Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Serious question…

So many times I’ve heard the phrases

How’s your luck?

I haven’t been lucky yet!

Just trying my luck!

I kinda, in a weird kinda way, want to know, how much does luck play in fab??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Luck of timing is definitely in there a little.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'd agree with Stelly, there's definitely luck of timing. The person I'm seeing I've known for some time but we've never quite *ahermed* until luck meant we were both open to the idea of it. Is that luck or just good timing? Maybe that's what luck is, things falling into place in a positive way.

Like that message that might have gone unread but the woman was feeling horny and confident and decided to read it.

The wink that might have been ignored but the couple was playing in a forum game and decided to check theirs.

over a year ago

"Luck of timing is definitely in there a little. "

Is this luck or just timing and being open to taking the opportunity?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Physical appearance is largely down to luck in the genetic lottery.

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

"Luck of timing is definitely in there a little.

Is this luck or just timing and being open to taking the opportunity?"

I’m talking specifically luck of timing, like Meli referenced.

over a year ago

"I'd agree with Stelly, there's definitely luck of timing. The person I'm seeing I've known for some time but we've never quite *ahermed* until luck meant we were both open to the idea of it. Is that luck or just good timing? Maybe that's what luck is, things falling into place in a positive way.

Like that message that might have gone unread but the woman was feeling horny and confident and decided to read it.

The wink that might have been ignored but the couple was playing in a forum game and decided to check theirs. "

Great points. I see luck as a random event that you leave to chance but you made some good about how a chain of events can lead to something that has been left to chance

over a year ago

"Physical appearance is largely down to luck in the genetic lottery."

You can change your physical appearance as much as you want if you have the time and money

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I dislike the term ‘luck’ in much the same way people talk about ‘success’.

It implies that people are something to win

over a year ago

"Physical appearance is largely down to luck in the genetic lottery.

You can change your physical appearance as much as you want if you have the time and money"

I don't think that's true at all !

over a year ago

"I dislike the term ‘luck’ in much the same way people talk about ‘success’.

It implies that people are something to win "

Great point. I do wonder if luck is a reason or excuse given when things don’t work out or they do rather than looking at the bigger picture

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No its down to Chance

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

Part of it is down to luck really I find. Just being at the right place or right time. You may caught someone on a good day or perhaps you tick someone's boxes. Then other aspects come into play too but yeah, I would definitely say luck is up there among the list as well

over a year ago

You can change your physical appearance as much as you want if you have the time and money

I don't think that's true at all ! "

Why?

By *smith197505Man
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Luck definitely

I’ve messaged loads of people and got some response but we exchange details and I wait…

The last one was I was free and he said come over, not seen since

Another said he was straight and he came over my chest after me sucking him

over a year ago

"No its down to Chance "

The difference being?

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

Luck of which messages are at the top of my list. I barely read any as it is and when I decide to have a look it’s usually just the top few I will check out.

over a year ago

Definitely... Right time : right place (thread/mail box)

over a year ago

"Part of it is down to luck really I find. Just being at the right place or right time. You may caught someone on a good day or perhaps you tick someone's boxes. Then other aspects come into play too but yeah, I would definitely say luck is up there among the list as well "

Or is that down to opportunity that has been created?

over a year ago

"I dislike the term ‘luck’ in much the same way people talk about ‘success’.

It implies that people are something to win "

Ditto

over a year ago

"Luck definitely

I’ve messaged loads of people and got some response but we exchange details and I wait…

Another said he was straight and he came over my chest after me sucking him"

So you consider if a meet works or not down luck rather than other factors?

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Christ no… I’m really hard work to meet and there’s nothing lucky about my last few choices.

over a year ago

"Luck of which messages are at the top of my list. I barely read any as it is and when I decide to have a look it’s usually just the top few I will check out. "

Luck of timing then?

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"No its down to Chance "

I prefer a Community Chest

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

No. Its more down to compatibility x

over a year ago

"Definitely... Right time : right place (thread/mail box) "

Again another vote for luck of timing

By *smith197505Man
over a year ago

Bournemouth

Go to jail and don’t collect £200

over a year ago

Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?”

Have experienced both, thankfully more good than bad...

over a year ago

Why? "

Because it's not even a serious proposition. Changes possible through cosmetic surgery are extremely limited and superficial, often look awful, and do not alter the genetics which underpin our appearance and ageing process. A billion pounds would not make you or I look like Brad Pitt.

over a year ago

I'm much more lucky in a club,I think it's because although I think my profile is ok,in a club lady's and couples can see who they're talking to and know I'm genuine,and because of that they're more relaxed and comfortable,where as on site there's so many idiots guys who have tantrums,can't write a decent message,am I right ladies?

over a year ago

As with anything in life, yeah, but you make your own luck.

over a year ago

Personally I don’t think it’s down to “luck” as such. I think fab is really what you make it…

That’s from going to socials, going to clubs, connecting with people there and then ball starts rolling. Making your profile stand out/appealing, good pictures, a decent bio. All these things require you to make some effort. So to me that’s not luck it’s time, patience & figuring out things and working on it.

