Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Drink spiking / needle spiking

Jump to newest

By *iamondCougar OP   Woman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Wow! This topic is really picking up pace in the news. I’m pleased it’s quickly been highlighted and the hospitality industry are responding accordingly ( if they don’t people will boycott clubs I hear)

What has this world come to

Make sure you all stay safe ladies x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Wow! This topic is really picking up pace in the news. I’m pleased it’s quickly been highlighted and the hospitality industry are responding accordingly ( if they don’t people will boycott clubs I hear)

Make sure you all stay safe ladies x "

What exactly made the news regarding this?

Sorry, been out of the loop with news in general of late!

over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

There have been incidents of young girls being needle spiked with a drug that literally knocks them out!

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

I've been spiked once.. I have never threw up so much in my life, ended up in hospital for 3 days x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I warned my daughter about this last night.

She started Uni three weeks ago and needs to be alert about this sick act.

By *cplsMan
over a year ago

Nr Waltham

I cannot imagine the fear ladies are experiencing. The law and legal system needs to firm up, too many cases dropped by CPS.

When I was a doorman, there was a spate of jabbing doorman when in a scuffle. The mental anguish was not good but it had no other motive than to hurt/distress.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

There have been several round here more the “traditional” drink spiking as opposed to injecting.

Both men and Women.

over a year ago

It’s an endemic in Plymouth currently

There’s been so many reports of spikes happening around the student bars. Remember spiking doesn’t have to be drugs. If you don’t drink and someone puts alcohol in your drink that’s spiking. I’m glad to see girls and students taking a stand.

over a year ago

It's been happening in Cardiff too

Worried about going out tomorrow night now...

over a year ago

I’ve heard that some of the needle spikers are also using HIV infected needles. I don’t know how true this is.

over a year ago

Absolutely horrific it’s disgusting what people do

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

It’s one thing to protect your drink from someone, easily done, but a needle is a whole different matter.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I had a drink spiked when I was younger...it was horrific having amphetamines in my system but not knowing why I was experiencing those strange sensations. Drink spiking is fairly easy to manage by keeping hold of your drink, but needle spiking is a different ball game entirely...how do you protect yourself from that?

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

This is what I am worried about when my daughter goe's out for drinks with her mate's it's shocking.x

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Spiked so many times in my life. Tends to be quite fun as a lad

Had a few friends spiked and my sister, not so fun as a lass

Keep your drinks close

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I’ve heard that some of the needle spikers are also using HIV infected needles. I don’t know how true this is."

Sounds entirely fabricated to me, like one of those old wives tales

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Spiked so many times in my life. Tends to be quite fun as a lad

Keep your drinks close "

I don't think that the men who were spiked/dr*gged by the Indonesian student r*pist in Manchester found it funny. The guy has been convicted of upward of 200 r*pes and sexual assaults, all on men.

It's not funny at all. It's downright disgraceful.

over a year ago

North West

To add: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-56933294

It is not just women who need to be aware of this terrible crime and need to be aware of how to keep themselves as safe as they can.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Keep your drinks close "

Fun?!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

It is awful and I worry for my son and daughter. What kind of person jags a stranger with a needle or spikes their drinks for fun?. They must be really twisted and evil.

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

And gents....

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Keep your drinks close

Fun?! "

Happens a lot in the rave scene and we always had fun

But as I said, much different for others

Not too sure about this needle spiking either, sounds like a myth to me

over a year ago

See a post yesterday that it’s happened to 3 people in a night club in Edinburg

over a year ago

Society is going to hell in a handbasket

over a year ago

North West

Keep your drinks close

Fun?!

Not too sure about this needle spiking either, sounds like a myth to me "

Are all these individuals lying/deluded then?

https://news.sky.com/story/terrified-women-describe-blackouts-and-sickness-after-suspected-spiked-needle-attacks-12439264

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Keep your drinks close

Fun?!

https://news.sky.com/story/terrified-women-describe-blackouts-and-sickness-after-suspected-spiked-needle-attacks-12439264 "

Probay not, but if you ask 10 people to grab a fence and say it’s electrified, 8/10 of them will feel a shock anyways.

There was a good article written about how the British media loves to use fear to whip people into a frenzy

https://brokenbottleboy.substack.com/p/havin-a-column-syndrome-squid-gaming

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

What leads a man to believe he has the right to drug another human being and have non-concentual sex with them?

One question on my mind is why is it necessary in the first place? Why can't these individuals chat up and entice a woman into their bed willingly?

R*pe is however on the increase globally. One suggestion is that it is a reproductive strategy of low dominance males. If so I wonder if their perception of their own low dominance is a response to greater dominance/ equality of women?

(Poster's note: Please don't go on about victim blaming. I am not doing that I am trying to understand what triggers these abhorent acts of violence in the perpetrators.)

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

I had my drink spiked when I was 19 thankfully my friends saw a man leading me to the door and quickly intervened. As they got me outside the bouncers asked me if I was okay and offered an ambulance but I just wanted to go home the last thing I remember is them 'robustly' removing him from the pub and him 'tripping' on the pavement. Spiking is not fun if my friends hadn't noticed anything could've happened

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Society is going to hell in a handbasket "

It has been for years, this was happening in clubs in 1995, we were all taught never to put drinks down and leave them unattended

By *elkieWoman
over a year ago

Durham

"I’ve heard that some of the needle spikers are also using HIV infected needles. I don’t know how true this is."

Doesn’t matter. If someone gets injected by a needle and they don’t know who did it, you don’t know if it’s a fresh needle and so it has to be treated as HIV/hepatitis exposure like every other unknown needlestick injury. If this happens to someone on a nursing/midwifery degree, it’s got implications for placements. They’re safer taking PEP than not.

By *rincess PhoenixWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"What leads a man to believe he has the right to drug another human being and have non-concentual sex with them?

One question on my mind is why is it necessary in the first place? Why can't these individuals chat up and entice a woman into their bed willingly?

R*pe is however on the increase globally. One suggestion is that it is a reproductive strategy of low dominance males. If so I wonder if their perception of their own low dominance is a response to greater dominance/ equality of women?

(Poster's note: Please don't go on about victim blaming. I am not doing that I am trying to understand what triggers these abhorent acts of violence in the perpetrators.)"

I don't view this as victim blaming.

I've been a victim of r*pe and it is a power thing he was an ex colleague trying to prove his dominance over me - I get satisfaction imagining some great big bloke 'dominating' him in the prison showers!

over a year ago

North West

Keep your drinks close

Fun?!

https://news.sky.com/story/terrified-women-describe-blackouts-and-sickness-after-suspected-spiked-needle-attacks-12439264

Probay not, but if you ask 10 people to grab a fence and say it’s electrified, 8/10 of them will feel a shock anyways.

There was a good article written about how the British media loves to use fear to whip people into a frenzy

https://brokenbottleboy.substack.com/p/havin-a-column-syndrome-squid-gaming"

You have conveniently overlooked the earlier posts on how spiking is definitely not "fun" for men. Do you have any comments on the case of the Indonesian student who spiked/dr*gged hundreds of men and abused them? I don't think they'd find it funny.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Keep your drinks close

Fun?!

You have conveniently overlooked the earlier posts on how spiking is definitely not "fun" for men. Do you have any comments on the case of the Indonesian student who spiked/dr*gged hundreds of men and abused them? I don't think they'd find it funny. "

I find rollercoasters fun. Should we ask someone that lost their leg on one what they thought of it?

Stop picking at straws.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Keep your drinks close

Fun?!

You have conveniently overlooked the earlier posts on how spiking is definitely not "fun" for men. Do you have any comments on the case of the Indonesian student who spiked/dr*gged hundreds of men and abused them? I don't think they'd find it funny. "

I’d be more interested in hearing your thoughts on the needle spiking hype after reading the article?

Amd it’s funny to see how it’s now evolved into HIV spiked needles. The media hype continues.

over a year ago

"What leads a man to believe he has the right to drug another human being and have non-concentual sex with them?

