Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It is 2 months to christmas.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Are you also looking forward to it and have you started the countdown? The rest of europe has it on the 24th ho ho ho.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I'm happy for the people that get to celebrate or spend time with loved ones.

As for the rest of us... it's just another fucking day to make it to the end of, but one where we're made to feel somehow inferior or a failure for "not doing it right"

Adverts all over the telly shoving down our throats what we *should* be needing, buying, experiencing. Social media ramming it into our brains.

So the feelings of worthlessness are amplified. It's grand.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's like all forced and expected jollity, not for me

Halloween, Easter, Bonfire Night, Valentines etc all fall into the same bracket

over a year ago

Yey

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I will be working so not bothered

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Never been a fan, but I do like January when it's all over, that is my celebratory time to say I got thru the ott stuff.

over a year ago

"I'm happy for the people that get to celebrate or spend time with loved ones.

As for the rest of us... it's just another fucking day to make it to the end of, but one where we're made to feel somehow inferior or a failure for "not doing it right"

Adverts all over the telly shoving down our throats what we *should* be needing, buying, experiencing. Social media ramming it into our brains.

So the feelings of worthlessness are amplified. It's grand."

We should hold an alternative bollocks to Christmas party for singles...and only play either non Christmas songs or ones like fairy tale of New York...

over a year ago

Tell that to Coventry Council who put the Christmas lights up on September 17th

over a year ago

I love Christmas, but do feel slightly overwhelmed at the thought of it being so close.

*gets paper bag out*

over a year ago

This year I will be spending it on my own for the first time, which I'm actually looking forward to.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Fuck no, can't stand it. Ruins me birthday every year!!

over a year ago

"Are you also looking forward to it and have you started the countdown? The rest of europe has it on the 24th ho ho ho."

Unfortunately not no, between now and then I have to go to Norway and ski into an ice lake as part of cold weather survival training. ??

Luckily I’ll be back for Xmas!

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I've done about 80% if my Christmas shopping and wrapping so can relax now lol.

I have my daughter for Christmas day this year so that will be nice, but I'm afraid it may be a bit somber this year for my family

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I love Christmas but I’m hardly minted so the cost becomes more of an issue every year. In a couple of years all my kids will be adults so hopefully the presents bill will be less and we can just enjoy it as a great family occasion. Until the grandchildren come along of course!

over a year ago

xxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

This in every sense

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Are you also looking forward to it and have you started the countdown? The rest of europe has it on the 24th ho ho ho.

Unfortunately not no, between now and then I have to go to Norway and ski into an ice lake as part of cold weather survival training. ??

Luckily I’ll be back for Xmas! "

Bugger that one! Have you considered a career in IT? No frozen lakes!

over a year ago

I couldn't agree more.

over a year ago

"I love Christmas, but do feel slightly overwhelmed at the thought of it being so close.

*gets paper bag out*"

You're so lovely

over a year ago

"Fuck no, can't stand it. Ruins me birthday every year!!"

Jesus????

over a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czaSv8keMqI

over a year ago

A couple of days off work, what's not to like? No-one is forced to have a 'consumers Christmas', I hate all the hoopla but use it to see Family for a good catch up and then a long country walk on Boxing Day.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

https://youtu.be/od7GUy9XS7c

over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/od7GUy9XS7c"

My first C song of the year. I usually try to wait as long as possible but you win this year

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"https://youtu.be/od7GUy9XS7c

My first C song of the year. I usually try to wait as long as possible but you win this year "

It's my ringtone once Xmas music starts playing at work. Just need to work out how to put it on my new phone

over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/od7GUy9XS7c

My first C song of the year. I usually try to wait as long as possible but you win this year

It's my ringtone once Xmas music starts playing at work. Just need to work out how to put it on my new phone "

Can you buy it? I think once you do that you can trim it down or some shit

over a year ago

I am glad my kids are older now because there seems so much more pressure now with Christmas Eve boxes, elf on the shelf, seeing the best father Christmas etc.

I used to get quite anxious about Christmas, last year I managed to save up quite a bit with a website before covid hit and we had to stop payments, I was thankful I did it as the tail end of last year was dire, like lots of people moneywise so having that money saved helped us no end for presents for the kids.

I've started shopping already for them and have made a pacted with myself that I am not buying them everything I see to make their stockings look more, most of the stuff that has been purchased in the past is just toot and is forgotten about in a few days, so now I'm only getting things I know they will actually enjoy and if that means smaller stockings so be it, they have the other set of parents too so not like they miss out. Thankfully most of our five children that we have across both of our previous relationships are not money or present driven.

I'm not fussed if we can't find everything for dinner either this year, as long as I have the people I love around me that's all I care about and I know that is all they still care about.

Merry Christmas!

Danish x

over a year ago

Anyone see that advert a few years ago where the parents say the telly is broken, so this year they will have to sit round and talk to each other?

Then they said somat like 'Oooooonly joking!'

