Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Aamazon jobs in UK

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive been through the process only to be tripped up by not having a Web Cam to show my passport. Ive alrewdy uploadee documents as an image along with other documents but basic told in turned down. Why cant they let me show someone on the first shift ffs! Im fucking furious! And been eo angry i cant sleep, wbyone else had this problem? There's other jibe advertised and cant apply for them! Im unemployment and cant get the internet or qfford fancy equipment

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Ive been through the process only to be tripped up by not having a Web Cam to show my passport. Ive alrewdy uploadee documents as an image along with other documents but basic told in turned down. Why cant they let me show someone on the first shift ffs! Im fucking furious! And been eo angry i cant sleep, wbyone else had this problem? There's other jibe advertised and cant apply for them! Im unemployment and cant get the internet or qfford fancy equipment "

Have you tried explaining to the job centre, I’m sure they’ll have webcams that could be used

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do the job centre or local library not have computers you can use, or a friends? There always options

over a year ago

Well the job i applied for has gone, but could check. Local jobcentre and the library i use don't have them. I loojed into getting a cam but told software would gave to be installed. Fucking ridiculous this. So rigid are amwzon it's unreal.

I'll try for future reference but so annoying to be tripped over by q simple task that must be done via q fucjing 2ebcam and won't let someone atxamwzon check it on first shift.

Amazon can go fuck off if that's their attitude, ill hqve to lok elsewhere and try to calm down lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I'm confused. Won't the interview have had to be done on zoom or something similar?

over a year ago

"I'm confused. Won't the interview have had to be done on zoom or something similar? "

Nope. Was telephone interview. Despite uploading a few id related documents they wanted to see me holding my passport up to check my id., thats it. But nooooo! I couldn't do it qny other wqy.

over a year ago

"I'm confused. Won't the interview have had to be done on zoom or something similar? "

Telephone interview, then q separate session where they send a link via email but needs a needs a webcam

over a year ago

Sorry to hear about your disappointment .

You sound very frustrated.

I was able to use my smart phone to conduct zoom and other work interviews via video.

over a year ago

Does your phone not have the capability? Sorry to hear you missed the job x

over a year ago

Am i the od one out bycnot having Web cam or access to one? Qre they common now because ill be fucked if other companies follow this route

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Sorry you've missed out OP this time. The software for them is likely to be free. Perhaps a 2nd hand cam could be found for not too much, or you may be able to get 1 via freecycle type places.

Good luck in your hunt for a new job!

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Falkirk/Edinburgh

Don’t you have a smart phone? You sound quite angry about it all. Loads of jobs available in hospitality or care sectors

over a year ago

I'll hqve to buy a phone with camera but no idea on setting it up or if it will gobbble up credit. I can only afford gifgaff connection fee of 10 per month. So not sure how long it would work before credit run out during video call. I was caught out by them qs i didnt know I'd have to do that video thing. Fucking qnnoying. Its yet another barier to employ ment

By *iss LovelyWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

If you’re accessing Fab by phone then I’m sure your phone sophisticated enough to allow you to complete the last step of the application.

Or like others have said you’ll need to find access to a computer with webcam. Your local library is your best bet.,

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

There are quite a few temporary Christmas jobs around at the moment. I was struggling for a month to find a job. I applied for a seasonal job and got taken on early. It could lead to being taken on after Christmas, or at least a reference and experience to take forward. It also shows DWP that you are seriously looking for work.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"I'll hqve to buy a phone with camera but no idea on setting it up or if it will gobbble up credit. I can only afford gifgaff connection fee of 10 per month. So not sure how long it would work before credit run out during video call. I was caught out by them qs i didnt know I'd have to do that video thing. Fucking qnnoying. Its yet another barier to employ ment"

If you know you’re going to have a video interview try to be near a McDonald or somewhere with free customer wifi and join their network then it wont use your data allowance - if you can?

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Am i the od one out bycnot having Web cam or access to one? Qre they common now because ill be fucked if other companies follow this route"

Well let's hope they don't as I would be fucked too as I have no photo id

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I can't think of any employer that wouldnt do a video interview as a minimum and that wouldn't ask for photo id to be verified. Perhaps if they are advertising through the job centres they could ask them to verify id maybe but its pretty standard practice.

By *ay7209Man
over a year ago

Gravesend

"Ive been through the process only to be tripped up by not having a Web Cam to show my passport. Ive alrewdy uploadee documents as an image along with other documents but basic told in turned down. Why cant they let me show someone on the first shift ffs! Im fucking furious! And been eo angry i cant sleep, wbyone else had this problem? There's other jibe advertised and cant apply for them! Im unemployment and cant get the internet or qfford fancy equipment "

No internet but your using internet to come on this website. Just seeking attention. Grow up

over a year ago

How are you on fab? Your phone or computer? If it’s your phone then I’m pretty sure it’ll have a camera?! Go to a costa or similar for free WiFi for a video call if you don’t have WiFi in your house.

over a year ago

"Well the job i applied for has gone, but could check. Local jobcentre and the library i use don't have them. I loojed into getting a cam but told software would gave to be installed. Fucking ridiculous this. So rigid are amwzon it's unreal.