(Poster's note: Please don't go on about victim blaming. I am not doing that I am trying to understand what triggers these abhorent acts of violence in the perpetrators.)"

These individuals don't want a willing partner, they want power and control over them.

And yes agree, increase in sexual assault against women is likely due to the rise of the women that has been happening lately.

over a year ago

It's not just media hype though, there have been reports to the police of people being injected with needles on nights out.

I think it's right to be concerned about this. Poo pooing it as media hype takes away the validity of those with genuine concerns.

over a year ago

North West

Keep your drinks close

Fun?!

You have conveniently overlooked the earlier posts on how spiking is definitely not "fun" for men. Do you have any comments on the case of the Indonesian student who spiked/dr*gged hundreds of men and abused them? I don't think they'd find it funny.

I’d be more interested in hearing your thoughts on the needle spiking hype after reading the article?

Amd it’s funny to see how it’s now evolved into HIV spiked needles. The media hype continues."

I haven't mentioned HIV being involved. However, anyone being jabbed with a needle against their consent in the way being reported should ASSUME that the needle is contaminated with all manner of diseases and get tested etc. If someone picked up litter on the floor and was spiked by a random needle, you'd make the same assumption.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"It's not just media hype though, there have been reports to the police of people being injected with needles on nights out.

I think it's right to be concerned about this. Poo pooing it as media hype takes away the validity of those with genuine concerns. "

To correct, there’s been a few reports of people that think they might have been and 1 girl with a rash on her hands. Experts in the field agree it’s extremely unlikely and that spiking via a drink is what everyone should be looking out for.

The police are doing their jobs by taking every report seriously (even though they haven’t found any evidence yet)

The media are doing what they do best and hyping up the fear.

As my last example, tell 10 people to grab a fence and say it’s electrified and 8/10 will feel a shock.

Print an article saying hiv infected needle spiking is on the rise and every light brush you feel in a crowded pub/club is gonna feel like a needle.

Protect your drinks. That’s number 1. Don’t leave them unattended. Don’t accept opened drinks from strangers. Try to buy drinks with a smaller neck so you can keep the top covered as much as possible.

Sounds like an ideal time to put something in someone’s drink, when they are preoccupied that someone behind them has a needle

over a year ago

North West

"It's not just media hype though, there have been reports to the police of people being injected with needles on nights out.

I think it's right to be concerned about this. Poo pooing it as media hype takes away the validity of those with genuine concerns.

To correct, there’s been a few reports of people that think they might have been and 1 girl with a rash on her hands. Experts in the field agree it’s extremely unlikely and that spiking via a drink is what everyone should be looking out for.

The police are doing their jobs by taking every report seriously (even though they haven’t found any evidence yet)

As my last example, tell 10 people to grab a fence and say it’s electrified and 8/10 will feel a shock.

Print an article saying hiv infected needle spiking is on the rise and every light brush you feel in a crowded pub/club is gonna feel like a needle.

Protect your drinks. That’s number 1. Don’t leave them unattended. Don’t accept opened drinks from strangers. Try to buy drinks with a smaller neck so you can keep the top covered as much as possible.

Sounds like an ideal time to put something in someone’s drink, when they are preoccupied that someone behind them has a needle "

My son's ex was spiked in the student union bar and the only possible source of the dr*g was the bar tender. She'd bought a spirit with mixer, first drink of the evening. Took it straight to a table and sat with my son and a female friend. The drink was never unattended. Before she'd finished the drink, she was paralytic.

The police did not take it seriously. They did not seek CCTV from the bar and my son was left to deal with his girlfriend. He doesn't know if the bar tender is still working there because they refuse to go back (understandably).

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Sounds like an ideal time to put something in someone’s drink, when they are preoccupied that someone behind them has a needle

My son's ex was spiked in the student union bar and the only possible source of the dr*g was the bar tender. She'd bought a spirit with mixer, first drink of the evening. Took it straight to a table and sat with my son and a female friend. The drink was never unattended. Before she'd finished the drink, she was paralytic.

The police did not take it seriously. They did not seek CCTV from the bar and my son was left to deal with his girlfriend. He doesn't know if the bar tender is still working there because they refuse to go back (understandably)."

That’s awful! Last week my friend was spiked and luckily the police did a great job. They managed to trace her entire night via cctv and catch the guy

Can you ask for drinks unopened? Seems there’s no sure fire defence

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Needling has become a big problem in nottingham , a couple of clubs closed recently with girls unconscious.

over a year ago

Sounds like an ideal time to put something in someone’s drink, when they are preoccupied that someone behind them has a needle "

Um no, I don't need correcting!!!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Reading through thread at first I was very at most of your responses but honestly with what you say here I think I agree with you.

It is something that should be investigated and not just ignored, but so far it really is just reports have been made that may be true (I'm not saying they are liars) and the media catches wind of it and then bang there you have it the new thing to panic over.

The media is the master of exaggeration and panic creation. Always doing what they can to manipulate.

Be vigilant, pay attention and be aware of what's going on. But don't let it suddenly become a fear that rules your nights out.

As you say, it may even now make it even easier for drink spiking to take place and used as a feint.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It’s terrifying. I worry for my daughter

over a year ago

North West

The police did not take it seriously. They did not seek CCTV from the bar and my son was left to deal with his girlfriend. He doesn't know if the bar tender is still working there because they refuse to go back (understandably).

That’s awful! Last week my friend was spiked and luckily the police did a great job. They managed to trace her entire night via cctv and catch the guy

Can you ask for drinks unopened? Seems there’s no sure fire defence "

My son has been put off going out, to be honest. He tends to invite people to his flat or go to small gatherings at other people's houses and takes his own drinks.

You would expect the student union bar to be a pretty safe place.

over a year ago

"Experts agree"...what experts? The ones who didn't get an unexpected needle in their body very likely!!

over a year ago

"Needling has become a big problem in nottingham , a couple of clubs closed recently with girls unconscious. "

Is this a load of hype too?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

""Experts agree"...what experts? The ones who didn't get an unexpected needle in their body very likely!! "

Post the article further up

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"It’s terrifying. I worry for my daughter "

Me too, I tell them whatever happens on a night out or at a festival to stay in a group and they can always call me 247 if they need rescuing and they do , they each have contact numbers for each other’s parents and they have a good system in place to make sure no one ever gets separated and they will call when they are scared or really ill , it’s happened once or twice but I’d rather they call and wake me up if scared.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Can you ask for drinks unopened? Seems there’s no sure fire defence

My son has been put off going out, to be honest. He tends to invite people to his flat or go to small gatherings at other people's houses and takes his own drinks.

You would expect the student union bar to be a pretty safe place. "

That’s shame, it’s certainly safer, but it’s not what you want, especially as a student where he’s meant to be having fun and feel safe.

Luckily all the times I was spiked were harmless. I got robbed a few times but nothing major, I was always ok. But my friend at the moment is really struggling. Hearing all the things she’s had to do because she doesn’t remember if she was r@ped or not. It’s horrifying.

I’m just glad the police there followed it up and caught the guy, but that doesn’t really help her mental state

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Reading through thread at first I was very at most of your responses but honestly with what you say here I think I agree with you.

It is something that should be investigated and not just ignored, but so far it really is just reports have been made that may be true (I'm not saying they are liars) and the media catches wind of it and then bang there you have it the new thing to panic over.

The media is the master of exaggeration and panic creation. Always doing what they can to manipulate.

Be vigilant, pay attention and be aware of what's going on. But don't let it suddenly become a fear that rules your nights out.

As you say, it may even now make it even easier for drink spiking to take place and used as a feint. "

Well I appreciate you seeing my point of view

The media fear mongering kills so many

They are responsible for all panic buying. They regularly put stuff out that was anti-vax, they manipulate data and statistics to paint a picture that sells more paper.

