Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What would you do

Jump to newest

By *idewilly OP   Man
over a year ago

poole

What would you do...when you have been working for a very small company since may and theres one bad apple who is very aggressive in his ways confrontational back stabbing all the guys who smokes pot at work and found him taking milk out of customers fridge for his tea also came on job at took some of clients materials for a home job but he is best mate of the boss.....im thinking of quitting job tomorrow ...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

…Get up on my feet and stop making tired excuses

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

"What would you do...when you have been working for a very small company since may and theres one bad apple who is very aggressive in his ways confrontational back stabbing all the guys who smokes pot at work and found him taking milk out of customers fridge for his tea also came on job at took some of clients materials for a home job but he is best mate of the boss.....im thinking of quitting job tomorrow ..."
there's usually someone like this at most small companies. Personally I'd just take no notice but if it bothered me that much I'd leave. You will end being a the bad guy if you kick off

over a year ago

"What would you do...when you have been working for a very small company since may and theres one bad apple who is very aggressive in his ways confrontational back stabbing all the guys who smokes pot at work and found him taking milk out of customers fridge for his tea also came on job at took some of clients materials for a home job but he is best mate of the boss.....im thinking of quitting job tomorrow ..."

Quit smoking pot at work

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

Don't quit tomorrow. Start scanning for a new job and leave when a good opportunity comes up.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

OP are the other staff of the same opinion as you?

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Line up another job, leave once you're sorted, and let your employer know exactly why you're leaving when they ask.

LvM

over a year ago

"…Get up on my feet and stop making tired excuses "

Tune!

over a year ago

"What would you do...when you have been working for a very small company since may and theres one bad apple who is very aggressive in his ways confrontational back stabbing all the guys who smokes pot at work and found him taking milk out of customers fridge for his tea also came on job at took some of clients materials for a home job but he is best mate of the boss.....im thinking of quitting job tomorrow ...

Quit smoking pot at work "

I don't think it's op . It's the other guy?

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

If they are backstabbing co-workers who smoke pot. Have no problems with that, shouldn't be smoking pot at work. Is there evidence that they are stealing milk can you prove it? Is taking client material home allow, was it no longer needed, they might have permission that you didn't know about.

I would tread carefully unless you know the full facts.

over a year ago

"What would you do...when you have been working for a very small company since may and theres one bad apple who is very aggressive in his ways confrontational back stabbing all the guys who smokes pot at work and found him taking milk out of customers fridge for his tea also came on job at took some of clients materials for a home job but he is best mate of the boss.....im thinking of quitting job tomorrow ...

Quit smoking pot at work "

I was thinking the exact same thing

And to the op I can understand why your boss would be mad is your stoned or anyone is stoned on the job and something happens and your boss insurance company find out he’s not covered now he’s on the hook to pay for it out his own pocket plus also my lose his business license as it’s illegal

Stop being selfish the guys give you a job

Yes he’s in the wrong as well for stealing from customers but so are you for being stoned at work

So you weren’t getting stoned you could have gotten the person fired

Regardless is he’s the boss best pal or even the boss bother

As you could have reported it to your boss when nothing was done about it you could have reported it to

The better business buro and got them involved

Two wrongs don’t make a right

My sageston is find a new job

Not matter if you got one you can’t use your current job as a reference as your boss could get mad your leaveing and just tell them he’s leaving because he got cought smoke pot

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

You can be a long time at work so a long time to be unhappy, if this person makes your job not a great place for you to be then look for another job, no point staying miserable as I don’t think you will win the battle if it’s the bosses mate.

By *idewilly OP   Man
over a year ago

poole

The guy smokes pot on jobs leaves the job for hours at a time on jobs i saw him steal the milk out of the fridge and saw him take the materials this should answer the questions myself and non of the other guys smoke...but two out out of the four other guys besides me wont work with him as confrontational and they know he smokes but they dont know he does it at work...plus if something happens ie a accident then the company would be up the spout

By *idewilly OP   Man
over a year ago

poole

I dont smoke none of them do only him

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"I dont smoke none of them do only him"

He will reek of it. That might be his eventual downfall if a client makes a complaint

over a year ago

Like others have said stop smoking pot... as for milk stealing if I have workmen at my house I tell them to help themselves to milk, tea and coffee, so I would expect that.

Taking clients materials? What does that mean?

over a year ago

Like others have said stop smoking pot... as for milk stealing if I have workmen at my house I tell them to help themselves to milk, tea and coffee, so I would expect that.

Taking clients materials? What does that mean?

"

OK just saw the above comments about the pot. Yeah he shouldn't be smoking that shit on the job

over a year ago

Bottom line here.. believe me...get the fuck outta that job only when you've something else lined up , that situation will eventually swamp you , and affect your own well being ,you and your own mental health are 1st...you will keep going into that job and it will be the same everyday... nothing will change.. Leopards don't change their spots

over a year ago

"I dont smoke none of them do only him"

Apologies, punctuation confusion.

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

You have to decide how much his poor behaviour impacts you day to day. If it isn't too bad and you like the job, stay. If it bothers you too much, start looking for somewhere else.

By *idewilly OP   Man
over a year ago

poole

Think its a new job search then ...i just cant be bothered with those negative vibes .....much nice being around happy people

Post new Message to Thread