Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Just had a nasty experience...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Took the dogs out, to our local park, never had a bad experience ever, and we live in a small village...so I feel completely safe.

However yobs will rule, and can be found, had a group of 12 16yr-18yr olds just steal one of my dogs for a "laugh" as my other one protected me.

I did stand my ground, and also phoned M, by then with me and my other dog standing her ground, we all have come home.

But god what is the world coming to!!!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

poor thing i hope your ok xxx

over a year ago

How horrible, hope you are ok.

The world is changing thats for sure, when I was younger I remember being taught to be respectful, don't always seem to be the case now

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

God Damn youths! I'm glad all is good now. X

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Well in a small village you will know who they are.. Go round and visit the parents and let them know what the little darlings are up too.

over a year ago

"Took the dogs out, to our local park, never had a bad experience ever, and we live in a small village...so I feel completely safe.

However yobs will rule, and can be found, had a group of 12 16yr-18yr olds just steal one of my dogs for a "laugh" as my other one protected me.

I did stand my ground, and also phoned M, by then with me and my other dog standing her ground, we all have come home.

"

The little bastards.

They would have received a serious good hiding from me...That kind of behaviour seriously gets my blood boiling.

I hope you're all okay now, including your dogs. x

over a year ago

"Well in a small village you will know who they are.. Go round and visit the parents and let them know what the little darlings are up too. "

No unfortunately not as moved here in January!

But thanks to you all, it was a pretty horrible thing, and I felt very scared & unable to defend myself.

I am a strong woman, young, and never faced such an encounter.

I just can't believe their pack mentality, and what they did!

It has definitely put me off going out around here, which is a shame

over a year ago

I can send you a recipe for home made pepper spray, that'll give the little twats something to chew on if they think about it again.

over a year ago

What a terrible thing to happen....

over a year ago

"Took the dogs out, to our local park, never had a bad experience ever, and we live in a small village...so I feel completely safe.

The little bastards.

They would have received a serious good hiding from me...That kind of behaviour seriously gets my blood boiling.

I hope you're all okay now, including your dogs. x"

Yes I am lucky, my lab is a very good guard dog, but 12 to her and they had my other dog was not a good situation...

over a year ago

Sorry to learn of this, unfortunately I imagine there are many here can share a tale alike.

Have you reported it to the police?

over a year ago

I would contact the local police, tell them what happened. It may not help you but could avoid it happening to others, plus if the police are local they generally have ways of finding the culprits, and parents.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

terrible and very scary

hope you all ok

over a year ago

Shows how stupid they are as well, they are lucky the dogs didn't attack them! Glad you're okay xxx

over a year ago

"Well in a small village you will know who they are.. Go round and visit the parents and let them know what the little darlings are up too.

But thanks to you all, it was a pretty horrible thing, and I felt very scared & unable to defend myself.

It has definitely put me off going out around here, which is a shame "

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

that is downright disgusting. hope your all ok now

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

Something to cheer you up..... It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside... I'm not one of those who can easily hide.....

over a year ago

"Sorry to learn of this, unfortunately I imagine there are many here can share a tale alike.

Have you reported it to the police? "

No and also in answer to Laine, I am just shocked by it all, I also know the Police are pretty powerless to do anything. And even if reported, the thugs will continue.

over a year ago

"I would contact the local police, tell them what happened. It may not help you but could avoid it happening to others, plus if the police are local they generally have ways of finding the culprits, and parents."

over a year ago

Hope you ok. These yobs need to be told.

Recently a family near where i live went away but left the teens behind. They had a small party but it was announced on facebook and about 30 more turned up uninvited. Anyway, it was late and I had to be up @ 5 and several of them were making a noise, throwing bottles around and kicking stuff down the road. I told them to shut up and clear off only for two of them to threaten to stab me! (yeah right) after a few minutes of abuse they left. 20 minutes later they returned and were shouting stuff at my window. I ignored them and good job i did because this time they had pint glasses and decided to smash them against the lamppost!

over a year ago

I hope you ok chick total arseholes we call them neds up here wee twats need there baws kicked bring back national service xx

Glad you stood your ground we need more to x

over a year ago

Disgraceful, pepper spray in the pocket for you then.

