Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Face pic ?

Jump to newest

By *xon300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Daventry

Why do so many profiles not have a clear face pic but insist on seeing one straight away ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/10/21 19:44:35]

over a year ago

It would depend. If you’re messaging someone with the hope of meeting them and they want a face pic then that’s fair enough. If they contacted you first and asked for one then that’s completely different

By *xon300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Daventry

Yes a lot are looking to meet and ask for a clear face pic but don't have one showing on their profile

over a year ago

"Yes a lot are looking to meet and ask for a clear face pic but don't have one showing on their profile"

It is common here to request others compromise their privacy and anonymity whilst retaining your own

The ball is in your court as to whether you wish to do so

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

"Yes a lot are looking to meet and ask for a clear face pic but don't have one showing on their profile"

I don't show my face publicly due to my work and personal life but I'm happy to do so in a message to someone.

Most people would want to see the person they are talking to anyway. Put a name to a face so to speak

over a year ago

Privacy

Not wanting people to know you're on here

Not wanting to get sacked

Not wanting someone telling your kids?

over a year ago

Like we said it would depend on who makes first contact for us. If we contact someone else we’re doing so on their terms so we expect the same from people who contact us. We would never meet anyone if we hadn’t seen their face beforehand and most people will be the same.

Also exchanging face pics early on stops messaging back and forth only to realise we’re not attracted to each other.

By *xon300 OP   Man
over a year ago

Daventry

Yes agreed it would save a lot of time as there has to be an attraction

over a year ago

Because why would they want to talk to you if they don't know if you have any appeal to them, they have obviously already appealed to you in some way for you to message them and at the end of the day just because they ask doesn't mean you have to oblige

over a year ago

"Because why would they want to talk to you if they don't know if you have any appeal to them, they have obviously already appealed to you in some way for you to message them and at the end of the day just because they ask doesn't mean you have to oblige "

Pretty much this ^^^

over a year ago

The person who is sending the first message holds the responsibility of impressing the other person. So you follow their rules. People keep their pictures private for obvious reasons.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Maybe due to some women getting so much mail, they use a face pic as a filter.

I'd never ask for 1 first message, but early on so we don't waste each others time, happy to swap mine.

If it's a bug bear op, don't respond to those profiles.

By *est Mims LookingCouple
over a year ago

Crofton

I don't want anyone I'm not interested in to see much of myself. Too many pic collectors.

I require 1 bc most don't have any & i don't want to waste my time or theirs if they don't fit what I'm looking for. I have a certain type i like.

Post new Message to Thread