Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pancreatic Cancer

Jump to newest

By *hroatQueen_CA OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Hiya guys, I have said on a thread awhile ago about my best friend! Who unfortunately was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last October and is terminal.

Tonight on ITV at 8PM is a documentary all about it. "It's Britain's Hidden Killer" as it's hard to diagnose early, I feel it's important for people to be made aware of and could potentially save lives. x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Bumping for you

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

So sorry about your friend op,

One of my friends had this too and passed almost 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing and sending love to you x

Miss

over a year ago

Carlisle

"So sorry about your friend op,

One of my friends had this too and passed almost 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing and sending love to you x

Miss "

Thank you x

over a year ago

Carlisle

"Bumping for you "
Thank you x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thank you very much mate for the awareness.

It was like 5 years ago I had my prostate checked. Thanks for reminding me.

Sorry for your friend. If you want to talk, just send me a message.

over a year ago

"Hiya guys, I have said on a thread awhile ago about my best friend! Who unfortunately was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last October and is terminal.

Tonight on ITV at 8PM is a documentary all about it. "It's Britain's Hidden Killer" as it's hard to diagnose early, I feel it's important for people to be made aware of and could potentially save lives. x "

Sending you massive hugs Ava. Pancreatic cancer took my Dad nearly 19 years ago and then again took my Step-Dad this July. It's a cruel cancer (yes, as all are) that is so hard to diagnose and takes hold quickly in a lot of cases. Love to you and anyone else in this position xx

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit.

over a year ago

Carlisle

"Thank you very much mate for the awareness.

It was like 5 years ago I had my prostate checked. Thanks for reminding me.

Sorry for your friend. If you want to talk, just send me a message. "

Aww thank you! You are very welcome. That is kind of you

over a year ago

Carlisle

"Hiya guys, I have said on a thread awhile ago about my best friend! Who unfortunately was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last October and is terminal.

Tonight on ITV at 8PM is a documentary all about it. "It's Britain's Hidden Killer" as it's hard to diagnose early, I feel it's important for people to be made aware of and could potentially save lives. x

Sending you massive hugs Ava. Pancreatic cancer took my Dad nearly 19 years ago and then again took my Step-Dad this July. It's a cruel cancer (yes, as all are) that is so hard to diagnose and takes hold quickly in a lot of cases. Love to you and anyone else in this position xx "

So sorry for your losses. Thank you lovely hugs xox

over a year ago

Carlisle

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit."
So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo

over a year ago

Sending you massive hugs Ava. Pancreatic cancer took my Dad nearly 19 years ago and then again took my Step-Dad this July. It's a cruel cancer (yes, as all are) that is so hard to diagnose and takes hold quickly in a lot of cases. Love to you and anyone else in this position xx So sorry for your losses. Thank you lovely hugs xox "

Thank you xx

over a year ago

Carlisle

Sending you massive hugs Ava. Pancreatic cancer took my Dad nearly 19 years ago and then again took my Step-Dad this July. It's a cruel cancer (yes, as all are) that is so hard to diagnose and takes hold quickly in a lot of cases. Love to you and anyone else in this position xx So sorry for your losses. Thank you lovely hugs xox

Thank you xx"

xox

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo "

Thank you for that, I hadn't actually heard of the Whipple operation actually so will find out more. Tbh though I don't think the drs sound that optimistic so I won't get my hopes up, but will definitely make the most of the time that we do have left, however long that is.

By *inkmastersCouple
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Our family lost Nan to it in 2019 everything just came quick and didn’t have time to grasp it

over a year ago

Carlisle

"Our family lost Nan to it in 2019 everything just came quick and didn’t have time to grasp it "
So sorry to hear that. xox

over a year ago

Carlisle

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo

Thank you for that, I hadn't actually heard of the Whipple operation actually so will find out more. Tbh though I don't think the drs sound that optimistic so I won't get my hopes up, but will definitely make the most of the time that we do have left, however long that is."

You are welcome! Sadly it's hard to catch early as the symptoms often come too late. I hope you have a lot more time and have hope that's all you can do. xox

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo

Thank you for that, I hadn't actually heard of the Whipple operation actually so will find out more. Tbh though I don't think the drs sound that optimistic so I won't get my hopes up, but will definitely make the most of the time that we do have left, however long that is. You are welcome! Sadly it's hard to catch early as the symptoms often come too late. I hope you have a lot more time and have hope that's all you can do. xox "

Thank you, and also for starting the thread, it's reasuring for us all to feel like we aren't alone with coping with it all, if that's not selfish to say x

over a year ago

stand up 2 Cancer last night - was so sad ! 1-2 is not good

hugs to every one ! xxx

over a year ago

Carlisle

Thank you for that, I hadn't actually heard of the Whipple operation actually so will find out more. Tbh though I don't think the drs sound that optimistic so I won't get my hopes up, but will definitely make the most of the time that we do have left, however long that is. You are welcome! Sadly it's hard to catch early as the symptoms often come too late. I hope you have a lot more time and have hope that's all you can do. xox

Thank you, and also for starting the thread, it's reasuring for us all to feel like we aren't alone with coping with it all, if that's not selfish to say x"

Not at all selfish bless you. Sometimes it's harder knowing and unfortunately some people it's very quick for some and others have longer. Personally for me knowing the year diagnosis has been mental torture! It's like grieving but they are still alive. Hugs xox

over a year ago

Carlisle

"stand up 2 Cancer last night - was so sad ! 1-2 is not good

hugs to every one ! xxx "

