deadlift 250x1

As I’ve always said. If you don’t have a video of it, it didn’t happen "

But then say that to someone else?

One or the other surely

over a year ago

Are we talking Park? Picnic? Garden? Work?

over a year ago

evesham

Squat 135kg

Bench 80kg

Deadlift 125kg

I’ll be honest

That’s strong as fuck.

Nice work

How can you believe what one person says..."

Are you saying I'm lying

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Squat 135kg

Bench 80kg

Deadlift 125kg

I’ll be honest

That’s strong as fuck.

Nice work

How can you believe what one person says..."

What’s the alternative? Call them out as a liar with no proof either way?

I’d prefer to just stay positive and enjoy the strong posts.

over a year ago

"Well I can do 300 sit-ups with 30kg on my chest "

I struggle to sit up once with the duvet on mine

over a year ago

I’m 300/205/360 all times bests.

But I don’t have vids so it’s all bullshit

By *91kMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

Squat 135kg

Bench 80kg

Deadlift 125kg

I’ll be honest

That’s strong as fuck.

Nice work

How can you believe what one person says...

Are you saying I'm lying "

Nope, it seems you both missed the point...

It's not about whether I believe anyone or not. I'm just pointing out that he believed you, but didn't seem to believe the other person. Nothing more

over a year ago

Bench 120kg x 5

Squat 120kg x 5

Deadlift 165 x 1

My squat is pathetic but I trained in the house for about a year with just a flat bench and some dumbbells before ever stepping foot in a gym so had a massive head start on bench.

over a year ago

"Bench 140x1

Squat 200x2

Deadlift 250x1

Why would i lie? My body speaks for its self.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I've been lifting for the best part of a decade and the only thing that's wrecked my joints was work...

LvM

over a year ago

100kg for 10

over a year ago

Well I’m just loving looking at all the muscles on the thread

By *pacelordmf80Man
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

Some needs to read the book of BRODIN

By *igmaMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Who’s gonna carry the boats…

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Who’s gonna carry the boats…"

You

over a year ago

North West

I recently put my prowler weight upto 100kg. That's a sled towed behind my wheelchair, conveyed only by shoulder power. I also have 12kg kettle bell on my footplate because it helps with tipping less. I do 1x there & back rep on the track, brief rest, then continue 6 times.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I can bencha. Full pack of chocolate hob nobs!! Weight lifting with a purpose!!

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Thank me later "

This is like the start of every bullshit story from ever old bloke that has mad tales about how they used to be a beast in the gym back in the day. Used to bench 200kg for reps but had to give it all up when they sprained a pinky while bicep curling a Morris Marina. They used to be best mates with Dorian Yates but he was jealous of their calf development. Bill Kazmaier begged them to never enter worlds strongest man. Etc etc

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

Bro, I'm a girl and I bench "

Way to go bro

Post new Message to Thread