Everyone has there own opinion but I believe you get out what you put in

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Timing, sending the message at the right time, both being free at the right time

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Why?

Because it's not even a serious proposition. Changes possible through cosmetic surgery are extremely limited and superficial, often look awful, and do not alter the genetics which underpin our appearance and ageing process. A billion pounds would not make you or I look like Brad Pitt.

"

Is it only people who look like Brad Pitt who get laid?

You could probably spend £50 on a haircut and grooming session, £200 on a new outfit and you’d look completely different. Not like a crap version of Mr Pitt but you’d look like an awesome version of you, which is probably more attractive

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

"Part of it is down to luck really I find. Just being at the right place or right time. You may caught someone on a good day or perhaps you tick someone's boxes. Then other aspects come into play too but yeah, I would definitely say luck is up there among the list as well

Or is that down to opportunity that has been created?"

Well, putting it that way, even getting a reply would be down to luck as well won't it. As someone else mentioned, more likely messages from the top would be read first perhaps or perhaps your timing might be off if that person may have bulk delete at that particular time so your message may have got lost. Just an example really

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Personally I don’t think it’s down to “luck” as such. I think fab is really what you make it…

That’s from going to socials, going to clubs, connecting with people there and then ball starts rolling. Making your profile stand out/appealing, good pictures, a decent bio. All these things require you to make some effort. So to me that’s not luck it’s time, patience & figuring out things and working on it.

Everyone has there own opinion but I believe you get out what you put in "

Totally agree.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"No its down to Chance

The difference being?"

Chance is a possibility of something happening

Luck is a superstitious feeling

over a year ago

Why?

Is it only people who look like Brad Pitt who get laid?

You could probably spend £50 on a haircut and grooming session, £200 on a new outfit and you’d look completely different. Not like a crap version of Mr Pitt but you’d look like an awesome version of you, which is probably more attractive "

I have never had sex with anyone that looked like Brad Pitt. But I still enjoyed myself.

over a year ago

We humans men/women. Run thrive exist on energy's. We go through highs & lows of them Every sec of the day.

Then our state of mind whats going on the surface and on a deeper level makes up the Cocktails of how we feel.and how others make us feel.

Men they state are mostly Visual

and go for the looks and assets of a women.

On the other hand women are mentally stimulated via the mind channel of how a man makes them feel on a connection,talk conversation & chemistry level.

Then many many other ingredients come into the mix. Hormones,monthly cycle, high sexual drive.drink,smoke etc etc etc

Luck word is used when we any of us may assume something has been attained or gone our way for us to feel the result has been achieved,

ie, right place right time ...

Mostly people are waiting for one or the other to approach or make a move or statement! Why??

In sales if you dont engage or open the Convo or pitch your say or take control. How will it happen? " by luck" ??

Action is required engagement

1) who you are.

2) where you are from .

3) why you are there.

Same in a club. On the street,on fb,or Fab..

over a year ago

I think its a very much right time right place thing. Very oppurtunistic that yours might just be the message I read today that Stirs something within me to reply. I dont think thats luck it just is what it is. Good fortune maybe. Is that the same thing

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Dont think luck comes into it

Physical appearance. The way someone communicates .u could av great banter by text but then wen u are 1 to 1 could b no go ..then if u get 2 the bedroom it could b fireworks or no go x so I think there are factors not luck x

over a year ago

"I'm much more lucky in a club,I think it's because although I think my profile is ok,in a club lady's and couples can see who they're talking to and know I'm genuine,and because of that they're more relaxed and comfortable,where as on site there's so many idiots guys who have tantrums,can't write a decent message,am I right ladies?"

Why do you think it’s down to luck?

over a year ago

"I'm much more lucky in a club,I think it's because although I think my profile is ok,in a club lady's and couples can see who they're talking to and know I'm genuine,and because of that they're more relaxed and comfortable,where as on site there's so many idiots guys who have tantrums,can't write a decent message,am I right ladies?"

In person & in the flesh you can express and show your best version of who you are .etc and people esp women can sense see and gage that all. 9/10 they know why you approached them!

On a site, internet whole diff ball game.

Would anyone do a Business deal or exchange on just a email or text??

They meet round table,then emails for further deals down the line etc .

over a year ago

"Dont think luck comes into it

Physical appearance. The way someone communicates .u could av great banter by text but then wen u are 1 to 1 could b no go ..then if u get 2 the bedroom it could b fireworks or no go x so I think there are factors not luck x "

110% agreed. So many many Variables. From both parties.

