Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Men - reasons why you don’t reply?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In the interests of equality, and as requested

Why would you not reply to a message, what puts you off.

It could be from a man, but more specifically, messages from women?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Secrets!

Also depends what head space I'm in. Generally (not always) I will reply eventually.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Quiet in here Hippy

Reply privately

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Lordy the silence is deafening.

Reason I wouldn’t reply is either the conversation has died off, arrogance or demanding.

Reply privately

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

- Not feeling it.

- It's an umwanted (and normally graphic) approach from a guy.

- It's a couple account that's clearly just a guy.

That's pretty much it I think

LvM

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Oh! Also because makes a change of pace replying as opposed to having nothing to reply to. Need to keep things fresh and mix it up a little.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Quiet in here Hippy "

I suspected it might be a little bit quieter , but still…

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

If it’s just emojis or closed responses. I hate being expected to do all of the conversational running or having to chase responses.

It takes two people to have a good conversation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it’s just emojis or closed responses. I hate being expected to do all of the conversational running or having to chase responses.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am and can be very crappy with messaging, easily get caught up with other things, but I nearly always do get back to whoever.

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

It says ‘Hi’ I have even added to my profile that I won’t answer these anymore.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can’t remember getting a first message off a lady that wasn’t part of a forum game and it’s courteous to reply to those.

As for actually getting an unsolicited message. I’m sure I would reply. It’s not like my inbox is overflowing

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I reply to every message even if it's just to direct then to a particular part of my profile that they obviously didn't read.

Demands, instructions, requests for phone numbers, I've had them all in opening messages.

Every conversation is initiated by others because I don't send messages but the only ones I've never replied to are the follow up ones that get nasty when I don't follow their instructions.

Reply privately

By *ryingitout19Man
over a year ago

Wales

If they’re rude or abrupt. For example I had one that messaged saying ‘can we a see a face pic’ they hadn’t even said hello!

Also, if they’re clearly not what I’m looking for and they message anyway, for example age ranges etc

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"If it’s just emojis or closed responses. I hate being expected to do all of the conversational running or having to chase responses.

"

*slow clap*

Reply privately

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m just downright uncivil

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I am guilty of a double emoji

Eventually I'll follow up.. But they give me a breather between life /work and other commitments

Reply privately

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I sometimes don’t reply to blokes, especially if it’s a message with only a couple of words (I share your pain, women)

Sometimes the conversation with a woman is too hard work, I send a message and get a single word back.

Otherwise I reply, it’s not as if it’s particularly taxing for a bloke on here

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have to be in the mood to reply sometimes i mark it as unread and reply when i have a moment to put effort into the message. Sometimes people get a bag on and block me before i reply.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Eventually I'll follow up.. But they give me a breather between life /work and other commitments"

I do it too, especially via text but in that situation the conversation is usually more flowing.

If I’ve sent a message and I only get emojis as a response my reaction is usually “how am I meant to answer that?!”

It’s probably my age

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ll always pay the courtesy to reply, even if it’s a thanks but no thanks. After all they’ve taken the time to view the profile and write a message

Reply privately

over a year ago

Eventually I'll follow up.. But they give me a breather between life /work and other commitments

I do it too, especially via text but in that situation the conversation is usually more flowing.

If I’ve sent a message and I only get emojis as a response my reaction is usually “how am I meant to answer that?!”

It’s probably my age "

No it drives another friend insane... They reply with "oh no" and then i know they'll have a break from me for a day.. I can't help it tho

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Wide open and often leaking vaginas

In the male part of the Cole us significantly better than me

New profiles

Low effort “hey” messages

Reply privately

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

It’s probably my age "

If I'm down to just emojis the conversation/interaction is a lost cause

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s probably my age "

Yes

Reply privately

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Reasons I have not replied to messages:

- It was clearly a response to a forum post and they hit ‘Reply privately’ rather than ‘Reply in forum’ by mistake.

- It’s someone who’s unilaterally developed a forum beef with me looking for a fight.

- Despite me doing my best to show my interest, ask questions, and generally engage with the conversation, I’m just getting single-sentence, single-word, or even single-emoji responses. They’re clearly not really interested in talking to me, so I stop bothering them.

