Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are you happy?

Jump to newest

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Happiness is such a diverse area. Such a balance of so many things… but are you overall content with love, family, friendships, work, life outside of work…

Overall how happy would you say you were?

Are you working towards improving your happiness?

What would make you happy today?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm content mostly with the occasional burst of happiness.

By *usman 199Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Morning saf I am happy family grandkids work life balance is sorting itself out. Hopefully hols abroad soon so yes things are good . Hope things are good for you my friend x

over a year ago

"Happiness is such a diverse area. Such a balance of so many things… but are you overall content with love, family, friendships, work, life outside of work…

"

I'm in a good place now wasn't always the case though. Things or events that happen in life affect how we are today.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Happiness is such a diverse area. Such a balance of so many things… but are you overall content with love, family, friendships, work, life outside of work…

"

1. Not happy enough. I've been much more miserable than this, certainly, but there are still acres of room for improvement.

2. Yes. Always. I'm just running out of ideas on how to proceed.

3. Sex, a large sum of money, or the pandemic finally fucking off.

By *91kMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

"

Being single used to make me unhappy. But, you shouldn't need someone else's company to feel happy. So I stopped caring and focused on other things, which in turn has made me the happiest I've ever been!

How about you OP? Are you happy? And if not, what would make you happy

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Ps I am popping in to read replies I’m just beginning a bake off to occupy myself

over a year ago

Bright side of life but not realy I guess

over a year ago

"I'm content mostly with the occasional burst of happiness. "

I am content with this too. Searching for little moments of joy

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Being single used to make me unhappy. But, you shouldn't need someone else's company to feel happy. So I stopped caring and focused on other things, which in turn has made me the happiest I've ever been!

How about you OP? Are you happy? And if not, what would make you happy "

I think I’m content but wouldn’t say I’m necessarily happy. I think I keep myself so detached from many things that it’s safe and comfortable, but happy… not sure I am.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I'm content mostly with the occasional burst of happiness. "

This works for me too

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

In all honesty? No, not at all.

Those that know me, know that I’m not in a good place at the moment. I’m doing better than I was, which is fantastic but I’m not happy.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I grab on to happiness in life. I've had some fairly bleak periods so I try to appreciate the happiness I have and go out of my way to look for joy in the everyday.

What would make me happier right now is a good bloke with a hard cock - I can't avoid some guilt over the amount of batteries I'm currently burning through, and the fact that my plan for tonight involves defrosting my freezer is a sad state of affairs.

over a year ago

I have my downer moments which are awful but they are very quick and temporary. Usually I feel quite happy and since I started to love myself for being me. Well, that’s the happiest and clearer I’ve EVER been x self love is pure LOVE

And if you love yourself (not in a narcissistic kinda a way) you will become a magnet for good things x (and good people) x

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Oh Saff. It's too hard a question.

So I guess the answer is bursts of happy and despair on a baseline of sadness and disappointment.

I'm absolutely working on it and have awesome people working on it with me as well though

over a year ago

Pretty much, yeah

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

I feel that I spend too much of my time madly paddling away beneath the surface to really appreciate what I have. I’m a lot better than I used to be though, and I’m definitely not as unhappy as I’ve been in the past. I’m working at being better at being grateful so happiness has to be a step closer than previously!

over a year ago

I have many happy moments throughout the day, every day.

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

Lots of things make me happy really.

Spending time with my kids, watching a gripping movie, sex lol

But I have to say the thing that makes me happy the most is when I'm out running... that feeling of complete bliss where you block out the world for an hour and just me vs me, its hard to explain but I could have the shittiest day but once I'm out running, it's like all that is forgotten for the brief time

Sorry for the essay lol

over a year ago

"I grab on to happiness in life. I've had some fairly bleak periods so I try to appreciate the happiness I have and go out of my way to look for joy in the everyday.

What would make me happier right now is a good bloke with a hard cock - I can't avoid some guilt over the amount of batteries I'm currently burning through, and the fact that my plan for tonight involves defrosting my freezer is a sad state of affairs."

Snorted at this

over a year ago

In general I'm ok.

Sometimes I'm pretty unhappy and if honest I also get pretty lonely.

However I'm slowly changing the things that I can to help improve things.

I moved house in the summer which now feels like it was good for me rather than the sadness I felt at the time.

I'm working on the way I feel about myself. I'm trying to get better at self care and I'm pushing myself to do things I've always wanted to.

I start my new job in January which should improve my wellbeing in many ways.

I'm determined that by this time next year I will be more happy in general.

over a year ago

"Lots of things make me happy really.