But he who dares can attain what they maybe set out to achieve at that given time,or even at later stages. On any given context. Not just Sex..

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"No its down to Chance

The difference being?

Chance is a possibility of something happening

Luck is a superstitious feeling"

The definition of luck is chance, rather than action.

I do get what you're trying to say though! I think it comes down to semantics really - we all have ideas about what luck means and associate it with certain things. We use a myriad of terms to describe it - good fortune, serendipity, success, karma etc.

Yes, we definitely can take action to increase our likelihood or even chance () of things playing out the way we'd like them to. It doesn't necessarily follow that the other person is receptive when you are. You can't plan for someone to show interest in you, you can't action that they do. You can increase the possibility of it a heck of a lot by being the best you etc but it's chance/luck/choose your poison that says ultimately yes.

over a year ago

"As with anything in life, yeah, but you make your own luck. "

Do you work towards your life goals? Or do you think that is a matter of luck?

over a year ago

"Luck definitely

Another said he was straight and he came over my chest after me sucking him

So you consider if a meet works or not down luck rather than other factors?"

Timeing. Of both are aligned it will happen. If not like a radio station dial in it won't catch the correct freqency. And will be all fuzzy..

over a year ago

"Personally I don’t think it’s down to “luck” as such. I think fab is really what you make it…

I can see you do all those things T, with a great attitude, photos, vids and profile. But someone who wasn't as handsome as you could do exactly the same with less success, or luck if you like. I just think that's the truth.

over a year ago

I would of agreed with you but the timing of things is also playing it’s part.

You can influence the timings though

over a year ago

"We humans men/women. Run thrive exist on energy's. We go through highs & lows of them Every sec of the day.

Then our state of mind whats going on the surface and on a deeper level makes up the Cocktails of how we feel.and how others make us feel.

On the other hand women are mentally stimulated via the mind channel of how a man makes them feel on a connection,talk conversation & chemistry level.

Then many many other ingredients come into the mix. Hormones,monthly cycle, high sexual drive.drink,smoke etc etc etc

Luck word is used when we any of us may assume something has been attained or gone our way for us to feel the result has been achieved,

Mostly people are waiting for one or the other to approach or make a move or statement! Why??

In sales if you dont engage or open the Convo or pitch your say or take control. How will it happen? " by luck" ??

1) who you are.

2) where you are from .

3) why you are there.

"

‘Luck word is used when we any of us may assume something has been attained or gone our way for us to feel the result has been achieved,‘

Luck is the justification of why something has happened?

over a year ago

"I think its a very much right time right place thing. Very oppurtunistic that yours might just be the message I read today that Stirs something within me to reply. I dont think thats luck it just is what it is. Good fortune maybe. Is that the same thing "

Good question. Is it the same?

over a year ago

"Timing, sending the message at the right time, both being free at the right time "

Is timing down to luck? Or is there higher powers at work?

over a year ago

I think luck, fate has a part to play in the timing. You could easily miss that chance of a spark. But I think the connection comes from chatting after the initial contact, message and hello.

over a year ago

"We humans men/women. Run thrive exist on energy's. We go through highs & lows of them Every sec of the day.

1) who you are.

2) where you are from .

3) why you are there.

‘Luck word is used when we any of us may assume something has been attained or gone our way for us to feel the result has been achieved,‘

Luck is the justification of why something has happened?"

Ok. Describe in your own words what luck means to you?

I walked to the bus stop and the bus came that very minute. I caught it by luck??

Everything that happens is by cause and reason.

Nothing ever just happens.

My opinion.

All are entitled to their very own. All depends where and how you stand...

over a year ago

Its luck you message/receive a message from a person you connect with. It's luck you're in the mood to chat and develop the conversation.

I think.

Ask me tomorrow , I'll gibe a different answer probably

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

A little bit of luck such as being at the right place at the right time, but then a lot of Fab is based on your own actions, the effort put in, making connections with people. Is it luck that puts that special person in your path though.... interesting question OP.

over a year ago

"I think luck, fate has a part to play in the timing. You could easily miss that chance of a spark. But I think the connection comes from chatting after the initial contact, message and hello. "

You can create sparks from interacting with someone on the forums. Hence the question about luck

over a year ago

"Its luck you message/receive a message from a person you connect with. It's luck you're in the mood to chat and develop the conversation.

I think.

Ask me tomorrow , I'll gibe a different answer probably"

Luck of the draw with your answer then

By *unky_Fab_FellaMan
over a year ago

Nr Boston

I dont have much "luck"

I also know im one of many, so I accept that things will he steady.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I think it plays a big role

Being born attractive is luck. That’s a huge advantage.

over a year ago

"I dont have much "luck"

I also know im one of many, so I accept that things will he steady."

