Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are there any farmers in the house?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've got a question that Google hasn't been able to answer, but a farmer might!

I live right next to a field. Sheep and cows live in it.

At night, there's a red flashing light in the field. Looks like a box on the ground. I'm wondering what it is?

Does anyone know?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Aliens, no doubt about it!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe the cows are sheep are sending you a warning, best to ask if they know anything you don’t.

No need to thank me

over a year ago

"I've got a question that Google hasn't been able to answer, but a farmer might!

At night, there's a red flashing light in the field. Looks like a box on the ground. I'm wondering what it is?

Does anyone know? "

You see that red flashing every night in the same spot? What kind of box do you think?

I have seen some insects that generate that sort of flashing light.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

The energiser unit for the electric fence that is keeping them in the field.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"The energiser unit for the electric fence that is keeping them in the field. "

^ this

over a year ago

"Aliens, no doubt about it!"

Every chance!!

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

"I've got a question that Google hasn't been able to answer, but a farmer might!

Does anyone know?

You see that red flashing every night in the same spot? What kind of box do you think?

I have seen some insects that generate that sort of flashing light. "

Not this

over a year ago

"Maybe the cows are sheep are sending you a warning, best to ask if they know anything you don’t.

No need to thank me "

I often see them looking in at us. They don't like it when I stare back.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

This

over a year ago

Thank you!

over a year ago

Does anyone know?

I have seen some insects that generate that sort of flashing light. "

I don't think it's that but there's way more midgies here than at my old house!

By *uriouscouple83Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

"The energiser unit for the electric fence that is keeping them in the field.

^ this "

^ this

over a year ago

Does anyone know?

Not this "

Yeah, probably the electric fence said by the next person.

but there are insects flashing like a lighthouse...

over a year ago

Thanks everyone!

over a year ago

It is a safety alarm to warn vegetarians and vegans that there are animals in the field.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Thanks OP you've made me reminisce about doing the electric fence when I was a kid. Me and my sister would compete who could move the most post before my Dad switched it on

By *oryou47Man
over a year ago

carlow

Are there small lambs in the field, if it's a rotating flushing light it could be there to warn off foxes from attacking lambs

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Electric fence unit, I've got them for my horses

over a year ago

"Thanks OP you've made me reminisce about doing the electric fence when I was a kid. Me and my sister would compete who could move the most post before my Dad switched it on "

Awww fun memories

over a year ago

"Are there small lambs in the field, if it's a rotating flushing light it could be there to warn off foxes from attacking lambs"

The sheep all look grown up. Can't wait for the lambs to appear though. They are so cute

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Thanks OP you've made me reminisce about doing the electric fence when I was a kid. Me and my sister would compete who could move the most post before my Dad switched it on "

Or holding someone’s hand and then catching hold of the fence

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

It’s for the crop circles

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Thanks OP you've made me reminisce about doing the electric fence when I was a kid. Me and my sister would compete who could move the most post before my Dad switched it on

Or holding someone’s hand and then catching hold of the fence "

I never ever did that

over a year ago

"Maybe the cows are sheep are sending you a warning, best to ask if they know anything you don’t.

No need to thank me

I often see them looking in at us. They don't like it when I stare back. "

You know too much, they’re catching on. Might be best to move house before it’s too late x

over a year ago

No need to thank me

I often see them looking in at us. They don't like it when I stare back.

You know too much, they’re catching on. Might be best to move house before it’s too late x"

I think they are just shy

By *oryou47Man
over a year ago

carlow

"Are there small lambs in the field, if it's a rotating flushing light it could be there to warn off foxes from attacking lambs

The sheep all look grown up. Can't wait for the lambs to appear though. They are so cute

Yeah the are so cute,usually it'spring when there born, can have flashing lights to warn off foxes, but it must be electric fence so, is it a small flashing light?"

over a year ago

"Are there small lambs in the field, if it's a rotating flushing light it could be there to warn off foxes from attacking lambs

Yeah the are so cute,usually it'spring when there born, can have flashing lights to warn off foxes, but it must be electric fence so, is it a small flashing light?"

Yup it's just like a £2 coin size that flashes.

By *eedsmale36Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Does anyone know? "

It’s an early warning system for doggers

By *oryou47Man
over a year ago

carlow

Yeah the are so cute,usually it'spring when there born, can have flashing lights to warn off foxes, but it must be electric fence so, is it a small flashing light?