Reply privately

By *asilyled1Man
over a year ago

ogmore valley

"

Exactly this

Reply privately

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

I do alway reply even if it’s just a “thank you” .. but clearly my one a week is manageable in comparison so women’s numbers

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh the most is endless

Arrogance

Assumptions being made because I’m male

Not reading my profile (yes really)

Bias

Mind games

Negativity

Just not my type

Just to make a few OP

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

It’s probably my age

Yes "

You’re older than me!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Going to the trouble if writing a thought out message if a reasonable length only to be met with one line as a reply. I can take a couple of rounds of that before I reach the conclusion that it's not meant to be. Another reason is if a women is not my type. Another is if they go off the deep end because I haven't replied within an unreasonably short timescale, but that probably also falls into the not my type category.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s probably my age

Yes

You’re older than me! "

I was just being cheeky

Reply privately

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Normally when the conversation is one sided and they don't show ask questions back.

Reply privately

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I don’t think I’ve ever not replied to a first message from a woman, but sometimes conversations come to a natural conclusion and there’s nothing more to say on a subject there and then, but I occasionally then try and pick them back up again at some point if there’s been more than just a handful of messages back and forth.

Reply privately

By *heron212Man
over a year ago

London

- demanding 'BBC'

- requesting bareback

- asking to shoot videos

- incompatible

There are a lot of reasons, but the main one is when it is evident my profile hasn't been read or respected.

Reply privately

By *enuine MikeMan
over a year ago

Guildford

I always reply to messages, even if its from men or women who aren't my type.

Its the polite thing to do. Nothing worse than seeing that a message has been read and you don't recieve a reply

Reply privately

By *ickDastardlyMan
over a year ago

North East

I kind of follow the same general rules as everyone else.

- Demands

- One word answers

- People who haven't read my profile

- Arrogance

- Also anyone is neither self verified or verified by someone else

- Completely blank profiles

That is the same with men, women and couples.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Usually one word or sentence messages that give me nothing to go on. I just see that as a lack of interest on their side.

I'm also terrible at replying to them in good time as I like to think about what I'm going to write

Reply privately

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

I will always reply but if they can only manage one word, abrupt, non engaging replies then I soon lose the will to live. I’ve found this even when they’ve initiated the rapport. I’ll try to engage in varying topics to coax some level of conversation but ultimately end up with my eyes rolled back in my head and dribbling

Reply privately

By *egvisir71Man
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Normally when the conversation is one sided and they don't show ask questions back. "

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I have to be in the mood to reply sometimes i mark it as unread and reply when i have a moment to put effort into the message. Sometimes people get a bag on and block me before i reply. "

Some people are so demanding !

Sometimes I simply forget or don’t have time , especially on what’s app and within a day it’s off the screen. And then the dreaded “why haven’t you read/replied, are you ignoring me” makes me so angry I purposely don’t reply then. I sometimes wait a week for a reply and never get arsey, people have lives outside of fab

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In the interests of equality, and as requested

It could be from a man, but more specifically, messages from women?"

The few messages I have had from women or couples I do tend to reply. Messages from men I will reply if I know them or if it's a complimentary I will reply thanking them for the compliment but they are not what I'm into. I have been guilty too of not replying to the odd one if it's lewd or its a just a hi from someone of the opposite sex I don't know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I am guilty. When I am trying to bore someone out of continuing to message me. I suspect that's not what you mean though?

Reply privately

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I am guilty. When I am trying to bore someone out of continuing to message me. I suspect that's not what you mean though? "

I do this too when I’m not feeling it. I think a fizzle is kinder than a ‘this is going nowhere and I want to end this conversation’

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've replied to every message Ive ever received except a handful of offensive ones. Obviously only getting three messages a week helps with the admin but still, go me !

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

I generally respond, unless it's from a bloke, who thinks 'straigh't on my profile is negotiable.

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

My profile pics are so rubbish I very rarely get messages, and the very few that I've had are crap one liners.. I always reply but know it's not going any where.

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

^ That’s mean! I never know if they just have really bad communication skills, I’d rather be ignored

Reply privately

By *heHookyMonsterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Ha ha! Is it a trick question?

Messages are incredibly rare for a lot of us single guys (even those of us who try to do all the right things). That being said the only reason I stop things in their tracks is when it's blatantly a man pretending to be a woman, otherwise I give things a fair chance to see if it goes anywhere before making a negative judgment. Persona and personality counts fir a lot, not just looks. A great connection is really fantastic for me.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I am guilty. When I am trying to bore someone out of continuing to message me. I suspect that's not what you mean though?