I'll try for future reference but so annoying to be tripped over by q simple task that must be done via q fucjing 2ebcam and won't let someone atxamwzon check it on first shift.

Amazon can go fuck off if that's their attitude, ill hqve to lok elsewhere and try to calm down lol"

What type of computer have you got? Most webcam are plug and play, or use your phone camera

By *aucyladMan
over a year ago

Dublin

No point bring angry, an measured and calm person would of been able to figure out what to do. You have a smartphone surely,it would of enabled you to do this no issue. Getting annoyed and blaming Amazon when possibly it's your own fault.

Maybe rethink it and be better prepared next time.

over a year ago

"I'm confused. Won't the interview have had to be done on zoom or something similar?

Telephone interview, then q separate session where they send a link via email but needs a needs a webcam"

They surely would of told you these requirements prior to interview to allow you to prepare for it....they wouldn't just spring it on you straight off the bat

over a year ago

Sympathetic bunch this morning aren’t we.

over a year ago

Amazon get so many applications they need to out some how.

Preparation is a major part of the interview, if you can't solve the simple issue of a quick video call then you probably won't be able to do the job to their standards.

(Yes I work for them, deliveries)

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Sympathetic bunch this morning aren’t we."

Some of us gave advice and support.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

If the situation arises in the future feel free to PM and will see what I can do to assist you OP.

There are some others on this thread who I’m sure are the same.

By *offiaCoolWoman
over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"If the situation arises in the future feel free to PM and will see what I can do to assist you OP.

There are some others on this thread who I’m sure are the same. "

What a lovely offer

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

If you speak to the job Centre then they will help arrange access to a web cam

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

The equipment you are using to access and post on this forum isn’t good enough to add a £5 webcam ?

You mentioned you had already uploaded documents to them … the equipment used for that process is the same as the equipment used for posting on the forums?

Live verification isn’t a new process and in the coming years it is going to be used a lot more.

Definitely worth looking for a cheap webcam or as others have suggested outlets where you can use equipment for free …

over a year ago

There's been a lot of opinionated ignorant crap posted on here. I can't be arsed to reply to it. The forums havebeen hoing downhill lately and I'll give the forums a miss in future.

Post what crappy replies you like because I wont be reading it

over a year ago

My phone is knackered and I dont even have a passport. I can never do any of this stuff that people want for Id either and it is a total pain. I dont know why a human being couldn't just take a glance on your induction morning.

over a year ago

My Daughter just got given a choice by Amazon.. Keep Her job in the Warehouse or have surgery for a Tennis ball sized ovarian cyst that has her crippled in pain!

They even asked her if it was "Essential for the surgery"..

You're better off away from them

over a year ago

"The equipment you are using to access and post on this forum isn’t good enough to add a £5 webcam ?

You mentioned you had already uploaded documents to them … the equipment used for that process is the same as the equipment used for posting on the forums?

Live verification isn’t a new process and in the coming years it is going to be used a lot more.

Definitely worth looking for a cheap webcam or as others have suggested outlets where you can use equipment for free …"

Or ask someone you know if you can borrow their smartphone.. Or pick one up cheap (re-conditioned) and chuck in a £10 PAYG sim from O2, unlimited calls/texts and 7gb data..

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

"My phone is knackered and I dont even have a passport. I can never do any of this stuff that people want for Id either and it is a total pain. I dont know why a human being couldn't just take a glance on your induction morning. "

Because they won't give a start date, until they have verified that they can employ the person. If they can't verify that they can legally employ them, then they can't offer a job.

over a year ago

"My phone is knackered and I dont even have a passport. I can never do any of this stuff that people want for Id either and it is a total pain. I dont know why a human being couldn't just take a glance on your induction morning.

Because they won't give a start date, until they have verified that they can employ the person. If they can't verify that they can legally employ them, then they can't offer a job.

"

There must be a workaround. Start date can be 10 mins after they verify you in person. Life becomes unnecessarily complicated for no real reason.

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

"My phone is knackered and I dont even have a passport. I can never do any of this stuff that people want for Id either and it is a total pain. I dont know why a human being couldn't just take a glance on your induction morning.

There must be a workaround. Start date can be 10 mins after they verify you in person. Life becomes unnecessarily complicated for no real reason. "

Amazon employ thousands, it would become unnecessarily complicated for them for no reason, when very few can't manage a video call.

over a year ago

"My Daughter just got given a choice by Amazon.. Keep Her job in the Warehouse or have surgery for a Tennis ball sized ovarian cyst that has her crippled in pain!

You're better off away from them "

Hope she is ok. x

over a year ago

"My Daughter just got given a choice by Amazon.. Keep Her job in the Warehouse or have surgery for a Tennis ball sized ovarian cyst that has her crippled in pain!

You're better off away from them

Hope she is ok. x"

Thanks Outsider.. So do I x

By *oncupiscent_dreamMan
over a year ago

City

If you want to work for artificial intelligence then you will need to be able to digitally interact with it.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I think this is pretty standard practice now, I had to do it as part of the onboarding process earlier this year. A two minute Teams call was all it took...Teams is free to download on your phone, and calls would be free if you can access free WiFi somewhere, if not it shouldn't take much of your data allowance.

Post new Message to Thread