Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Chubby little thing

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparantly a radio reporter called a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing a 'chubbly little thing'

Justified or not ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Shouldn’t call anyone little.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ouch! That’s out of order, in my view. I don’t watch the programme though.

over a year ago

How can it be justified?

By *airyfatmanMan
over a year ago

by 'ere

Knowing who the contestants father is that was a big mistake....

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I thought this was going to be a personal attack against me...

LvM

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Apparantly a radio reporter called a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing a 'chubbly little thing'

Justified or not ?"

You mean the adonis that is Steve Allen?

She handled it well.

over a year ago

evesham

"Knowing who the contestants father is that was a big mistake.... "

She is a grown woman. She can handle herself.

over a year ago

Apparently according to a newspaper that obviously is always true, her father is now being called out over his past remarks.

It's never ok to call anyone anything, I mean we've probably all said a slight remark about people behind closed doors but should never publicly be shamed. Even though I am a massive fan of her dad, his behaviour shouldn't be condoned either.

Danish x

By *airyfatmanMan
over a year ago

by 'ere

"Knowing who the contestants father is that was a big mistake....

She is a grown woman. She can handle herself. "

Wasn't saying she can't, but he's not exactly renowned for keeping his cool, is he??

By *anae21Woman
over a year ago

Nearer than you think

Her response was calm, articulate and unequivocal.

over a year ago

Over 10,000 complaints to have him cancelled.

No one’s weight should matter in any judgement of their abilities. Uncalled for totally.

over a year ago

Just unnecessarily.

over a year ago

evesham

"Knowing who the contestants father is that was a big mistake....

She is a grown woman. She can handle herself.

Wasn't saying she can't, but he's not exactly renowned for keeping his cool, is he?? "

Let's hope he keeps out of it and let's her fight her own battles.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Who was it? Who’s her father? I don’t watch it

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm sure many people will have had similar thoughts about those on TV and said them in the privacy of their own home. Not all, but I'm sure some who even say they don't will have at times.

Regardless of that, to say it in a way that it was said quite clearly intended to be heard is uncalled for. Sure the wording of it is on the tame side but the intent and meaning behind it was the same regardless of wording used.

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

"Who was it? Who’s her father? I don’t watch it "

I’m guessing Tilly Ramsey, daughter of Gordon.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Who was it? Who’s her father? I don’t watch it

I’m guessing Tilly Ramsey, daughter of Gordon."

Ah ok cheers

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Her response was calm, articulate and unequivocal.

"

I think this is the far more important part, she handled it well.

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

"Who was it? Who’s her father? I don’t watch it "

Gordon Ramsey. Not an enemy that I'd want.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Apparently according to a newspaper that obviously is always true, her father is now being called out over his past remarks.

It's never ok to call anyone anything, I mean we've probably all said a slight remark about people behind closed doors but should never publicly be shamed. Even though I am a massive fan of her dad, his behaviour shouldn't be condoned either.

Danish x"

Tilly is not responsible for her father's past transgressions and so any negative comments towards her cannot be justified by saying "but Gordon Ramsay said this rude thing....."

By *mnipotent_BehemothMan
over a year ago

near Merry Hill shopping centre

Term of private endearment between two friends as banta when they know each other and what’s acceptable maybe, from an outsider in public in 2021 not!

May watch strictly now though as she sounds like the kind of girl I like

over a year ago

"Apparently according to a newspaper that obviously is always true, her father is now being called out over his past remarks.

Danish x

Tilly is not responsible for her father's past transgressions and so any negative comments towards her cannot be justified by saying "but Gordon Ramsay said this rude thing.....""

Sorry if this came across that I was implying the above, never my intention. What I was trying to say (badly) is that she called this bloke out, in a manner that was very well put for a girl of such a young age, I would hate for her father's pasted comments to be dragged up, because as you say, what her father has said in the past shouldn't reflect Tilly.

I think she is a wonderful role model.

Danish x

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

If she is small and chubby I don't see the problem but if it did offend they should apologise

But saying that we need to be adults and not be offended of her or on her behalf.

Let the people involved take responsibility for their and their actions.

over a year ago

"Gordon Ramsey. Not an enemy that I'd want."

He's got a lot of knives

over a year ago

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 23/10/21 21:30:11]

over a year ago

Cumbria

"Over 10,000 complaints to have him cancelled.

No one’s weight should matter in any judgement of their abilities. Uncalled for totally. "

If this is true it's disgusting people should not be offended for anybody else yes if offence has been taken they should apologise not made to apologise that should be the end of it..

over a year ago

North West

Danish x

Tilly is not responsible for her father's past transgressions and so any negative comments towards her cannot be justified by saying "but Gordon Ramsay said this rude thing....."