What are you calling luck?

By *handlerMonicaCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

Always an element of luck for any interaction, but make the effort and get yourself in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing, and you'll definitely be "luckier"

over a year ago

"I think it plays a big role

Being born attractive is luck. That’s a huge advantage. "

Personality and character as also big attractors which are developed

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

[Removed by poster at 17/10/21 20:02:00]

By *eedleinahaystackMan
over a year ago

London/Essex

As already mentioned it’s down to pure timing if you tick the majority of the boxes

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Personality and character as also big attractors which are developed "

True, but luck still plays a role

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

I kinda, in a weird kinda way, want to know, how much does luck play in fab?? "

If you are asking if you make your own luck here… sure!

Do I think you need luck to get meets… then no!

over a year ago

True, but luck still plays a role "

In what sense?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

In what sense?"

Attractive people have an easier time getting meets

over a year ago

In what sense?

Attractive people have an easier time getting meets "

Totally

over a year ago

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

If you are asking if you make your own luck here… sure!

Do I think you need luck to get meets… then no!"

Not so much making your own luck or to get meets, just in general really

over a year ago

In what sense?

Attractive people have an easier time getting meets "

I agree but what makes someone attractive differs from person to person

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

In what sense?

I agree but what makes someone attractive differs from person to person "

Kinda, but kinda not. We can all agree that generally when it comes to attractiveness there’s more everyone has in common than they have different

A guy born 5’2 is gonna have a way harder time than a guy at 6’0. That’s universally true and entirely down to luck

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

mmm, good question

my beliefs include the feeling that The Fates do play their part in our destiny but that we can and do alter that path to a certain degree.

If you like, seems to me that if you put something you want "out there" strongly enough, the universe will respond.

I understand some will say that's twaddle but it's my point of view for me.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I think there’s sometimes a little lick in messaging a person at the right time and not getting missed in their inbox. I still believe personality shines through on Fab and that makes a big difference (especially if you’re not ripped/toned etc) when speaking up a conversation.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I think there’s sometimes a little lick in messaging a person at the right time and not getting missed in their inbox. I still believe personality shines through on Fab and that makes a big difference (especially if you’re not ripped/toned etc) when speaking up a conversation."

Luck, not lick

over a year ago

"I'm much more lucky in a club,I think it's because although I think my profile is ok,in a club lady's and couples can see who they're talking to and know I'm genuine,and because of that they're more relaxed and comfortable,where as on site there's so many idiots guys who have tantrums,can't write a decent message,am I right ladies?

In person & in the flesh you can express and show your best version of who you are .etc and people esp women can sense see and gage that all. 9/10 they know why you approached them!

On a site, internet whole diff ball game.

Would anyone do a Business deal or exchange on just a email or text??

They meet round table,then emails for further deals down the line etc .

"

perfectly put.

over a year ago

"mmm, good question

my beliefs include the feeling that The Fates do play their part in our destiny but that we can and do alter that path to a certain degree.

If you like, seems to me that if you put something you want "out there" strongly enough, the universe will respond.

"

The law of attraction?

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think it's more about effort. The more effort you put in, the more likely you are to get lucky.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I spent my life waiting on luck. It was only when I took it all in my own hands(no pun intended) that things started to improve.

My fab journey has been exactly the same.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I messaged C on her single profile just as one of her stable decided during Covid he wanted more, which she wasn’t wanting…so luck played a very big part in my timing.

But when the message hit, what wasn’t luck, was that my profile and pics where detailed and decent enough to warrant a response. If my profile was blank or sparse then I’d never have got a response and this profile wouldn’t exist.

Luck definitely plays a part but FAB isn’t all down to luck…it’s making sure the percentages are in your favour when opportunity strikes…

K

over a year ago

I can see you do all those things T, with a great attitude, photos, vids and profile. But someone who wasn't as handsome as you could do exactly the same with less success, or luck if you like. I just think that's the truth."

But would the less handsome (in your opinion) guy have more success by doing those types of things when measure against himself not putting that type of effort in?

KJ

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

In what sense?

I agree but what makes someone attractive differs from person to person "

This. Totally!!!

Everyone has different ideas of aesthetics or handsome/pretty/good looking. Some classically handsome men do nothing for me. Some do.

Rather than saying folk are attractive, I always say whether they're attractive to me. Brad Pitt, Ronaldo, George Clooney? Not in the slightest.

Ryan Reynolds, Steven Mangan, Larry Lamb? Hell, yes!

