FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why I think there are less women on fab than men.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There’s a number of reasons, I’ll list mine, feel free to add some and discuss them.

The first reason and I think the owners of fab could do something about this and that’s when you initially join fab as a woman I think for a full week maybe two nobody can message a new profile. Some women could join and before they’ve even added a picture they could get bombarded with messages from guys thinking fresh meat and this could simply be too overwhelming for some and they just delete and not come back.

Next reason, there’s still some social stigma about women being sexually liberated so there may be some shame around joining a site like this.

Next one, not many women may know about the site, guys probably talk about it with their guy buddies, locker room banter, work site banter, it’s probably more freely discussed by men.

That’s it for my reasons. Over to you lot now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I think that'd be a good idea.

I have none.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

So from my point of view - I get interest on LinkedIn. In Sainsburys when I'm buying my purple sprouting broccoli and I've not yet had a cup of tea. On Twitter. When I'm walking the inlaws dog and I've got a nice sweaty face going on and it's 5pm but Paul wants to give me his number just in case I change my mind.

Women perhaps don't need somewhere like Fab to get offers of casual sex. I use and prefer Fab because I can be more open and there's better understanding from the get go but maybe other women don't want that social stigma of being on a swingers site but are still being fucked into next Tuesday by that hot builder they got chatting to next to the cereal.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"There’s a number of reasons, I’ll list mine, feel free to add some and discuss them.

The first reason and I think the owners of fab could do something about this and that’s when you initially join fab as a woman I think for a full week maybe two nobody can message a new profile. Some women could join and before they’ve even added a picture they could get bombarded with messages from guys thinking fresh meat and this could simply be too overwhelming for some and they just delete and not come back.

Next reason, there’s still some social stigma about women being sexually liberated so there may be some shame around joining a site like this.

Next one, not many women may know about the site, guys probably talk about it with their guy buddies, locker room banter, work site banter, it’s probably more freely discussed by men.

That’s it for my reasons. Over to you lot now. "

All valid points

If people in general were more respectful in an 'anonymous' online environment more women might be compelled to stay instead of running for the exits.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I’ll probably tend to say it’s more around the second point you made Annie regarding being sexually liberated and the acceptance of this when it’s a woman.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I think more women are into dating sites rather than a swingers site, it is still a niche activity, look at how many people who are happily vanilla on here and say they are not swingers for example

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"So from my point of view - I get interest on LinkedIn. In Sainsburys when I'm buying my purple sprouting broccoli and I've not yet had a cup of tea. On Twitter. When I'm walking the inlaws dog and I've got a nice sweaty face going on and it's 5pm but Paul wants to give me his number just in case I change my mind.

Women perhaps don't need somewhere like Fab to get offers of casual sex. I use and prefer Fab because I can be more open and there's better understanding from the get go but maybe other women don't want that social stigma of being on a swingers site but are still being fucked into next Tuesday by that hot builder they got chatting to next to the cereal."

Very much this as well. It’s been two years since I met anyone from here. The last 3 guys I’ve slept with, in order, have been the guy who came to do work at my house one day, ended up shagging him for a few months and now a very good friend. That bloody Sicilian guy that I worked with and then my tattooist!

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I've never been on a dating site and they don't appeal either.

I agree about the initial overwhelm and the stigma. I'm still a bit apprehensive about someone seeing my phone with FabSwingers emblazoned across the top.

I'm in a private ladies-only FB group and was quite surprised when someone asked where best to meet guys for NSA fun and loads of women said Fab. I didn't think it was that well known.

As Meli said, I don't think women necessarily need a platform. I also think there are a lot more married/attached men on here, which will skew the numbers.

C

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I joined a few months ago. The first two weeks were bloody awful. I added some filters after the first day or so but it wasn't enough. I turned off my profile 3 times. I figured out more filters. I said no thank you to anyone polite like a dickhead so then lots of men argued with me. Or came back the next week for "another try". Honestly the worse experience of any site and I've been inundated on F@tlife when I joined there. I made a friend who made some suggestions about my profile and the filters and I waited for the forums. Otherwise I would have left.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Agree with everything above. Also I think the kind of messages and attitudes on here put women off, so they don't hang about as long if they do join. A lot of men (not anywhere near all, I know!) just don't get that the women here aren't free prostitutes.

Post new Message to Thread