I am sorry you and your dogs were subjected to such an attack and I do hope all quickly recover.

I know it would make me worry about going out at night.

Fortunately I am still able to roam at will day or night here with my dogs and still feel safe. xxx

By *mileydragonWoman
over a year ago

in the stix

report it no matter what ... god forbid it happens again... but next time someone may get hurt..... or worse. Then you will not feel good about reporting what happened to you. (Glad you are ok though)

over a year ago

And to think they're the next generation that could be running the country! Total assholes. Glad you're ok tho!!!

over a year ago

"Shows how stupid they are as well, they are lucky the dogs didn't attack them! Glad you're okay xxx"

Annoying thing is, had the dogs of attacked in defence then the OP would have been the one answering to the police.

Hope you're all ok, and try not to let a few idiots scare you off going out. A call to the police may still be useful as they may know where these kids congregate and be able to have a word x

over a year ago

Sorry to hear this and I'm glad you are all safe. Youngsters can be a total nightmare these days.

I agree you should inform the police as it's probably not just you they've bothered and there is always a risk their behaviour will escalate.

over a year ago

I have notice over the years being in uk that power has been taken away from people if my kid was doing any if that his arse will be on fire when he gets home and he will go and apologise a country with no discipline, principals, standards seems that basics don't get taught from a early stage by parents well my opinion

over a year ago

God thats awful, but well done you for standing your ground...yes definitely follow the advice above about contacting the police...there might be some cctv around to identify the culprits on xx

By *r Stagger LeeMan
over a year ago

torquay

Shocking, sorry to hear that it happened and glad your safely home.

I would definitely report it though.

See if there a local village facebook page and report it there.

over a year ago

Where I was, in the local park, there is no cctv, I would report , but as I said ansmall village, so they have come from neighbouring villages, as mainly "older" people here.

Re my dogs, one is a guard dog, my lab, but would never bite or harm, as yes I'd be in trouble, plus not in her nature.

But she is still scary enough, the funny thing about it all, I am sat here thinking I tackled them....for my spaniel without thinking of what could have happened to me, as it didn't cross my mind.

I phoned M after a short stand off, not thinking really, just I wanted our dog back!

By *ilk69Man
over a year ago

city.

well done to you, and your dog for protecting you.a big thumps up.

By *penyoureyes2722Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

You need to report it to the police and to your local council representative. There was a group of hoods doing similar activities in my local park. I reported it and patrols were increased by the council workers and staff. the crowd of wee bastards soon got bored and moved on to probably hang round street corners and drink. But you need to make the authorities aware of this behaviour. It sounds like a horrible experience and I hope you are soon able to go back to enjoying a walk with the dogs. X

over a year ago

"Sorry to learn of this, unfortunately I imagine there are many here can share a tale alike.

No and also in answer to Laine, I am just shocked by it all, I also know the Police are pretty powerless to do anything. And even if reported, the thugs will continue. "

You may be surprised, they may already be known and this might be enough to get them into the courts.

Or, this may be their first of possibly many reports on them, either way it is best to report them to the police.

over a year ago

"You need to report it to the police and to your local council representative. There was a group of hoods doing similar activities in my local park. I reported it and patrols were increased by the council workers and staff. the crowd of wee bastards soon got bored and moved on to probably hang round street corners and drink. But you need to make the authorities aware of this behaviour. It sounds like a horrible experience and I hope you are soon able to go back to enjoying a walk with the dogs. X"

The only thing you can do is report it to the police and it will go on record. If they try and do it to someone else and the dog bites them it will add to any case brought. Its a shame youths these days can't amuse themselves in a more productive way.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"Well in a small village you will know who they are.. Go round and visit the parents and let them know what the little darlings are up too.

talk about it in the local pub and shops or church.. other people will know who they are..its best to bring it into the open.. dont be intimidated

over a year ago

What an awful thing to happen.