(And his son, George. But that's starting to get weird, now....)

over a year ago

"

I can see you do all those things T, with a great attitude, photos, vids and profile. But someone who wasn't as handsome as you could do exactly the same with less success, or luck if you like. I just think that's the truth.

But would the less handsome (in your opinion) guy have more success by doing those types of things when measure against himself not putting that type of effort in?

KJ

"

Good question !

Yes, he almost certainly would. But not as much as the more attractive person. So you can improve your luck but luck will still play an important part.

By *eedleinahaystackMan
over a year ago

London/Essex

This…. Indeed

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

With how busy life is for everyone nowadays it's definitely a factor

By *agpie and RavenMan
over a year ago

Leicester

An old sports adage that applies to Fab single guys - The harder you work, the luckier you get.

Frank

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Timing is important as are all the elements of one's profile, and the available opportunities.

But, to paraphrase a cliche, The harder I work the luckier I become!

By *addy7.5x6Man
over a year ago

High Wycombe

A good, descriptive and detailed profile generates it's own luck, for those that actually bother to read them, of course

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"mmm, good question

The law of attraction?"

cosmic wishing lol

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Some but charisma also plays in to it of course... so roll a d20 and see what you get

LvM

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

“Taking a chance is much better then not taking one and if it doesn’t work out, at least you can say I’m glad I did instead of I wish I had.” Sounds sappy but make sense to me.

I’d send a message to him, the timing is right for the both of us, meet and enjoy each other’s company. That mutual attraction, a spark that ignites that fire and you skip dinner and have an impromptu weekend instead, all because I took a chance.

Luck, stars aligning, a greater power, as wonderful as those sound, taking a chance would be a first step and lucky is how I’d feel whether if worked out or not.

over a year ago

"I spent my life waiting on luck. It was only when I took it all in my own hands(no pun intended) that things started to improve.

My fab journey has been exactly the same. "

Agreed.

Grab the bull by the Horns.

Fate,everything happens for a reason.

Action is what changed your situation..

over a year ago

"I messaged C on her single profile just as one of her stable decided during Covid he wanted more, which she wasn’t wanting…so luck played a very big part in my timing.

But when the message hit, what wasn’t luck, was that my profile and pics where detailed and decent enough to warrant a response. If my profile was blank or sparse then I’d never have got a response and this profile wouldn’t exist.

Luck definitely plays a part but FAB isn’t all down to luck…it’s making sure the percentages are in your favour when opportunity strikes…

K"

This is exactly my thinking around it all. There is a great saying ‘the harder I work the luckier I get’

over a year ago

"“Taking a chance is much better then not taking one and if it doesn’t work out, at least you can say I’m glad I did instead of I wish I had.” Sounds sappy but make sense to me.

I’d send a message to him, the timing is right for the both of us, meet and enjoy each other’s company. That mutual attraction, a spark that ignites that fire and you skip dinner and have an impromptu weekend instead, all because I took a chance.

Luck, stars aligning, a greater power, as wonderful as those sound, taking a chance would be a first step and lucky is how I’d feel whether if worked out or not.

"

I think this is a great definition of the difference between luck and chance

over a year ago

"Some but charisma also plays in to it of course... so roll a d20 and see what you get

LvM"

I haven’t rolled a d20 since my D&D days

over a year ago

Why?

"

Or turn someone who's 5'6" into a 6 footer ...

over a year ago

Like everything in life, there are aspects of luck or chance or whatever you want to call it - if your message is bottom of the page with 30 straight after its unlikely t be read etc. Equally, you can behave in a way that increases your chances - message people who are online so you have a higher chance of your message being read for example. As with all things that have odds of success an increased number of tries can mean a higher chance (though in this game one good message will perform better than 20 crap ones)

The odd meet could be put down to luck, getting lots of meets or lots of rejection suggests something other than luck at play.

Mr

over a year ago

" luck "

Success or failure apparently brought by chance. Rather than by one's actions.

Thats what it means in full.

So a chance? Or brought by oppertunity created through action?

over a year ago

Luck has absolutely nothing to do with how successful you’ll be on fab, unless we’re talking about that small window just before my period and the first day of my period where I could message a guy and be like you, come and fuck me now, that would be luck. Other than that it’s everything to do with whether the person you’re interested in finds you attractive or not.

over a year ago

I have no idea.

If I hadn't rejoined fab, if he hadn't looked his fab account, that day, if I hadn't been online, if my profile hadn't shown, if he hadn't messaged, if I hadn't replied.

That can't all be luck. Timing, chance maybe. Some might even say fate.

Things just happen when they happen. Why question it?

By *nked rascalMan
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

You can tie luck down to anything and everything if you believe in it. A positive person can see the best of anything and can put that down to luck

Personally I think there’s a mixture of things from timings, judgements, replying, if people say it’s luck, what’s wrong with that?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There's some luck involved but the majority of the results are due to strategy and effort, in my opinion.