Sorry if this came across that I was implying the above, never my intention. What I was trying to say (badly) is that she called this bloke out, in a manner that was very well put for a girl of such a young age, I would hate for her father's pasted comments to be dragged up, because as you say, what her father has said in the past shouldn't reflect Tilly.

I think she is a wonderful role model.

Danish x"

Thank you for clarifying and I agree with you.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

She might win with the public vote and her ability..

Tom does not watch the show but is there anything wrong with being called a chubster if you are carrying a few pound? Why do we pretend that everyone is slim ...

over a year ago

North West

"If she is small and chubby I don't see the problem but if it did offend they should apologise

But saying that we need to be adults and not be offended of her or on her behalf.

Let the people involved take responsibility for their and their actions."

Why should her weight and height be of any relevance and why should a middle aged man feel any need to discuss it on the radio?

She's proving to be a good dancer, that's what is being judged on the programme. It's not Miss World.

over a year ago

A thread all of my own

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"She might win with the public vote and her ability..

Tom does not watch the show but is there anything wrong with being called a chubster if you are carrying a few pound? Why do we pretend that everyone is slim ..."

She we focus on everyone's body part that isn't seen as beautiful, or normal?

What if you had a big nose? Would it be ok to call you the one with the huge conk?

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Can you say athletic big person? You cannot ban observation. Well you can but it has to be across the board. Too many of our kids are too fat. It isn’t good for them.

I’m fat because I like eating things. I like sex with chubby people. Sexy.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Tom does not watch the show but is there anything wrong with being called a chubster if you are carrying a few pound? Why do we pretend that everyone is slim ..."

Yep. That's exactly what happens. We pretend everyone is slim

over a year ago

I don't think anyone is going round thinking like that, I'm certainly nowhere near even "ample" I am way more than that and I know it. But that doesn't mean I would like anyone to call me fat to my face (apart from my residents at work but that's a different conversation) but in today's world with body confidence issues being an all time high, there is a time and a place to comment on such things, this guy doesn't know if Tilly (or anyone) has ever had issues with their weight in the past and saying such comments might be damaging, especially to a young girl.

Danish x

over a year ago

Cumbria

"If she is small and chubby I don't see the problem but if it did offend they should apologise

Why should her weight and height be of any relevance and why should a middle aged man feel any need to discuss it on the radio?

She's proving to be a good dancer, that's what is being judged on the programme. It's not Miss World."

He there to commentary is this not commentating bet she get lots more votes now as well..

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Why do people need to mention anyone's physical appearance when talking about their ability?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

She's proving to be a good dancer, that's what is being judged on the programme. It's not Miss World."

If you watch the programme then surely you can see for yourself..a radio commentator is there to describe what is happening...

If she is chubby and he called her chubby then surely it's a way to enlighten his listeners..

over a year ago

North West

She's proving to be a good dancer, that's what is being judged on the programme. It's not Miss World.

He there to commentary is this not commentating bet she get lots more votes now as well.. "

The bloke who commented was some radio presenter. Nothing to do with judging the dancing she is doing.

This is a 19yo lady who is studying FT at university, whilst learning a new ballroom or Latin dance each week and doing it to a very high level. She should be commended as a shining example, not torn to shreds for what she looks like!

over a year ago

"Why do people need to mention anyone's physical appearance when talking about their ability?

"

I think she dances really well and that is what we should be looking at.

Danish x

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

He there to commentary is this not commentating bet she get lots more votes now as well..

The bloke who commented was some radio presenter. Nothing to do with judging the dancing she is doing.

This is a 19yo lady who is studying FT at university, whilst learning a new ballroom or Latin dance each week and doing it to a very high level. She should be commended as a shining example, not torn to shreds for what she looks like! "

So if you view the discription of someone as chubby and see it as an insult are you part of the problem...

over a year ago

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 23/10/21 21:47:52]

over a year ago

If you watch the programme then surely you can see for yourself..a radio commentator is there to describe what is happening...

If she is chubby and he called her chubby then surely it's a way to enlighten his listeners.."

To my knowledge he wasn't giving commentary though was he? It's not like he was doing Eurovision and giving a blow by blow description! Even then her size, height or whatever shouldn't come into it.

Danish x

over a year ago

Cumbria

Tom does not watch the show but is there anything wrong with being called a chubster if you are carrying a few pound? Why do we pretend that everyone is slim ...

What if you had a big nose? Would it be ok to call you the one with the huge conk?"

She carries the weight very well and personally I would say she is beautiful more beautiful than a lot of very skinny people..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I like a chubster.. why are people treating it as an insult..

