FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Yahoo - A Survey Says I'm Not Middle Aged Yet!!!

Jump to newest

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

[Removed by poster at 18/09/12 14:29:22]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I think i'm abnormal. I still play conkers

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"[Removed by poster at 18/09/12 14:29:22]"

oi what ya done? How daft do I look

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

I'm younger than I thought according to the BBC website, this is a flavour of the survey, you can read the rest there if you wish...

Middle age starts much later than previously thought - at the age of 55, research suggests.

And Britons do not see themselves as elderly until they are nudging 70, the survey of 1,000 UK adults aged 50-plus for the Love to Learn online learning website says.

Previous studies have pinpointed the start of middle age as early as 36.

The research suggests that as the population ages, new cut-off points are being drawn.

According to official national data, there are now more adults over 65 than there are under-16s.

Although seven out of 10 early 50-somethings quizzed for the survey defined themselves as middle-aged, the average age at which the period of life was perceived to start was 54 years and 347 days old

By *luespartanMan
over a year ago

crawley

good news at last.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I'm younger than I thought according to the BBC website, this is a flavour of the survey, you can read the rest there if you wish...

Middle age starts much later than previously thought - at the age of 55, research suggests.

And Britons do not see themselves as elderly until they are nudging 70, the survey of 1,000 UK adults aged 50-plus for the Love to Learn online learning website says.

Previous studies have pinpointed the start of middle age as early as 36.

The research suggests that as the population ages, new cut-off points are being drawn.

According to official national data, there are now more adults over 65 than there are under-16s.

Although seven out of 10 early 50-somethings quizzed for the survey defined themselves as middle-aged, the average age at which the period of life was perceived to start was 54 years and 347 days old

"

I have a sneaky feeling that this is because the UK population average age is increasing. When I was 10, 30 was old. Now I am 45, 30 is young!

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I'm with Wyrd on this...when I was younger, so much younger than today, I thought the Carousel on Logan's Run was a damn good idea when you got to the ancient and decrepit age of 30...

By *rDionysusMan
over a year ago

Leeds

But some on here will perceive me as middle age when I turn 45 in November... That age seems to be a significant cut off point for a lot of people.

It's made worse that I party harder than the average 25 year old LOL!

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I refuse to be middle aged

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

55 is only middle aged if you intend to live until 110.

I'm middle aged but a much happier, hornier, more confident bloke than when I was 23.

over a year ago

Well that's me done for , i turned 55yo in April guess its,the slippery slope for me now !

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"But some on here will perceive me as middle age when I turn 45 in November... That age seems to be a significant cut off point for a lot of people.

It's made worse that I party harder than the average 25 year old LOL!

"

That just reminds me of bumping into my 27 year old nephew a few weeks ago in the supermarket as I was picking up a bottle of wine and a bunch of flowers as a prez for the couple I was staying with as we were going clubbing...he asked me where I was going, I said "Manchester, off to a sex club with some couples I know"...he said, "No really, where you off?" I replied "Barrow, see an old workmate"...giggled to myself most of the way to Manchester, these youngsters think they invented it eh?

over a year ago

Middle age HA! I got age's yet

By *rDionysusMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"That just reminds me of bumping into my 27 year old nephew a few weeks ago in the supermarket as I was picking up a bottle of wine and a bunch of flowers as a prez for the couple I was staying with as we were going clubbing...he asked me where I was going, I said "Manchester, off to a sex club with some couples I know"...he said, "No really, where you off?" I replied "Barrow, see an old workmate"...giggled to myself most of the way to Manchester, these youngsters think they invented it eh? "

A bit like we did when we were that age!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

That's why I refer to my age group as muddle aged. No one knows where we are now. Not as old as our parents were at our age but certainly not as young as some of us act!

I have no intention of living until I am 94, even after meeting a rather spritely 107 year old today.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"That just reminds me of bumping into my 27 year old nephew a few weeks ago in the supermarket as I was picking up a bottle of wine and a bunch of flowers as a prez for the couple I was staying with as we were going clubbing...he asked me where I was going, I said "Manchester, off to a sex club with some couples I know"...he said, "No really, where you off?" I replied "Barrow, see an old workmate"...giggled to myself most of the way to Manchester, these youngsters think they invented it eh?

A bit like we did when we were that age! "

Yep, though that was me in my teens, by my mid-twenties I was married and playing around, never have done monogamy very well, finally realised singledom suits me just fine

Post new Message to Thread