I would contact the police though. If you're living in a small village then its a good idea to have reports of each episode of antisocial behaviour as the perpetrators will be easily identifiable.

By *atcockleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

Thank god your alright now

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

"Where I was, in the local park, there is no cctv, I would report , but as I said ansmall village, so they have come from neighbouring villages, as mainly "older" people here.

Re my dogs, one is a guard dog, my lab, but would never bite or harm, as yes I'd be in trouble, plus not in her nature.

But she is still scary enough, the funny thing about it all, I am sat here thinking I tackled them....for my spaniel without thinking of what could have happened to me, as it didn't cross my mind.

I phoned M after a short stand off, not thinking really, just I wanted our dog back!

"

= a strong willed woman

over a year ago

I'm afraid my shotgun would of had an airing to these little shits.

Problem is they know that the police/courts are as much use as a holy condom. And they think they can get away with it.

My 9 year old girl was flashed by a young teen. Unfortunatly for him I saw it and put the fear of the lord almighty in him when I told him if I saw him on my street again I'd cut it off and send it to his mum.

It is so sad to see how this country is going.

Hope you and dogs are ok. Leave the lab and hire a couple of Dobermans for a week. See if they still try it.

over a year ago

"You need to report it to the police and to your local council representative. There was a group of hoods doing similar activities in my local park. I reported it and patrols were increased by the council workers and staff. the crowd of wee bastards soon got bored and moved on to probably hang round street corners and drink. But you need to make the authorities aware of this behaviour. It sounds like a horrible experience and I hope you are soon able to go back to enjoying a walk with the dogs. X

The only thing you can do is report it to the police and it will go on record. If they try and do it to someone else and the dog bites them it will add to any case brought. Its a shame youths these days can't amuse themselves in a more productive way. "

The vast majority of District & Borough Councils have a Department/Division that will identify problem areas where anti-socialable behavior occurs and will liaise with the Police and work in tandem with PCSO's who are detailed to rural villages. If no reports are made to the Police or your local Council no case can be made to warrant developing projects to engage with the youth in your particular Village.

over a year ago

Aw man! this is horrible, so glad you got home safely, I feck'n hate bullies

Is the littler dog OK? not all freaked out I hope.

x

over a year ago

Fucking pelt them with your jammy dodgers if they try it again .... most young guys would be intimidated by and run a mile from a grown woman's jammy dodgers!

over a year ago

Julie, I agree with others on here; you should report it, next time it could be worse and if the Police are aware of the issues they're more likely to do something (if there is a) next time. You also may not be the only one this happens to, but could you imagine this happening to an elderly member of your community?

Also, and I'm sure it wasn't said in seriousness but I wouldn't retaliate, particularly with pepper spray or the like as I'm fairly sure it'd be you that'd end up being arrested.

I was sorry to hear this happened though it makes me sad to think that kids of today think its acceptable behaviour. Hope you're ok.

By *icplforbimalebarrowCouple
over a year ago

barrow in furness cumbria

that would do no good as the yobs in this country are running things and the police and parents just stand and watch

over a year ago

"that would do no good as the yobs in this country are running things and the police and parents just stand and watch "

That's a defeatist attitude if ever I saw one.

Not true either, police have their hands tied but with more and more incidents reported on an individual or group makes it easier for them to deal with.

over a year ago

"that would do no good as the yobs in this country are running things and the police and parents just stand and watch "

I live in a small village and the locals all know who's kid is who so take no nonsense and tell them off if they are seen getting up to mischief.

The usual warning is you better get home and tell your mum and dad what you've been up to before I see them. Works like a charm. Plus the police do know the usual suspects and will keep an eye on them when in the area or have a word with the parents, who are usually first to get their kids to 'fess up or point the blame at others.

