Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you deal with 'Meh' days?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Having one of those days where everything seems a bit flat and pointless..nothing specific, but just no motivation and my get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

Any tips for snapping myself out of it greatly appreciated .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I tend to have duvet days when i'm feeling like that. Just before bed, I have a nice hot shower, change PJ's and then wake up feeling better in the morning.

Hugs xxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A run, a walk, music, a dance...a drive....a phone call to a friend.

over a year ago

Early night then a morning walk in the autumn air works for me. Nature in all her beauty never fails to lift my spirit. xxx

over a year ago

chatting to good friends who understand where i have been in life and help me realise that i can get through the slum days always helps and also a glass of wine

over a year ago

Face mask, paint nails, look at all your gorgeous clothes plan a night out this wknd with your girlfriends .....gives you so.thing to look forward too x

over a year ago

"I tend to have duvet days when i'm feeling like that. Just before bed, I have a nice hot shower, change PJ's and then wake up feeling better in the morning.

Hugs xxx"

I do love fresh bedding and pjs after a shower..

Thanks xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

What does Meh mean? Ive seen it everywhere just lately and dont have a clue

over a year ago

"chatting to good friends who understand where i have been in life and help me realise that i can get through the slum days always helps and also a glass of wine "

Doh I forgot a nice glass of wine

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

make a list of your greatest days.... the things that made you laughed out loud... relaxing bath, great music.

wake up early and have a long walk, look for the signs of Autumn in the tress... the best season for the beauty of nature

good luck

over a year ago

"chatting to good friends who understand where i have been in life and help me realise that i can get through the slum days always helps and also a glass of wine

Doh I forgot a nice glass of wine "

Beginning to wish I d*unk the stuff..just have never liked it.

over a year ago

"Having one of those days where everything seems a bit flat and pointless..nothing specific, but just no motivation and my get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

Any tips for snapping myself out of it greatly appreciated . "

I've had one of these for the last 2 days.

Maybe it's somthing in the air

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Thinking of many people who are a lot worse off than me would help me. And there is always soembody who has a lot more on their plate, feels a lot worse, has a lot less to manage with etc. xx

over a year ago

"make a list of your greatest days.... the things that made you laughed out loud... relaxing bath, great music.

wake up early and have a long walk, look for the signs of Autumn in the tress... the best season for the beauty of nature

good luck"

Thank you, yes I know things could be a lot worse and I'm generally not one for wallowing..unfortunately walking not one of my strongest points for health reasons, but I do love seeing the natural outdoor changes. Totally beyond human control and will happen whatever mood I am in .

over a year ago

"chatting to good friends who understand where i have been in life and help me realise that i can get through the slum days always helps and also a glass of wine

Beginning to wish I d*unk the stuff..just have never liked it. "

Well a nice drink of what you do like

over a year ago

I take my dog out for an early morning walk and watch him running around field full of energy , always cheers me up

over a year ago

"Thinking of many people who are a lot worse off than me would help me. And there is always soembody who has a lot more on their plate, feels a lot worse, has a lot less to manage with etc. xx"

I agree, everyone's life has it's challenges and I don't think mine are worse or even equal to things a lot of people have to face. Just every now and then I let silly things worry me more than I should. x

over a year ago

I just chuck a playlist on the stereo and sing til the neighbors complain. Always makes me feel better.

over a year ago

Beginning to wish I d*unk the stuff..just have never liked it. "

hey babe any drink will do vodka wine cider beer whiskey brandy cocktails

anything that helps babe

over a year ago

Playing the cd uve hidden at the back of the shelf...get all bouncy and dance round the living room in ur pjs..remember the crazy days when u last heard it...

over a year ago

"Having one of those days where everything seems a bit flat and pointless..nothing specific, but just no motivation and my get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

Maybe it's somthing in the air "

Hopefully we will both feel differently tomorrow xx

over a year ago

Beginning to wish I d*unk the stuff..just have never liked it.

hey babe any drink will do vodka wine cider beer whiskey brandy cocktails

anything that helps babe "

I'm a total lightweight when it comes to drink so at least I guess I would sleep

Thanks xx

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Thinking of many people who are a lot worse off than me would help me. And there is always soembody who has a lot more on their plate, feels a lot worse, has a lot less to manage with etc. xx

I agree, everyone's life has it's challenges and I don't think mine are worse or even equal to things a lot of people have to face. Just every now and then I let silly things worry me more than I should. x"

Thats probably where the saying "sleep on it " comes from. Often things that look bad at night look and feel different the next day? xx

over a year ago

"I just chuck a playlist on the stereo and sing til the neighbors complain. Always makes me feel better."