Did Santa really die on the cross just so we could get in debt for an Xbox?? I don't fucking think so!

over a year ago

I'm with you Peach xx

All the adverts reminding me that I have no family,that I have 1 true friend,that I'll be on my own,that my short Christmas card list is even shorter that it was last year,that I won't be getting any Christmas presents. Well,you did ask

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I'm with you Peach xx

All the adverts reminding me that I have no family,that I have 1 true friend,that I'll be on my own,that my short Christmas card list is even shorter that it was last year,that I won't be getting any Christmas presents. Well,you did ask "

People lost their shit last year coz Christmas was cancelled due to covid. Was the best one I've had in a decade coz I didn't have to work it and got to eat a roast dinner rather than a cheese toastie or leftovers from work!

over a year ago

"I'm with you Peach xx

All the adverts reminding me that I have no family,that I have 1 true friend,that I'll be on my own,that my short Christmas card list is even shorter that it was last year,that I won't be getting any Christmas presents. Well,you did ask "

Why not volunteer at Christmas CD ? Plenty of opportunities with homeless centres, etc and you'll usually get a free dinner with company.

over a year ago

"I'm with you Peach xx

Can you make it a "treat yourself" day instead of dreading it? I'm in a similar situation to you by the sounds of it but its just one day of the year. Don't put toomuch emphasis on what you don't have, but what you do have x

over a year ago

"Are you also looking forward to it and have you started the countdown? The rest of europe has it on the 24th ho ho ho.

Luckily I’ll be back for Xmas!

Bugger that one! Have you considered a career in IT? No frozen lakes! "

Peach, I’m a Storeman who manages stock rotation of medicine on our computers, my job is to give the marine medics the kit they need. Why I should be anywhere near an ice lake as part of my daily work routine is a mystery to me

over a year ago

I enjoy the time off but not the consumerism of it also I have no family left so Christmas is not great.

over a year ago

I love it. I Can't wait. Being a very family orientated person I enjoy every Christmas. The music, the colours, the food. The gift exchanges.

My heart goes out to those who don't have much, or any family to be around Christmas. As a nurse I go that extra mile, and I usually volunteer to work Christmas day so those on who mother's/fathers who are on rota for work can go be with their children, and I can spend more time with patients at their homes during Christmas when they don't have anyone with them.

I honestly can't see myself ever being bitter about Christmas.

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Keep Christmas in December , personally I don't give a flying fig about it except I get a fortnight off work so I can get my teeth into bigger projects on the house

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Fuck no, can't stand it. Ruins me birthday every year!!

Jesus????"

Tell me about, my partner can't find anything that's not 3 times dearer, than normal, added to the fact that Xmas has a habit of skintifying people.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Fuck no, can't stand it. Ruins me birthday every year!!"

I know what you mean.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Yea can't wait. Love how everything looks at Christmas with the lights, the smells, the food. Definitely my favourite time of the year.

over a year ago

"Yea can't wait. Love how everything looks at Christmas with the lights, the smells, the food. Definitely my favourite time of the year. "

Preach

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I love it. I Can't wait. Being a very family orientated person...

"

I'm the same. Even if I was on my own at Christmas I'd still be doing the same, cooking myself a dinner, Christmas music playing.

By *rhugesMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Love Christmas

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

I'm pretty indifferent about it.I don't hate it but I don't really celebrate it either.

Mike

over a year ago

"I enjoy the time off but not the consumerism of it also I have no family left so Christmas is not great."

Big goth man hug

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Is it appropriate to put a Christmas tree up now? Asking for a friend

K

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"I love it. I Can't wait. Being a very family orientated person I enjoy every Christmas. The music, the colours, the food. The gift exchanges.

My heart goes out to those who don't have much, or any family to be around Christmas. As a nurse I go that extra mile, and I usually volunteer to work Christmas day so those on who mother's/fathers who are on rota for work can go be with their children, and I can spend more time with patients at their homes during Christmas when they don't have anyone with them.

"

I think I just fell in love!

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Usually I love it, but this year I will be alone at Yuletide. I’m torn between seeing if I can go away or embracing it and spoiling myself on the day. Though writing this, I’m now thinking about volunteering on Christmas day.

over a year ago

"Is it appropriate to put a Christmas tree up now? Asking for a friend

K"

I think the answer will be one of two things on this thread, either yes or yes if you stick it up your.......

over a year ago

"Usually I love it, but this year I will be alone at Yuletide. I’m torn between seeing if I can go away or embracing it and spoiling myself on the day. Though writing this, I’m now thinking about volunteering on Christmas day. "

You're a great guy

over a year ago

"I enjoy the time off but not the consumerism of it also I have no family left so Christmas is not great.

Big goth man hug "

Cheers bro if we can travel freely I might go abroad somewhere

over a year ago

"Usually I love it, but this year I will be alone at Yuletide. I’m torn between seeing if I can go away or embracing it and spoiling myself on the day. Though writing this, I’m now thinking about volunteering on Christmas day. "

Let's book a road trip

over a year ago

"I enjoy the time off but not the consumerism of it also I have no family left so Christmas is not great.

Big goth man hug

Cheers bro if we can travel freely I might go abroad somewhere "

Great idea. where would you go?