Either way the police eventually get the culprits, whether from this village or a neighbouring one. Village pride means that the incomers are shown no mercy if they were the perpetrators.

over a year ago

Parents and police need to take back control at least the parents can start a good spanking will not kill the kids my kids still get one good spanking very regular

over a year ago

"that would do no good as the yobs in this country are running things and the police and parents just stand and watch

Parents and police need to take back control at least the parents can start a good spanking will not kill the kids my kids still get one good spanking very regular "

I don't raise my hand to my kids, especially as the youngest is 6'2" and still growing and could swat me like a fly if he so wished.

I did however instill in them discipline and respect.

I still have respect from my kids especially the two who are now adults and I am proud to see my daughter raising my grandson in the same way.

With love, mutual respect, and clearly defined boundaries, Not a slap or a spank. Sorry I see regular physical punishment as counter productive.

By *icplforbimalebarrowCouple
over a year ago

barrow in furness cumbria

yes it is true i grow up in an area where the yobs ruled and the police could do jack about it even with cctv and other evidence all our local officer did was played football with them and the following nite had his car damaged by the yobs

over a year ago

"that would do no good as the yobs in this country are running things and the police and parents just stand and watch

Parents and police need to take back control at least the parents can start a good spanking will not kill the kids my kids still get one good spanking very regular "

Got to wonder if it's working if as you say it's a very regular occurrence.

over a year ago

"Julie, I agree with others on here; you should report it, next time it could be worse and if the Police are aware of the issues they're more likely to do something (if there is a) next time. You also may not be the only one this happens to, but could you imagine this happening to an elderly member of your community?

Also, and I'm sure it wasn't said in seriousness but I wouldn't retaliate, particularly with pepper spray or the like as I'm fairly sure it'd be you that'd end up being arrested.

I was sorry to hear this happened though it makes me sad to think that kids of today think its acceptable behaviour. Hope you're ok. "

+1

Terrible experience, glad you and your dogs are ok x

over a year ago

Think i've said it before somewhere but kids don't buy their own clothes, parents do, so don't buy them a hoody! Or get it printed up with your surname, football player style, that way they can be easily identified by the police just incase you have managed to bring up another member of cast from the jeremy kyle show! Oh yeah and buy it in bright orange!!

over a year ago

Parents and police need to take back control at least the parents can start a good spanking will not kill the kids my kids still get one good spanking very regular

I don't raise my hand to my kids, especially as the youngest is 6'2" and still growing and could swat me like a fly if he so wished.

I did however instill in them discipline and respect.

I still have respect from my kids especially the two who are now adults and I am proud to see my daughter raising my grandson in the same way.

With love, mutual respect, and clearly defined boundaries, Not a slap or a spank. Sorry I see regular physical punishment as counter productive."

over a year ago

There was a similar situation in a town close to where i grew up, kids too young to be prosecuted properly, basically ruling the streets after dark. Eventually some concerned residents paid them a visit, hospitalised the biggest one and told the next biggest "tomorrow is your turn". End of problem.

over a year ago

plzd u stood ur ground n got dogs back in 1 piece ,vry scary ,wen i take my dogs out i take a screech alarm i got free from victim support ,,deafens u ,,

over a year ago

That's very scary. Im glad you got your dog back safely.

over a year ago

Best to report it to the police. they will do something about it. You should be able to go out and not feel intimidated. These people need sorting. My brother in law is in the police and i know what he would do I hope your alright though. Take care x

over a year ago

Thanks for all your messages and advice/sympathy.

I was shaken up, But I will report it today to our local community officer.

By *rDionysusMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Time to purchase a small cam that can record any incidents... Then you have ready made evidence if the fools try it again... Looks good on the local TV news as well!

over a year ago

You really need to report this hunnie, you may be suprised the police may know them or watch out for them now, next person and dog may not be so lucky and god knows the cruelty they may inflict on say, and old person and their pet??? Please please report it. I work with local animal welfair, the thinks ive seen and heard would make you vomit. these assholes need stopping! If your dog bit them you wouldnt get in trouble coz of the situation. Plus her age and breed too. If you need achat orany advice feel free to private message me xx so glad your all safe and steer clear of that park hun xx

over a year ago

"Time to purchase a small cam that can record any incidents... Then you have ready made evidence if the fools try it again... Looks good on the local TV news as well! "

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Those poor poor children, they are the victims of our cruel society. Their parents probably bought them an xbox instead of a ps3... Then you go and scare them with your dogs.....