We are all different shapes..

over a year ago

North West

This is a 19yo lady who is studying FT at university, whilst learning a new ballroom or Latin dance each week and doing it to a very high level. She should be commended as a shining example, not torn to shreds for what she looks like!

So if you view the discription of someone as chubby and see it as an insult are you part of the problem... "

If you think it's okay to make unsolicited comments about the weight and height of a contestant on an amateur dance programme, you are the problem. Add into the mix that we are discussing a very young adult - she should not expect to have her physical appearance dissected by middle aged men.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

What if you had a big nose? Would it be ok to call you the one with the huge conk?

She carries the weight very well and personally I would say she is beautiful more beautiful than a lot of very skinny people..

"

So what's wrong with skinny women...?

By *ustdaveHantsMan
over a year ago

chippenham

He is a very horrible cretin when I used to listen to LBC he used to make me cringe.

Its not only tilly he's verbally abused either.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So if you view the discription of someone as chubby and see it as an insult are you part of the problem...

If you think it's okay to make unsolicited comments about the weight and height of a contestant on an amateur dance programme, you are the problem. Add into the mix that we are discussing a very young adult - she should not expect to have her physical appearance dissected by middle aged men."

Well that's ageism for a start...

Think before you post..

over a year ago

Cumbria

So what's wrong with skinny women...?"

Lol your a bad person...

over a year ago

North West

If you think it's okay to make unsolicited comments about the weight and height of a contestant on an amateur dance programme, you are the problem. Add into the mix that we are discussing a very young adult - she should not expect to have her physical appearance dissected by middle aged men.

Well that's ageism for a start...

Think before you post.."

Is it? I wouldn't expect middle aged women to shred 19yo men on their appearance either. The age of the radio host is a fact - 67.

By *apxxxWoman
over a year ago

North Shropshire not Wales!!!ffs & Manchester

Tilly Ramsay found it offensive so its offensive!!

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

He's got previous, Victoria Beckham, Gemma Collins, Jordan and even blind people have all been made fun of by him. He's a bitter man.

You only have to look at the amount of celebs that have come out in the last few years now that mental health is being more accepted, to reveal body shaming has made their lives hell.

Nobody should have to face being body shaming like this.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Hes no

Oil

Painting

Himself

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Well she's 5ft 10 and 128 lbs so if she's a chubster then most of the UK is I imagine

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"He's got previous, Victoria Beckham, Gemma Collins, Jordan and even blind people have all been made fun of by him. He's a bitter man.

You only have to look at the amount of celebs that have come out in the last few years now that mental health is being more accepted, to reveal body shaming has made their lives hell.

Nobody should have to face being body shaming like this. "

None. But why not become an electrician rather than a public celebrity?

By *arol321Woman
over a year ago

Poole

Yep. That's exactly what happens. We pretend everyone is slim "

If she was slim then she’d probably have been called ‘a skinny little thing.’

Still wrong as the whole contest is about dancing not body shape/size.

We are all more than our physical appearance.

over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 24/10/21 08:17:41]

over a year ago

If the 67 year old had an issue with Tilly's Father. Why didn't he take it up with him.

Obvs ate at the Ritz and didn't enjoy his food (assuming the reason of course)

Why would an overweight 67 year old, have a comment to make about a chubby 19 year old?

Maybe he can't reason with his age difference sexy thoughts about her ..(probably the most pleasant way I could put it)

over a year ago

evesham

He's a shock jock, Bully boy who probably thrives on this sort of attention.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Apparantly a radio reporter called a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing a 'chubbly little thing'

Justified or not ?"

Not..

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Might be time for this dinosaur to retire. What a sad effort, 40 years of broadcasting experience and that’s the best he can come up with?

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"If the 67 year old had an issue with Tilly's Father. Why didn't he take it up with him.

Why would an overweight 67 year old, have a comment to make about a chubby 19 year old?

Maybe he can't reason with his age difference sexy thoughts about her ..(probably the most pleasant way I could put it)

"

I'm pretty sure he's gay, so just a bitter man that feels the need to put women down.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

He wanted some attention and has to shock to get it. Sad little man imo.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Justified or not ?"

Why would you suggest that it might be justified?

In my book, she’s not chubby, she’s not little and she’s not a thing. And an old fart like Allen is just trying to create controversy snd attention for himself.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"If the 67 year old had an issue with Tilly's Father. Why didn't he take it up with him.

I'm pretty sure he's gay, so just a bitter man that feels the need to put women down."

Really? Is that what gay men do? Go around putting women down because they are bitter? Care to clarify?

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I'm pretty sure he's gay, so just a bitter man that feels the need to put women down.