But I have to say the thing that makes me happy the most is when I'm out running... that feeling of complete bliss where you block out the world for an hour and just me vs me, its hard to explain but I could have the shittiest day but once I'm out running, it's like all that is forgotten for the brief time

Sorry for the essay lol"

I think you're on to xomething here.

There's a lot of Joe Rogan clips on youtube about happiness. Really interesting points of view and kinda changes the persepctive on what happiness is.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'd say I'm quite happy generally. All emotions have the possibility of being temporary of course but for the most part I'm happy. Actually perhaps not happy, more content. Yes, I'm content.

I have the love of good people, I'm happier in myself and more confident in the woman I'm becoming rather than the one people think I should be. Work, for my occasional moaning is really good. I'm in a good place with friendships, relationships etc.

What would make me happier today? Less pain. Better and more confidence in myself, that would help a lot. I can't complain really though!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I am content but not always happy. I work hard but still struggle financially. The thought of having to work full time until I am 67 gets me down. Apart from that I am in good health so for this I am grateful.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

I am never 100% happy lol

Always something to gripe about, but life is pretty good overall

By *hanarisCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I'm just getting out of the long period of depression and I feel great! I have changed my whole life, my partner my job my friends and finally sun is shining again and i can be my self after more than 20 years of darkness. Life is beautiful

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

It is a difficult one to answer that. In general I would say yes have a great kid some amazing friends and family. Work could be better but I do have a full-time permanent job although not mentally challenging and a but frustrating at times it's ok, I have had a lot worse in the past.

I have my health, a roof over my head which is dry and warm although I don't have much money it can't buy you happiness so I would say I am happy in myself most days but like everyone else I do have my down days.

over a year ago

"I'm just getting out of the long period of depression and I feel great! I have changed my whole life, my partner my job my friends and finally sun is shining again and i can be my self after more than 20 years of darkness. Life is beautiful "

over a year ago

"I'm just getting out of the long period of depression and I feel great! I have changed my whole life, my partner my job my friends and finally sun is shining again and i can be my self after more than 20 years of darkness. Life is beautiful "

That's good to hear x

over a year ago

Yes, I’m generally happy with my life. There are many improvements I can make and I’m working on them every day. I’m someone that takes action to improve my situations rather than complains.

The relationship I’m in has brought about a happiness I didn’t know I was missing

over a year ago

"It is a difficult one to answer that. In general I would say yes have a great kid some amazing friends and family. Work could be better but I do have a full-time permanent job although not mentally challenging and a but frustrating at times it's ok, I have had a lot worse in the past.

I have my health, a roof over my head which is dry and warm although I don't have much money it can't buy you happiness so I would say I am happy in myself most days but like everyone else I do have my down days."

This is it! I don't think happiness means you're always happy.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Honestly, no not really. Lately I'm just finding everything a challenge with brief moments of contentment sprinkled in.

I'm at a crossroads in my career where I feel like I'm stagnating to added issue of still working from home. I don't feel like I'm in control in parts of my family life where I'd like to be, and I'm essentially using the gym as an excuse to be anywhere but home as it reminds me of where things are going wrong.

I only seem content late at night right before bed and because I want to delay it all happening again the next day, I put off going to sleep so my sleeping pattern is fucked too.

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

Sorry for the essay lol

There's a lot of Joe Rogan clips on youtube about happiness. Really interesting points of view and kinda changes the persepctive on what happiness is. "

I'll have to check it out. But it's quite interesting to read everyone's views of happiness and what makes them happy. Obviously no two people are the same and what works for me may not work on someone else but mind is more something to look forward to as oppose to something to complete. Hence why I set myself an unreachable goal as I know I would never reach it but just the thought of going out and trying, that's the best bit and who know.. one day I may just dig deeper and get to that peak.. you just never know

over a year ago

"Yes, I’m generally happy with my life. There are many improvements I can make and I’m working on them every day. I’m someone that takes action to improve my situations rather than complains.

The relationship I’m in has brought about a happiness I didn’t know I was missing "

That's lovely to read TBG

By *ikAshCouple
over a year ago

London

Yes I am happy - I don’t have a perfect life, but I have so much to be grateful for. Life is far too short, we should try and make the most of the positives. A x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Honestly, no not really. Lately I'm just finding everything a challenge with brief moments of contentment sprinkled in.

I'm at a crossroads in my career where I feel like I'm stagnating to added issue of still working from home. I don't feel like I'm in control in parts of my family life where I'd like to be, and I'm essentially using the gym as an excuse to be anywhere but home as it reminds me of where things are going wrong.