I dunno how they get away with it

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Needling has become a big problem in nottingham , a couple of clubs closed recently with girls unconscious.

Is this a load of hype too? "

No about 3 weeks ago , Rock city and rescue rooms closed early when someone got needled, she felt it happen, told someone then lost consciousness and was taken to hospital

over a year ago

North West

"It’s terrifying. I worry for my daughter

Me too, I tell them whatever happens on a night out or at a festival to stay in a group and they can always call me 247 if they need rescuing and they do , they each have contact numbers for each other’s parents and they have a good system in place to make sure no one ever gets separated and they will call when they are scared or really ill , it’s happened once or twice but I’d rather they call and wake me up if scared."

Same. My son knows he can phone me at any hour if he needs help, or any of his friends do.

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

(Poster's note: Please don't go on about victim blaming. I am not doing that I am trying to understand what triggers these abhorent acts of violence in the perpetrators.)

I don't view this as victim blaming.

I've been a victim of r*pe and it is a power thing he was an ex colleague trying to prove his dominance over me - I get satisfaction imagining some great big bloke 'dominating' him in the prison showers! "

Good for you!

By *ugarrainMan
over a year ago

Paisley

Investigation after investigation tends to support the theory that this tends to be hysteria and over consumption of alcohol in the vast majority of cases.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

This has been going on for years, it is nice that something is being done about it.

I can't see people boycotting clubs, if they did there will be others happy to go there.

over a year ago

North West

"Investigation after investigation tends to support the theory that this tends to be hysteria and over consumption of alcohol in the vast majority of cases."

Please cite reliable sources to back up this speculation.

over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Needling has become a big problem in nottingham , a couple of clubs closed recently with girls unconscious.

Is this a load of hype too? "

That report was on the news this morning - I don’t believe it’s hype

over a year ago

Protect your drinks, don’t accept a drink from strangers , don’t do this , don’t do that ….

Always the onus on the women to take action…….

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Protect your drinks, don’t accept a drink from strangers , don’t do this , don’t do that ….

Always the onus on the women to take action……. "

What’s the alternative? Do you think telling women to not be careful and telling bad people to not be bad woukd have a good outcome?

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Is this a load of hype too?

That report was on the news this morning - I don’t believe it’s hype "

Hype doesn't mean its not happening.

Just because it's on the news doesn't mean it's not over exaggerated and made out to be some mass hysteria inducing event.

Neither does it mean that it is being downplayed or should not be taken seriously.

It is about don't take what the news reports as an accurate representation of what is actually happening.

They key is in a lot of words and phrases they use.

The panic buying that the media instigated is proof enough of this.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Protect your drinks, don’t accept a drink from strangers , don’t do this , don’t do that ….

Always the onus on the women to take action……. "

Its not only women that are targeted - yes the majority but plenty of sexual assaults and spiking happen to men too.

This isn't a case of "she was dressed like that, she was asking for it" there are people out there that will cause harm because that's just what they do, everyone regardless should be vigilant about keeping themselves and others safe.

over a year ago

Its not only women that are targeted - yes the majority but plenty of sexual assaults and spiking happen to men too.

This isn't a case of "she was dressed like that, she was asking for it" there are people out there that will cause harm because that's just what they do, everyone regardless should be vigilant about keeping themselves and others safe. "

Everyone should be vigilant but women need to be extra vigilant because we are the main victims in these types of crimes . That is a fact. I won’t pretend to think this equal …… as a female knowing I have to think of 20 other ways to keep myself safe on a night out is down right outrageous ….

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

This isn't a case of "she was dressed like that, she was asking for it" there are people out there that will cause harm because that's just what they do, everyone regardless should be vigilant about keeping themselves and others safe. "

(Round of applause emoji)

It’s like not wearing a seat belt and just telling everyone else to drive safer.

We should all work to keep ourselves safe, eachother safe and to tackle the bad people out there. It’s no one or the other.

By *restonM50Man
over a year ago

preston

Catch the people responsible and lock them up.

People should be free to go out and enjoy there evenings without these sick people

over a year ago

This isn't a case of "she was dressed like that, she was asking for it" there are people out there that will cause harm because that's just what they do, everyone regardless should be vigilant about keeping themselves and others safe.

It’s like not wearing a seat belt and just telling everyone else to drive safer.

We should all work to keep ourselves safe, eachother safe and to tackle the bad people out there. It’s no one or the other. "

But it is one or the other isn’t it ? It is mainly women that are advised with a million different outrageous ways to keep safe , that have to worry more .

That’s like saying my house is on fire - well my house is on fire too , just not right now so we should

Protect all of us and not just you…….

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

A report from BBC radio stated that for any significant reaction to occur, at least half a teaspoon of drug would need to be injected.

If a pin prick is causing black outs and unconsciousness, then it must be some seriously dangerous substance they are you using.

over a year ago

"Wow! This topic is really picking up pace in the news. I’m pleased it’s quickly been highlighted and the hospitality industry are responding accordingly ( if they don’t people will boycott clubs I hear)

And men

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Luckily I’m old and clubbing is a distant memory , I think I’m safe

over a year ago

On a mooch

Everyone should be vigilant but women need to be extra vigilant because we are the main victims in these types of crimes . That is a fact. I won’t pretend to think this equal …… as a female knowing I have to think of 20 other ways to keep myself safe on a night out is down right outrageous …."

Surely it’s second nature, natural instinct and shouldn’t interrupt or ruin your night out thinking about being safe.

By *asilyled1Man
over a year ago

ogmore valley

I can’t fathom what goes on in some peoples minds sometimes. People who do this should be locked up for a very long time. Really does beggar belief

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

We should all work to keep ourselves safe, eachother safe and to tackle the bad people out there. It’s no one or the other.

But it is one or the other isn’t it ? It is mainly women that are advised with a million different outrageous ways to keep safe , that have to worry more .

That’s like saying my house is on fire - well my house is on fire too , just not right now so we should

Protect all of us and not just you…….

"

I’m sorry I just don’t understand what your saying

over a year ago

"

Surely it’s second nature, natural instinct and shouldn’t interrupt or ruin your night out thinking about being safe.

"

Second nature to worry about my safety ? As a female it is yes but only because women and girls are more frequently attacked , assaulted and murdered .

over a year ago

"A report from BBC radio stated that for any significant reaction to occur, at least half a teaspoon of drug would need to be injected.

If a pin prick is causing black outs and unconsciousness, then it must be some seriously dangerous substance they are you using. "

Your first paragraph is what confused me a bit about the report. Half a teaspoon is about 2-3mls. To inject that into somebody would take about 20 seconds or you get backflush. Needles bloody hurt, especially when the person being injected is unaware and may be moving. How do they not notice? Also, the vast majority of drugs (including rohypn*l and barbiturates) are intravenous, not intramuscular. Injecting them into a muscle would have a more limited effect and would almost certainly cause inflammation around the injection site.

over a year ago

"

I’m sorry I just don’t understand what your saying "

No apology needed - sometimes in my angry rants I don’t make much sense lol

over a year ago

North West

We should all work to keep ourselves safe, eachother safe and to tackle the bad people out there. It’s no one or the other. "

Seatbelts apply equally to all genders. No-one reminds only men or only women to use them.

Does anyone see a pattern with men and women should apparently be doing in the same situation, if we listen to a lot of commentators?

Going out jogging....

To a Man: nothing special?!

To a Woman: make sure the route is lit, don't go down any ginnels/alleys, consider asking a friend to come, pack a r@pe alarm etc.

Going clubbing!

To a Man: don't forget your wallet and ID.

To a Woman: is that dress/skirt really suitable? Isn't it a bit short? Make sure you don't walk around alone. Take a friend. Pre-book a taxi home. Send the reg number of the taxi to a trusted friend. Call when you're home. Don't take drinks from anyone. Don't leave your drink unattended.

