Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mobile phone upgrade for the stupid

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well its never been a secret that i dont know anything about technology.

Ive been told im due an upgrade, now im assuming this is because ive had my phone 18months. I have a samsung monte.

Now does this mean i can have a new phone on the same tarrif as the one i have or does it mean i have to pay more. I didnt pay for the phone it was the deal, so can i get one of those smart phones and just pay the normal tarif.

Signed miss thick

of rutland

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

You need to ask them to clarify exactly what's on offer.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

You will be able to get a new phone on the same tarrif.

They will try to get you to take a phone which you will have to either pay something for the handset, or pay more each month.

But there will def be new phones available where you can pay exactly the same.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I suppose it comes down to what youy are seeking in a phone.

If you're present model is all that you need, then you could always stick with it, and keep the tariff you've had.

When my current mobile came up for renewal last year, the provider tried to "upgrade" me to a new "all singing, all dancing" model, and wanted to increase the monthly tariff. I dug in my heels, stating I was happy with what I had and wanted to stay as I was, citing if they didn't play ball, I'd do elsewhere! They caved in and as a result, I have had the same tariff for 4.5 years.

From a technological point of view, I use a mobile for phone calls plus a few texts a month! Camera? Internet? Maps? All the other gubbins? What are all these about? I only use about 5% of my phone's capabilities!

By *kyblue2681Woman
over a year ago

manchester

If your happy with the handset you have then you can go into a sim only deal which is gonna mean you can either pay less per mth or get more within your tariff for the same amount. If you'd like a new phone then i adv my customers to go to a phone shop and play with the phones and see which is best then ring back with the handset in mind and we the work around that

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

There will be a selection of free phones aligned to your tariff which you will be able to choose from. You will just need to sign into another fixed term contract

Alternatively, you can either keep the same tariff but pay a one off cost to choose a better phone, or get a completely new tariff with a smart phone.

You tend to find that the smart phones are only free with the more expensive tariffs though

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Don't forget you will have to charge a smartphone almost every day...

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Don't forget you will have to charge a smartphone almost every day..."

Every couple of hours more like !

Post new Message to Thread