Seriously report every thing. After a while the council/police will get fed up with the reports and deal with it....

over a year ago

Do you want to borrow my friends Irish Wolfhound? I'd like to see them try to steal him, he's as big as a small horse! And if you say fetch... He'd pick a yob up and carry him around for you.

For those who don't know what an Irish Wolfhound is, do a quick Google Image search. His head is as big as my stomach!!!

over a year ago

"

No and also in answer to Laine, I am just shocked by it all, I also know the Police are pretty powerless to do anything. And even if reported, the thugs will continue. "

You must report it. Whilst no one stands up to them they'll just keep getting away with it. It's typical bully psychology. Its only a small thing but it allows you to Take back the power from them.

over a year ago

"You really need to report this hunnie, you may be suprised the police may know them or watch out for them now, next person and dog may not be so lucky and god knows the cruelty they may inflict on say, and old person and their pet??? Please please report it. I work with local animal welfair, the thinks ive seen and heard would make you vomit. these assholes need stopping! If your dog bit them you wouldnt get in trouble coz of the situation. Plus her age and breed too. If you need achat orany advice feel free to private message me xx so glad your all safe and steer clear of that park hun xx "

Can't contact you because of your filters but I am pretty sure that I would have been in trouble if my lab had bitten one of them.

My lab alerted me straight away that she wasn't happy, she had her heckles up and was growling before I had even seen them.

I put her straight on her lead because I had no doubt she would tackle them.

My cocker I had called back to me but the bastards interjected her.

My oh also said after the event that really if the yobs wanted to hurt our animals that my lab wouldn't have been able to defend herself against them all so we are lucky.

over a year ago

"

No and also in answer to Laine, I am just shocked by it all, I also know the Police are pretty powerless to do anything. And even if reported, the thugs will continue.

You must report it. Whilst no one stands up to them they'll just keep getting away with it. It's typical bully psychology. Its only a small thing but it allows you to Take back the power from them. "

I am going to report it today

over a year ago

"

Did you get your dog back?

Is it ok?

The kids round here are like that but its a bit rough in dudley so you are kind of on guard for it

I had a kid kick my dog once just cause his mate dared him to and we went thro as spell last year of kids shooting cats with BB guns, i had twe cats seriously injured and one killed last year thro this

It is getting really bad now days, when i was a kid i wouldnt have dared acted like that in front of an adult, if they told you dad you'd be in for the high jump, now days you have a word with their parents you get just as bad abuse from them, so is there any wonder kids are the way they are

over a year ago

i agrea but if the dogs had atacked them then it would be the dogs fault not the yobs (the law is an ass) as for knowing them most trouble coused in villiges is done by outsiders not locals so chances are you wouldnt know them

over a year ago

"Time to purchase a small cam that can record any incidents... Then you have ready made evidence if the fools try it again... Looks good on the local TV news as well! "

I wouldn't recommend filming - I've known a situation get violent when a friend tried to film an incident outside a pub on her phone - she was assaulted, the phone smashed and no one was ever charged.

A couple of subtle quick snaps an your phone cam whilst calling M would have been useful for identification purposes for the police - but never put yourself in a situation where they will be tempted to go further to prevent evidence - especially as a lone female!!

I've a friend with a couple of 9 stone Rottweilers - wish I was closer J - a 'group' walk would be interesting if the scumbags are there regularly!!

over a year ago

Glad your ok, but next time Julie first call is to the police , if you live in a small village I garantee the police will already have eyes on these guys.

You and your fella have had a lucky escape, 12 to 2 and you might have taken a few down but they'd soon over power you.

And Obi's right if you'd taken pics or vid the stituation could've got out of hand very quickly.

