Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How skint is this country !!!

Jump to newest

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHC OP   Couple
over a year ago

horwich

My daughter turned 24 this year & was 13 when me & my ex wife went our seperate ways. "I" used the C.S.A. to ensure regular payments would be made for the welfare & upbringing of my child (see we're not all bad) & never missed a payment.

Anywho... I have just received a very snotty letter from the C.S.A telling me I owe "them" ...Wait for it...

0.68p !!!

Must have cost them that for the reams of pages of threats they sent !

And the biggest laugh..

Quote.."We asked you to pay 0.00p from **/**/2006 !!

Off to empty my penny jar & post it direct to No 10 !!

So sorry Country for causing the National Debt !

Rhett *expecting an attachment of earnings notice any time soon*

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

that's a good one - but with all these things being automated it's hardly suprising

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

My brother is being chased for 20p...add up all these feckless fathers who owe tuppence ha'penny and it could come to several pounds...no bloody wonder we're in a double sherbert dib-dab recession

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My mobile phone service provider have barred my phone not once, but twice, because I owe them £0.00

I wasn't amused.

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHC OP   Couple
over a year ago

horwich

"My brother is being chased for 20p...add up all these feckless fathers who owe tuppence ha'penny and it could come to several pounds...no bloody wonder we're in a double sherbert dib-dab recession "

What's His name ? We might be put in the same cell !

Thinking I might have to ask them to send me proof of this "debt" in the form of a statement showing "every single payment I have made/missed...

God Know's how many sheets of overpriced civil servant A4 that will be, plus a freedom of infomation requst for a copy of my file. Include the over paid man hours required to complete said exercise, not forgetting a hefty bit of postage.....Will that get my 0.68p's worth of money I don't owe ? Hmmmmm.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had a bill sent 1st class once for 3p, so i sent the letter back with 3 pennies stuck to it

Post new Message to Thread