I do this too when I’m not feeling it. I think a fizzle is kinder than a ‘this is going nowhere and I want to end this conversation’"

Yeah, I get the feeling I know when this happens so take it as a cue to leave things there

Reply privately

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I reply to the messages I receive, it may be a no thank you. I Say it more than yes please

I don't gdt any messages ffrom genders I have no interest in.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do this too when I’m not feeling it. I think a fizzle is kinder than a ‘this is going nowhere and I want to end this conversation’"

I hate having to say "this is going nowhere" but reading what guys are saying - maybe it's nicer and fairer to do that?

Reply privately

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

getting a message would be nice !

Reply privately

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I do this too when I’m not feeling it. I think a fizzle is kinder than a ‘this is going nowhere and I want to end this conversation’

I hate having to say "this is going nowhere" but reading what guys are saying - maybe it's nicer and fairer to do that? "

I’m thinking you’re right and now I feel bad I guess it does come down to poor communication on my part that I can’t just be straight!

Reply privately

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

If i'm clearly not attracted to them or their profile puts me off

If they're a man who's clearly after something

Reply privately

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

or if it's a dead end in a conversation

Reply privately

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It is extremely rare that I will get an unsolicited first message, but if I did and I wasn't interested, I would reply and say so, not quite as bluntly though

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

I hate having to say "this is going nowhere" but reading what guys are saying - maybe it's nicer and fairer to do that? "

Definitely, no harm in saying your not interested, tho suspect some guys(nutters) might not take it well...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I carry a lot of non-response guilt to what are, quite often, friendly approaches

A lot of time I just don't know what to say back

Building frienships really isn't my bag so conversations run dry very quickly and I know that's the case so I think why bother, why waste their time when it's going to end up at a dead end anyway

Some of the time, I just can't be arsed to respond and then, having left it, I think why bother replying now, the moment's gone

Some of the time, I am just out of headspace and don't have the creativity to put a meaningful response together

Some of time I see a message and think 'oh, here we go' , how long before I'm being asked to wank on cam or send candid pics or talk dirty

Honestly, that just bores the arse off me

Most of the time, certainly with messages from men, I just can't be arsed going through the niceties of approach and response when you know, from the outset, they are just skirting round the issue of am I looking for a shag

As I am rarely looking for a shag, I can't even be bothered to be polite and respond

Is that an open enough response?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hate having to say "this is going nowhere" but reading what guys are saying - maybe it's nicer and fairer to do that?

Definitely, no harm in saying your not interested, tho suspect some guys(nutters) might not take it well..."

No, no harm but it's not pleasant to be saying no a lot. Especially to someone who is nice but it's just not panning out

Reply privately

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I do this and a few will argue I haven't given it a chance, we should just meet bla bla bla. Some accept it as intended and move on

Reply privately

By *nked rascalMan
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

In general, I’ll always reply…but if it’s just a ‘hey’ from a silhouette, I’ll check the profile to see if they could be arsed to put any pics up, if not, I’ll ignore. That’s really the only time I’ll not reply. No harm in being polite.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don’t get any messages

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"If they’re rude or abrupt. For example I had one that messaged saying ‘can we a see a face pic’ they hadn’t even said hello!

Also, if they’re clearly not what I’m looking for and they message anyway, for example age ranges etc "

She probably wanted to wank over it

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

Thought this was about guys not replying? I would guess few don't reply. There's a delay as they have to unfaint, but they usually reply.

I know I always treat any wink or message as a chance to open comms and possibly chat to someone interesting.

Reply privately

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Personally speaking, I would rather someone explicitly tell me they wanted to end the conversation. I do, however, understand that there are a number of reasons people wouldn't want to do that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I sometimes think you can just tell if you’re right for someone or not, so gut instinct from a profile their pictures and what they want from meets.

I agree with what’s been said previously, I can’t stand closed ended responses with nothing to work with. It shows lack of effort or personality, which I am looking for. They may not care for that so again I get it, but we don’t match.

Reply privately

By *ryingitout19Man
over a year ago

Wales

"If they’re rude or abrupt. For example I had one that messaged saying ‘can we a see a face pic’ they hadn’t even said hello!

Also, if they’re clearly not what I’m looking for and they message anyway, for example age ranges etc

She probably wanted to wank over it "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Monosyllabic answers or replies..