Being arrested

To a Man: unlucky, pal. Call a solicitor

To a Woman: double check it's REALLY a police officer. Ask for their warrant card. Ask for a video call to another officer. Don't "submit" (whatever the fuck that means)

Driving in your car!

To a Woman: make sure your doors are locked. Put your bag in the boot. Don't stop to help anyone.

And so it goes on...... Why is it that it's always women who have to micro-plan their lives, be hyper vigilant, go around in groups for safety, change what they wear etc?! It's the 21st century for heaven's sake.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"

Second nature to worry about my safety ? As a female it is yes but only because women and girls are more frequently attacked , assaulted and murdered .

"

You might wanna check up the real stats on that befits you throw that around.

Men absolutely take the cake when it comes to victims of violent crime and murders

over a year ago

"

Men absolutely take the cake when it comes to victims of violent crime and murders "

Violent crimes from other males - not females .

The majority of the reports of needling and spiking have been females as the victims …… with a male being arrested in connection…. Go figure

over a year ago

Seatbelts apply equally to all genders. No-one reminds only men or only women to use them.

Does anyone see a pattern with men and women should apparently be doing in the same situation, if we listen to a lot of commentators?

Going out jogging....

To a Woman: make sure the route is lit, don't go down any ginnels/alleys, consider asking a friend to come, pack a r@pe alarm etc.

Going clubbing!

To a Woman: is that dress/skirt really suitable? Isn't it a bit short? Make sure you don't walk around alone. Take a friend. Pre-book a taxi home. Send the reg number of the taxi to a trusted friend. Call when you're home. Don't take drinks from anyone. Don't leave your drink unattended.

Being arrested

To a Woman: double check it's REALLY a police officer. Ask for their warrant card. Ask for a video call to another officer. Don't "submit" (whatever the fuck that means)

Driving in your car!

To a Woman: make sure your doors are locked. Put your bag in the boot. Don't stop to help anyone.

And so it goes on...... Why is it that it's always women who have to micro-plan their lives, be hyper vigilant, go around in groups for safety, change what they wear etc?! It's the 21st century for heaven's sake. "

*standing ovation *

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"

Men absolutely take the cake when it comes to victims of violent crime and murders

The majority of the reports of needling and spiking have been females as the victims …… with a male being arrested in connection…. Go figure "

So the gender of that attack matters?

So if a woman killed a woman it wouldn’t matter?

The attackers gender isn’t relevant. If we are talking about who is at more risk, for violent crime and murder men absolutely take the cake

over a year ago

On a mooch

"

"

That last part I can say doesn’t cross my mind when I go out. The instinct, for me anyway, is from childhood. We are taught don’t talk to strangers, don’t accept food from strangers, don’t get in a strangers car, etc a basic awareness of what is happening or who is around you.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

And so it goes on...... Why is it that it's always women who have to micro-plan their lives, be hyper vigilant, go around in groups for safety, change what they wear etc?! It's the 21st century for heaven's sake. "

What would your alternative be? What’s the answer to that issue? In your opinion

over a year ago

North West

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

And so it goes on...... Why is it that it's always women who have to micro-plan their lives, be hyper vigilant, go around in groups for safety, change what they wear etc?! It's the 21st century for heaven's sake.

What would your alternative be? What’s the answer to that issue? In your opinion "

Send men to a desert island where they can't r@pe or drink spike anyone*

*Tongue in cheek comment

We have to improve the way children are brought up and there's a collective societal responsibility to this. The other week, there was a massive argument on another thread about sex and relationships education in schools and whether it should be compulsory. Until we (society) provide a consistent education and example in these things to children, things won't change.

I hate the fact that I will have to teach my daughter a bunch of stuff I didn't necessarily have to teach my son. It's ridiculous and like something out of the Stone Age, quite frankly.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

What would your alternative be? What’s the answer to that issue? In your opinion

*Tongue in cheek comment

We have to improve the way children are brought up and there's a collective societal responsibility to this. The other week, there was a massive argument on another thread about sex and relationships education in schools and whether it should be compulsory. Until we (society) provide a consistent education and example in these things to children, things won't change.

I hate the fact that I will have to teach my daughter a bunch of stuff I didn't necessarily have to teach my son. It's ridiculous and like something out of the Stone Age, quite frankly. "

That fair, but if I could play devil’s advocate. We’ve been raising and teaching people for a long time that stealing is bad. Murder is bad. Fighting is bad. Stuff like this is even written in the bible. Stealing is one of the 10th commandments.

Yet stealing still happens. Daily. More than almost any crime I bet.

Do you feel well ever reach a place where women can just go out without a care in the world, take no safety precautions and be ok?

Can men do that now?

I understand what your saying, I just don’t think it’s practical. I feel like there’s always going to be bad people. And wanting to live in a world where we can do away with all aspects of keeping yourself safe is naive

over a year ago

North West

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

*Tongue in cheek comment

I hate the fact that I will have to teach my daughter a bunch of stuff I didn't necessarily have to teach my son. It's ridiculous and like something out of the Stone Age, quite frankly.

That fair, but if I could play devil’s advocate. We’ve been raising and teaching people for a long time that stealing is bad. Murder is bad. Fighting is bad. Stuff like this is even written in the bible. Stealing is one of the 10th commandments.

Do you feel well ever reach a place where women can just go out without a care in the world, take no safety precautions and be ok?

Can men do that now?

I understand what your saying, I just don’t think it’s practical. I feel like there’s always going to be bad people. And wanting to live in a world where we can do away with all aspects of keeping yourself safe is naive "

It's the disparity in the manner in which society seems to regard men and women's safety (see my hypothetical scenarios above). It's obvious that men and women are open to becoming victims of some sort of crime. My son was violently assaulted on a bus last November for "looking at someone" the wrong way. Fortunately, the culprit was caught and convicted (to a referral order, so a wrist slap). My Dad had his bag stolen from his house.

However, society doesn't say things to people like my son such as "maybe if you'd worn something different, it wouldn't have happened." "You shouldn't have sat on the top deck, always sit near the driver" but they say it to women all the time.

They don't say to my Dad "keep a r@pe alarm near the bed in case a burglar gets ideas above your bag" but things like that are suggested to women. "Did she know the burglar? Did she invite him in [maybe for sex ]" Etc. To my Dad, they just say "bad luck mate, have you thought about CCTV?"

By *uxuriantCouple
over a year ago

Sometimes Here, Sometimes There

I (Mrs Lux) had my drink spiked in Cap d’agde this summer just gone. One minute fine, the next I could barely walk. Mr Lux had to help me back to the apartment. Well carry really. I’ve never been so terribly sick and Only semi conscious of what was going on for a couple of hours. Very scary, and still puzzled as to how it was done.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

*Tongue in cheek comment

Can men do that now?

I understand what your saying, I just don’t think it’s practical. I feel like there’s always going to be bad people. And wanting to live in a world where we can do away with all aspects of keeping yourself safe is naive

It's the disparity in the manner in which society seems to regard men and women's safety (see my hypothetical scenarios above). It's obvious that men and women are open to becoming victims of some sort of crime. My son was violently assaulted on a bus last November for "looking at someone" the wrong way. Fortunately, the culprit was caught and convicted (to a referral order, so a wrist slap). My Dad had his bag stolen from his house.

However, society doesn't say things to people like my son such as "maybe if you'd worn something different, it wouldn't have happened." "You shouldn't have sat on the top deck, always sit near the driver" but they say it to women all the time.

They don't say to my Dad "keep a r@pe alarm near the bed in case a burglar gets ideas above your bag" but things like that are suggested to women. "Did she know the burglar? Did she invite him in [maybe for sex ]" Etc. To my Dad, they just say "bad luck mate, have you thought about CCTV?""

That’s an issue with the speech used, but what about the actual safety we were talking about?

Maybe men in society are seen as more able to handle themselves? Maybe it’s because men are seen as more disposable than women?

So you don’t like the “safety advice” given around to women. If that went away would you be happy with the current situation? Do you think it would help?

