Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The post that never was

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I write things I intend to post. Then I delete them. Not sure why I do as I have no fear of posting on here but I do none the less.

Do you do this too?

I see a lot of deleted replies to posts cos you can see them too, but do you start a new post, a new thread and then back out?

And yes, I thought about this for a few days, and posted it after writing it a few times

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So glad you put a few days thought into this, the result is epic

By *ustdaveHantsMan
over a year ago

chippenham

Well...... Ermmmmmmm maybe think a bit longer on the next one, find that creative spark because this one was....... Shite.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I write things I intend to post. Then I delete them. Not sure why I do as I have no fear of posting on here but I do none the less.

Do you do this too?

I see a lot of deleted replies to posts cos you can see them too, but do you start a new post, a new thread and then back out?

And yes, I thought about this for a few days, and posted it after writing it a few times "

No I don't do this but if you do that's ok

Keep posting xxx

If you want to start a thread do it ignore the negative comments xx

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Well...... Ermmmmmmm maybe think a bit longer on the next one, find that creative spark because this one was....... Shite. "

This comment could put people off posting

over a year ago

It's not meant to put people off, just saying how I feel at the moment. No reflection on anyone else at all.

It'll pass.

At the moment I'm a bit d*unk. Sorry

over a year ago

I deleted a while load of stuff about social acceptance before I posted that. I'd just love to see the day that everyone could get past that and dismiss any kind of judgement

over a year ago

Yes always deleting before posting. It's those moments when you check what you have written and the logical statement one has made is made nonsensical by the predicted text and spell checker and then you realise what you intended to say was diriculous

over a year ago

Yeah, I didn't read that through

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"It's not meant to put people off, just saying how I feel at the moment. No reflection on anyone else at all.

It'll pass.

At the moment I'm a bit d*unk. Sorry "

over a year ago

"So glad you put a few days thought into this, the result is epic"

Not sure this passive aggressive post is going to encourage anyone to post again... Let's be supportive, shall we?

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Morning OP

Ignore some of the negative comments on here.

I sometimes type out a reply on here and then think..hmmm maybe I’ll not post it. Normally when I’m in a grumpy mood

Hope the hangover isn’t too bad this morning!

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 22/10/21 06:44:47]

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I do it. Sometimes I think it’s just not worth saying it, occasionally I feel someone will pounce on me shouting for blood and who can put up with that drama? and other times I realise I have completely misread the OP - I often don’t read things fully

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I don't write things down and mull over them for days before posting but will admit to sometimes starting to write a response on a thread and then thinking oh I can't explain this very well or I can't be arsed and pressing the back button.

over a year ago

I often type out a response to a thread and then delete before posting as I have realised that the comment is not as helpful as it could of been or that my humour may not be seen as such.

Keep posting OP. All views are welcomed as long as they are respectful and not passive aggressive. They are some amazing supportive people on the forums, and unfortunately some dicks too

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Well...... Ermmmmmmm maybe think a bit longer on the next one, find that creative spark because this one was....... Shite. "

No need for rude comments like this, at all. His post is better by this comment you've made by miles.

over a year ago

I do it all the time. The world is not ready for my unique brand of humour/sickness just yet.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yes I do OP. I'm realising more and more that not everyone shares the same sense of humour/can be quite rude if they don't agree/understand.

On more controversial topics, I try and not do what old Meli did which was get stuck in to a good debate and gleefully point out all the errors/fallacies in their logic. So yes, start typing, think, nope, not got the energy/can't be bothered.

Delete.

over a year ago

"I do it. Sometimes I think it’s just not worth saying it, occasionally I feel someone will pounce on me shouting for blood and who can put up with that drama? and other times I realise I have completely misread the OP - I often don’t read things fully "

There are definitely a few that sit in wait of a good pouncing on here lol.

over a year ago

"Yes I do OP. I'm realising more and more that not everyone shares the same sense of humour/can be quite rude if they don't agree/understand.

On more controversial topics, I try and not do what old Meli did which was get stuck in to a good debate and gleefully point out all the errors/fallacies in their logic. So yes, start typing, think, nope, not got the energy/can't be bothered.

Delete.

"

I totally get this. How many times have I had to point out that I'd said "I think" rather than "the facts are" lol. Opinions are dangerous things.

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"I write things I intend to post. Then I delete them. Not sure why I do as I have no fear of posting on here but I do none the less.

Do you do this too?

And yes, I thought about this for a few days, and posted it after writing it a few times "

I sometimes write a reply and half way through think, can't be bothered.

As lockdown has ended and things are getting back to normal, real time meets slowly resuming and last Saturdays party was like old times, tend to use the forums less and less apart from holiday sites.

Don't be put off by any negative comments, just type away and don't respond to negativity, just feeds oxygen to their post.

Good luck, have fun.

over a year ago

Ignore the negative comments op.

I do this quite often, as I start typing and start thinking about how it might go down.

Nothing wrong with being considered in your approach.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Ignore the negative comments op.

I do this quite often, as I start typing and start thinking about how it might go down.

Nothing wrong with being considered in your approach."

I do this fairly often too

over a year ago

All the time op, for various reasons. The main two are, my ability to rewrite a perfectly good sentence into drivel and the other is the way people read my words and, to use kipling, make a trap for fools.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I do think before I hit the post button, a lot more than what I used to these days too.

People can take what you've said the totally wrong way, some people just trail the forum threads looking for arguments and let's face it, some people can get offended if you say "boo" too loudly.

It's just not worth the hassle/energy to get into debates or to post a controversial comment. I've found that people follow the majority opinion on here and aren't always open minded enough to see other people's opinions.

Often best to 'think plenty, and say nowt'.

Post new Message to Thread