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Because they didn't read my profile

I don't fancy her husband

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always reply to every first message I get.. (mainly when I joined from guys refusing to acknowledge I'm straight ).. Even to say no thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do this and a few will argue I haven't given it a chance, we should just meet bla bla bla. Some accept it as intended and move on "

I'm reading that it's actually making mens' experience of the site crap so I will be clearer sooner if I don't feel the convo is going anywhere and take my chances.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always reply, even to those who clearly are taking the chance that I'm 'Fab-straight'.

I haven't received a rude response, unlike the women who receive some vile ones.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

..full and totally agree.

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 22:15:55]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always respond to every message I receive. Even if it is to inform the person I am not interested I feel it’s best to let them know.

Reply privately

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 22:15:50]

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I ever get a message I don't want to reply to, I'll let you know.

Actually, if I ever get a message...!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Can’t say fairer than this really

Reply privately

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

If it’s a man wanting to make merry with my penis, it’s an instant delete.

I usually reply to women, unless I don’t like the tone of their message or are completely not interested.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"If it’s a man wanting to make merry with my penis, it’s an instant delete.

I usually reply to women, unless I don’t like the tone of their message or are completely not interested. "

Make merry with my penis!!! Stealing this for all my pick up lines from now one

Reply privately

over a year ago

I usually reply to women, unless I don’t like the tone of their message or are completely not interested. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always reply on here anyway. And will always try and reply on other platforms, usually don’t to obvious fake profiles as those are annoying.

Reply privately

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I usually reply to women, unless I don’t like the tone of their message or are completely not interested.

Make merry with my penis!!! Stealing this for all my pick up lines from now one "

All intellectual property is theft, take it with my blessing!

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Because I'm here for me and my main quest is to fulfill my hunger so if we don't have similar interests, secondly if not good crac,if just chit chat

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

No comment

Reply privately

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Because I rarely get messages ! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

To be honest I try reply to all messages regardless of gender

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Usually because the message is just Hi, howz u, or just an emoji...

Both leave me wondering where to go from there.

More strangely the message i once received that just said "?"...

I almost replied ! But couldn't quite work up the enthusiasm.

Having been away for a while though my inbox is usually full....

Of spiders

Reply privately

over a year ago

Having no pictures. Not even in private. Means they really cant be bothered or a fake profile. Probably 2nd

Reply privately

By *hostwolfMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

I always reply honestly, honesty is the best policy

Reply privately

By *oungJayyMan
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Wait, people don't reply to women on here? I tend to find that a message from a woman means they're either crazy for wanting to get to know me, or a fake profile!

But I always reply to women, I like knowing what they're wanting to find out

Reply privately

over a year ago

My honest answer is my brain struggles to keep track of more than 2 different conversations

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

I have time for almost everyone on here. But one reasons and almost once reason and that is messages from guys (probably lying regarding their classes status) with 'u wanna suk ck' clearly haven't read my profile. I used to send back replys to these messages like maybe you should go to a library, so you can learn to read. But now I don't bother.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some of u guys are hilarious x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Some of u guys are hilarious x "

Not sure if a compliment or insult touché Kylie I'm baffles haha

Reply privately

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

"Some of u guys are hilarious x

Not sure if a compliment or insult touché Kylie I'm baffles haha"

Me two.

Reply privately

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

A message that didn't give me much to go off, like just 'Hi' or 'Hey' unless I'm particularly taken by the profile. I like women who have something to say for themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ll always send a reply unless they’ve killed the conversation with their reply.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t think I’ve ever not replied

Reply privately

over a year ago

Asking for a friend request in the first message x

Reply privately

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

I always reply but it's easy when you rarely get them

Reply privately

By *neakypeaky30Man
over a year ago

Midlands

I try to reply to every message. If i don't i guarantee I've either fallen asleep or left myself logged in while working or going about my business

Reply privately

over a year ago

Always try and reply at some point. Get that many it’s difficult honest.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 07:42:46]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t generally get messages that would t warrant a polite reply, so usually it’s a polite thank you and a polite declining if their offer.

Guys who ask generally just get deleted or a thanks and left at that.

Reply privately

By *1c4yMan
over a year ago

stourbridge

You try start a convo and you get one word reply.

You check the pics and there is multi pics of woman being bare backed.

Been on a year and no varies.

The slightest possibility it could be a single guy in a female / couple account.

A passive aggressive bio or message is a big turn off for me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always reply. Usually with something like ' Oh fuck you messaged me! Does that mean we can get married now?? PLEEEEEEASE don't leave meeeeee!!!'

