I love music

I mostly learn to new pop rap trash and I like my base

What you all sujest

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

What is your budget?

I refuse to pay big bucks for the big brands. You can get some quality sounding budget buds and save a lot of £s

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good pair of Sony worth looking at

over a year ago

I like my apple EarPods pro.

I can make calls and the sound is ok.

I’m not a DJ or music aficionado.

over a year ago

Another vote for EarPod pro

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I used to have a old Sony thre last long

I Manège to loose it

Air pods pro i can’t stick thinks To my ear

I only could do with over head one

over a year ago

I have apple ear pods but would recommend trying the Bose ones….. the sound is quality x

over a year ago

If you want pro sounds headphones then sennheiser HD 25 are top of the range. Other than them you could try bose or akg as both make good headphones. Sony make some good cheaper alternatives

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I had the Sony then upgraded to the Bose QC35, but it’s mostly for the noise cancelling on planes so I can sleep and for the gym so I can’t hear myself grunting . They hold charge well too much longer than the sports earphones , I charge maybe once every 2-3 weeks

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

It depends, do you want wireless and are you bothered about other features?

I've three pairs which are all quite different so it really depends what your primary wants from them are

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve always found that trying them out is the best option for your music and listening style.

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

My vote goes to either Sennheiser, Sony or Bose.

The sound quality on them is second to none, try and avoid Beats though, really over priced for what they are.

over a year ago

"If you want pro sounds headphones then sennheiser HD 25 are top of the range. Other than them you could try bose or akg as both make good headphones. Sony make some good cheaper alternatives "

I second that on sennheiser and would grab before you can’t get as they sold they consumer headphone devison off

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

The HD 25s are good, plus you can pretty much replace all the parts which is handy if you snap the cable or something

My Beyerdynamics are the best I have, though they're more for studio use. Sound quality wise, they beat anything else I've ever listed on

over a year ago

"The HD 25s are good, plus you can pretty much replace all the parts which is handy if you snap the cable or something

My Beyerdynamics are the best I have, though they're more for studio use. Sound quality wise, they beat anything else I've ever listed on "

Beyers are absolute beasts for studio use!! There's a reason they are industry standard. Sennheiser are industry standard for djing. If its just to listen to music then a quality pair of Sony would suffice, but I love my hd25's

over a year ago

I mostly use theme on train bus and on the road

Airoplain when I travole

I love my wireless

I don’t want to trip over my own cables

My bujet is 100

over a year ago

"I mostly use theme on train bus and on the road

Airoplain when I travole

I love my wireless

My bujet is 100"

Have a look at sony's range of wireless headphones. Good for the price range

over a year ago

Will do thanks everyone for your help

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I mostly use theme on train bus and on the road

Airoplain when I travole

I love my wireless

My bujet is 100"

QC35 come with a connector for planes , you might get of eBay or gumtree for 100 but they will be worn. For that budget I think Sony is best

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I have enjed the Sony XM4's, battery lasts forever and they sound good.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I love my powerbeats they fit the ear well and being over the ear means they don't fall out like other ear buds I have had. They also never disconnect randomly which is something else I have experienced with other cheaper types.

By *izzy_RascalsCouple
over a year ago

Not quite over the hill

If its wireless over the ear with a budget of £100 I can recommend the Soundcore Q30’s currently £80 on Amazon with later Q35’s at £120

Pretty good all round performance for the price, good noise cancelling and get a not to bad sound out with the accompanying app which I would definately recommend as the default sound isnt great

over a year ago

I just got Bose sound link (over ear ) wireless - love them . I use them for the gym/ running . I also have air pods but I find them a bit annoying when I’m working out so I use them for general use

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Try sennheiser hd 650, 700 or 800 or beyer dynamic T1,s you'll never want to listen to any others again.. I should know, I build valve headphone amps for a living

over a year ago

I've just got some samsung buds live I love them

over a year ago

I tried out so many (in ear) in the end found 'bose soundsport' had such good clarity.

over a year ago

"Try sennheiser hd 650, 700 or 800 or beyer dynamic T1,s you'll never want to listen to any others again.. I should know, I build valve headphone amps for a living"

They are mostly mid-budget studio mixing cans and some open back and none are wireless. And all are well over OP’s £100 budget. So won’t fit OP’s bill. Good sets all the same.

I’m currently running Bd DT990s but Santa is thinking about some HD800s for xmas

over a year ago

I think I found baby

Beats pro tiny over my bujetlook so sweet

over a year ago

Sennheiser, all the way.

Crisp, clear sound.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I just got Bose sound link (over ear ) wireless - love them . I use them for the gym/ running . I also have air pods but I find them a bit annoying when I’m working out so I use them for general use "

I had Soundsport before QC35 but just found I was always charging them.

If you buying high end maybe it’s worth looking at frequency ? My heating drops down a bit about 4000-8000 who i is fine for digital music but for raw analog or quality digital done at much lower compression good headphones will catch those tones better than cheapies

By *arehamMan
over a year ago

handforth

I got a brilliant pair from b+m they are jbl for less than £40 the sound is so good don’t get the expensive ones they are a waste of money,

I got a pair of beets bye drey are the jbl ones are just as good.

over a year ago

"I think I found baby

Beats pro tiny over my bujetlook so sweet"

Dont waste your money, the beats pro are utter crap.