Yup it's just like a £2 coin size that flashes.

Must be electric fence so

"

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Does anyone know?

Not this

but there are insects flashing like a lighthouse..."

Fireflies are not red, they're usually yellow/green or similar colours. And you wouldn't see just one in the same place night after night.

over a year ago

It’s an electric fence the light shows the power is on as it pulses an electric current through the fence hope that helps

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

It's a nightlight so the sheep and cows don't get scared at night.

over a year ago

Does anyone know?

Not this

Fireflies are not red, they're usually yellow/green or similar colours. And you wouldn't see just one in the same place night after night. "

there are different bioluminescent insects other than fireflies tho and some of them glow red. but again, insect idea was stupid

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Maybe we even have the farmer here who went to town to take his driving test. The examiner asked him if he knew how to make a U turn? To which the farmer replied, "No, but I know how to make it's eyes water!"

over a year ago

North West

Does anyone know?

Not this

Fireflies are not red, they're usually yellow/green or similar colours. And you wouldn't see just one in the same place night after night.

there are different bioluminescent insects other than fireflies tho and some of them glow red. but again, insect idea was stupid "

The only bioluminescent insect to emit red light are railroad worms and they're native to the Americas. Red is pretty unusual in bioluminescence at all, insects or otherwise

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

They're robots

over a year ago

Does anyone know?

Not this

there are different bioluminescent insects other than fireflies tho and some of them glow red. but again, insect idea was stupid

The only bioluminescent insect to emit red light are railroad worms and they're native to the Americas. Red is pretty unusual in bioluminescence at all, insects or otherwise "

Did you know this or did you google it now?

But I am sure even there are red glowing fireflies. and I hubmly dont agree that red is unusual bioluminesence, we can see insects and some creatures that glow red.

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

Damn, was expecting this thread to be more of a line up..

over a year ago

"It's a nightlight so the sheep and cows don't get scared at night."

I really would love it if this was true

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

Farmers here !! My dad held the electric fence one day then touched my ear ! Yelp wasn’t the word !!!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

They are all in the Barn, not the house.

over a year ago

North West

Does anyone know?

Not this

The only bioluminescent insect to emit red light are railroad worms and they're native to the Americas. Red is pretty unusual in bioluminescence at all, insects or otherwise

But I am sure even there are red glowing fireflies. and I hubmly dont agree that red is unusual bioluminesence, we can see insects and some creatures that glow red. "

I'm a biologist so am a complete sad act, sorry

Have a look for yourself about red bioluminescent insects, remembering red colour is not the same as bioluminescent.

Most bioluminescent creatures/plants glow in the absence of light (so in the dark) and so it makes less sense for red wavelengths to be used. Red wavelengths don't generally trigger the photosensitive pigments required for vision as effectively as shorter wavelengths (blues, greens etc) and so to pack the sharpest "punch" in the dark, most bioluminescence is at the shorter end of the spectrum.

over a year ago

Does anyone know?

Not this

But I am sure even there are red glowing fireflies. and I hubmly dont agree that red is unusual bioluminesence, we can see insects and some creatures that glow red.

Have a look for yourself about red bioluminescent insects, remembering red colour is not the same as bioluminescent.

Most bioluminescent creatures/plants glow in the absence of light (so in the dark) and so it makes less sense for red wavelengths to be used. Red wavelengths don't generally trigger the photosensitive pigments required for vision as effectively as shorter wavelengths (blues, greens etc) and so to pack the sharpest "punch" in the dark, most bioluminescence is at the shorter end of the spectrum. "

I fricking love this place :D I am discussing with a biologist about bioluminescence creatures in a swinger website. THATS GREAT.

Well, definitely I dont have information about the topic as you do. As you said, probably I would be in mistake about glowing and reflecting the light.

Thank you the information you provided tho :D

over a year ago

North West

Does anyone know?

Not this

Most bioluminescent creatures/plants glow in the absence of light (so in the dark) and so it makes less sense for red wavelengths to be used. Red wavelengths don't generally trigger the photosensitive pigments required for vision as effectively as shorter wavelengths (blues, greens etc) and so to pack the sharpest "punch" in the dark, most bioluminescence is at the shorter end of the spectrum.