Reply privately

over a year ago

Verifications are the biggest reason i dont reply, or if the profile text suggests a heavily and falsely massaged ego that is waaaay too big...... it pisses some off if i dont reply to them, ha, now you know how most guys feel..

i also get "you looked at my profile but didnt message me, why?" Wow, how highly do you rate yourself lady is all that comes to mind....

Problem is women sleep with who they want, guys with who will let them...power is always with the women so occasionally nice to claim some of that power back..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I always reply. Usually with something like ' Oh fuck you messaged me! Does that mean we can get married now?? PLEEEEEEASE don't leave meeeeee!!!'"

Reply privately

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"- Not feeling it.

- It's an umwanted (and normally graphic) approach from a guy.

- It's a couple account that's clearly just a guy.

That's pretty much it I think

LvM"

This

Reply privately

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Had a message yday it read.... what's your name and phone number?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 08:20:33]

Reply privately

over a year ago

What are these message things you speak of? And are men exempt?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I get very few messages mainly because I'm an older man but would always reply despite what fab says its bloody rude not to

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I get very few messages mainly because I'm an older man but would always reply despite what fab says its bloody rude not to "

It really isn’t, but this is not the thread for that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a message that was just "hi" on Saturday, dispite my initial thoughts, I did respond, making a tiny bit more effort and inquired about their weekend. My message was read and ignored, I can only conclude that such little effort in an initial message, is a sign of the effort they're likely to bring to any meet. So it'll be a simple case of delete in future.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I get very few messages mainly because I'm an older man but would always reply despite what fab says its bloody rude not to

It really isn’t, but this is not the thread for that. "

Shows how times and manners have changed lol

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I always reply, but the effort I put in mirrors the effort they put in (a surprising number of messages are just 'hi' and get the same back) and depends on my level of interest.

Even guys messaging get a polite, I'm not interested, but good luck type message.

It's much easy for us men to reply though as we get a manageable number of messages.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"I get very few messages mainly because I'm an older man but would always reply despite what fab says its bloody rude not to

Shows how times and manners have changed lol"

Yes, in the past people wouldn't have received hundreds of messages from random strangers.

Do you reply to even bit of junk mail through the door or just chuck it in the bin?

Reply privately

By *drenaline rushMan
over a year ago

Burnley

Only reason I would not reply would be if the message was rude or if the message was wrote In a way that made me feel they were being disrespectful or looking do an on me like in a derogatory way

And sometime just don’t have time to get through all the messages

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shows how times and manners have changed lol"

Hippychick posed the same question to women. Perhaps if you read it you might see things differently?

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1221076

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

When it's obvious that their approach is to get your attention and hope that you will chase them.

Recent examples of this are opening messages full of smoke blowing about how amazing my pics and bio are but then proceed to show that they definitely haven't read a word of my profile.

Reply privately

By *lwaysonmymind!Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I generally reply to all messages even if it’s just say "NO THANKS".

But then I don’t get many messages so I guess that it’s not so time consuming.

Reading a profile for like 30 secs and looking at a few pics does not give you a full synopsis of someone and what they are about.

I have learned more about a person once communication has commenced.

This is personal preference though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m the same I always say hi but no thanks

Reply privately

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Some messages I get from women mention about wanting a daddy but I'm not into that. I also get a lot of messages from men that want to suck my cock I'm bloody straight so I just don't bother to reply quite often I will reply saying no thanks

Reply privately

By *eediousMan
over a year ago

Smallville

Where do I start!?

- The ultra-imaginative ‘Hi’: It is not a face to face meeting. Some women definitely have no game as they are not used to men approaching them.

- ‘do you have a face pic’: yes, I do but why should I send it to you when I don’t know you and you can’t even be bothered to introduce yourself properly.

- The ones who write a fairly good message but then when you read their profile, it smacks of arrogance or they are just unrealistic or too much hard work. Nobody has time for massaging egos to get a fuck. Where some men see long legs and tits, I see bloody hard work for someone I have no business investing my time in. Please, miss me with that BS.

- This classic one from the men: ‘bro, how are you? Any luck with getting some pussy on here?’

Sigh ….this isn’t an American frathouse and we aren’t teenagers. Besides, what I get and don’t get is none of your damn business! Get out of the house and meet real people!

