Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

waterproof make-up

Jump to newest

By *hole Lotta Rosie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Hi everyone, anyone got any recommendations for waterproof make-up please.

Thanks in advance

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What type?

Mascara, powder?

over a year ago

Deviant City

mascara & eyeliner mainly. If they do anything else that would be a bonus

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Eyeliner-barry m

Mascara- use your fav one just buy it in waterproof

over a year ago

Estee Lauder do a great liquid eyeliner that doesn't move, and the same with their mascara, as for other products, the base is important for say fondation/powder to keep in place as well

I use a couple of products by Christian Dior that are great.

over a year ago

i was pleasantly surprised at how good the 'collection 200' waterproof lash extension mascara is.

I use it on a daily basis and think its like £4 or something

over a year ago

Deviant City

thanks Julie, will take a trip to Debenhams I think xxx

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I swear by mac but that is the make up choice for me...

over a year ago

Deviant City

I dont often wear make up, so not a clue where to start. I used to stick with Avon but cousin doesn't do it any more.

Need to pluck up the courage and visit a department store

over a year ago

Deviant City

"i was pleasantly surprised at how good the 'collection 200' waterproof lash extension mascara is.

I use it on a daily basis and think its like £4 or something"

oooh! Bargain

over a year ago

"I swear by mac but that is the make up choice for me... "

I also use Mac

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I use L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara and never had a problem with it running.

The brush does take a bit of getting used to as it's tiny.

over a year ago

I bought a lip gloss lipstick from No 7 was £11 its quite sticky and lasts for hours.

over a year ago

"thanks Julie, will take a trip to Debenhams I think xxx"

Yeah and you can book an appt with one of the ladies who can help with what is good for you.

x

over a year ago

I likes my cheap make up haha,, feel like im missing out on all this expensive stuff .

Im gonna write santa a list i think

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I dont often wear make up, so not a clue where to start. I used to stick with Avon but cousin doesn't do it any more.

Need to pluck up the courage and visit a department store "

You know you can buy avon online?

over a year ago

"I dont often wear make up, so not a clue where to start. I used to stick with Avon but cousin doesn't do it any more.

Need to pluck up the courage and visit a department store "

go to boots/debenhams..most stores now do free consultations as business is slow and they want you to buy their makeup. Always use no7..good value for money and their stuff doesnt irritate my skin

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Can I suggest you try boots?

Go to a bigger branch but find a member of staff from the make up section who has no affiliation with any of the brands (including no7). There's often one stocking the shelves.

You'll get a less biased opinion on the products.

I once took a friend who doesn't wear much make up shopping. I told her just to wait while I bought one thing and in that time a rep had sold her £50 worth of make up she has never used and I got blamed!

over a year ago

"I bought a lip gloss lipstick from No 7 was £11 its quite sticky and lasts for hours. "
I love lip gloss i sall look into No7 xx

over a year ago

"Estee Lauder do a great liquid eyeliner that doesn't move, and the same with their mascara, as for other products, the base is important for say fondation/powder to keep in place as well

"

their anti cellulite lotion is fab

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I will say that cheaper make up brands do just the same job as the most expensive as we are paying for the packaging.. My make up is prob worth about a grand as I use the more expensive ones.. I swear by mac foundation as it stays put.. but I have all sorts of brands ranging from collection 2000 to Dior but ignore me because I am obsessed with make up and spend so much money on it in a month..

over a year ago

"I bought a lip gloss lipstick from No 7 was £11 its quite sticky and lasts for hours. I love lip gloss i sall look into No7 xx"

they have just changed all their packaging and looks good. This one has a clear gloss you can apply for extra glossy finish

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mascara i use is estee lauder, absolutly brilliant, not one sign of panda eye. Estee lauder lipstick has a strange smell, well it does to me

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Maybelline do good 24hr stay lippy - around £9

The 10hr gloss doesnt stay on for long

over a year ago

"I bought a lip gloss lipstick from No 7 was £11 its quite sticky and lasts for hours. I love lip gloss i sall look into No7 xx

they have just changed all their packaging and looks good. This one has a clear gloss you can apply for extra glossy finish"

sounds good i will go look tomorrow as clubing at weekend and i like it to last on my lips xx

over a year ago

Deviant City

You know you can buy avon online?"

yea but everytime DHL deliver it, the box is ripped and products missing so I give up

over a year ago

"Estee Lauder do a great liquid eyeliner that doesn't move, and the same with their mascara, as for other products, the base is important for say fondation/powder to keep in place as well

their anti cellulite lotion is fab "

Never tried it lol, tend to use their illuminating range under powder/foundation if going out for a long time.

