Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Adverts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do they get on your nerves?

The 'charity' ones begging for money, but their CEO is on £50 - 100 grand a year, or the obscure lottery for a more obscure cause and the life insurance scams that you'll never see a penny of, or 'bargain box' funeral packages?

Is there anything they won't slap a price tag on to part people from their hard earned cash?

I find it quite crass and tasteless if I'm honest.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You want a free funeral?

over a year ago

"You want a free funeral?"

Throw me in the back garden and plant a tree on top of me

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"Do they get on your nerves?

The 'charity' ones begging for money, but their CEO is on £50 - 100 grand a year, or the obscure lottery for a more obscure cause and the life insurance scams that you'll never see a penny of, or 'bargain box' funeral packages?

Is there anything they won't slap a price tag on to part people from their hard earned cash?

I find it quite crass and tasteless if I'm honest."

Which charity bosses are on 100k?

over a year ago

Which charity bosses are on 100k?"

British Red Cross CEO earns £174,000 a year.

Plenty more out there as well.

They all do a job, but that is bit excessive.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They all do a job, but that is bit excessive."

So is he expected to work full time for free? Why dont you give 1 months wage to charity and see how you get on?

over a year ago

They all do a job, but that is bit excessive.

So is he expected to work full time for free? Why dont you give 1 months wage to charity and see how you get on?"

I don't expect anyone to work for free.

I do give to charity, I do work for a non profit charity providing care for the vulnerable, elderly and the community covering all bases helping people.

My initial comment, was about all the adverts on television that use the banner of charity to take money off people.

Post new Message to Thread