I only seem content late at night right before bed and because I want to delay it all happening again the next day, I put off going to sleep so my sleeping pattern is fucked too."

I don't know if I can say anything useful here, but just wanted to say thank you for sharing this very personal set of feelings.

over a year ago

Leaving depression behind is a wonderful feeling and an achievement!

over a year ago

Generally happy I think. He gets on my nerves at times lol. But as you say, it’s not always as black and white x

over a year ago

It's really a state of mind thing at a point in time imo.

You can't be happy all the time and life is about balance. The key to happiness is being ok just being ok, content, fulfilled. There will be days/moments of sadness and hopefully more days/ moments of joy.

Dont chase happiness just enjoy the memories you make when you are happy and stay positive good times are ahead.

over a year ago

Nope

over a year ago

I’m up & down today but what would make me happy is drinking cocktails & having a catch up with my bud

over a year ago

Day to day I try to be.

I have depression, I don’t hide it. I try to embrace it and not let it win.

I will find a positive from any situation. Helps to have a dark sense of humour.

For years I refused help because I wouldn’t admit it things to myself, was scared of being labelled and that medication wold change me.

Now, I shout it loudly. Don’t shy away from it. If me being honest helps one person to help themselves then fantastic.

If anyone needs an ear, I’ll listen without trying to fix. I’ll point you support that can help.

over a year ago

I'm very happy.

So much to look forward to. X

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

1 meh

2 meh

3 fucked if I know

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

"Honestly, no not really. Lately I'm just finding everything a challenge with brief moments of contentment sprinkled in.

I only seem content late at night right before bed and because I want to delay it all happening again the next day, I put off going to sleep so my sleeping pattern is fucked too."

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way bud and I'm not sure if I can contribute anything useful that may have already been suggested. I feel the best way is to approach each issue at a time or prioritise which one is most important to you and try to find a solution rather than seeing it as one big issue. It does make it less daunting and smaller goals will soon mount up to bigger gains.

And plus, you also have the support here too if you need any. You are not alone in this as I'm sure everyone has been in the same situation or are feeling similar how you are now and would offer advice, support etc etc. I do hope things turn around for you soon bud

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I only seem content late at night right before bed and because I want to delay it all happening again the next day, I put off going to sleep so my sleeping pattern is fucked too.

I don't know if I can say anything useful here, but just wanted to say thank you for sharing this very personal set of feelings. "

Thank you, I know I need to change something to get out of the rut, it's just about starting where and not panicking and trying to do a complete 180.

By *ouise8300Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

On the whole I'm happy. I have a lot of things to be happy about. Although I don't think happiness is an emotion that continues regardless.

Not everything in my life is how I would like it to be, but that doesn't stop me from being happy at the moment. I've been in some low places and have lived through situations which made me unhappy for a long time. In comparison to the way my life has moved on since then helps me to reflect on the things in my life and to be grateful of where I am now.

Anxiety creeps back in from time to time, but I'm in a much better place to deal with it when it does.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Yes very much so.

I think if I work towards a more healthier lifestyle I will be happier still.

A brush with Covid has made me think I need a few lifestyle changes.

over a year ago

Sorry for the essay lol

There's a lot of Joe Rogan clips on youtube about happiness. Really interesting points of view and kinda changes the persepctive on what happiness is.

I'll have to check it out. But it's quite interesting to read everyone's views of happiness and what makes them happy. Obviously no two people are the same and what works for me may not work on someone else but mind is more something to look forward to as oppose to something to complete. Hence why I set myself an unreachable goal as I know I would never reach it but just the thought of going out and trying, that's the best bit and who know.. one day I may just dig deeper and get to that peak.. you just never know "

That right there mate. The idea that we are meant to 'struggle' in terms of we are meant to be doing things, trying to get to places and when you reach it, doing something else. That in itself bring happiness. Bu like you say, different for each person.

over a year ago

I don't know if I can say anything useful here, but just wanted to say thank you for sharing this very personal set of feelings.

Thank you, I know I need to change something to get out of the rut, it's just about starting where and not panicking and trying to do a complete 180."

I'm with both of you. The late night thing feels good in my view, because no one wants anything from you. You can't do anything about stuff at that time so it becomes less in your head, like a bit of a repreive for a time.

I don't know if this helps but it has helped me during the lockdown stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4taz6dfPQc

over a year ago

North West

Thank you, I know I need to change something to get out of the rut, it's just about starting where and not panicking and trying to do a complete 180."

*Makes self feel old* Mr Ghoul/Fool, you're a young chap still. You have plenty of time to plough your furrow and move upwards in your career etc.

over a year ago

Extremely happy.