Really? Is that what gay men do? Go around putting women down because they are bitter? Care to clarify? "

No, but if he is gay it's not because he's harbouring sexual attraction to a woman is it??? Calm your horses hun

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"He is a very horrible cretin when I used to listen to LBC he used to make me cringe.

Its not only tilly he's verbally abused either. "

“When I used the listen to lbc” ... well, there’s your first mistake.

over a year ago

If they're chubby and little then they're chubby and little. Not sure why people would get pissy over being described as they are.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

So what's wrong with skinny women...?"

Interesting question. Often wondered why it was ok for Megan traynor, in her equality Opus “all about the base” to refer to skim women as “skinny bitches”.

over a year ago

I'm pretty sure he's gay, so just a bitter man that feels the need to put women down."

Oh hahaha is he really!!!

Damn thought I was making a valid contribution (for a change)...

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Oh hahaha is he really!!!

Damn thought I was making a valid contribution (for a change)..."

Your contributions are always valid

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"If they're chubby and little then they're chubby and little. Not sure why people would get pissy over being described as they are. "

Well she is 5 foot 10 for starters, which is not exactly little. And make your own mind up but in my book she is far from chubby.

over a year ago

"If they're chubby and little then they're chubby and little. Not sure why people would get pissy over being described as they are. "

Does it need to be so public though on a talk show or television - he obviously knows nothing about dancing and everything about his weight struggle?? - notice it's a question

over a year ago

"How can it be justified? "

It cant. Wrong in so many ways. Gordon will have his head on a plate

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"If they're chubby and little then they're chubby and little. Not sure why people would get pissy over being described as they are.

Well she is 5 foot 10 for starters, which is not exactly little. And make your own mind up but in my book she is far from chubby. "

Well according to available weight statistics her BMI is in the underweight category. I was curious so had a gander

over a year ago

I resemble that remark

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"How can it be justified?

It cant. Wrong in so many ways. Gordon will have his head on a plate "

Served with parsley and a red wine jus

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"How can it be justified?

It cant. Wrong in so many ways. Gordon will have his head on a plate "

They doesn’t really fit Gordon’s typical style of threat. Far more likely to be his bollocks

over a year ago

evesham

You really don't get the difference in someone saying they themselves are chubby and some random guy using the term in a disparaging way to put her down? His whole comment was based on the fact he doesn't like her. He weaponised his words on purpose. He knew what he was doing. He's done it before.

Maybe he just doesn't like fat people (he has come for men as well as women previously) which is his prerogative of course but we all have things we don't like, it's just most of us possess the tact to be able to express that without dragging people down.

He is abhorrent.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"If they're chubby and little then they're chubby and little. Not sure why people would get pissy over being described as they are.

You really don't get the difference in someone saying they themselves are chubby and some random guy using the term in a disparaging way to put her down? His whole comment was based on the fact he doesn't like her. He weaponised his words on purpose. He knew what he was doing. He's done it before.

Maybe he just doesn't like fat people (he has come for men as well as women previously) which is his prerogative of course but we all have things we don't like, it's just most of us possess the tact to be able to express that without dragging people down.

He is abhorrent. "

It’s pretty sad they this is the level of his output after more than 40 years on air.

No wonder he is on the graveyard shift. I’m surprised anyone even heard the comment.

By *apxxxWoman
over a year ago

North Shropshire not Wales!!!ffs & Manchester

He is abhorrent. "

Absolutely..

By *areToShareCouple
over a year ago

Bingham

Offence; always taken, yet never given.

over a year ago

evesham

"Offence; always taken, yet never given. "

False.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

How can you justify a 67yr old man calling a teenager chubby?

over a year ago

evesham

"Offence; always taken, yet never given.

False. "

This is just a thing said by people who find it too easy to forgive people who knowingly say things that are offensive.

You 100% can intend to say something offensive then all too easily say 'oh, I didn't mean anything by it, don't be offended' then try to make the other person seem too sensitive and almost make yourself the victim.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

He is abhorrent. "

Evie will be surprised that I agree with her totally .

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Just realised he has a daily podcast called “a little bit extra” ...

By *areToShareCouple
over a year ago

Bingham

False.

This is just a thing said by people who find it too easy to forgive people who knowingly say things that are offensive.

You 100% can intend to say something offensive then all too easily say 'oh, I didn't mean anything by it, don't be offended' then try to make the other person seem too sensitive and almost make yourself the victim. "

It's a conscious decision you make to be offended by something. Therefore, if you choose not to be offended , then no offence has been made towards you.

If for example ..somebody called me a lazy, fat prick...I'd have a choice to be offended wouldn't I? Would it offend me..no! They're just the words and opinion of someone who means nothing to me or my life...so why should I be offended by them? it doesn't make any logical sense to be.