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

It's mostly being in the right place at the right time. You're on our hotlist, we've just not messaged you yet

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

"Personally I think there’s a mixture of things from timings, judgements, replying, if people say it’s luck, what’s wrong with that? "

Damn! You're on our hotlist, too!

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

I think of fab like the ball pit at Ikea - whats the chances of diving in and finding the one ball with number 1 on it when you dont even know what colour ball you’re looking for.

Persevere and its more likely - give up after 1 go and you won’t.

over a year ago

I don't know, but let's start talking and see what happens? We can come back to this "luck" question in a little while

over a year ago

"I don't know, but let's start talking and see what happens? We can come back to this "luck" question in a little while "

Haha what do you want to talk about

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Some but charisma also plays in to it of course... so roll a d20 and see what you get

LvM"

Is it luck when a lady finds a dice-rolling guy super attractive?

By *ob08Man
over a year ago

Macclesfield

"I think of fab like the ball pit at Ikea - whats the chances of diving in and finding the one ball with number 1 on it when you dont even know what colour ball you’re looking for.

Persevere and its more likely - give up after 1 go and you won’t. "

Have they banned you from IKEA yet?

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

LvM

Is it luck when a lady finds a dice-rolling guy super attractive? "

Its not dice In My pocket - im happy to see you!!

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"I think of fab like the ball pit at Ikea - whats the chances of diving in and finding the one ball with number 1 on it when you dont even know what colour ball you’re looking for.

Persevere and its more likely - give up after 1 go and you won’t.

Have they banned you from IKEA yet?

"

. Not all of them…

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I've been pondering this since you posted it BG.

I agree with a lot of the points already made in the thread, but I also agree with Tea's statement about disliking the idea of "luck" and "success" because it's not about "winning".

The connections I've made here haven't been lucky as such, but there has certainly been an element of right place, right time, especially with a couple of people that I'm very close to. Saying that though, the more important elements have been the human ones.

Taking a chance on something being more than just forum talk, reaching out to someone when they were open to talking, a friend folding like a cheap suit when asked a direct question by another.

Some might call that luck, some might call it fate, some might call it being on here too much and paying too much attention to things. I'm a firm believer that if someone crosses your path they're meant to, but what you do after that is down to free will and personal choice.

Taking a chance, persevering and being generally open to new connections is what I'd say is generally what makes the difference between having a fulfilling journey on fab or not so much.

I'm not even sure that actually answered your OP, but it's what I've got.

over a year ago

"I've been pondering this since you posted it BG.

I agree with a lot of the points already made in the thread, but I also agree with Tea's statement about disliking the idea of "luck" and "success" because it's not about "winning".

The connections I've made here haven't been lucky as such, but there has certainly been an element of right place, right time, especially with a couple of people that I'm very close to. Saying that though, the more important elements have been the human ones.

Taking a chance on something being more than just forum talk, reaching out to someone when they were open to talking, a friend folding like a cheap suit when asked a direct question by another.

Some might call that luck, some might call it fate, some might call it being on here too much and paying too much attention to things. I'm a firm believer that if someone crosses your path they're meant to, but what you do after that is down to free will and personal choice.

Taking a chance, persevering and being generally open to new connections is what I'd say is generally what makes the difference between having a fulfilling journey on fab or not so much.

I'm not even sure that actually answered your OP, but it's what I've got."

I did purposely leave the question open to interpretation so any answer of a good one.

The word luck of one of those words that has a different correct l context to different people in different circumstances.

Sometimes luck can be used as an excuse why something didn’t work out or a reason that something did where that person, for whatever reason, can’t give themselves credit for the work they put in to make it happen

over a year ago

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

I'm a firm believer that you can make your own luck, to a degree. The biggest thing I find on here is timing, and that right person seeing your post, checking that wink, taking a chance on a message that didn't put "bananahammock" in the subject line..

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I'm not even sure that actually answered your OP, but it's what I've got.

I did purposely leave the question open to interpretation so any answer of a good one.

The word luck of one of those words that has a different correct l context to different people in different circumstances.

Sometimes luck can be used as an excuse why something didn’t work out or a reason that something did where that person, for whatever reason, can’t give themselves credit for the work they put in to make it happen"

See.... and I agree with you as well. And you know how much that drives me nuts

over a year ago

Bad luck would be a gurl spending 12hrs prep. time which involves having to diet, enema to ensure super clean arsehole, shave smooth all over and shower; (dolling up being the easy part which takes only 30-60mins. to do) - to arrive and meet a so called assertive alpha top that can’t manage to last more than 5-15mins. Yes, it does happen (and thankfully, some can continue to go again and again but others can’t).