When I think about it, I got a lot of that safety info as a kid. But it stopped pretty quickly as I got into my teens. Where as my sisters continued to get it. I’ve been randomly assaulted and asked “what I did to upset them”. I also got turned away from the police who refused to look into it because I was d*unk when it happened, despite the fact I needed 3 surgeries to fix the damage and multiple security guys saw it

I guess I’m just wondering what it is you want? What’s the solution? Obviously a crime free society would be nice, but realistically?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

*Tongue in cheek comment

Can men do that now?

They don't say to my Dad "keep a r@pe alarm near the bed in case a burglar gets ideas above your bag" but things like that are suggested to women. "Did she know the burglar? Did she invite him in [maybe for sex ]" Etc. To my Dad, they just say "bad luck mate, have you thought about CCTV?"

That’s an issue with the speech used, but what about the actual safety we were talking about?

Maybe men in society are seen as more able to handle themselves? Maybe it’s because men are seen as more disposable than women?

So you don’t like the “safety advice” given around to women. If that went away would you be happy with the current situation? Do you think it would help?

When I think about it, I got a lot of that safety info as a kid. But it stopped pretty quickly as I got into my teens. Where as my sisters continued to get it. I’ve been randomly assaulted and asked “what I did to upset them”. I also got turned away from the police who refused to look into it because I was d*unk when it happened, despite the fact I needed 3 surgeries to fix the damage and multiple security guys saw it

I guess I’m just wondering what it is you want? What’s the solution? Obviously a crime free society would be nice, but realistically?"

Yes realistically, Dubai is totally crime free and everyone respects each other and property, there’s no litter anywhere and guys who don’t know each other regularly chat to each other on the metro and offer each other seats, this never happens in London. Women feel totally safe and aren’t repressed or 2nd class citizens as some would have you believe.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

*Tongue in cheek comment

Can men do that now?

I guess I’m just wondering what it is you want? What’s the solution? Obviously a crime free society would be nice, but realistically?

Yes realistically, Dubai is totally crime free and everyone respects each other and property, there’s no litter anywhere and guys who don’t know each other regularly chat to each other on the metro and offer each other seats, this never happens in London. Women feel totally safe and aren’t repressed or 2nd class citizens as some would have you believe. "

How have they done that? Very strict laws I imagine

I’ve read that China is the same but that’s because everyone’s monitored and tracked and punishments for crimes are insane.

You have enough of a deterrent and the resources to catch everyone and suddenly crime goes away (mostly)

over a year ago

I remember being warned away from nightclubs in Birmingham saying people walked around with needles of hiv. This is over 20 yrs ago now. I always thought it was a bit of an urban myth, but Im fairly sure I have had my drink spiked, just getting home from a club before feeling to ill to stay awake or even move for days. Lives always have to be lived with one eye on unnecessary dangers. It is tiresome. To put it mildly.

over a year ago

North West

"

Yes realistically, Dubai is totally crime free and everyone respects each other and property, there’s no litter anywhere and guys who don’t know each other regularly chat to each other on the metro and offer each other seats, this never happens in London. Women feel totally safe and aren’t repressed or 2nd class citizens as some would have you believe. "

UAE has a terrible human rights record.

Extramarital sex is illegal, and if the sex is not consensual, the woman is still punished.

Domestic violence is legal because of the duality with Islamic law, which permits a husband to chastise/discipline his wife.

Men can unilaterally divorce their wives but women cannot do the same. Women only have custody of their children legally until age 11 (boys) or 13 (girls) and after those ages, only a father has custody. In the case of divorce, custody is usually given wholly to the father.

Abortion is illegal in pretty much all cases. So women can effectively be forced to give birth of they don't want to. Contraception is only available to married women.

Women need a male guardian's permission to marry.

Outside of women's rights, foreign workers are entirely at the mercy of their employer and are not free to leave employment without the employer's say so. Passports are often confiscated. Mistreatment of foreign domestic workers is commonplace.

Homosexuality is illegal and punishable by death. Kissing in public or some types of affection towards a partner are also illegal.

Apostasy is illegal and punishable by death.

It's one of the better Islamic law countries but it's certainly not great. Sheikh Maktoum doesn't have the best reputation, let's face it. So, it's great to be a man in Dubai, certainly.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

*Tongue in cheek comment

Can men do that now?

Yes realistically, Dubai is totally crime free and everyone respects each other and property, there’s no litter anywhere and guys who don’t know each other regularly chat to each other on the metro and offer each other seats, this never happens in London. Women feel totally safe and aren’t repressed or 2nd class citizens as some would have you believe.

How have they done that? Very strict laws I imagine

I’ve read that China is the same but that’s because everyone’s monitored and tracked and punishments for crimes are insane.

You have enough of a deterrent and the resources to catch everyone and suddenly crime goes away (mostly)"

There are strict rules / fines for small things like eating, drinking, smoking, chewing gum and it works. It’s not overly monitored but the signs are very visible , people choose to keep the place nice because it’s so refreshing to have such a clean and nice environment. Your behaviour does change in that environment when you see the benefits and are very much in the minority if you choose to break the rules, you become compliant. Just like in a school if you are super strict on the little things and reset the boundary of what’s acceptable, rebellious behaviour becomes milder and things like being d*unk/high/half naked in public or assaults tend to disappear on their own because they are way outside normal. So you lose a bit of individuality for the greater good of safety and comfort

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

Extramarital sex is illegal, and if the sex is not consensual, the woman is still punished.

Domestic violence is legal because of the duality with Islamic law, which permits a husband to chastise/discipline his wife.

Men can unilaterally divorce their wives but women cannot do the same. Women only have custody of their children legally until age 11 (boys) or 13 (girls) and after those ages, only a father has custody. In the case of divorce, custody is usually given wholly to the father.

Abortion is illegal in pretty much all cases. So women can effectively be forced to give birth of they don't want to. Contraception is only available to married women.

Outside of women's rights, foreign workers are entirely at the mercy of their employer and are not free to leave employment without the employer's say so. Passports are often confiscated. Mistreatment of foreign domestic workers is commonplace.

Homosexuality is illegal and punishable by death. Kissing in public or some types of affection towards a partner are also illegal.

It's one of the better Islamic law countries but it's certainly not great. Sheikh Maktoum doesn't have the best reputation, let's face it. So, it's great to be a man in Dubai, certainly.

"

Have you ever lived there or know any women that do , or read any of Maktoums books on how much he loves the people and what he does for them over 30-40 years ? It’s very easy to get a view from MSM but the Emiretti and other women I know in Dubai are happy there and fear trips to London , and when they do come avoid the underground or going out at night

over a year ago

Its absolutely disgusting i just really worry what the world will be in 30 years from now.

My apprentice was jabbed in nottingham 2 weeks ago and has no recall of the evening, its just lucky she was with friends who took her home.

Its a scary world im just glad i live rurally and socialise rurally i dont even go into derby city center shopping anymore.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I've been watching this issue pick up pace and it's definitely a massive concern for all.

Women taking precautions to protect themselves, not leaving their drinks unattended etc. Protecting each other. Men watching out for their friends.

Even when all that is being considered this is still happening on a large scale.

Jeez women actually being injected on a night out...the drug being out of their system before they can be examined. Someone is going to end up dying from it!

No one knows of anothers medical history when administering this. This is a sad and dangerous time, especially for young people.

I hope the full weight of the lawn is used in punishment for those found guilty!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"

The majority of the reports of needling and spiking have been females as the victims …… with a male being arrested in connection…. Go figure "

Whatever the gender of the victim, the vast majority of the perpetrators of violent crime are male. Sort it out the same way as you calm down a tom cat - castration. First offence, hormone treatment to reduce testosterone levels, reduce violent impulses, reduce sexual urges. Repeated offence, surgical castration.

Maybe even before first offence, anyone exhibiting violent tendencies to be fitted with a subcutaneous tracking chip.