The people who matter in your life wouldn't say anything to give you a choice whether to be offended or not would they?

People should stop choosing to be offended by things and people that have no relevance to their lives and accept that we don't live in a utopian society and never will.

Focus on what's important and not what's not.

Too many people seem to choose to be offended nowadays so they can justify their own insecurities and implement a 'woe is me' mentality, rather than have strength of character and refuse to be belittled by people that have no greater standing as a human being than themselves.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

False.

You 100% can intend to say something offensive then all too easily say 'oh, I didn't mean anything by it, don't be offended' then try to make the other person seem too sensitive and almost make yourself the victim.

It's a conscious decision you make to be offended by something. Therefore, if you choose not to be offended , then no offence has been made towards you.

If for example ..somebody called me a lazy, fat prick...I'd have a choice to be offended wouldn't I? Would it offend me..no! They're just the words and opinion of someone who means nothing to me or my life...so why should I be offended by them? it doesn't make any logical sense to be.

The people who matter in your life wouldn't say anything to give you a choice whether to be offended or not would they?

People should stop choosing to be offended by things and people that have no relevance to their lives and accept that we don't live in a utopian society and never will.

Too many people seem to choose to be offended nowadays so they can justify their own insecurities and implement a 'woe is me' mentality, rather than have strength of character and refuse to be belittled by people that have no greater standing as a human being than themselves.

"

A very good post. People never seem to be just offended these days. They always seem to be extremely offended. Very little offends me and I am rarely offended on behalf of others .. sticks and stones and all that ..

over a year ago

evesham

False.

"

So you are saying all of the fault lies with the person that the comment has been made about? People can go about saying horrible things about others and not be called out for it?

Ridiculous.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I’ve been teased about being fat for years. Now I just punch them.

over a year ago

evesham

Also. The act of saying 'this is not an acceptable thing to say' is not the same as being offended. Too many jump to that accusation too easily.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

False.

"

Slight difference though, having these insults announced on the radio. Has a broadcaster referred to you as a fat lazy prick on live radio? If not, then it’s not really the same thing.

To me, it’s just a sad standard for a veteran broadcaster, trying to make himself appear edgy. Pathetic

By *edheadjMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

"He's got previous, Victoria Beckham, Gemma Collins, Jordan and even blind people have all been made fun of by him. He's a bitter man.

Nobody should have to face being body shaming like this.

None. But why not become an electrician rather than a public celebrity?"

Or... why not be someone who doesn't need to be a prick who body shames people and celebs instead?

By *aekaeWoman
over a year ago

Between a cock and a soft place

"Who was it? Who’s her father? I don’t watch it

Gordon Ramsey. Not an enemy that I'd want."

Are you confusing Gordon Ramsey with Don Corleone?

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Justified or not ?"

Not the brightest thing to say, I don't think it's a sackable offence but I'm glad that body shaming is now taken seriously.

On another note, Gordon Ramsey has on several televised occasions belittled or insulted contestants on his programme for being overweight.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Justified or not ?

Not the brightest thing to say, I don't think it's a sackable offence but I'm glad that body shaming is now taken seriously.

On another note, Gordon Ramsey has on several televised occasions belittled or insulted contestants on his programme for being overweight."

Two wrongs don't make a right

over a year ago

Remarks on people’s weight, especially those made under the guise of banter or feigning innocence are not needed! She handled it so well and I hope that the DJ felt incredibly small and will think twice in future after her comeback to him.

This is a young woman who is taking a part in a show based on her own merits, not those of her father. None of us can be held responsible for comments made by parents, siblings, friends etc.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Justified or not ?

On another note, Gordon Ramsey has on several televised occasions belittled or insulted contestants on his programme for being overweight."

Slight difference in that he said it to their faces.

Still not good, but nowhere near as bad as a broadcaster taking pot shots at a teenager on his radio programme

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

The best solution might be to put Steve Allen on strictly next weekend to show us how ripped he is and show us what a good dancer he is. And bring Gordon in as a guest judge for the night to give him some frank feedback. I’d tune in for that.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Steve Allen is a misogynist who is always picking on women for their weight. Even though he had his own weight issues and is diabetic.

By *areToShareCouple
over a year ago

Bingham

False.

So you are saying all of the fault lies with the person that the comment has been made about? People can go about saying horrible things about others and not be called out for it?

Ridiculous. "

Fault?..there's no fault mentioned.

If you choose to be offended, it's not a fault, unless you see it as such. I see it as a personal choice to allow yourself to be upset by what other people say about you. Nothing wrong with that if that's your bag..but it's not for me. I'm happier knowing other people don't affect my life unless I allow them too.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Justified or not ?

On another note, Gordon Ramsey has on several televised occasions belittled or insulted contestants on his programme for being overweight.