Obviously, preparation like in all things from both sides has a play to make it a successful meeting, but a level of luck has always a part to play in life (be it good or bad).

Be lucky everyone.

By *thLincsCpleCouple
over a year ago

Barton upon Humber

We think of it more like the planets aligning: over the years we have had a couple of long term single male play friends, but life changes, people move on. You would think with so many men on here, it would be easy to find one, but wading through the single males that appear to not have a clue how to communicate or are married, or arrogant or whatever filter we now employ to out the undesirables down to the point of just giving up and blocking all males contacting us. Sure we are not alone on this one.

over a year ago

"Luck has absolutely nothing to do with how successful you’ll be on fab, unless we’re talking about that small window just before my period and the first day of my period where I could message a guy and be like you, come and fuck me now, that would be luck. Other than that it’s everything to do with whether the person you’re interested in finds you attractive or not. "

Luck has a role to play of course it does. The person who you’re interested in finds you attractive or vice versa, but one of you doesn’t and decides to reject the other would be deemed as “bad-luck for the rejected”, and flip side of coin if all went well and you both hit it off then that would be deemed as “good-luck”.

Be shit out of luck if was a meet-up timed with your period (unless of course they like that kink), yuk.

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

I'm not even sure that actually answered your OP, but it's what I've got."

That’s what I meant by taking a chance.

over a year ago

"Luck has absolutely nothing to do with how successful you’ll be on fab, unless we’re talking about that small window just before my period and the first day of my period where I could message a guy and be like you, come and fuck me now, that would be luck. Other than that it’s everything to do with whether the person you’re interested in finds you attractive or not. "

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

My first instinct would be to say “no”, but my main and most gorgeous FWB sent me what was basically a “polite” FaF message. I told him to get lost (only because he sent a face pic and I liked what I saw- otherwise I’d just delete he message...) he messaged back to clarify and apologise. I didn’t reply. He sent a photo in his uniform. OMG. I happened to be free that evening so we met up. I never meet up with such short notice!

We’ve been seeing each other for two and a half years now. Lol.

over a year ago

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

Yep right time place and motion

over a year ago

What about "pluck"? Having the courage to just throw caution to the wind and go for it.

over a year ago

"I'd agree with Stelly, there's definitely luck of timing. The person I'm seeing I've known for some time but we've never quite *ahermed* until luck meant we were both open to the idea of it. Is that luck or just good timing? Maybe that's what luck is, things falling into place in a positive way.

The wink that might have been ignored but the couple was playing in a forum game and decided to check theirs. "

I like this reply

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Why?

"

Just have to google up olly London for back up evidence of this. Google him anyway, makes you feel that accepting who you are is usually a good thing.

over a year ago

I’ll join the thread, you never know I might get lucky

By *enusandmarsCouple
over a year ago

Buryish

Luck would be hitting the right profile at the right time, ie when the recipient is in a horny enough mood to act upon it.

What's not luck is having enough about you to influence the 'decision'

We receive messages from guys who assume a big cock is enough for a response - its not

We receive messages from guys who seem good looking, or great bodies, who think that's enough.

We also receive messages from guys who aren't 'the norm' and they get responses. Why? Because they're honest about stuff, they read what we're about and they're on the same wavelength.

We wont meet bi guys, but we still get messages from them. They probably think they're doing the numbers game well, well they're not. Likewise if they can't accomodate

The original poster has great pics, really detailed, different, clear, interesting pics ... but he's too hairy for Venus so it's a straight no in this case - but you kinda keep looking at the profile trying to find a redeeming quality because you can tell the guy is worth it

Oh and profiles that say "ask me" under about you .... just no

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I consider myself very lucky to have met some of the beautiful women that I have from here.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

OF COURSE it is all purely down to luck.

It’s a matter of luck that you specifically were born.

It’s a matter of luck that you’ve survived into adulthood.

It’s a matter of luck that you’re in a country where you have the privilege to be chasing sex on the internet, rather than subsistence farming in a paddy field or being hunted by fanatics in the mountains or whatever.

And then, assuming you’ve been lucky enough to make it to a situation where you have the internet…

It’s a matter of luck whether there are people you find attractive on here.

It’s a matter of luck whether those people find *you* attractive.

It’s a matter of luck whether the people you try to contact even see your message under the five hundred FAF one-liners that push your unique, carefully composed personal message out the bottom of their inbox.

It’s a matter of luck whether the person who reads your message is feeling it that day.

It’s a matter of luck whether they remember to reply.

It’s a matter of luck whether they’re close enough for you to fulfil their specific distance requirements.

It’s a matter of luck whether they got a better offer a couple of minutes earlier.

