Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The big D (not dick)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Depression

I bet theres quite a few of you out there that carry depression around with them like myself. I'm luckily on my way up at the moment after about 5 years of really struggling, i've been at the point where i've not wanted to wake up anymore and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. With the right help and finally getting abit of me time I feel human again, and with the help of this site i'm starting to feel like a woman as opposed to the frumpy useless being I was.

Mu question to you is, has swinging helped with your depression or had the opposite effect?????

I've absolutely loved playing on here for the past few weeks but one little negative has knocked me 10 steps back tk frumpyville.

Sorry i'm rambling bit i'd love to hear your thoughts xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Ramble all you like, nothing good comes from not talking when you feel down.

Overall, this place has neither helped nor hindered. It’s given be a boost at times when I needed one, it’s also pissed me off and made me feel miserable. That said, I’m more than capable of working myself into either state outside of here for any number of reasons.

This is probably obvious, but I’d say this place is best used as a bonus and not a necessity; don’t hang any hopes or related happiness on what may (but possibly won’t) happen here. Take it as an extra to daily life and not an integral part and it’ll probably work for your mood in a positive manner.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Ramble all you like, nothing good comes from not talking when you feel down.

Overall, this place has neither helped nor hindered. It’s given be a boost at times when I needed one, it’s also pissed me off and made me feel miserable. That said, I’m more than capable of working myself into either state outside of here for any number of reasons.

This is probably obvious, but I’d say this place is best used as a bonus and not a necessity; don’t hang any hopes or related happiness on what may (but possibly won’t) happen here. Take it as an extra to daily life and not an integral part and it’ll probably work for your mood in a positive manner."

Im a happily married lady but the confidence boosts ive had off lovely people on here have worked wonders on me and improved all aspects of my life. Its just dangerous when one tiny negative can knock you back down to earth with a bang.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not swinging. I mean I am not so popular in swinging anyway, I have been alone for a year almost.

I have been still suffering from heavy anxiety. I am doing phd and anxiety and depression are very common side effects of the phd.

The thing I do is that I am trying to find new hobbies. For my case, producing something with my hands is the best cure for anxiety and mood swings. For example, currently I have started to learn about mechanical watches. Before that I learned about felting which I am still doing. I can de-charge myself thanks to these kind of stuff.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I don't think it's had any real impact, but I go to some lengths to protect my emotional stability these days so it takes quite a bit to destabilise me.

When I've felt it grate I've taken a time out - I only come here while I'm finding it fun.

At the same time I don't believe compliments paid on here so I've also not found it a particular boost. It's nice when I need a bit of escapism, but it's not my only source of a good time.

It can be entertaining, it can be an energy suck. I take none of it seriously and it suits me to keep it like that.

I'm glad you're on your way out of the black clouds OP and hope that any negativity doesn't knock you down for long.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

swinging as such no the friendships I've made yes no end have helped me, two special ladies in particular have helped me get through my recent batch of depression.

Post new Message to Thread