Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Miss my fiancée so much:(

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can anyone give me any advice,my fiancée has just recently started working away at Horsham,I'm find it hard as he's obv workin all day then goes to his hotel room irons 4 next day gets ready and away out he goes,I'm lost!i can handle the days but once kids are in bed I just feel totally lost and don't know what to do,does anyone else's partners work away do you's cope?or is it just me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My ex was in the forces and away a lot. I used to make sure I had a list of things to do with the kids, as they were bound to miss him too.

I also used to clean the house top to bottom and rearrange the furniture, was a hoot when he'd go to dive on the bed and it had been moved!

over a year ago

We live apart most the week, we cope with constant messages all day, the odd picture randomly and generally knowing that we both wana be together.

Its far from easy though.

over a year ago

My fiancee lives away, the time countin down to see her makes it more special when i do see her. The distance or time between people shouldn't be a bad thing necasarly x

over a year ago

I used to keep a notebook when my husband was away and write in it every night like I was having a conversation with him. I'd tell him, what I and the kids had done during the day .... what I had seen/done who I had talked to, just the usual things you'd talk about.

I'd put daft little illustrations in it too. I suppose you would call it a journal, but I was speaking to him.

He would then read it when he got back and know he was never far from my thoughts. The kids also did them once they were old enough. xxx

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"Can anyone give me any advice,my fiancée has just recently started working away at Horsham,I'm find it hard as he's obv workin all day then goes to his hotel room irons 4 next day gets ready and away out he goes,I'm lost!i can handle the days but once kids are in bed I just feel totally lost and don't know what to do,does anyone else's partners work away do you's cope?or is it just me? "

Skype, Facebook, MSN. There must be heaps of ways you can tease and be teased from afar...

Post new Message to Thread