What would make me happy - a Gloucester win today.

over a year ago

Depends on what you mean

If you mean job and whare I am in life yes very happy

If you mean family yes very happy

If you mean love them very unhappy the one person who would make me happy dispite everything they done to me done not want me and it’s a very hard thing to deal with

over a year ago

I asked myself this a few years ago and realised that I wasn't. I was successful but it hadn't brought me happiness. I left my career and my husband and started to be a bit more selfish. Instead of worrying about making people proud of me, I thought about what I wanted to do and what made me feel happy. I discovered running and a new job that I really love. And time away from my responsibilities makes me enjoy them more.

Today, I'm absolutely buzzing with happiness

over a year ago

No.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Cake, cuddles and good food would make me happier

over a year ago

North West

I enjoy my job, most of the time. It's very rewarding, though can be stressful. I would like to consider further promotion but I don't want to lose the classroom contact time. Torn there!

Personal life - lots of wider family challenges that pull me down. I feel like an inadequate parent most of the time, especially when I have to sit things out and spectate (like at trampoline parks etc). My Dad is needing more help/care that I struggle to give and take the thought of how I'll cope when he gets worse often plays on my mind.

I miss my Grandad

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Cake, cuddles and good food would make me happier "

Amen to that

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Without sounding smug. I’m as happy as a sandman. If I won a million pounds tomorrow I wouldn’t be any happier or change much about my life. I’ve always had a positive outlook on life.

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. I’m generally content and I know in many ways I’m very lucky. I found the social isolation at the beginning of Covid hard to cope with at times. I did a free course with Yale Uni called the Science of well

Being which helped. I think I need to revisit that. Sometimes the humdrum of life seems to take over but I know it’s down to me to try and make my own special moments and to savour them.

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Pretty alright, I’m not really but who cares.

3 points, a few pints and a lovely lady playing with my penis tonight would put a smile on my face.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Sorry for the essay lol"

Just reading about your running. Being out on my bike when the suns shining, almost like I’ve got drugs running through my veins. Difficult to fully explain. I feel euphoric and grateful for everything I’ve got in my life.

over a year ago

"Pretty alright, I’m not really but who cares.

3 points, a few pints and a lovely lady playing with my penis tonight would put a smile on my face."

I care

over a year ago

What would make me really happy is a cure for alzheimer's my mum has it

over a year ago

"Without sounding smug. I’m as happy as a sandman. If I won a million pounds tomorrow I wouldn’t be any happier or change much about my life. I’ve always had a positive outlook on life. "

Thats not smug, thats awesome!!

over a year ago

"What would make me really happy is a cure for alzheimer's my mum has it "

Aw mate

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

3 points, a few pints and a lovely lady playing with my penis tonight would put a smile on my face.

I care "

Thank you, that means a lot

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Sending love.

By *heekyminx101Couple
over a year ago

basingstoke

So happy right now, the happiest I’ve been in a long time. Life is good and I’m very fortunate to have the things I do.

over a year ago

"I'm content mostly with the occasional burst of happiness.

I am content with this too. Searching for little moments of joy "

Pretty much sums me up too.

over a year ago

North West

"Without sounding smug. I’m as happy as a sandman. If I won a million pounds tomorrow I wouldn’t be any happier or change much about my life. I’ve always had a positive outlook on life. "

It's not always about having a positive outlook. No amount of positivity will help with my Dad's dementia or remove my mother from the house she is illegally occupying (that's part of an Estate I'm executor of). And these are just two trivial things in my life. I can be as positive as proton or a sodium ion, but it won't help with the shitty things I'm dealing with right now.

over a year ago

I really want to give everyone on here a reet big hug

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

I’ve no idea how to answer the question but I’ll have a go - compared to this time last year I’m managing myself much better and I don’t actually think I can be as miserable as I was then.

Am I happy - absolutely not. I’ve always been a grass is always greener kind of person although I do know where the grass is greenest. Recently someone told me ‘to go enjoy your sad, empty and joke life’ and it hit a nerve.

As a result I’m trying to put more into life, and hopefully I’ll get more out.

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

ish

over a year ago

"I have my downer moments which are awful but they are very quick and temporary. Usually I feel quite happy and since I started to love myself for being me. Well, that’s the happiest and clearer I’ve EVER been x self love is pure LOVE

And if you love yourself (not in a narcissistic kinda a way) you will become a magnet for good things x (and good people) x"

Nice comment.

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I’ve no idea how to answer the question but I’ll have a go - compared to this time last year I’m managing myself much better and I don’t actually think I can be as miserable as I was then.