I fricking love this place :D I am discussing with a biologist about bioluminescence creatures in a swinger website. THATS GREAT.

Well, definitely I dont have information about the topic as you do. As you said, probably I would be in mistake about glowing and reflecting the light.

Thank you the information you provided tho :D

"

You're welcome. This place is full of very interesting people. Much more than just sex and silliness

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Aot of cows are into electronics and often build stuff, but they try and keep it a secret from the farmer so they do it at night.

over a year ago

Does anyone know? "

Battery pack for the electric fence keeping the sheep in.

You’re welcome.

I live on a farm x

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Maybe we even have the farmer here who went to town to take his driving test. The examiner asked him if he knew how to make a U turn? To which the farmer replied, "No, but I know how to make it's eyes water!""

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Maybe we even have the farmer here who went to town to take his driving test. The examiner asked him if he knew how to make a U turn? To which the farmer replied, "No, but I know how to make it's eyes water!""

I think you’ll find that’s just the Welsh ones

over a year ago

Theyre 'fox lights' we have them in our fields, they stop fox's eating our livestock

Electric fence blinkers are harly noticeable amd many dont have blinkers so its unlikelyits that.

Foxlights

over a year ago

Id say its an energiser for electric fencing. Mine is green when fully charged but blinks red when the batteries go low

By *aturistsCouple
over a year ago

Stockton

My box is often flashing in my field

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Theyre 'fox lights' we have them in our fields, they stop fox's eating our livestock

Electric fence blinkers are harly noticeable amd many dont have blinkers so its unlikelyits that.

Foxlights "

All ours have a light that blinks to show they are pulsing.

They can be seen from a distance at night.

Been using them for over 40 years and never come across one that doesn’t have a blinking light.

Just saying.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Does anyone know?

Not this

Most bioluminescent creatures/plants glow in the absence of light (so in the dark) and so it makes less sense for red wavelengths to be used. Red wavelengths don't generally trigger the photosensitive pigments required for vision as effectively as shorter wavelengths (blues, greens etc) and so to pack the sharpest "punch" in the dark, most bioluminescence is at the shorter end of the spectrum. "

I live you Mrs KC.

Just sayin'

over a year ago

Electric fencing unit.

Go out and find the wire and touch it. That’ll soon tell you

over a year ago

Love to hear from fellow farmers/countryside people on here

By *ocktoplaywithMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Love to hear from fellow farmers/countryside people on here "

Wonder how many of us are on here

over a year ago

Farmer here

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

Electric fence box thingy

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Farmer here "

Nice bales

over a year ago

"Farmer here

Nice bales "

Thanks

Nice profile

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Farmer Giles??

over a year ago

Oo arr

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

I sound like a farmer

over a year ago

We aren't all straw munchers in the countryside you know

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I used to be a farmer, not sure what that would be unless it's part of the electric fence though!

By *.Jayne66Woman
over a year ago

Neverland

Any farmers have group party's at there farms? Xxx

By *arkSuitedBootedMan
over a year ago

Nottingham City Centre

I bet cows and sheeps have better sex life than most people on fab

over a year ago

"Any farmers have group party's at there farms? Xxx "

Ive Been known to have some raves

over a year ago

Haha everyone knows young farmers parties get wild!!

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Oo ahhhh! It be a US military stealth chopper landing and performing nefarious cattle mutilations in order to test for residual radioactivity in the cattle’s organs, it be. Ye need to sit out in the field and take pot shots at the cattle rustling buggers with a twelve bore as I do’s

By *ooking4othersMan
over a year ago

Here ...

Are you sure it's not the paparazzi waiting to capture you naked?

over a year ago

"Haha everyone knows young farmers parties get wild!!"

Puts a whole new spin on a spit roast!

over a year ago

I harvest many memes.. does thaat count?

over a year ago

"Haha everyone knows young farmers parties get wild!!

Puts a whole new spin on a spit roast! "

Lol literally!!!

over a year ago

It the power box for the the electric fence there a red light that flashes Evey time.it sends a shock through the wires

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

It's an alarm clock so everyone knows when it's it's breakfast time red light district for animal raves

over a year ago

Does anyone know? "

Electronic fence unit mate red light tells you it’s on

Post new Message to Thread