Slight difference in that he said it to their faces.

Still not good, but nowhere near as bad as a broadcaster taking pot shots at a teenager on his radio programme "

Keep in mind those TV shows are made for entertainment, while that is his personality, the people on those shows know full well the things he can and will come out with. They have signed contracts, consent, and other legality forms to appear on the show with the very likely event that he will insult them, part of it for the sake of TV ratings.

over a year ago

Steve Allen is a complete bell end, and although I think what he said was cruel and contemptuous, I’d fight for his right to be able to say it any day of the week.

Since when did it become a human right to not be offended?! Especially if you decide to go on TV and put yourself in view of millions of people.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Remarks on people’s weight, especially those made under the guise of banter or feigning innocence are not needed! She handled it so well and I hope that the DJ felt incredibly small and will think twice in future after her comeback to him.

This is a young woman who is taking a part in a show based on her own merits, not those of her father. None of us can be held responsible for comments made by parents, siblings, friends etc. "

Absolutely

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

Justified or not ?"

Which radio reporter was this ?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Steve Allen is a misogynist who is always picking on women for their weight. Even though he had his own weight issues and is diabetic. "

Is that diabetic shaming ?

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

"Steve Allen is a misogynist who is always picking on women for their weight. Even though he had his own weight issues and is diabetic. "

What has him being diabetic got to do with anything?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Steve Allen is a misogynist who is always picking on women for their weight. Even though he had his own weight issues and is diabetic.

What has him being diabetic got to do with anything?"

That's what I said .

Is diabetic shaming a new thing?

over a year ago

He is abhorrent. "

His verbal abuse of people is exactly the reason he has a radio show of his own. Like it or not, people get a kick out of putting others down and bullying. He makes a living from being rude and abusive.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

And the diabetic shaming or bullying?

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

don't watch it

but sounds like a very unkind comment

over a year ago

Chubby little thing is my pet name for my cock

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The radio presenter has apologised. Should that be the end of the matter ?

over a year ago

evesham

"The radio presenter has apologised. Should that be the end of the matter ?"

Yes. Providing it was sincere and he doesn't do it again.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

False.

Ridiculous.

If you choose to be offended, it's not a fault, unless you see it as such. I see it as a personal choice to allow yourself to be upset by what other people say about you. Nothing wrong with that if that's your bag..but it's not for me. I'm happier knowing other people don't affect my life unless I allow them too. "

So you wouldn’t kind of a radio host was ridiculing you on live radio?

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"The radio presenter has apologised. Should that be the end of the matter ?"

Not really. He will do it again.

over a year ago

evesham

He is abhorrent. His verbal abuse of people is exactly the reason he has a radio show of his own. Like it or not, people get a kick out of putting others down and bullying. He makes a living from being rude and abusive."

I don't like it and will continue to call it abhorrent and applaud when others take a stand against it. It is a vile character trait that should not be accepted or celebrated. I don't accept it from my own mother, I won't accept it from a radio dj.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Steve Allen is a misogynist who is always picking on women for their weight. Even though he had his own weight issues and is diabetic.

What has him being diabetic got to do with anything?

That's what I said .

Is diabetic shaming a new thing?"

I would imagine there was some confusion over what type of diabetes.

Some people do think that it is caused by being obese, which of course one type of diabetes can be.

Steven Allen is a pretentious , nasty , cunt.....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Mind you, is stating something that it true or even subjective , 'shaming' .....

I'm going grey. If you say she's a greying little thing........ can I scream and shout and cry that you have grey shamed me ???

What if im not ashamed of my grey ...... ?

over a year ago

evesham

False.

Ridiculous.

If you choose to be offended, it's not a fault, unless you see it as such. I see it as a personal choice to allow yourself to be upset by what other people say about you. Nothing wrong with that if that's your bag..but it's not for me. I'm happier knowing other people don't affect my life unless I allow them too. "

But you are completely missing the point. Whether I 'choose' to take offence is irrelevant. His words were chosen specifically to cause offense. Why should this be accepted? You claim that no one intends to offend people and that if any offence is taken the blame for that lies solely at the person to whom that comment is made. I am simply saying that is bollocks, because quite frankly it is. I can go round calling people cunts all day with the intention of pissing people off but you'd say it's the people that get pissed off that have the problem.

I get the whole 'you control your own self worth' message you are trying to pedal but you ignore the fact that some people simply enjoy being offensive.

over a year ago

evesham

"Mind you, is stating something that it true or even subjective , 'shaming' .....

I'm going grey. If you say she's a greying little thing........ can I scream and shout and cry that you have grey shamed me ???

"

Only if it had absolutely nothing to do with the thing they were talking about.