Am I happy - absolutely not. I’ve always been a grass is always greener kind of person although I do know where the grass is greenest. Recently someone told me ‘to go enjoy your sad, empty and joke life’ and it hit a nerve.

As a result I’m trying to put more into life, and hopefully I’ll get more out. "

Ah Chuck that’s a cunty thing to say. You’re a good egg!! X

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Yes. I am. Very much so. I have some very good people and things in my life, things that make me smile and make my heart swell with love. Is my life perfect? Absolutely not. Life throws shit at all of us. But I'm a doer, I sort stuff out and move on from it. My energy is much better spent on enjoying and appreciating the good things.

By *elsh-guyMan
over a year ago

The land of the Dragon and loads of sheep

When I'm with and around my kids I'm the happiest person in the world if I am not with them or in work bor something I'm the saddest person in the world. Just started the gym back to improve my life a little bit mentally and physically. I'm getting there just a long road ahead. X

By *ik MMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

"I’ve no idea how to answer the question but I’ll have a go - compared to this time last year I’m managing myself much better and I don’t actually think I can be as miserable as I was then.

As a result I’m trying to put more into life, and hopefully I’ll get more out.

Ah Chuck that’s a cunty thing to say. You’re a good egg!! X"

Ha thanks.

Ironically I do actually feel that keeping away from the forums helps in general. Obviously I still pop back from time to time

over a year ago

"What would make me really happy is a cure for alzheimer's my mum has it

Aw mate "

Thank you mate

over a year ago

Sending love. "

Cheers fella

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Mmm I would have to say I am not happy but reading these posts and things you see and hear I damn well should me but the desire for a loving caring relationship with a woman fills my entire time.

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Without sounding smug. I’m as happy as a sandman. If I won a million pounds tomorrow I wouldn’t be any happier or change much about my life. I’ve always had a positive outlook on life.

It's not always about having a positive outlook. No amount of positivity will help with my Dad's dementia or remove my mother from the house she is illegally occupying (that's part of an Estate I'm executor of). And these are just two trivial things in my life. I can be as positive as proton or a sodium ion, but it won't help with the shitty things I'm dealing with right now. "

True.. sometimes life throws a bag of spanners at us and that’s hard!! Usually all at once too. Sometimes there is no immediate answer. But it’s good to say it out loud and know deep down that at some point it will get better.

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

3 points, a few pints and a lovely lady playing with my penis tonight would put a smile on my face."

How about pie?!?! X sorry you’re feeling rubbish. You’re a lovely human. And yes people care. That’s why we ask x

over a year ago

"Mmm I would have to say I am not happy but reading these posts and things you see and hear I damn well should me but the desire for a loving caring relationship with a woman fills my entire time."

It's all subjective. Always good to realise you have a lot to be thankful for and this does help in the long run. But it doesn't negate your own feelings either.

over a year ago

Who’s this Larry guy anyway? What made him the benchmark?

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

How about pie?!?! X sorry you’re feeling rubbish. You’re a lovely human. And yes people care. That’s why we ask x"

Pie? Always love a bit of pie.

Thank you Saffron, you’re a love. x

over a year ago

"Who’s this Larry guy anyway? What made him the benchmark?"

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Who’s this Larry guy anyway? What made him the benchmark?"

Good question frenchie… who the hell is Larry…

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"

Hi Saff

I’m generally a very happy person but currently skint and job hunting - which is impacting on my happiness and that of the kids (little money to pay for the things we need - and certainly none left over for Christmas and upcoming Birthdays).

Fortunately they’re old enough to understand how things are at the moment - and I’m doing a number of courses etc to become more employable.

I don’t generally associate ‘stuff’ with happiness- but a little more to pay the bills and a few treats would be nice.

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

How about pie?!?! X sorry you’re feeling rubbish. You’re a lovely human. And yes people care. That’s why we ask x

Thank you Saffron, you’re a love. x "

Always welcome in Mancunia for proper pie with proper gravy

over a year ago

"Who’s this Larry guy anyway? What made him the benchmark?

Good question frenchie… who the hell is Larry… "

I’d say that I hate Larry but he probably doesn’t give a hoot as he’s happy!

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm in between but also trying to make improvements towards the the good part which most of us lack in and would love to have ...

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Generally I am a happy person, I love my life and the people who are in it, sadly I lost both grandparents recently and although a heartbreaking experience it’s made me reflect on a lot of happy times, I consider myself very lucky xx

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Thank you Saffron, you’re a love. x

Always welcome in Mancunia for proper pie with proper gravy "

If it’s in Manchester, I’d take a steak pudding with gravy

over a year ago

Not particularly.

over a year ago

Yes!