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

"I just got Bose sound link (over ear ) wireless - love them . I use them for the gym/ running . I also have air pods but I find them a bit annoying when I’m working out so I use them for general use

If you buying high end maybe it’s worth looking at frequency ? My heating drops down a bit about 4000-8000 who i is fine for digital music but for raw analog or quality digital done at much lower compression good headphones will catch those tones better than cheapies "

Ones hearing declines as you get older .. when you're 16 you can hear freq. up to 18-20khz as you get older that diminishes.

however what doesn't diminish is ones ability to hear tonal quality whether it be at 8khz or 18khz.. A crap pair of headphones or speakers are still a crap pair whatever music you throw at them..

Quality always shines through, there are a few diamonds in the rough, but generally you get what you pay for.. Sadly that doesn't always mean going for the company that has the biggest budget for advertising.. A good example here is bose and bang and olufsen..

I'd just say do your homework and if you can listen to as many pairs with your own set up as you can before buying..

Go into a shop and ask to play music you know on a system similar to your own or something that you already know the sound of.. its the only way to get a good comparison between good, great and utter shit..

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I just got Bose sound link (over ear ) wireless - love them . I use them for the gym/ running . I also have air pods but I find them a bit annoying when I’m working out so I use them for general use

If you buying high end maybe it’s worth looking at frequency ? My heating drops down a bit about 4000-8000 who i is fine for digital music but for raw analog or quality digital done at much lower compression good headphones will catch those tones better than cheapies

Ones hearing declines as you get older .. when you're 16 you can hear freq. up to 18-20khz as you get older that diminishes.

however what doesn't diminish is ones ability to hear tonal quality whether it be at 8khz or 18khz.. A crap pair of headphones or speakers are still a crap pair whatever music you throw at them..

Quality always shines through, there are a few diamonds in the rough, but generally you get what you pay for.. Sadly that doesn't always mean going for the company that has the biggest budget for advertising.. A good example here is bose and bang and olufsen..

I'd just say do your homework and if you can listen to as many pairs with your own set up as you can before buying..

Go into a shop and ask to play music you know on a system similar to your own or something that you already know the sound of.. its the only way to get a good comparison between good, great and utter shit.. "

If you were spending around 300-500 would you go for Sennheiser, Bose, bang and olufsen or some other brand?

over a year ago

"

If you were spending around 300-500 would you go for Sennheiser, Bose, bang and olufsen or some other brand?"

There is no simple answer. It depends a lot what you need: what you are listening to, why and how you will listen to it.

The higher end models (audio and construction quality wise) don’t tend to have wireless capabilits. The lower end and mid range models aimed at consumers rather than a ‘pro’ application tend to have very different tonal characteristics. You might need wireless and noise cancellation on headphones for the train commute. You most definitely don’t want those features on a set of reference monitor headphones.

Yes there will be many brands of more traditional headphones that have better sound than the lots of Beats, Apple, Bose, Sony etc….. but they will be expensive, heavy and have no ‘modern’ features. But they will not be as convenient.

So the answer will vary depending on the definition ‘better’.

Personally i buy B&O, B&W for consumer wireless, senny, Beyer and KRK for wired monitors. You can’t say categorically that HD650s are way better than TD1990s for every use case. But you can say both are better than Bose, Beats and Apple for mixing. But also less convenient for just listening to music.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

If you were spending around 300-500 would you go for Sennheiser, Bose, bang and olufsen or some other brand?

There is no simple answer. It depends a lot what you need: what you are listening to, why and how you will listen to it.

The higher end models (audio and construction quality wise) don’t tend to have wireless capabilits. The lower end and mid range models aimed at consumers rather than a ‘pro’ application tend to have very different tonal characteristics. You might need wireless and noise cancellation on headphones for the train commute. You most definitely don’t want those features on a set of reference monitor headphones.

Yes there will be many brands of more traditional headphones that have better sound than the lots of Beats, Apple, Bose, Sony etc….. but they will be expensive, heavy and have no ‘modern’ features. But they will not be as convenient.

So the answer will vary depending on the definition ‘better’.

Personally i buy B&O, B&W for consumer wireless, senny, Beyer and KRK for wired monitors. You can’t say categorically that HD650s are way better than TD1990s for every use case. But you can say both are better than Bose, Beats and Apple for mixing. But also less convenient for just listening to music.

"

Thanks.

I guess I want the best immersive experience and sound quality listening to a range of music styles from classical , jazz, folk, metal, punk, pop, drum and bass - via Apple & other music apps , but only really use them at the gym or on flights so have always gone for wireless and noise cancelling.

Sound like the consumer products from Bose , etc are probably the right ones but I should try out and compare similar products from B&O, B&W etc ?

over a year ago

"

Thanks.

I guess I want the best immersive experience and sound quality listening to a range of music styles from classical , jazz, folk, metal, punk, pop, drum and bass - via Apple & other music apps , but only really use them at the gym or on flights so have always gone for wireless and noise cancelling.

Sound like the consumer products from Bose , etc are probably the right ones but I should try out and compare similar products from B&O, B&W etc ?"

Well you’ll pay more and they may not necessarily sound better - depends on your taste (well ear really and what kind of sound characteristic you like). I had a pair of B&O 1st Gen H9 headphones. The sounded amazing…. But had a design flaw which meant that the BT switch failed after about 3 years. A common fault apparently…. So big name brand does not always = best!

I’ve only every used the wired p5 b&w headphones which are still going strong and sounded good too.

I think for the gym something light, not too expensive and robust would be best as could take sole punishment.

over a year ago

Again th als evry taking interest in this conversation

I am not going to use my head fones to

Mix any type of music

I mostly leson to heavy base hip hop danc

When ever I am in the mood I do lesson to jazz

And yes I love to go wireless that will be the day I could disepear the train sound

Post new Message to Thread