Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hold music

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As part of my job I have to listen to a variety of different hold music so it triggered a question.

What company in your opinion has the best hold music? What makes it the best? Do you prefer songs you could hear on the radio, classical, or smooth jazz type music?

Doughnut

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wish they would change it up a bit. Having to call the same company and be on hold for 45 minutes+ is terrible when they have the same 4 songs on rotation.

over a year ago

"I wish they would change it up a bit. Having to call the same company and be on hold for 45 minutes+ is terrible when they have the same 4 songs on rotation. "

4 songs that's generous I listen to the same hold music for 45 minutes and it's just a loop of the same scratchy guitar

Doughnut

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I didn't used to mind Eons hold music.

My doctors is abysmal though

over a year ago

"I didn't used to mind Eons hold music.

My doctors is abysmal though "

O2 were OK but they've changed it now

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

I can't say what company is better or what music I would like to hear as in tracks but I can say what I don't like.

I don't like uplifting things can only get better type hold music when I'm on hold for more than 3 minutes, I start to get jaded. If the music could get slower and less loud the longer I'm on hold I think it would extend my patience.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't know about the best but I certainly know the worst I've ever heard. I once heard a CD of Chopin piano music being played. It was all very jolly until they got to the 3rd movement of his second sonata. If you want to know why that's so bad, listen to this and imagine hearing it while you're on hold:

https://youtu.be/oL_HFnnywEU

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

"I don't know about the best but I certainly know the worst I've ever heard. I once heard a CD of Chopin piano music being played. It was all very jolly until they got to the 3rd movement of his second sonata. If you want to know why that's so bad, listen to this and imagine hearing it while you're on hold:

https://youtu.be/oL_HFnnywEU"

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"

https://youtu.be/oL_HFnnywEU"

Being a fan of classical, I knew exactly what that movement was.

However, I suppose it might be appropriate when calling an undertakers or something.

(Even a broken analogue watch tells the time correctly twice a day, and all that).

I do like classical for on hold music though. It's timeless.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Loving Thames Water and their hold music, just jazzy enough to keep me entertained.

That being said, any loop of music on hold is enough to drive you crazy

By *rMojoRisinMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I have to ring the DWP a lot at work, they’ve killed Vivaldi for me!

Post new Message to Thread