Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Off-putting?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you didn't accommodate at home and a person you'd barely chatted to, on being told you live in a particular area of a large town, asked where, would you tell them? And would it put you off meeting them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reybearMan
over a year ago

medway

We try not to play with anyone too close to home... But this sounds a bit 'stalky' so I would say no, or fib a little and mention somewhere down the road a bit..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If you didn't accommodate at home and a person you'd barely chatted to, on being told you live in a particular area of a large town, asked where, would you tell them? And would it put you off meeting them?"

Wouldn't put us off meeting them, but we never reveal the location of where our house is, just a town nearish

over a year ago

Oh and btw, not sure anyone would want to come to our/your house bearing in mind the rules haha

over a year ago

"If you didn't accommodate at home and a person you'd barely chatted to, on being told you live in a particular area of a large town, asked where, would you tell them? And would it put you off meeting them?

Wouldn't put us off meeting them, but we never reveal the location of where our house is, just a town nearish "

Exactly I reveal the area but not the address only once the meet has been arranged and we have spoke on the phone

over a year ago

"We try not to play with anyone too close to home... But this sounds a bit 'stalky' so I would say no, or fib a little and mention somewhere down the road a bit.."

I was specific enough that he would know roughly how far away I live but was a little vague about where. He asked where, even asking if I am in a specific block of flats. It's the only thing he asked me. It has made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

over a year ago

"Oh and btw, not sure anyone would want to come to our/your house bearing in mind the rules haha"

I hadn't told him those

over a year ago

"We try not to play with anyone too close to home... But this sounds a bit 'stalky' so I would say no, or fib a little and mention somewhere down the road a bit..

I was specific enough that he would know roughly how far away I live but was a little vague about where. He asked where, even asking if I am in a specific block of flats. It's the only thing he asked me. It has made me feel a bit uncomfortable."

If you feel uncomfortable, then trust your instincts, and definitely don't say yes or no to the question, none of his business especially as you don't accomodate.

over a year ago

no, always play safe

over a year ago

"We try not to play with anyone too close to home... But this sounds a bit 'stalky' so I would say no, or fib a little and mention somewhere down the road a bit..

I was specific enough that he would know roughly how far away I live but was a little vague about where. He asked where, even asking if I am in a specific block of flats. It's the only thing he asked me. It has made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

If you feel uncomfortable, then trust your instincts, and definitely don't say yes or no to the question, none of his business especially as you don't accomodate.

"

I've declined to meet him. I do trust my instincts but wondered if others feel the same way. I've already dealt with it but am interested to hear what other people think.

His own profile gives his location as a town 10 miles from where he told me he lives!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I will give the general area then say "but it doesn't really matter since I don't accom".

Many don't read and fully absorb everything first time round.

Just as I regularly get asked if they can come over to mine right now and give me a good seeing to - I don't accom, I insist on a coffee meet in a public place, and due to work I've had q message in my profile saying I'm not meeting at the moment!

over a year ago

It would abd has put us off meets before. We don't accomedate so where we live is really no concern of theirs as long as they know roughly. We usually say Derby though we actually live just south of Derby. Some guys have pushed to know exactly where we live and gotten quite rude when we won't tell them. I got creeped out once cause guy kept pushing and asking how far we were from certain bridges abd landmarks and I felt really uneasy like I was being played into giving information I didn't want to give. Had one guy actually tell me that we obviously weren't real cause we wouldnt tell him details of where we live block button gets used often for this reason.

over a year ago

wouldnt put me off meeting them but i dont see why people need to know where you live if you dont acommodate

over a year ago

Even if I did accommodate it's not information I'd give before a meet in public.

Post new Message to Thread