It’s all luck. Everything is luck. Claiming that you make your own luck is pure privilege blindness. Saying that hard work pays off is falling prey to the just-world fallacy. Parroting that you can have anything if you want it enough is nothing but victim-blaming.

Sure, there are tweaks you might be able to make to adjust your odds one way or another – good profile versus rubbish profile – but if you don’t have good dice that day, you’re never going to make it even if you’re Adonis.

People desperately, fanatically want to believe that they’re the masters of their own destiny. I get it – I really do. Being powerless sucks. But pretending to yourself that you’re some godlike entity who can achieve literally anything if you just clap your hands and believe is denying material reality.

By *innocentMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

No such thing as luck.

All the times you've said no to someone,are they unlucky ,or are you just expressing your right to an opinion and viewpoints.

You only win at a game of guess who with a perfect match.

Same as life.

By *he_Wite_NiteMan
over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

"Personally I don’t think it’s down to “luck” as such. I think fab is really what you make it… "

Completely this!

Some make it about luck by sending hundreds of messages hoping to increase their chances...

But if all the messages are crap copy and paste ones, they aren't helping themselves!

it's not about luck or chance, it's about standing out, and clicking with someone, be it words, or pictures...

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

My view luck has nothing to do with it, experience is the key. Knowing the game play. People are looking for the wrong things in the wrong people, thats why they get frustrated.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

A little luck, a little patience, a little not caring =

By *enusandmarsCouple
over a year ago

Buryish

I think you should approach it a little like a job application. Sending out a proper CV with all the relevant info offers a better chance than a "gizza job" letter. Also, applying for jobs within your skill set is a good start ...

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

In recent weeks, I’ve messaged three women locally, none of whom have (it appears) read my messages, yet all of them have posted meet veris. I’m assuming my messages have been overlooked in the inevitable avalanche of mail single women receive in here, and I just wasn’t lucky enough to be near the top of the list when they signed in…….?

over a year ago

Completely this!

Some make it about luck by sending hundreds of messages hoping to increase their chances...

But if all the messages are crap copy and paste ones, they aren't helping themselves!

it's not about luck or chance, it's about standing out, and clicking with someone, be it words, or pictures... "

Absolutely

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"A little luck, a little patience, a little not caring = "

Yep, if you don't take it too seriously, it's much more fun

over a year ago

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

In recent weeks, I’ve messaged three women locally, none of whom have (it appears) read my messages, yet all of them have posted meet veris. I’m assuming my messages have been overlooked in the inevitable avalanche of mail single women receive in here, and I just wasn’t lucky enough to be near the top of the list when they signed in…….? "

I’m not sure this is down to luck at all. I know plenty of women who will check their inboxes and look to see if certain people they want to talk to have messaged them. Maybe this then makes it down the the impression or perception that have of a person and historical interactions.

By *agnar_84Man
over a year ago

Near by...

[Removed by poster at 20/10/21 09:59:45]

By *agnar_84Man
over a year ago

Near by...

I think there is quite a big amount of luck involved. You lovely ladies get so many messages, it's hard to even get a response for a fella.

So quite often messages get lost in the mix.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

In recent weeks, I’ve messaged three women locally, none of whom have (it appears) read my messages, yet all of them have posted meet veris. I’m assuming my messages have been overlooked in the inevitable avalanche of mail single women receive in here, and I just wasn’t lucky enough to be near the top of the list when they signed in…….?

I’m not sure this is down to luck at all. I know plenty of women who will check their inboxes and look to see if certain people they want to talk to have messaged them. Maybe this then makes it down the the impression or perception that have of a person and historical interactions. "

It's already been mentioned above, that women only look at the first 2 or 3 messages on their list before getting bored......

over a year ago

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

I’m not sure this is down to luck at all. I know plenty of women who will check their inboxes and look to see if certain people they want to talk to have messaged them. Maybe this then makes it down the the impression or perception that have of a person and historical interactions.

It's already been mentioned above, that women only look at the first 2 or 3 messages on their list before getting bored...... "

Sure they would happily miss people that they talk to on a regular basis?

By *oubletroubleCouple
over a year ago

South West

Luck, right time right place....

Or the more you put yourself out there and the more opportunities you take, somehow the luckier you get.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

"A little luck, a little patience, a little not caring =

Yep, if you don't take it too seriously, it's much more fun

"

I genuinely believe this

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Mauchline

"Serious question…

How’s your luck?

Just trying my luck!

It's already been mentioned above, that women only look at the first 2 or 3 messages on their list before getting bored......

Sure they would happily miss people that they talk to on a regular basis? "

They'll chat with their regular friends on other messenger platforms though

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m not sure it’s about luck, possibly a little about right place, right time on occasion.

I find it is what you make of it on here. I don’t think my experiences have been down to luck.

Post new Message to Thread