- The classic one from what is clearly single white guys with their dicks in their hand as they type: “lovely profile. I am looking for a black guy to seduce my wife. We are new to the scene”.

Mate, you have no wife, you have toxic fetishisation issues, you watch too much porn, and it’s no wonder you are writing to me instead of a woman on here. Cos you have no game, and you are dull & uninteresting.

Reply privately

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

For me and to be honest it’s mainly guys who message just saying they want to suck my cock or fuck them.

The other one that doesn’t sit well with me and this time it’s younger women or TVs that message calling me daddy.

Each to their own but I find it hard to reply without sounding off and I don’t like doing that, so I normally reply with a simple thanks and leave it at that.

Reply privately

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Some messages I get from women mention about wanting a daddy but I'm not into that. I also get a lot of messages from men that want to suck my cock I'm bloody straight so I just don't bother to reply quite often I will reply saying no thanks "

Doh I could have just said ditto.

Reply privately

By *ames5169Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

I’d always reply but would stop if things weren’t going the way I’d hoped but would always explain xxx

Reply privately

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Because they haven’t read my profile.. no attraction

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

From my experience, they stop replying after they run out of relatives to have staying over.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am inquisitive and like asking questions. But if someone doesn’t ask questions back I very quickly loose interest and don’t reply

Reply privately

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

Not reading profile first is the main reason

Reply privately

By *lhr1061Man
over a year ago

Warwickshire

Always reply, even if it's just to say no thanks.

Reply privately

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

I always reply to a first message.

For subsequent messages there are a few things that would put me off.

1. Requests to do things I really don’t want to try

2. If their profile is clearly off putting (pics or views expressed within the text)

3. If they have no verifications and refuse a social meet or verification call before a meet to prove genuine

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I don't reply it is usually blank profiles, names that are re-used by the idiots with the generic profile or something said just makes me delete and block.

Most the time I will chat crap with anyone.

Reply privately

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

One or two word responses to a well worded message to them or random stuff about penguins.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it’s just a message dishing out abuse I don’t reply but I generally try and at least say thank you. Not to the abuse though I’m not into that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"One or two word responses to a well worded message to them or random stuff about penguins. "

Penguins?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Usually if I get a “free now” message late at night when I’m not free, because that’s when I usually get abuse. If I reply along the lines “I’m not free but would love to arrange another time” I often get “fuck you time waster” kind of messages so I just leave those unless I know them.

Reply privately

By *rungeguyMan
over a year ago

leeds

Think I’ve replied to everyone. Apart from men

Reply privately

over a year ago

Genuinely try to reply to all messages received but have delete a few without replying due to rudeness, Meet now request or abusive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When they message you first, then put absolutely no effort in whatsoever and you have to carry the conversation.. puts us off straight away.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"When they message you first, then put absolutely no effort in whatsoever and you have to carry the conversation.. puts us off straight away. "

So would you prefer it, if I read your profile and asked if you have been back to Libs since lockdown ended?

(The Jacuzzi was out of action, as it was a purely social event when I was there with my other half.)

The guest rooms are stunning too.

Reply privately

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

"Usually if I get a “free now” message late at night when I’m not free, because that’s when I usually get abuse. If I reply along the lines “I’m not free but would love to arrange another time” I often get “fuck you time waster” kind of messages so I just leave those unless I know them."

U free now

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll reply to everyone, but not bothered if somone doesn't reply to me , it's all part of the game.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I will always try to reply to a message and just tell the person I'm not into what they are offering (if that's the case). Better to close the loop than getting repeat messages

Reply privately

over a year ago

The only messages i have never replied to are penis pictures from guys before i blocked men from messaging everyother message i have had (tbf not many) i have replied to

Reply privately

over a year ago

I rarely get messages from women and don’t get messages from men due to filters

But what would make me not reply is nothing, if I’m not interested I’d say so but I’m not inundated with all sorts so much easier for me I’m guessing

Reply privately

over a year ago

I block men, but always reply to a message from a lady, because it's polite and I am hardly inundated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I always have courtesy to reply to a lady - even if I wasn’t fully attracted… maybe I’m too much of a gent?

Reply privately

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

"messages from women"........you crack me up!

Reply privately

over a year ago

If such a thing happens, please call the emergency.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't get messages or views from Women. Only Men seem to like hairy Men. Why is that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"messages from women"........you crack me up! "

Pfft, bet you get loads

Reply privately

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

"I always reply to messages, even if its from men or women who aren't my type.