Life’s difficult I’m balancing a million things and often feel like I’m doing nothing particularly great.

But

I accept where I am

I accept I’m doing what I can

My children are happy

And somehow I get through everything thrown our way!

I’m the happiest I’ve probably ever been despite all of it.

It’s the little things and acceptance.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

In these situations I’m often reminded of the quote where I took one of my previous fab names from; “if you search for happiness then long will it evade you, but if you busy yourself with other things, then happiness will come and sit quietly on your shoulder.”

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Mine too and it’s breaking my heart xx

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"In these situations I’m often reminded of the quote where I took one of my previous fab names from; “if you search for happiness then long will it evade you, but if you busy yourself with other things, then happiness will come and sit quietly on your shoulder.” "

I like that quote - and I remember the fab name too.

over a year ago

Mine too and it’s breaking my heart xx"

It's fucking awful Nora my heart goes out to you x

My mum has had it for 6 years 2 of them I wasn't allowed to visit due to covid I went to see her recently and her first words were, who the fuck are you I didn't know if I should laugh or cry

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Mine too and it’s breaking my heart xx"

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

My mum has had it for 6 years 2 of them I wasn't allowed to visit due to covid I went to see her recently and her first words were, who the fuck are you I didn't know if I should laugh or cry "

My mum has only just been diagnosed. We knew though really. I’m dreading that stage so much, it’s killing me now and it’s not that bad yet. Hugs to you too lovely xxxxx

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

My mum has had it for 6 years 2 of them I wasn't allowed to visit due to covid I went to see her recently and her first words were, who the fuck are you I didn't know if I should laugh or cry "

Heartbreaking.

over a year ago

My mum has had it for 6 years 2 of them I wasn't allowed to visit due to covid I went to see her recently and her first words were, who the fuck are you I didn't know if I should laugh or cry

My mum has only just been diagnosed. We knew though really. I’m dreading that stage so much, it’s killing me now and it’s not that bad yet. Hugs to you too lovely xxxxx"

Thank you Nora and right back at you xxx

I jacked in work and was her carer for 18 months. It nearly finished me off it was so hard my advice is take all the help you can x

over a year ago

I am happy - but I take a lot of medication to feel like that - so who knows if I am REALLY happy?

over a year ago

North West

My mum has only just been diagnosed. We knew though really. I’m dreading that stage so much, it’s killing me now and it’s not that bad yet. Hugs to you too lovely xxxxx"

My Dad is starting to forget how he's related to certain people. He emailed my son (his eldest Grandson, 19yo) and signed off as his "Uncle T..."

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Erm I don't know would be the honest answer. I'm coming out of a long spell of feeling depressed. And I'm in that awkward in between phase where you don't know what you are feeling. But I'm feeling pleasently optimistic.

over a year ago

My mum has only just been diagnosed. We knew though really. I’m dreading that stage so much, it’s killing me now and it’s not that bad yet. Hugs to you too lovely xxxxx

My Dad is starting to forget how he's related to certain people. He emailed my son (his eldest Grandson, 19yo) and signed off as his "Uncle T..." "

X

over a year ago

I'm very happy (Mr) and in a really good place mentally, I finally feel like everything is coming together in life.

over a year ago

I care

over a year ago

To all who have replied not feeling very happy, sending hugs and

I've had some very unhappy times in my life and all I know is to keep going

over a year ago

How about you OP? Are you happy? And if not, what would make you happy "

thats good ! focusing on what you have and being grateful, is better than hiving all your time to what you dont have

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I care "

Thank you, it’s much appreciated.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

This thread has been a bit of an eye opener.

Thank you for it today OP.

This thread and a couple of others today have set me on a bit of an emotional introspective journey.

There’s never an easy answer or fix to these things but it’s good to know that there are others on the same journey and that there are others that have come through the other side.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Am I happy? No

Am I doing alright? Yes

over a year ago

Generally I have a positive mentality but I have a lot going wrong right now which is beyond my control. Its starting to effect me a bit but I'm trying hard to focus on the positives and the things that make me happy

By *irestorm 500Couple
over a year ago

coventry

Am I happy no..

Do I have moments of happiness yes

What would make me totally happy,I have no actual idea.

X Storm X

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Thankyou to everyone who responded x

Happiness is such a subjective thing and responses like these make me realise how much is often out of our control. Often there is no easy fix and this wasn’t about answers. More an opportunity to think and say it out loud. As a singleton it’s not something I do enough.

There have been times that I didn’t think I’d get over. But I’m still kicking. Right now I’ll accept content.

I hope things improve for those having a tough time.