I have been known to indulge in a bit of solo karaoke ..haven't had a noise abatement order yet, but you never know !! Thanks xx

over a year ago

"What does Meh mean? Ive seen it everywhere just lately and dont have a clue"

For me it's just when I feel a bit low and flat , but for no major specific reason.

over a year ago

"Early night then a morning walk in the autumn air works for me. Nature in all her beauty never fails to lift my spirit. xxx"

Thanks , I agree fresh air always seems to be beneficial. xx

over a year ago

"I take my dog out for an early morning walk and watch him running around field full of energy , always cheers me up "

LOL I haven't got a dog, and believe me noone wants to see me running round a field

over a year ago

Look at a positive you may have experienced recently and if you can, look at how that came about and use any aspect of it to improve a situation you are finding hard in general to deal with. If that is not possible then look to someone in your life who you may be struggling emotionally and offer them out i.e even if it's just for a coffee and light lunch. This you will find may install some self belief and confidence which will inturn make you feel better about yourself. Hope this advice helps.

over a year ago

"I take my dog out for an early morning walk and watch him running around field full of energy , always cheers me up

LOL I haven't got a dog, and believe me noone wants to see me running round a field "

in sure we could think of alternative exercise x

over a year ago

Maybe it's somthing in the air

Hopefully we will both feel differently tomorrow xx"

xxx

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Look at a positive you may have experienced recently and if you can, look at how that came about and use any aspect of it to improve a situation you are finding hard in general to deal with. If that is not possible then look to someone in your life who you may be struggling emotionally and offer them out i.e even if it's just for a coffee and light lunch. This you will find may install some self belief and confidence which will inturn make you feel better about yourself. Hope this advice helps. "

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Music lifts me, a good Duvet day with fave dvds or a ride on my (mobility) scooter to a local park & take pics of scenery & nature

over a year ago

"Look at a positive you may have experienced recently and if you can, look at how that came about and use any aspect of it to improve a situation you are finding hard in general to deal with. If that is not possible then look to someone in your life who you may be struggling emotionally and offer them out i.e even if it's just for a coffee and light lunch. This you will find may install some self belief and confidence which will inturn make you feel better about yourself. Hope this advice helps. "

Thanks for the advice, and yes you are right that helping others helps how we feel about ourselves. I'm not majorly down although have been at past times in my life and know how the help of friend has been a huge help. Luckily this is just a bit of a dip and I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day xx

over a year ago

"Music lifts me, a good Duvet day with fave dvds or a ride on my (mobility) scooter to a local park & take pics of scenery & nature "

I used to love taking myself off on my scooter when I used one...The inevitable happened one day though when my battery died on me..giggling to myself as I think about it now. Luckily I made it home in one piece xx

over a year ago

"I take my dog out for an early morning walk and watch him running around field full of energy , always cheers me up

LOL I haven't got a dog, and believe me noone wants to see me running round a field in sure we could think of alternative exercise x "

xx

over a year ago

"Thinking of many people who are a lot worse off than me would help me. And there is always soembody who has a lot more on their plate, feels a lot worse, has a lot less to manage with etc. xx

I agree, everyone's life has it's challenges and I don't think mine are worse or even equal to things a lot of people have to face. Just every now and then I let silly things worry me more than I should. xThats probably where the saying "sleep on it " comes from. Often things that look bad at night look and feel different the next day? xx"

It is amazing how things can seem different the next day..as I said it's nothing specific, just an unsettled feeling and wasting time thinking of things I can't actually change, so really no point in me fretting about them xx

over a year ago

"Look at a positive you may have experienced recently and if you can, look at how that came about and use any aspect of it to improve a situation you are finding hard in general to deal with. If that is not possible then look to someone in your life who you may be struggling emotionally and offer them out i.e even if it's just for a coffee and light lunch. This you will find may install some self belief and confidence which will inturn make you feel better about yourself. Hope this advice helps.

Thanks for the advice, and yes you are right that helping others helps how we feel about ourselves. I'm not majorly down although have been at past times in my life and know how the help of friend has been a huge help. Luckily this is just a bit of a dip and I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day xx"

I'm sure it will. If you do find yourself feeling low tomorrow morning and you can't shrug it off, then look at some event you may have on the horizon. If it envolves someone else; text, call them ask to meet up. If you have nothing planned then follow my earlier advice. It can help distract you. Not saying it will make you feel like Usain Bolt or Victoria Pendleton but it will help. Trust me!

over a year ago

"Look at a positive you may have experienced recently and if you can, look at how that came about and use any aspect of it to improve a situation you are finding hard in general to deal with. If that is not possible then look to someone in your life who you may be struggling emotionally and offer them out i.e even if it's just for a coffee and light lunch. This you will find may install some self belief and confidence which will inturn make you feel better about yourself. Hope this advice helps.

Thanks for the advice, and yes you are right that helping others helps how we feel about ourselves. I'm not majorly down although have been at past times in my life and know how the help of friend has been a huge help. Luckily this is just a bit of a dip and I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day xx

I'm sure it will. If you do find yourself feeling low tomorrow morning and you can't shrug it off, then look at some event you may have on the horizon. If it envolves someone else; text, call them ask to meet up. If you have nothing planned then follow my earlier advice. It can help distract you. Not saying it will make you feel like Usain Bolt or Victoria Pendleton but it will help. Trust me!"

Any chance it will make me look like Victoria Pendleton?

over a year ago

I'm sure it will. If you do find yourself feeling low tomorrow morning and you can't shrug it off, then look at some event you may have on the horizon. If it envolves someone else; text, call them ask to meet up. If you have nothing planned then follow my earlier advice. It can help distract you. Not saying it will make you feel like Usain Bolt or Victoria Pendleton but it will help. Trust me!

Any chance it will make me look like Victoria Pendleton? "

Post new Message to Thread