Its the polite thing to do. Nothing worse than seeing that a message has been read and you don't recieve a reply"

Can I suggest you read the site FAQs, and the ladies version of this thread

Reply privately

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

So reading this, very few guys either read or took anything from the ladies version of this thread.

It's the polite thing to do, I. Always curteous enough blah blah blah. Sigh. It's got fuck all to do with manners.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So reading this, very few guys either read or took anything from the ladies version of this thread.

It's the polite thing to do, I. Always curteous enough blah blah blah. Sigh. It's got fuck all to do with manners. "

Yep! I think it goes deeper than ‘manners’.

Reply privately

By *nderson007Man
over a year ago

Dunfermline

My main reason for not replying is cos I hardly ever get any messages haha

Reply privately

By *orny_biigcockMan
over a year ago

oxford

Not slutty enough :p xx

Reply privately

By *acDreamyMan
over a year ago

Wirral

I always respond once to say no thanks but won't respond if then get loads more messages.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don’t reply if the message is too boring or too bland. If I’m called ‘hun’ or some other Americanism, but mostly I just can’t be faffed if a Bond film is on. They got waits tills I’m on da shitta.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If their avatar is just a pair of tits.

You women never learn!

Seen one pair of perfectly formed exquisite breasts seen them all

Reply privately

over a year ago

If their avatar is just a pair of tits.

You women never learn!

Seen one pair of perfectly formed exquisite breasts seen them all "

Pfft, bloody one trick ponies .

Reply privately

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

Pfft, bet you get loads "

Unfortunately, I think that’s what all the ladies think, so nobody messages…….

Reply privately

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

Pfft, bet you get loads

Unfortunately, I think that’s what all the ladies think, so nobody messages……. "

Too far!

Reply privately

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

Pfft, bet you get loads

Unfortunately, I think that’s what all the ladies think, so nobody messages…….

Too far! "

Ahh yes; and geography bites! x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally as a single male on fab, I can honestly say in the six or so year's I've been on here I've never not replied to a message sent from a female.

Mainly due to the fact of having never received one yet.

Maybe if a female was to send me a message I could try not to reply.

Reply privately

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

I try to reply to most messages from genuine women but wary of the fakes ( normally guys pretending to be women) No reply to :-

Silhouette profiles

Lazy ‘ hey hun’ messages

Not photo verified

No bio

Photo requests in first message

Women I don’t find attractive

Reply privately

over a year ago

I reply to pretty much anyone, but I do ignore any really crude ones like an offer to meet someone now,in a toilet for a bj

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I reply to pretty much anyone, but I do ignore any really crude ones like an offer to meet someone now,in a toilet for a bj "

Sorry about that . I was exceptionally horny

Reply privately

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I very rarely get initial messages, but I think the only one I’ve not replied to was an invitation to a club night.

Just blatant advertising; I get why, but I’m not here to be sold to.

In terms of not keeping a conversation going, it’s usually due to closed replies or just not getting a feeling of compatibility with the other person/people.

Reply privately

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

I reply to pretty much anyone, but I do ignore any really crude ones like an offer to meet someone now,in a toilet for a bj "

After my comments on various bj threads, I doubt I will ever receive an offer like that (not from a woman anyway)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Where do I start!?

- The ultra-imaginative ‘Hi’: It is not a face to face meeting. Some women definitely have no game as they are not used to men approaching them.

- ‘do you have a face pic’: yes, I do but why should I send it to you when I don’t know you and you can’t even be bothered to introduce yourself properly.

- The ones who write a fairly good message but then when you read their profile, it smacks of arrogance or they are just unrealistic or too much hard work. Nobody has time for massaging egos to get a fuck. Where some men see long legs and tits, I see bloody hard work for someone I have no business investing my time in. Please, miss me with that BS.

- This classic one from the men: ‘bro, how are you? Any luck with getting some pussy on here?’

Sigh ….this isn’t an American frathouse and we aren’t teenagers. Besides, what I get and don’t get is none of your damn business! Get out of the house and meet real people!

- The classic one from what is clearly single white guys with their dicks in their hand as they type: “lovely profile. I am looking for a black guy to seduce my wife. We are new to the scene”.

Mate, you have no wife, you have toxic fetishisation issues, you watch too much porn, and it’s no wonder you are writing to me instead of a woman on here. Cos you have no game, and you are dull & uninteresting.

"

Reply privately