No doubt lots of bleating about taking away freedom from men, but it would actually give back freedom to millions of women.

over a year ago

"I've been watching this issue pick up pace and it's definitely a massive concern for all.

Women taking precautions to protect themselves, not leaving their drinks unattended etc. Protecting each other. Men watching out for their friends.

Even when all that is being considered this is still happening on a large scale.

Jeez women actually being injected on a night out...the drug being out of their system before they can be examined. Someone is going to end up dying from it!

No one knows of anothers medical history when administering this. This is a sad and dangerous time, especially for young people.

I hope the full weight of the lawn is used in punishment for those found guilty!"

Where did you get this bit from "the drug being out of their system before they can be examined." I'd be interested to read up on it.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"

The majority of the reports of needling and spiking have been females as the victims …… with a male being arrested in connection…. Go figure

Whatever the gender of the victim, the vast majority of the perpetrators of violent crime are male. Sort it out the same way as you calm down a tom cat - castration. First offence, hormone treatment to reduce testosterone levels, reduce violent impulses, reduce sexual urges. Repeated offence, surgical castration.

Maybe even before first offence, anyone exhibiting violent tendencies to be fitted with a subcutaneous tracking chip.

No doubt lots of bleating about taking away freedom from men, but it would actually give back freedom to millions of women."

Haha they don’t even do that with paedophiles and r@pists. This country’s a joke. Bring back proper punishment. Human rights my arse

over a year ago

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

*Tongue in cheek comment

Can men do that now?

They don't say to my Dad "keep a r@pe alarm near the bed in case a burglar gets ideas above your bag" but things like that are suggested to women. "Did she know the burglar? Did she invite him in [maybe for sex ]" Etc. To my Dad, they just say "bad luck mate, have you thought about CCTV?""

The logical answer to that then is to stop telling women that they need to take care everywherethey go and treat them the same as men. If the language used to potential and actual victims reflected the crimes committed we would be telling our sons to be careful who they glance at while out drinking, and how to control their face so that they don't accidentally look aggressive and telling our daughters not to ever trust a boyfriend/father/uncle/male celebrity/male colleague.

The reality is we hype up stranger danger to women until some believe that walking down the street at night is tantamount to asking to be murdered while men are twice as likely to suffer this fate.

Meanwhile no one says what we should be teaching young girls is how to recognise the start of abuse in a relationship and how to get out, how to ignore their heart and walk away. If we put a much effort into scarring girls about boyfriend danger as we do about stranger danger we might see an effect.

It honestly amazes me that one single woman is murdered by a police officer using false arrest (and yes, this is disgusting and terrifying) but we then get told that women are responsible for checking out their arresting officer as though this is going to save loads of lives and not just make constables jobs so much harder. Meanwhile, a few HUNDRED women are murdered each year by current or former partners and no one is suggesting that schools offer classes on how to recognise controlling and abusive behaviour, how to have the self worth and self belief to end this before it gets to murder?

Thanks for posting that link about the media hype Thick - though I think you're fighting a losing battle, outrage and fear are far bigger drivers for most than sense and facts.

Mr

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"I've been watching this issue pick up pace and it's definitely a massive concern for all.

I hope the full weight of the lawn is used in punishment for those found guilty!"

Anyone found to be jabbing people with needles, the crime should be treated as at least actual bodily harm, scaling up towards attempted murder. Something like a minimum mandatory sentence of ten years, going up to twenty five without parole for multiple offences.

All types of lesser assault to carry custodial sentences.

Absolute minimum penalty for violent behavior to include implantation of subcutaneous tracker/transponder. This could be used to enforce exclusion from pubs, clubs, events etc.

Basically, once somebody is found to have violent tendencies, actively prevent that person from being able to carry out any assaults on others.

over a year ago

North West

"

Have you ever lived there or know any women that do , or read any of Maktoums books on how much he loves the people and what he does for them over 30-40 years ? It’s very easy to get a view from MSM but the Emiretti and other women I know in Dubai are happy there and fear trips to London , and when they do come avoid the underground or going out at night "

I have not personally visited the UAE but I teach students at an international college, and we have a sizeable group from UAE (male and female). I've dealt with the gay male students who live in fear for expressing their sexuality and from the females who are receiving an education at tertiary level only so that they are a better prospect on the marriage market. Who are expected to marry by a certain age, whether or not they want to, and to the person of their parents (mainly father's) choosing.

UAE might be lovely for the expats who keep to the rules on sex, drinking, drugs etc, but I'm pretty sure you don't see the true situation for the locals or the migrant domestic workers.

over a year ago

North West

Any Sheikh Maktoum can write whatever he likes in a book. How things play out in his emirate is perhaps a better indicator? Perhaps we should ask his daughters?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"

No doubt lots of bleating about taking away freedom from men, but it would actually give back freedom to millions of women.

Haha they don’t even do that with paedophiles and r@pists. This country’s a joke. Bring back proper punishment. Human rights my arse "

Exactly right, convicted paedophiles and r@pists should never be given any chance to commit those crimes again. Either sit in jail forever, or have the nuts removed and be fitted with a tracker.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"

No doubt lots of bleating about taking away freedom from men, but it would actually give back freedom to millions of women."

Great idea. Same with contraception, give them all a vasectomy

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I love that we can all have a funny and entertaining conversation about putting tracking Chips in men, forcing hormone treatment on them and chopping off their balls

Proper fun that

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Going out jogging....

Going clubbing!

Being arrested

Driving in your car!

*Tongue in cheek comment

Can men do that now?

The logical answer to that then is to stop telling women that they need to take care everywherethey go and treat them the same as men. If the language used to potential and actual victims reflected the crimes committed we would be telling our sons to be careful who they glance at while out drinking, and how to control their face so that they don't accidentally look aggressive and telling our daughters not to ever trust a boyfriend/father/uncle/male celebrity/male colleague.

The reality is we hype up stranger danger to women until some believe that walking down the street at night is tantamount to asking to be murdered while men are twice as likely to suffer this fate.

Meanwhile no one says what we should be teaching young girls is how to recognise the start of abuse in a relationship and how to get out, how to ignore their heart and walk away. If we put a much effort into scarring girls about boyfriend danger as we do about stranger danger we might see an effect.

It honestly amazes me that one single woman is murdered by a police officer using false arrest (and yes, this is disgusting and terrifying) but we then get told that women are responsible for checking out their arresting officer as though this is going to save loads of lives and not just make constables jobs so much harder. Meanwhile, a few HUNDRED women are murdered each year by current or former partners and no one is suggesting that schools offer classes on how to recognise controlling and abusive behaviour, how to have the self worth and self belief to end this before it gets to murder?

Thanks for posting that link about the media hype Thick - though I think you're fighting a losing battle, outrage and fear are far bigger drivers for most than sense and facts.

Mr"

Wow. Great response.

The part about what we do tell women to do to keep safe vs what we should do if we looked at things from a statistical point instead of fear mongering.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I hope the full weight of the lawn is used in punishment for those found guilty!

Where did you get this bit from "the drug being out of their system before they can be examined." I'd be interested to read up on it. "

It was all over LBC radio. By the time they realised what has happened and sought medical advice it was too late

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"

Haha they don’t even do that with paedophiles and r@pists. This country’s a joke. Bring back proper punishment. Human rights my arse

Exactly right, convicted paedophiles and r@pists should never be given any chance to commit those crimes again. Either sit in jail forever, or have the nuts removed and be fitted with a tracker."

I agree Polly. The villain is often seen too much as the victim these days in my opinion.

over a year ago

North West

"I love that we can all have a funny and entertaining conversation about putting tracking Chips in men, forcing hormone treatment on them and chopping off their balls

Proper fun that

"

Its being mentioned in the context of male perpetrators of sexual and other serious crime, not as a general rule. Apparently we should be looking to China and UAE as examples. They have the death penalty for things like disagreeing with the ruling organisation; being gay or not believing in God.

over a year ago

"It is awful and I worry for my son and daughter. What kind of person jags a stranger with a needle or spikes their drinks for fun?. They must be really twisted and evil."