Sending love

over a year ago

Not as happy as should be, trying to change it but not sure what it will take to make me happy

Find it easier to make others happy than myself

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Anyone that isn’t happy, or isn’t coping, my inbox is open 24/7.

I’d hate to feel that anyone was struggling and didn’t feel like they could open up to someone, without fear if judgement

I’m sure I’m not the only person who would be open to helping or listening

By *affron40 OP   Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Anyone that isn’t happy, or isn’t coping, my inbox is open 24/7.

I’d hate to feel that anyone was struggling and didn’t feel like they could open up to someone, without fear if judgement

I’m sure I’m not the only person who would be open to helping or listening "

Absolutely

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Op I'm not sure I can answer those questions? The answers are lenghty & shades of grey & shite. No yes/no - sorry.

They are good solid ones to ask though. But...

At the moment I feel very much like the Del Amitri song, "Driving With The Breaks On."

In part of the song he's singing:-

"when you are swimming with yer boots on....." THAT'S ME!!!! At the moment. I'm treading fast & furiously but not getting anywhere.

I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster going up & down with emotions - and that ain't a good way to live my life. Just looking for Amsterdam (where everything is flat.)

A friend is popping over tonight for food & chat. It will be nice to see her.

It's not my life. That's where it should be & where I intended albeit Covid! That's managed to piss on me chips a bit. Not quite as confident cos of this? Before I knew....

It breaks my heart to see someone close to me see their mind is fractured & broken & get angry cos they know somethings up but they just can't put a finger on it? Getting old is a shit.

The other week I almost deleted all my pics & my account too!

Fortune tellers always say you will live a long & happy life. They omit - "yeah, you will, but you will be drooling & forgetting yer relatives names & shitting in nappies till yer dying day...." Where is the dignity in that?

It hits you no matter how clever & street smart you are.

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Oh, Ive got some house work to do! My house is looking like tip.

Better get Freddy on & "I Want To Break free" goin' on in the background!

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Added thought!

I could have just said "NO!" I'll just keep goin'

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m stablely mooching. I’m not unhappy but I’m not ecstatic either. The simple things are in place, family health, roof over our heads and food on the table, that is what important to me. The odd time to break out and add a snippet of forget it all, comes along occasionally so works right now.

over a year ago

"I’m stablely mooching. I’m not unhappy but I’m not ecstatic either. The simple things are in place, family health, roof over our heads and food on the table, that is what important to me. The odd time to break out and add a snippet of forget it all, comes along occasionally so works right now. "

You won't be happy tomorrow when west ham beat you

over a year ago

What is happy? Smiling and meaning it? If so then no

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

On a trajectory to pack in full time work go back to being s/e so I can have control over my time. Between 6months and 1.5yrs depending on how my current employer behaves

over a year ago

Yes completely and for the first ever time in my years alive

for all those on this thread who aren’t feeling too great

An no BS, excluding filters, my inbox is open should anyone want to talk/vent to a stranger

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I am happy! Life is sweet.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"I’m stablely mooching. I’m not unhappy but I’m not ecstatic either. The simple things are in place, family health, roof over our heads and food on the table, that is what important to me. The odd time to break out and add a snippet of forget it all, comes along occasionally so works right now.

You won't be happy tomorrow when west ham beat you "

Haha learnt many a time they upset any party, tuned to expect the unexpected

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Get much better at allowing myself to be happy..

over a year ago

"I’m stablely mooching. I’m not unhappy but I’m not ecstatic either. The simple things are in place, family health, roof over our heads and food on the table, that is what important to me. The odd time to break out and add a snippet of forget it all, comes along occasionally so works right now.

You won't be happy tomorrow when west ham beat you

Haha learnt many a time they upset any party, tuned to expect the unexpected "

I was going to go to this but I'm going to west ham v Liverpool in 2 weeks instead

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way bud and I'm not sure if I can contribute anything useful that may have already been suggested. I feel the best way is to approach each issue at a time or prioritise which one is most important to you and try to find a solution rather than seeing it as one big issue. It does make it less daunting and smaller goals will soon mount up to bigger gains.

And plus, you also have the support here too if you need any. You are not alone in this as I'm sure everyone has been in the same situation or are feeling similar how you are now and would offer advice, support etc etc. I do hope things turn around for you soon bud "

Thank you, I've been given some great advice, this included! I'm looking at smaller things I can change which hopefully leads to bigger ones down the line

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Hey Saff

I’m happy and content with my lot. Life is pretty good and I can’t complain. Work is hectic as always but that’s how I prefer it. I’m backward and forwards between two locations and love being at either. Fab provides all I need so my independence isn’t compromised at all

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

OP, thank you for posting this thread and to everyone here I’m sending strength to get through another day and heartfelt hugs.