Don't let the little scum bags put you off going out with the dogs , can't let them win

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

take a walkig stick with you next and belt one or two

By *rDionysusMan
over a year ago

Leeds

With regards to the videos, I was referring to one of the small body cams that can be discreetly worn, but record the evidence with the idiots being aware of it. A bit extreme to some extent but if they never know whether somebody is wearing a cam, they'll leave people alone!

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

What an awful thing to happen. I'm glad you're all ok, BUT its exactly this kind of attitude that let's them continue wreaking havoc on innocent people. Report it to the police.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

i started a post called scum not long ago about this type of behaviour and got lots of messages saying you cant put kids in borstals etc as the little darlings will grow up to be even worse

your sad example prooves my point, pleased your safe

growing up feeling they can do what they want to whoever knowing nobody will punish them

over a year ago

It might be good to go down to the local shops or pub in the village and drop it in. They will likely know who it is. But I would certainly mention it atleast to find out if it's common or not and bring other local people's attention to it.

over a year ago

"

Bring back the birch

hope your all ok

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Bring back the birch

hope your all ok "

your not allowed to birch the darlings it goes against there human rights

mind you i heard a story where a local youth burglar somewhere somehow tripped and fell into the back of a van where he mysteriously lost all of his cloths and was found in mid wales @ 20 miles from the nearest house one winters night

By *ugartitsandhimCouple
over a year ago

North West

Phone out ......take a photo and take it to the police ........ Basta*4ds

By *addy and shaunCouple
over a year ago

goole

over a year ago

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago. His wife had to walk across a playing field from the station to her home, and a group of kids used to shout things at her like "get your tits out" etc and caused her a lot of distress. Knowing how little the police can do in these situations, he came up with an excellent and effective idea. He and his wife disguised themselves a little and walked near the area where the kids were. She identified them and he surreptitiously took pics on his phone. He then printed up a load of posters with their faces and the words "These youths are suspected of carrying out serious sexual assaults and are wanted for questioning. If you know, or recognise any of these youths, please phone Crimestoppers on ......etc"

He stuck them on bus shelters, trees, everywhere he could (anonymously of course), and sent copies to all the department heads of all the local schools.

She was never bothered again

over a year ago

Any one heard if the police have done anything yet?

Funny isn't it how years ago we never had these Asbo things. Mind you years ago if you back chatted an adult you were dragged round to your parents and they sorted you out.

Now days you look at these little toads wrong and next thing your up in court paying them money.

I was attacked years ago in an armed robbery at work.

The kid that did it went to a young a fenders as he couldnt be tried as an adult he was 19 not 21.

Had a message back saying " thanks get to play the xbox all day"

over a year ago

I have reported it, so shall see what happens, but needless to say I shall not be out again after dark, well there anyway.

over a year ago

"I have reported it, so shall see what happens, but needless to say I shall not be out again after dark, well there anyway.

"

Good on you girl xx

I'm sure the dogs wont mind being walked at a different time any way. For yours and their safety xx

over a year ago

"I have reported it, so shall see what happens, but needless to say I shall not be out again after dark, well there anyway.

Good on you girl xx

I'm sure the dogs wont mind being walked at a different time any way. For yours and their safety xx"

Thanks and yes indeed, sure dogs can't tell the time lol xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I don't understand people bringing things like to these forums when the obvious and correct course of action is to contact the police....In the time it took to start this thread a phone call could have been made to the proper authorities.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but how can we expect the police to act if people are more at ease with starting a thread on a swingers forum rather than contact the very organisation we have serving to protect us?

over a year ago

This though can backfire if you're seen to be pointing it at them, they may try to force it from you.

By *orkscrew CurlsWoman
over a year ago

Loughborough Leics

"I can send you a recipe for home made pepper spray, that'll give the little twats something to chew on if they think about it again."

Funnily enough when out walking the dog alone I find a big bag of steaming dog shit a very comforting thing to have!....

I hope these little shits are taught a lesson, and that you and the dogs are ok now.

Post new Message to Thread