For instance..... Granny suck cock well, yeah but she's a grey old bird ain't she!

Irellevant and unecessary.

By *areToShareCouple
over a year ago

Bingham

False.

Ridiculous.

If you choose to be offended, it's not a fault, unless you see it as such. I see it as a personal choice to allow yourself to be upset by what other people say about you. Nothing wrong with that if that's your bag..but it's not for me. I'm happier knowing other people don't affect my life unless I allow them too.

But you are completely missing the point. Whether I 'choose' to take offence is irrelevant. His words were chosen specifically to cause offense. Why should this be accepted? You claim that no one intends to offend people and that if any offence is taken the blame for that lies solely at the person to whom that comment is made. I am simply saying that is bollocks, because quite frankly it is. I can go round calling people cunts all day with the intention of pissing people off but you'd say it's the people that get pissed off that have the problem.

I get the whole 'you control your own self worth' message you are trying to pedal but you ignore the fact that some people simply enjoy being offensive. "

And the whole point is...whether someone wants to be offensive is up to them...if you don't get offended, then their trying to be offensive hasn't worked has it!

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Standard fare for lbc. This is the organisation that hired and paid Katie hopkins, knowing exactly what she would do.

How many times have lbc fired presenters for overstepping the mark? Fact is, they want their presenters to sail as close to the wind as possible, and then fire them once they become indefensible. But they hire them knowing where they will do, and egg them on.

Any apologies are meaningless. He, and LBC, will continue to plumb the depths.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Shame really.

I listen to LBC ..... selected times of course.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Mind you, is stating something that it true or even subjective , 'shaming' .....

"

On that basis then so called fat shaming does not exist

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

False.

Ridiculous.

I get the whole 'you control your own self worth' message you are trying to pedal but you ignore the fact that some people simply enjoy being offensive. "

Completely agree.

There may be a grey area where one person might be offended by a comment and another person would not be offended by the same comment, but clearly some comments are intended to be offensive.

over a year ago

evesham

False.

Ridiculous.

I get the whole 'you control your own self worth' message you are trying to pedal but you ignore the fact that some people simply enjoy being offensive.

And the whole point is...whether someone wants to be offensive is up to them...if you don't get offended, then their trying to be offensive hasn't worked has it! "

And they just get away with it unchecked?

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Shame really.

I listen to LBC ..... selected times of course. "

I can’t support the organisation. They are repeat offenders when it comes to hiring people who they know will cause offence. It’s not unexpected when someone oversteps the mark, it’s institutional, it’s policy.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I just think it was ill-mannered

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Woops... not a good comment

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

False.

Ridiculous.

And the whole point is...whether someone wants to be offensive is up to them...if you don't get offended, then their trying to be offensive hasn't worked has it! "

So people should always simply laugh off insults?

I disagree.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Shame really.

I can’t support the organisation. They are repeat offenders when it comes to hiring people who they know will cause offence. It’s not unexpected when someone oversteps the mark, it’s institutional, it’s policy. "

I have wondered about some. Most are pretty middle of the road.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Miss Ramsey is only famous because of her dad

over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 25/10/21 13:11:01]

over a year ago

I think she's fit tbh

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Shame really.

I can’t support the organisation. They are repeat offenders when it comes to hiring people who they know will cause offence. It’s not unexpected when someone oversteps the mark, it’s institutional, it’s policy.

I have wondered about some. Most are pretty middle of the road.

"

Fair enough, but the ones who attract controversy are not accidental. Katie Hopkins didn’t just happen to slip through the net and go rogue ... she was hired in full knowledge of what she would do.

I’m sure many of their broadcasters are fine, but the station loves people who actively court controversy

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

"Miss Ramsey is only famous because of her dad"

True. Ramsay, by the way.

over a year ago

Well she is 5 foot 10 for starters, which is not exactly little. And make your own mind up but in my book she is far from chubby.

Well according to available weight statistics her BMI is in the underweight category. I was curious so had a gander"

The fact that her BMI is in that category says all really.

People carry weight differently. You can have a room full of the same height and weight people and they'll all look different. I just wish the world wouldn't be so focused on size with so many feeling like it's ok to mention it whenever and wherever they want.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Miss Ramsey is only famous because of her dad"

What makes you say that ?

Truly ........ what makes you say that ?

over a year ago

I just hope that this lovely young lady has a good group of friends and family around her because something like this comment made towards a young lady can have a massive effect mentally in many different areas .

over a year ago

As a side note how many of us wouldn't be offended if someone called us fatty , big nose or some other personal appearance insult . This was a shaming bullying comment that wouldn't be tolerated in a school playground so definitely has no place out on public radio . My humble opinion

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Tilly is a beautiful and elegant dancer, love watching her every week

By *areToShareCouple
over a year ago

Bingham

False.