Smashbox is a new brand to boots and very good also!

I tend to use Chanel, Dior & Estee Lauder and I can say in my opinion, there is a noticeable difference to cheaper brands/products.

It also lasts a lot longer in my experience.

over a year ago

Deviant City

Thank you everybody, Its my birthday on Sunday, so i have got an excuse for a treat!

Its because I'm visiting clubs more often now and I'm always in the jacuzzi and normal make up runs into my eyes and burns like acid from the heat, lol!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Bourgeois do good eyeshadows.

But it's worth spending on foundation - mac, bobby Brown, lancome, Dior, prescriptives are all good.

over a year ago

"Thank you everybody, Its my birthday on Sunday, so i have got an excuse for a treat!

Its because I'm visiting clubs more often now and I'm always in the jacuzzi and normal make up runs into my eyes and burns like acid from the heat, lol! "

Definitely need a treat then

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

You know you can buy avon online?

yea but everytime DHL deliver it, the box is ripped and products missing so I give up "

Dont pay for express delivery... Just use standard... It comes by royal mail and only once have I not received it and avon refunded me AND sent the stuff again for free.

over a year ago

I use Yves St Laurent makeup because its long lasting and stays in place.

I love my Touche Eclait and its brilliant for any under eye darkness or puffiness. They also make a Touche Eclait foundation now which is gorgeous. It leaves a dewy glowy effect which is very flattering for ladies in their 40s as it gives a soft glow effect.

I have also tried out tattooed eyeliner. Basically they are like the kids tattoos you get in sweet cigarettes. Cut them out, place them on eyelid, use a damp cotton bud and they last about 3 days. In fact you need baby oil to remove them. You have to have an extremely steady hand though as if you don't get them in the correct spot then you will find it hard to get it off

over a year ago

Deviant City

"I use Yves St Laurent makeup because its long lasting and stays in place.

I love my Touche Eclait and its brilliant for any under eye darkness or puffiness. They also make a Touche Eclait foundation now which is gorgeous. It leaves a dewy glowy effect which is very flattering for ladies in their 40s as it gives a soft glow effect.

I have also tried out tattooed eyeliner. Basically they are like the kids tattoos you get in sweet cigarettes. Cut them out, place them on eyelid, use a damp cotton bud and they last about 3 days. In fact you need baby oil to remove them. You have to have an extremely steady hand though as if you don't get them in the correct spot then you will find it hard to get it off "

Ahhh, I've seen those eye tattoos on ebay, may invest in some of them too!

over a year ago

Estee Lauder & Clinique both do really good make up, but you pay the price for those. I agree with the comment about Collection 2000 make up though, i use it myself....really is a bargain for how good some of their products are and if your on a tight budget

over a year ago

Nice to see you ladies like make up i find it very feminine and can change a look and i love fashions so its fun putting new look together i love mixing it up xx I can go with out alot must have my lip gloss .. just love getting ready makes me feel special

over a year ago

Deviant City

I dont go anywhere to justify wearing make up unless its a very rare night out or meet. But now I'm visiting clubs more, i dont wanna look dog rough!

over a year ago

"I dont go anywhere to justify wearing make up unless its a very rare night out or meet. But now I'm visiting clubs more, i dont wanna look dog rough! "
well if it makes you feel good why not xxx makes me feel feminine why i like. xx

over a year ago

i always use Une make up

I love it, from the 3 in 1 foundation to the eye liner, i can spend a hour in the jacuzzi and my face is still in place when i get out, the lip stick stays on for ages too

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Well if you don't normally wear much then my advice is:

A compact foundation, that you can use to touch up your face rather than blank it out. Get good advice about colour matching - maybe try the new boots machine.