Last year I found myself focusing on all of the things that were going wrong. I was happy and content being unhappy, if that makes sense.

Then a life changing health issue at the beginning of this year made me realize I have so many things to be truly happy about and grateful for. My family, work, friends. Am I happy? I can honestly say yes I am happy.

I still have days when I feel down but not unhappy.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Thank you, I know I need to change something to get out of the rut, it's just about starting where and not panicking and trying to do a complete 180.

I'm with both of you. The late night thing feels good in my view, because no one wants anything from you. You can't do anything about stuff at that time so it becomes less in your head, like a bit of a repreive for a time.

I don't know if this helps but it has helped me during the lockdown stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4taz6dfPQc

"

Thank you, it's crazy how many people can feel like that but you're absolutely right about night time. It's just so peaceful.

By *litreMan
over a year ago

everywhere

I'm content. My happiness comes from seeing those close to me being happy

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

*Makes self feel old* Mr Ghoul/Fool, you're a young chap still. You have plenty of time to plough your furrow and move upwards in your career etc. "

Haha thank you, I've had some very good advice that I can work on and see where it takes me. I do feel a bit better now

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

Unfortunately very unhappy at the moment. My life has totally changed. Lost my dad early this year. Split up with my wife and kid's. Loads of other rubbish. But one way of looking at it. I guess it can only get better.

over a year ago

I always err on the optimistic, so Happy? I guess so. If I can still be happy without all the 'things' I think I need to be happy, if and when I ever get them I should be ecstatic

over a year ago

I could always be happier. The last few years have been tough and the hard times aren’t over yet but that how you learn to appreciate those moments of pure joy and contentment!

You have to work at your own happiness and as a pessimist that’s no easy task

over a year ago

"Anyone that isn’t happy, or isn’t coping, my inbox is open 24/7.

I’m sure I’m not the only person who would be open to helping or listening "

You're not the only person. I hope people may see me as approachable if you just want a chat

over a year ago

I'm not a happy person generally. I've genuinely had such a rough life that I find it hard to find joy in things at times and I sometimes feel like I'm on autopilot. I do have my good days but also very bad days. I do however leave my inbox open to anybody just in case they need to talk to somebody.

I have certainly been in darker places and things are slowly improving.

I would like to extend the offer to anybody out there that ever needs a chat for support because I'm always here to listen and may even be able to offer advice as I've experienced a lot

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

"Unfortunately very unhappy at the moment. My life has totally changed. Lost my dad early this year. Split up with my wife and kid's. Loads of other rubbish. But one way of looking at it. I guess it can only get better. "
or maybe not

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I feel very malcontent with life recently. There are lots of changes I need to make, and only I can make them happen. I'm still more upbeat and smiley than most people I interact with, but inside life is just a bit 'meh' right now. I've realised In the last year that I'm a lot more cynical than I ever realised too - which makes me sad.

over a year ago

North West

"Added thought!

I could have just said "NO!" I'll just keep goin' "

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you managed to have a decent rest-of-the-day.

I feel pretty shitty today.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We are both loving life at the moment and making the most of our time together.

Was at the theatre Wednesday, concert Thursday and out with a FAB friend last night and now travelled up to Scotland for a few days holidays, which is our first holiday together.

We’ve both been through bad times to know to appreciate the good…

K

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’m pretty content abs have everything I need interns of people, things, but I think I’ve been happier tbh. Earlier in my career, less money , more desire to succeed, more creative adventures, feel like im cruising a bit in the comfort zone sometimes. Time for a conversation with myself and some changes in the new year

By *enuine MikeMan
over a year ago

Guildford

Not really;

Have a dream job, earn a decent wage, mortgage free, decent amount of savings in the bank.

Miss my ex immensly and im in an unhappy place. Would do anything to get her back

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Two sides of a coin? Without those less good times how we we ever recognise happy?

I'll settle for content, happy comes and goes like all the seasons...

By *anuel ducatiMan
over a year ago

leyburn

"

What would make me happy today would be to meet a fwb.

By *dquestCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

Yes, in general

over a year ago

We're absolutely happy together, almost vomit inducing to our friends and family who can't believe it's that good.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Right now I'm totally comfortable with the situation I'm in. Whether I'd feel the same way if I hadn't had such a varied, fulfilling, and reasonably successful life is debatable, but for the moment, I wouldn't change a thing.

By *etguydeeMan
over a year ago

dundee

Can't really say I've been happy for years

Post new Message to Thread