Ridiculous.

And the whole point is...whether someone wants to be offensive is up to them...if you don't get offended, then their trying to be offensive hasn't worked has it!

And they just get away with it unchecked? "

Why does it need checking ? If you're not offended by it, then there's nothing to be checked is there?

What's even more bizarre, is the fact people on here are getting triggered by something that someone else has done to someone else!

Why are people getting offended by something that doesn't even involve them? Let people mind their own business and stop interfering in other people's lives.

Forever people are crying on hereabout people having their own opinions and choice of sexuality and such like...yet here the same people are, disagreeing with a person's opinion simply because they choose not to like it.

If the guy had said " what an adorable girl", would there have been a great long thread about it on a swingers forum? No. So when you all trigger yourselves about supposed negativity, yet never excite over positivity ...doesn't it show what an absolute mess society has become, due to the overwhelming amount of melts who seek to be triggered just so they have an excuse to complain about something! In the grand sceme of life, if being called fat or chubby offends, then really there is no hope for mankind!

As some people, as you say 'simply enjoy being offensive', then I simply enjoy not being offended. I recommend not being offended far more than I recommend being offensive...so who's actually right here?

But again, nothing is offensive unless you allow it to be. That remains a fact no matter how much anyone wishes to argue the point.

over a year ago

evesham

False.

Ridiculous.

Why does it need checking ? If you're not offended by it, then there's nothing to be checked is there?

What's even more bizarre, is the fact people on here are getting triggered by something that someone else has done to someone else!

Why are people getting offended by something that doesn't even involve them? Let people mind their own business and stop interfering in other people's lives.

Forever people are crying on hereabout people having their own opinions and choice of sexuality and such like...yet here the same people are, disagreeing with a person's opinion simply because they choose not to like it.

If the guy had said " what an adorable girl", would there have been a great long thread about it on a swingers forum? No. So when you all trigger yourselves about supposed negativity, yet never excite over positivity ...doesn't it show what an absolute mess society has become, due to the overwhelming amount of melts who seek to be triggered just so they have an excuse to complain about something! In the grand sceme of life, if being called fat or chubby offends, then really there is no hope for mankind!

As some people, as you say 'simply enjoy being offensive', then I simply enjoy not being offended. I recommend not being offended far more than I recommend being offensive...so who's actually right here?

But again, nothing is offensive unless you allow it to be. That remains a fact no matter how much anyone wishes to argue the point.

"

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this.

I will always challenge comments where the instigator is being intentionally rude and offensive. I belive 100% that offence can be pre-meditated and given whole heartedly by someone. Wether you react to it or not does not change their intention.

Attitudes like that are what perpetuate bullying in today's society. 'be kind' is a message that seemed so short lived.

I've no intention in spiralling round this conversation over and over. As I said previously, he is a shock jock type dj who loves to court controversy by saying things he knows will offend then acting thiv victim by claiming nothing was meant by it. A manipulating gas lighter of a man.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"Tilly is a beautiful and elegant dancer, love watching her every week "

She always comes across well, she appears as a well mannered and sweet lass.

However, some buffoon making deliberately barbed comments just to garner attention for himself shows himself up for what he is. An ass.

She’s handled herself well.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

False.

Ridiculous.

"

But she was offended by it, which is why she called it out.

And the point re it being none of our business makes zero sense. The comments were made in public, on radio, so are in the public domain.

And people are perfectly entitled to voice their views on comments made by a paid broadcaster.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Tilly is a beautiful and elegant dancer, love watching her every week

She always comes across well, she appears as a well mannered and sweet lass.

However, some buffoon making deliberately barbed comments just to garner attention for himself shows himself up for what he is. An ass.

She’s handled herself well.

"

I totally agree. She is doing well at Uni and working too. Good luck to the young lady

By *lasphemousGirlWoman
over a year ago

Cambs

Pretty disgusting insulting a 19 year old girl regardless. But totally uncalled-for.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Pretty disgusting insulting a 19 year old girl regardless. But totally uncalled-for."

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Tilly is a beautiful and elegant dancer, love watching her every week "

Could the public vote her in because of these comments ?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

False.

If for example ..somebody called me a lazy, fat prick...I'd have a choice to be offended wouldn't I? Would it offend me..no! A manipulating gas lighter of a man. "

A gaslighter ? How old is he exactly ?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Tilly is a beautiful and elegant dancer, love watching her every week

Could the public vote her in because of these comments ?"

Yes of course Tom, they can vote for who they like, but she has the talent to be there

over a year ago

Not justified at all

Post new Message to Thread