A good mascara and eyeliner,waterproof for preference - but don't forget a quality make up remover so you're not scrubbing at your face, lancome eye make up remover is the best ever, expensive but will take anything off with a wipe and will last for ages.

Lip liner and lipstick - all lipstick lasts better if you use a lip liner. The pencil ones last longer than the wind up ones but get a good sharpener - a normal pencil sharpener won't work right.

A bronzer. Just for a little colour. Don't worry about blusher. Just make sure it's not too dark. And buy a good bronzer brush instead of the crappy little one that cones with it.

By *quarius tvTV/TS
over a year ago

ballymena

Try mac. Esttee lauder and no 7 very gud and lng lasting great wearing and doesnt move rimmel also gud for budget if ya looking cheaper and gud wearing for cost x

over a year ago

"Nice to see you ladies like make up i find it very feminine and can change a look and i love fashions so its fun putting new look together i love mixing it up xx I can go with out alot must have my lip gloss .. just love getting ready makes me feel special"

God yes, I love the start to finish and taking my time

I have way too much make up really, but like to have daytime stuff and going out stuff, men do not understand at all

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

I can only wear waterproof mascara and have bought Georges from Asda for a few years now and it's only £3.50. Find some of the waterproof ones a bit claggy where the Asda one is subtle but can do a few coats for a more expressive look.

I like going round the different sections in department stores and seeing what free samples they can come up with, it's amazing what they give away sometimes, especially if it's an expensive make

over a year ago

"I dont go anywhere to justify wearing make up unless its a very rare night out or meet. But now I'm visiting clubs more, i dont wanna look dog rough! "

I am 100% sure you never look dog rough!

Eye makeup for women I think is a must, regardless of occasion, brings out your eyes

over a year ago

"Nice to see you ladies like make up i find it very feminine and can change a look and i love fashions so its fun putting new look together i love mixing it up xx I can go with out alot must have my lip gloss .. just love getting ready makes me feel special

I have way too much make up really, but like to have daytime stuff and going out stuff, men do not understand at all "

Ignorance is bliss !

over a year ago

Deviant City

thank you all kindly for your advice, you have all been super and i really appreciate your advice

over a year ago

I would also highly recommend having your eyelashes tinted, I have mine done every 6 weeks, as mine are fair, does not fade or come off, can then use eyelash curlers for a natural look and add mascara as and when necessary for extra lift/colour.

over a year ago

"Nice to see you ladies like make up i find it very feminine and can change a look and i love fashions so its fun putting new look together i love mixing it up xx I can go with out alot must have my lip gloss .. just love getting ready makes me feel special

I have way too much make up really, but like to have daytime stuff and going out stuff, men do not understand at all

Ignorance is bliss ! "

Shame I can't hide the cc statements haha

over a year ago

Deviant City

"I dont go anywhere to justify wearing make up unless its a very rare night out or meet. But now I'm visiting clubs more, i dont wanna look dog rough!

Eye makeup for women I think is a must, regardless of occasion, brings out your eyes "

I just look ill constantly. Put a new pic on yesterday but its in private, I've got a bit of make up on, but not sure of if I look ok or not

over a year ago

"I dont go anywhere to justify wearing make up unless its a very rare night out or meet. But now I'm visiting clubs more, i dont wanna look dog rough!

Eye makeup for women I think is a must, regardless of occasion, brings out your eyes

I just look ill constantly. Put a new pic on yesterday but its in private, I've got a bit of make up on, but not sure of if I look ok or not "

Feel free to send it, not hitting on you lol, but I am sure you look fine!

Wish you lived closer, I love doing other people's make up!

over a year ago

Deviant City

"I would also highly recommend having your eyelashes tinted, I have mine done every 6 weeks, as mine are fair, does not fade or come off, can then use eyelash curlers for a natural look and add mascara as and when necessary for extra lift/colour."

my lashes and brows are quite light as I'm naturally blonde

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

I swear by my eyelash curlers too. Wonder how I ever went without them

over a year ago

"I swear by my eyelash curlers too. Wonder how I ever went without them "
yes thay are good .. x

over a year ago

I find it's a must have lol

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

I can have a word with my MUA, she's done makeup for me for underwater shoots before, so that was fairly waterproof

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Dulux Gloss!

Post new Message to Thread