Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pay it forward

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have had a few very kind and generous things bestowed upon me over the years. I always try and pay that forward and today I had the joy of it all coming full circle.

Do you pay it forward? What do you do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I did something for a friend 23 years ago, it wasnt really a favour as such it was something i wanted to do for her. Yet she still says she will never be able to pay me back and ive told her constantly shes repaid me time and time again

over a year ago

"I did something for a friend 23 years ago, it wasnt really a favour as such it was something i wanted to do for her. Yet she still says she will never be able to pay me back and ive told her constantly shes repaid me time and time again"

I get what she means. I don't think you can really repay the person who did the kindness - they don't ask for it if given in a truly generous spirit they don't want repayment. However, you can pass the kindness on to someone else who needs it. I hope your friend has felt able to do that.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I did something for a friend 23 years ago, it wasnt really a favour as such it was something i wanted to do for her. Yet she still says she will never be able to pay me back and ive told her constantly shes repaid me time and time again

I get what she means. I don't think you can really repay the person who did the kindness - they don't ask for it if given in a truly generous spirit they don't want repayment. However, you can pass the kindness on to someone else who needs it. I hope your friend has felt able to do that."

always do something nice everyday it makes me feel good about myself and im trying to make up for all the bad stuff i did in my youth.

over a year ago

"

always do something nice everyday it makes me feel good about myself and im trying to make up for all the bad stuff i did in my youth.

"

It is a good way to live and spreads happiness to others as well as keeping yourself sane and happy.

over a year ago

I like to pay it forward, the smallest kindness or even a smile can be appreciated so much if given with an open heart.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

My son used to feel incredibly guilty and humble when I helped him to my cost a few years back. I told him that I'm only passing on the good fortune that was given to me and one day, he will be able to do the same.

He has, and still does pass it on. He still feels humble but no longer guilty.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

i try to do a little everyday if possible,iv been very fortunate and iv been blessed with seriously good friends

over a year ago

"My son used to feel incredibly guilty and humble when I helped him to my cost a few years back. I told him that I'm only passing on the good fortune that was given to me and one day, he will be able to do the same.

He has, and still does pass it on. He still feels humble but no longer guilty.

"

A good lesson to pass on to all young people.

over a year ago

"I like to pay it forward, the smallest kindness or even a smile can be appreciated so much if given with an open heart. "

The open heart is the key. Give without strings or expectations.

over a year ago

"i try to do a little everyday if possible,iv been very fortunate and iv been blessed with seriously good friends "

Keep it up.

over a year ago

when i seen the header i thought of the film pay it forward.

its home how a good deed can go a very long way

over a year ago

There's a film called 'Pay it forward' and while I think the sentiment is admiralable, the reality is that such a 'movement' falls over the moment someone doesn't pay it forward.

Suffice it to say that I do what I can, when I can, if I can, with no thought to whether whomever I'm helping does the same. I've done what I could and I hope that's enough to benefit someone, somewhere, sometime.

over a year ago

I'll help just about anyone out if I can. I think the best of people until they give me reason to change my mind and I'll help anyone unless they've given me a reason not to.

I have two voluntary jobs, both working with seriously disadvantaged people. The first job is with young adults with extreme disabilities resulting from terminal illness. The second group is adults with learning difficulties. I also used to volunteer for a mental health organisation, and still do sometimes.

I choose those jobs because I wanted to do something positive for people so much worse off than me but I find I get as much out of it as they do.

over a year ago

"I'll help just about anyone out if I can. I think the best of people until they give me reason to change my mind and I'll help anyone unless they've given me a reason not to."

You've just quoted something from my own brain. Are we twins separated at birth lol.

over a year ago

"I'll help just about anyone out if I can. I think the best of people until they give me reason to change my mind and I'll help anyone unless they've given me a reason not to.

You've just quoted something from my own brain. Are we twins separated at birth lol. "

I think it unlikely, but I'm told stranger things have happened.

over a year ago

"I'll help just about anyone out if I can. I think the best of people until they give me reason to change my mind and I'll help anyone unless they've given me a reason not to.

You've just quoted something from my own brain. Are we twins separated at birth lol.

I think it unlikely, but I'm told stranger things have happened. "

Would that make you a kinkywish?

Thank you both for sharing.

over a year ago

I have always tried to do " a good deed" every day, it was something my mother taught me.

My oldest daughter watched the film "Pay it Forward" and after watching it, tires to do something good everyday too.

I do work for a charity, a Foodbank, and in helping others, feel I am paying forward all the good deeds I have received.

Since doing this, I have been on the receiving end of even more good deeds, and am now a firm believer in the idea.

over a year ago

"I have always tried to do " a good deed" every day, it was something my mother taught me.

My oldest daughter watched the film "Pay it Forward" and after watching it, tires to do something good everyday too.

I do work for a charity, a Foodbank, and in helping others, feel I am paying forward all the good deeds I have received.

Since doing this, I have been on the receiving end of even more good deeds, and am now a firm believer in the idea.

"

Good for you. Foodbanks in a country such as this and needed more now than ever - providing real and practical support is tiring but uplifting.

over a year ago

Thanks.

It is hard work, but they a re so appreciated and becoming more and more of a need! there are on average 4 opening every week!

over a year ago

"Thanks.

It is hard work, but they a re so appreciated and becoming more and more of a need! there are on average 4 opening every week! "

I know. I was speaking to someone about them just today.

Post new Message to Thread