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Usually I love it, but this year I will be alone at Yuletide. I’m torn between seeing if I can go away or embracing it and spoiling myself on the day. Though writing this, I’m now thinking about volunteering on Christmas day.

Let's book a road trip "

Haha, where you thinking?

I quite like the idea of helping out at Christmas. I might check out the Crisis website.

over a year ago

Big goth man hug

Great idea. where would you go?"

Wherever hasn't got restrictions

over a year ago

"Usually I love it, but this year I will be alone at Yuletide. I’m torn between seeing if I can go away or embracing it and spoiling myself on the day. Though writing this, I’m now thinking about volunteering on Christmas day.

Let's book a road trip

Haha, where you thinking?

I quite like the idea of helping out at Christmas. I might check out the Crisis website. "

Have done this in London and loved it. Usually there are smaller local charities as well.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Well I work in a retail and our Christmas department opened up 3 weeks ago. People are loving it, £5k on opening day!

Unfortunately for me it always means that I'm over Christmas really early but I do love the day itself. It's always just our family unit, maybe the mother in law.

The kids are older now so the pressure is off presents wise, they'd all be happy with an envelope with money in!

over a year ago

Love Christmas.

over a year ago

Big goth man hug

Wherever hasn't got restrictions "

Amsterdam! Go get off your tits

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes

over a year ago

Big goth man hug

Wherever hasn't got restrictions

Amsterdam! Go get off your tits"

I went 3 years ago just before Christmas stayed in utrecht loved it

over a year ago

I've just bought my Christmas tree. I'm not a big fan of Christmas but I do like twinkly lights

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/10/21 13:08:52]

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Yes, it is fun too, although we will just have a low key one with a bit of a celebration, with food and drink and watching christmas movies

over a year ago

I love Christmas! Time with my favourite people is precious. And we have a Wedding to discuss this Christmas so that makes it super exciting

over a year ago

I've just bought some Christmasy bowls and glasses for my mince pie and Baileys consumption. I have a very tacky tree full of vintage ornaments and knitted tat. My windows are decorated with holy, pine cones and Robins so it's more pagan. I don't celebrate Christmas but I keep up these traditions as so many British ones are dying out. Kids don't do penny for the guy anymore, no maypole dancing and if you mention St George's day it's like you've pledged your allegiance to the EDL

Also I look saucy as a elf and have a Santa fetish ;-p

over a year ago

Christmas is a nice time of the year but I feel for the ones who feel under pressure by it and get themselves in a shit load of debt so that their kids don't go with out.

You can't beat snowfall on Christmas day eh

I'm more a pagen I think tho

over a year ago

Im looking forward to it but only because I am doing it a bit differently this year and going away to a beach. I will do presents but will probably just eat pizza and walk on beaches. Kids are quite happy to do that with me too.

over a year ago

"Im looking forward to it but only because I am doing it a bit differently this year and going away to a beach. I will do presents but will probably just eat pizza and walk on beaches. Kids are quite happy to do that with me too. "
we did that two years ago. It was brilliant.

I didn't buy anyone any gifts.

over a year ago

There is no right or wrong, it's what you want it to be that counts.

I'm not into the whole commercial side of it or feel the need to do what others do.

I'm thinking about an Indian at my mothers this year and she is happy with that too. We always have a laugh putting the world to rights like were some sort of angels

over a year ago

"Im looking forward to it but only because I am doing it a bit differently this year and going away to a beach. I will do presents but will probably just eat pizza and walk on beaches. Kids are quite happy to do that with me too. we did that two years ago. It was brilliant.

I didn't buy anyone any gifts. "

I keep telling them there wont be much room in the car for gifts so dont expect much. Its nice to just forget the faff isnt it.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I always look forward to Christmas... I do it big time

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"This year I will be spending it on my own for the first time, which I'm actually looking forward to. "
That is also good to do

over a year ago

"Im looking forward to it but only because I am doing it a bit differently this year and going away to a beach. I will do presents but will probably just eat pizza and walk on beaches. Kids are quite happy to do that with me too. we did that two years ago. It was brilliant.

I didn't buy anyone any gifts.

I keep telling them there wont be much room in the car for gifts so dont expect much. Its nice to just forget the faff isnt it. "

It really was. We swam with dolphins on Xmas eve. It was so much fun

over a year ago

Used to be my Mums birthday on Christmas day, since she passed 3 years ago Christmas has never been the same

She would of been 90 this year

So my sister and l decided to book to go to Gran Canaria for Christmas and New Year this year

We booked half board in PDI going with Tui

Had an email last week they are no longer using the hotel we booked and have upgraded us to a 24hr All Inclusive 4star plus hotel close by

So yes l am looking forward to the festive season

over a year ago

Wow the year has flown

over a year ago

I'll be at work. Probably dealing with people who won't see family because the family don't want the hassle of sick/dying relatives on Christmas day

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

It is now 2 month left to christmas for great britain

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Good ones everyone, my christmas countdown starts when it is 3 months left. I then just start to think about christmas and what kind of things I want to do, eat and watch for movies, as the time get closer. I do more planning, it is fun

Post new Message to Thread