Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

That University.....

Jump to newest

By *ourbonKiss OP   Man
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

I've seen for quite afew years now that Sydney uni are carrying out a study into swinging. My question is..................... Do people still believe the hype and he wary of what they post on sites?... Or.... Is it something that gets glossed over now?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it is a swingers version of an urban myth.

By *ourbonKiss OP   Man
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"I think it is a swingers version of an urban myth."

Tbh, that's what I was thinking

over a year ago

"I've seen for quite afew years now that Sydney uni are carrying out a study into swinging. My question is..................... Do people still believe the hype and he wary of what they post on sites?... Or.... Is it something that gets glossed over now?"

are they, I hadn't noticed

over a year ago

"I've seen for quite afew years now that Sydney uni are carrying out a study into swinging. My question is..................... Do people still believe the hype and he wary of what they post on sites?... Or.... Is it something that gets glossed over now?"

I'd love to read the research. Does anyone know of any papers published online? It would be fascinating to find out what a real study feels about us all.

over a year ago

Load of nonsense!

over a year ago

I have just googled Sydney University+swingers and it only comes up with one article talking modern perceptions of Roman and Greek orgies.

Interestingly, the search also brought up this thread as the 3rd search!!!

It also brought up this article... thank God we dont live in China!!!

BEIJING: Twenty-two swingers have gone on trial in China, charged with ''group licentiousness'' in a case that has highlighted the transformation in the country's sexual attitudes.

The defendants, who include a university professor, company bosses and shop assistants, face up to five years' jail if convicted. They met online and were caught in a police trawl for cases, initiated when a policewoman discussed her enjoyment of orgies on a radio show.

The case has stirred a debate over sexual freedom, with some arguing the law should be scrapped, particularly given that prostitution and extramarital affairs are now common in China.

The maths professor said to have organised events, Ma Xiaohai, 53, said he and the other participants did not know the law existed, Chinese media reported. The last conviction on the charge was 20 years ago.

Advertisement ''Marriage can be like a bowl of water that has to be d*unk. Swapping partners is like a bowl of sweet wine,'' Mr Ma reportedly said.

Prosecutors said he set up an online wife-swapping chatroom that grew to include more than 190 members. He has said he became involved because he was lonely and depressed after his second marriage broke down.

''At first the chatroom discussions were very clean, with most people discussing their marital problems,'' the Procuratorial Daily quoted him as saying.

Fourteen men and eight women are standing trial in Nanjing over 22 encounters. Police said Mr Ma organised 18 of the spouse-swapping events, 14 of them at his home. But he said he stopped three months before the police detained him, due to the ''abnormal'' behaviour of some participants and after several young women turned him down.

''I didn't do anything wrong, and there was no forcing and organising. Why is the whole country picking on me?''

Guardian News & Media

over a year ago

Current courses available at Sydney University include the follwing!

Sexuality and sexual identity.

Human sexuality is a topic of great interest in society, but has been difficult to develop as a research field, outside a narrow biological or medical context. In recent decades, however, sexuality has developed as an important field of research in the social and cultural sciences. Its topics include the social structures shaping sexual practice; the variations between cultures – and within cultures – in practices around intercourse, childbirth and sexual health; sexual violence and exploitation; representations of sexuality in mass media; and the role of sexuality in human development. The practical importance of social research on sexuality, for purposes such as addressing the HIV/AIDS pandemic, are now recognised.

Still being run - and I bet it's quite popular - so although the warning message is as much use as a chocolate firguard, i'm guessing 'students' will still peruse swingers sites looking for research material!

Probably some bigger perves there than on here!

Post new Message to Thread