That's EXACTLY what they are Bell..really twisted and evil..

over a year ago

North West

Where did you get this bit from "the drug being out of their system before they can be examined." I'd be interested to read up on it.

It was all over LBC radio. By the time they realised what has happened and sought medical advice it was too late "

GHB and rohypn0l have very short half life, so they are broken down by the body and cannot be identified after a period of only a few hours post administration. Unless a victim seeks medical advice quickly, it is correct that the use of such drugs cannot be proven biochemically.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

It was all over LBC radio. By the time they realised what has happened and sought medical advice it was too late

GHB and rohypn0l have very short half life, so they are broken down by the body and cannot be identified after a period of only a few hours post administration. Unless a victim seeks medical advice quickly, it is correct that the use of such drugs cannot be proven biochemically. "

Damn I never knew it was so short?!? That’s crazy, must make detection so difficult

Makes me wonder how many people report bring spiked and get told “are you sure you didn’t drink too much”.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

There were incidents over a decade ago of needles being placed in the buttons of pedestrian crossings when I lived in Cardiff. So I guess this isn't new neither are needles being left in kids playgrounds.

This doesn't mean this isn't alarming it is. I have had a needle stick injury and I knew it had happened as soon as it pierced my skin. Hopefully now that there is more awareness if this was to happen, people would be more aware of what had just happened and it'll put people off from trying.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

GHB and rohypn0l have very short half life, so they are broken down by the body and cannot be identified after a period of only a few hours post administration. Unless a victim seeks medical advice quickly, it is correct that the use of such drugs cannot be proven biochemically. "

If I remember rightly a 6 hour window was given!

over a year ago

wtf, these perpetrators need to be reprimanded and dealt with properly (the Law is far too lenient with some of these indespicable peeps)...

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I was out with friends 21 years ago in Cardiff. I was lucky to have been with vigilant people. One of them spotted my lemonade getting spiked and it was practically thrown across the room to stop me drinking it.

The reason they were being so vigilant? I wasn't feeling too great and they were all keeping an extra close eye on me. I was pregnant. It was blatantly obvious I was pregnant too.

It saddens me that spiking is on the rise, well, it saddens me that it even occurs at all.

You know, we speak of it.. "it's only a matter of time before someone dies" and that's very true indeed. What breaks my heart is plenty of the victims will be wishing they had.

over a year ago

North West

GHB and rohypn0l have very short half life, so they are broken down by the body and cannot be identified after a period of only a few hours post administration. Unless a victim seeks medical advice quickly, it is correct that the use of such drugs cannot be proven biochemically.

Damn I never knew it was so short?!? That’s crazy, must make detection so difficult

Makes me wonder how many people report bring spiked and get told “are you sure you didn’t drink too much”."

GHB is eliminated from blood plasma within about an hour and is then detectable in urine for maybe 5-10hrs post administration?

Rohypn0l is longer, elimination half life of 10-15hrs and not detectable in urine after 2-3 days.

If someone is spiked on a Friday, spends Saturday trying to get their head together and Sunday agonising over what to do, by Monday, nothing can be detected. A very plausible scenario.

over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Makes me wonder how many people report bring spiked and get told “are you sure you didn’t drink too much”.

GHB is eliminated from blood plasma within about an hour and is then detectable in urine for maybe 5-10hrs post administration?

Rohypn0l is longer, elimination half life of 10-15hrs and not detectable in urine after 2-3 days.

If someone is spiked on a Friday, spends Saturday trying to get their head together and Sunday agonising over what to do, by Monday, nothing can be detected. A very plausible scenario. "

It’s all very scary isn’t it in my teenage years spiking meant someone me dropped a vodka shot in your drink! No taste so undetected. Nowadays it’s tabs or needles

over a year ago

I think my drink was spiked when i was 19..i had just arrived in a club after working in a bar all night (totally sober).. Ordered a g+t and started drinking it and then i was surrounded by 6 guys, really close, crowding me and staring at me.. One of them reached out and grasped my breast.. I slapped one of them around the face in a super slow-mo fog and they all started laughing. It was like i was wasted - i don't remember anything after the laughter, but i woke up at home, i think i got out

How the hell do you protect yourself from a needle?

over a year ago

If someone is spiked on a Friday, spends Saturday trying to get their head together and Sunday agonising over what to do, by Monday, nothing can be detected. A very plausible scenario. "

But can either be administered IM such that the victim drops unc@nscious to the floor? I don't think anyone is questioning that spiking happens - or even that occasionally a nutter will leave needles/razor blades as booby traps. The question is whether there is any truth in the hype that people are being unwittingly dr@gged by an unnoticed IM injection in a new nationwide craze?

Mr

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

If someone is spiked on a Friday, spends Saturday trying to get their head together and Sunday agonising over what to do, by Monday, nothing can be detected. A very plausible scenario.

But can either be administered IM such that the victim drops unc@nscious to the floor? I don't think anyone is questioning that spiking happens - or even that occasionally a nutter will leave needles/razor blades as booby traps. The question is whether there is any truth in the hype that people are being unwittingly dr@gged by an unnoticed IM injection in a new nationwide craze?

Mr"

As someone that injects often, I seriously doubt it.

over a year ago

I would have thought that a needle would have to inject into a blood supply rather than a muscle, surely injecting a drug into a muscle or soft tissue will have little effect.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Mr

As someone that injects often, I seriously doubt it."

People are being injected and becoming completely out if it. It is not until they notice the point where they've been injected that they have even known. Now more people are looking for the evidence as it becomes more prevalent and therefore known about.

Is there any truth in it!

Ask that to those that have experienced it, there are a growing number of them. If a needle is fine enough it doesn't hurt and is probably bearly noticeable amidst the hustle and bustle of a night out.

over a year ago

There really is some sick bastards in the world anyone caught doing it should be treated as attempted murder because realisticly it can only be so long untill some one has a reaction to what they have been injected with and dies.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Keep your drinks close

Fun?!

Amd it’s funny to see how it’s now evolved into HIV spiked needles. The media hype continues."

Trust me on this… media hype has nothing to do with it and when someone posts a thread about it with a message to stay safe… the “it’s fun” comment on any context is naive at best

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Mr

People are being injected and becoming completely out if it. It is not until they notice the point where they've been injected that they have even known. Now more people are looking for the evidence as it becomes more prevalent and therefore known about.

Is there any truth in it!

Ask that to those that have experienced it, there are a growing number of them. If a needle is fine enough it doesn't hurt and is probably bearly noticeable amidst the hustle and bustle of a night out. "

I’ve posted my thoughts on it above along with an article where some experts outlined their thoughts on it so I won’t bother again. I just seriously doubt it’s happening outside of a very isolated case

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Mr"

Some experts say it's highly improbable.

I kinda hope that is true.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

"I think my drink was spiked when i was 19..i had just arrived in a club after working in a bar all night (totally sober).. Ordered a g+t and started drinking it and then i was surrounded by 6 guys, really close, crowding me and staring at me.. One of them reached out and grasped my breast.. I slapped one of them around the face in a super slow-mo fog and they all started laughing. It was like i was wasted - i don't remember anything after the laughter, but i woke up at home, i think i got out

How the hell do you protect yourself from a needle? "

got drink spiked last year, realised there was a slight taste and put it back down, like you say a guy was watching me too close, chatting but watching me, if you know what i mean, he said him and a couple of mates were going down road did i want to come.... i got out of bar and made it back to hotel (100m) knowing i was going to collapse any minute, then i was out out, solid, woke up dribble on pillow out, and i never sleep like that. Id only had one alcoholic drink all evening rest was water

over a year ago

North West

Mr

As someone that injects often, I seriously doubt it."

