Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How many messages before they give up

Jump to newest

By *ackandtheunicorn OP   Couple
over a year ago

liverpool

Normally we just ignore or block people who repeat message us that we're not interested. But we've had one guy send us a dozen messages in two days which seems very excessive.

What's the most unresponded to messages you've got from one person for those who don't block people they're not interested in ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I block if they message twice, otherwise like you say some would never stop messaging.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I only ever send one.

If they don't reply I don't send another.

Their loss

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

We always respond and tell them we aren't interested. Honesty is best we find.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I noticed 12 once. The last one said ‘too good for me are you’

over a year ago

Three strikes and they’re out for me, blocked so they don’t waste anymore of their time! I’m lead to believe they get a warning message when they keep messaging someone who hasn’t replied? Some very annoying and persistent people on here lol

over a year ago

I'm guessing it might be similar to the number of threads put up asking things like how many messages before you block someone kinda thing. I'm sure it's not your purpose but they do smack of 'look at me blocking all these folk' surely it's best just to do what suits you irrespective of what others might do. Unless of course you meet people based on their block numbers.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Last year there was a guy who sent me the same message asking for fun on cam. Every 3 days from April to mid November. Twice the message changed slightly but every other time is was the same.

I was concerned when the message changed that maybe he was stuck in the matrix and that was his way of trying to call for help.....

over a year ago

I stopped counting at 24,then messaged back with a bit for me and he started again. I deleted without reading so no idea how many he had added and blocked him this week. He must have been near the 40 mark.

By *implynaughty1Couple
over a year ago

stockport

Well we are so glad we dont have that problem as we block single men

over a year ago

Anyone have any theories? It's always amazed me why guys do this. Is it an attempt to wear a woman down into submission? Thoughts please. I'd be very interested to hear them.

over a year ago

"Anyone have any theories? It's always amazed me why guys do this. Is it an attempt to wear a woman down into submission? Thoughts please. I'd be very interested to hear them. "

I think it’s a sign of entitlement or simple ignorance/bordering on stupidity. Most of the messages I receive are clearly copy and pasted, so they just keep sending to everyone, in the hope that someone responds!

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We had 8 from a couple over a few weeks. We didn't block as it was entertaining

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

3 and we block.

over a year ago

In my experience they don't give up. They either keep sending the same message again and again or the messages become more crude and rude.

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Well we are so glad we dont have that problem as we block single men "

Funnily enough, I block single men too, so also don't have this problem

over a year ago

We have a guy that messages us the same thing every three weeks or so, we have told him on many occasions about opening messages but doesn't get the hint, we could block him but it's like his little check up on us every once in a while!

Danish x

over a year ago

I once had someone send 25 messages to me…

I had a lot of messages at the time but I scrolled down and counted each one, couldn’t believe it.

Swift block.

over a year ago

I usually block if it's 3 or more.

over a year ago

I had been on holiday so wasn’t on Fab everyday hence why his messages stacked up, I’d have blocked him after three!

over a year ago

I have a few who constantly message!! Like for real, i don’t understand how they don’t get the “message” that I’m not interested.

So not interested to the point that I can’t even be bothered to open the message and press block. They eventually get lost in other messages

over a year ago

"Three strikes and they’re out for me, blocked so they don’t waste anymore of their time! I’m lead to believe they get a warning message when they keep messaging someone who hasn’t replied? Some very annoying and persistent people on here lol"

I know you're only looking for local and a certain age and l can't PM ,which l 100% respect ...but Jeez..l just had to write somewhere to compliment you on your beauty .

over a year ago

"

What's the most unresponded to messages you've got from one person for those who don't block people they're not interested in ?"

On a serious note, just block, or if it’s not offensive and your carrying on the conversation, don’t worry about it. I’ve had loads of conversations with one word exchanges, I might have been wasting there time as much as they wasted mine, but either of us could just block.

over a year ago

The new inbox puts all their messages together so you just get their name and a number next to it, so no need for counting them up.

I don’t block just for messaging over and over. I may reply to ‘put them out of the misery’ though. I’m always nice about it though and say thank you.

over a year ago

I can't understand people who don't get the " you have already sent ( whoever ) a message and not received a reply back " that is printed as they go to send another message...it's ridiculous tbh...ya ya ya l know..l get the " they mightened have read or seen the first one and it could have got lost in the 1000"s they get everyday ..but please don't be a fucking pain in the ass to someone ..not everyone is everyone's type..much and all that we'd all like to think everyone on the site would love to fuck us ..they don't ..and there's a reason.. or reasons for it ..and not Getting a reply proves that

over a year ago

I'd feel like I'm pestering someone if I send more than one message with no response. It only puts you off people when they persistently message you. But at the same time, if you don't respond or block them, then they get sh**ty

over a year ago

"I can't understand people who don't get the " you have already sent ( whoever ) a message and not received a reply back " that is printed as they go to send another message...it's ridiculous tbh...ya ya ya l know..l get the " they mightened have read or seen the first one and it could have got lost in the 1000"s they get everyday ..but please don't be a fucking pain in the ass to someone ..not everyone is everyone's type..much and all that we'd all like to think everyone on the site would love to fuck us ..they don't ..and there's a reason.. or reasons for it ..and not Getting a reply proves that "

over a year ago

"Anyone have any theories? It's always amazed me why guys do this. Is it an attempt to wear a woman down into submission? Thoughts please. I'd be very interested to hear them. "

Sometimes it can be that they've had no replies at all. They finally crack and feel just so incredibly shit. Invisible, unseen, non existent.

It's not always malicious. They are human beings too. They have feelings. They may be decent men who just want a reply to feel 'seen'.

over a year ago

"Anyone have any theories? It's always amazed me why guys do this. Is it an attempt to wear a woman down into submission? Thoughts please. I'd be very interested to hear them.

Sometimes it can be that they've had no replies at all. They finally crack and feel just so incredibly shit. Invisible, unseen, non existent.

It's not always malicious. They are human beings too. They have feelings. They may be decent men who just want a reply to feel 'seen'. "

I absolutely fully agree with your point , absolutely , l was so much like that at the start and wondering " what the fuck is wrong that they don't reply " and it does play hell with your mental being and it's only getting " conditioned " by it happening that you get used to it but yes , not a cool thing to go through either.

over a year ago

I’ve just moved over from being on Twitter. I am used to not having replies

over a year ago

"Anyone have any theories? It's always amazed me why guys do this. Is it an attempt to wear a woman down into submission? Thoughts please. I'd be very interested to hear them.

It's not always malicious. They are human beings too. They have feelings. They may be decent men who just want a reply to feel 'seen'. "

Exactly. It must be soul destroying for many guys on here.

They may well realise that if they send a message when we’re offline, it may well be so far down the list on a page we never get to see by the time we log on again. Another message will bring them back into page one then.

over a year ago

It warns us that we have already messaged and not got a reply.

If that comes up I don't message again.

Very very occasionally if it's been at least a few months and the last message may have been bulk deleted, i may message again. After that never.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I got over 20 from someone once, all the same cut and paste message...apart from on some he'd remembered to change the greeting to my name, others it was different names

I'm certainly not going to put any effort in to respond to that kind of laziness...if he's using a message up sending it to me then that's one less unsuspecting person that he's going to send one to.

Post new Message to Thread