Ketamine can be administered IM and will have the sedating and disassociative properties of the other drugs I mentioned. It's perfectly plausible.

over a year ago

Wow, i just read my local bar is offering (paper) drink covers and on premises drink testing kits to all customers (and other local bars)

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Spiking anyone in any form is wrong and disgusting

This is not fun even in raving days it could go wrong you could become seriously ill or maimed for life

over a year ago

North West

"I would have thought that a needle would have to inject into a blood supply rather than a muscle, surely injecting a drug into a muscle or soft tissue will have little effect."

Depends entirely on the substance being administered. Some drugs are very fast acting via the IM route. Think EpiPen, for example. The adrenaline is given into the muscle of the thigh and can act in minutes. IV administration is not required for many drugs. Indeed, IV route might be fatal for many drugs.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Mr

Ketamine can be administered IM and will have the sedating and disassociative properties of the other drugs I mentioned. It's perfectly plausible. "

Partially true. IM ket requires about 5x more product and takes about 5 mins to kick in. We always considered any thing other that IV a waste

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

As someone who has been experienced being spiked it's not 'fun' or 'funny' just downright scary, losing hours and waking up having no recollection of the previous night is mentally damaging let alone the physical damage it could have done. I was fortunate to have been with friends who made sure I was ok and got home, I hate to think what would have happened had they not been aware.

over a year ago

Mr

Ketamine can be administered IM and will have the sedating and disassociative properties of the other drugs I mentioned. It's perfectly plausible. "

And is it undetectable after? I've seen ketamine being administered several times, it wasn't a quick undetectable scratch.

Mr

over a year ago

"I would have thought that a needle would have to inject into a blood supply rather than a muscle, surely injecting a drug into a muscle or soft tissue will have little effect.

Depends entirely on the substance being administered. Some drugs are very fast acting via the IM route. Think EpiPen, for example. The adrenaline is given into the muscle of the thigh and can act in minutes. IV administration is not required for many drugs. Indeed, IV route might be fatal for many drugs. "

Yes but IM tends to be slower and less effective? I'm qualified to administer morphine IM but not IV - it is recognised that this is safer, though slower and less effective than IV for non HCP's

Mr

over a year ago

North West

"I would have thought that a needle would have to inject into a blood supply rather than a muscle, surely injecting a drug into a muscle or soft tissue will have little effect.

Depends entirely on the substance being administered. Some drugs are very fast acting via the IM route. Think EpiPen, for example. The adrenaline is given into the muscle of the thigh and can act in minutes. IV administration is not required for many drugs. Indeed, IV route might be fatal for many drugs.

Yes but IM tends to be slower and less effective? I'm qualified to administer morphine IM but not IV - it is recognised that this is safer, though slower and less effective than IV for non HCP's

Mr"

We have no idea what is supposedly being administered via these needles. Until relatively recently, we'd not heard of synthetic drugs like Miao-Miao, Spice and a whole bunch of others. There might be some new-to-the-scene substance being used.

IM will always be slower than IV, yes. But some drugs are so potent that IV will simply kill you.

Depending on the dose, ketamine will begin to have sedative and psychoactive effects in 1-5mins. That's pretty quick. IV, it's seconds.

over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"As someone who has been experienced being spiked it's not 'fun' or 'funny' just downright scary, losing hours and waking up having no recollection of the previous night is mentally damaging let alone the physical damage it could have done. I was fortunate to have been with friends who made sure I was ok and got home, I hate to think what would have happened had they not been aware."

Crikey that sounds awful

over a year ago

Mr

We have no idea what is supposedly being administered via these needles. Until relatively recently, we'd not heard of synthetic drugs like Miao-Miao, Spice and a whole bunch of others. There might be some new-to-the-scene substance being used.

IM will always be slower than IV, yes. But some drugs are so potent that IV will simply kill you.

Depending on the dose, ketamine will begin to have sedative and psychoactive effects in 1-5mins. That's pretty quick. IV, it's seconds. "

Yes, it's certainly fast.

Mr

over a year ago

Never had our drinks spiked as we have never been stupid enough to leave them unattended.

over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Never had our drinks spiked as we have never been stupid enough to leave them unattended."

By the sound of the latest craze those involved were far from stupid and in some cases drink wasn’t even involved. Having your drinks spikes doesn’t necessarily go hand in hand with stupid people!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Never had our drinks spiked as we have never been stupid enough to leave them unattended."

That's a pretty shitty thing to say. People aren't stupid for being victims of spiking.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

Just stupid enough to leave a ridiculous comment

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I have left my drinks unattended and I'm not stupid

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Never had our drinks spiked as we have never been stupid enough to leave them unattended.

Just stupid enough to leave a ridiculous comment "

And stupid enough to think you need to leave a drink unattended to get it spiked.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

You don't have to leave drinks unattended to have them spiked. People can be so quick to do it that you may not even notice. One person bumps into you so you look that way and the other person spikes your drink. It can be something as simple as that.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Come on now, you are not naive enough to think that it is only unattended drinks that get spiked, there are plenty of ways that it can be slipped in to your drink without you knowing. It's called sleight of hand, or a feint.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

So what if the barman does it then..

Or if someone buys you a drink… or slips it in when your attention is elsewhere… dear god the sanctimonious views on some

By *oBeRodeMan
over a year ago

clifton ish

Oh I wish someone would spike and be naughty with me x

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"Oh I wish someone would spike and be naughty with me x"

over a year ago

Well

There was an Eastern European gang that threatened people/security guards with this when they are caught shoplifting in Bedford/Kempston at the retail park

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Duuuuude, choose your audience man, there are people who HAVE been spiked on this thread and deeply fucking traumatised by it. Not cool fella, not cool.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"I love that we can all have a funny and entertaining conversation about putting tracking Chips in men, forcing hormone treatment on them and chopping off their balls

Proper fun that

"

Only violent offender men. We can do same to any violent offender women if you like.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

Ever seen a card shark, its similar, did it happen! When did he swap cards.... or Perhaps no one has ever been interested in you

over a year ago

Wow!

I had mine done by the bar man! But I must be stupid for buying it in the first place yeah?!

over a year ago

Proper fun that

Only violent offender men. We can do same to any violent offender women if you like."

Between this and the idea that China and UAE are great places to live I sometimes wonder how different we are as a society to ISIS. I mean the things that we consider an offence worthy of mutilation are different but the desire to chop bits off those who offend us is not at all different.

Mr

over a year ago

"Never had our drinks spiked as we have never been stupid enough to leave them unattended.

That's a pretty shitty thing to say. People aren't stupid for being victims of spiking. "

absolutely this

It’s a really shit thing to experience, I was extremely lucky when it happened to me that the taxi driver was on the ball and tuned into what was happening!

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Never leave my drinks unattended and certainly not stupid but it still happened to me... Your comment is pretty insensitive to those that have had it done to them

over a year ago

Proper fun that

Only violent offender men. We can do same to any violent offender women if you like.

Between this and the idea that China and UAE are great places to live I sometimes wonder how different we are as a society to ISIS. I mean the things that we consider an offence worthy of mutilation are different but the desire to chop bits off those who offend us is not at all different.

Mr"

Who is saying China and the UAE are great places to live?

For one anyone saying that about China is normally labelled "Wumao" in my experience

over a year ago

North West

Proper fun that

Mr

For one anyone saying that about China is normally labelled "Wumao" in my experience "

See earlier posts in the thread

over a year ago

Proper fun that

Mr

For one anyone saying that about China is normally labelled "Wumao" in my experience

See earlier posts in the thread "

Sorry

If its from who i think its from i normally glaze over because of the sheer stupidity of the posts

over a year ago

Yikes I didn’t even know about needle spiking til I read this thread and went off to google it

over a year ago

Not just ladies! I’ve been spiked before. 4 pints and I was off the reservation and my friends had to phone an ambulance as they’d no idea what had happened

Post new Message to Thread