Thank you xox

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo "
my mums having an operation on Friday, I said oh is that the Whipple? Think she's about freaked out that I knew . It may not help a tall but I see it as a positive that they are being Pro active, and like you said if it helps with the jaundice at least that is one thing.

over a year ago

Carlisle

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo my mums having an operation on Friday, I said oh is that the Whipple? Think she's about freaked out that I knew . It may not help a tall but I see it as a positive that they are being Pro active, and like you said if it helps with the jaundice at least that is one thing."
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it will help your mum bless her. In some cases the operation just extends their life and the cancer can come back it depends if not spread etc my best friend started with a bad back a year gone March and was jaundice in the summer with painfully itchy skin and eyes. I didn't recognise him when i went to the local hospital at a distance outside due to the Covid restrictions! He was referred to the Freeman hospital in Newcastle, He eventually got the whipple operation in the October but had spread and they were slow with scans. Just try and be positive for your mum and always have hope xo

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo my mums having an operation on Friday, I said oh is that the Whipple? Think she's about freaked out that I knew . It may not help a tall but I see it as a positive that they are being Pro active, and like you said if it helps with the jaundice at least that is one thing. Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it will help your mum bless her. In some cases the operation just extends their life and the cancer can come back it depends if not spread etc my best friend started with a bad back a year gone March and was jaundice in the summer with painfully itchy skin and eyes. I didn't recognise him when i went to the local hospital at a distance outside due to the Covid restrictions! He was referred to the Freeman hospital in Newcastle, He eventually got the whipple operation in the October but had spread and they were slow with scans. Just try and be positive for your mum and always have hope xo "

Oh I will thank you. I have ordered my mum a necklace with my daughter's picture engraved into it, I hope that we can get it to her before Friday as then it can be her good luck charm.

over a year ago

Carlisle

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo my mums having an operation on Friday, I said oh is that the Whipple? Think she's about freaked out that I knew . It may not help a tall but I see it as a positive that they are being Pro active, and like you said if it helps with the jaundice at least that is one thing. Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it will help your mum bless her. In some cases the operation just extends their life and the cancer can come back it depends if not spread etc my best friend started with a bad back a year gone March and was jaundice in the summer with painfully itchy skin and eyes. I didn't recognise him when i went to the local hospital at a distance outside due to the Covid restrictions! He was referred to the Freeman hospital in Newcastle, He eventually got the whipple operation in the October but had spread and they were slow with scans. Just try and be positive for your mum and always have hope xo

Oh I will thank you. I have ordered my mum a necklace with my daughter's picture engraved into it, I hope that we can get it to her before Friday as then it can be her good luck charm."

You are welcome! Aww how nice that is sweet and a good idea. I got my best friend a turtle dove last Christmas, You know like out of the film Home Alone 2 when he gives her one and he keeps one to represent forever friendship, He was made up and loved it. Lol

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Tonight on ITV at 8PM is a documentary all about it. "It's Britain's Hidden Killer" as it's hard to diagnose early, I feel it's important for people to be made aware of and could potentially save lives. x "

Agreed. Most of us do a better job of getting an mot for the car or having the boiler serviced than having our own bodies checked. We only get one ...

One of my best friends is pretty evangelical about this, having had testicular cancer detected during a routine checkup. He’s fine, but it was starting to spread and they caught it just in time.

over a year ago

Carlisle

Agreed. Most of us do a better job of getting an mot for the car or having the boiler serviced than having our own bodies checked. We only get one ...

One of my best friends is pretty evangelical about this, having had testicular cancer detected during a routine checkup. He’s fine, but it was starting to spread and they caught it just in time. "

So true! We should never ignore even little changes or what our body is telling us. So happy to hear that about your friend

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

One of my best friends is pretty evangelical about this, having had testicular cancer detected during a routine checkup. He’s fine, but it was starting to spread and they caught it just in time. So true! We should never ignore even little changes or what our body is telling us. So happy to hear that about your friend "

Cheers. Completely agree re ignoring changes, but also worth getting checked anyway so that we find warning signs before we notice any actual changes.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"My mum has literally been told she has it yesterday and that it's highly unlikely there's anything they can do. I will watch the programme as soon as I can stay awake long enough. It spreads so quickly, that's the worst bit. So sorry! Hopefully your mum will still get the whipple operation? Basically that can remove the tumour if caught early or pro long the life expectancy. My best friend got the operation but it had spread! They were slow with scans because of Covid unfortunately. However he would of only had a few years at best anyway If the operation was successful, Well at least it helped get rid of the jaundice and itchy skin. Hugs xo my mums having an operation on Friday, I said oh is that the Whipple? Think she's about freaked out that I knew . It may not help a tall but I see it as a positive that they are being Pro active, and like you said if it helps with the jaundice at least that is one thing. Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it will help your mum bless her. In some cases the operation just extends their life and the cancer can come back it depends if not spread etc my best friend started with a bad back a year gone March and was jaundice in the summer with painfully itchy skin and eyes. I didn't recognise him when i went to the local hospital at a distance outside due to the Covid restrictions! He was referred to the Freeman hospital in Newcastle, He eventually got the whipple operation in the October but had spread and they were slow with scans. Just try and be positive for your mum and always have hope xo

Oh I will thank you. I have ordered my mum a necklace with my daughter's picture engraved into it, I hope that we can get it to her before Friday as then it can be her good luck charm. You are welcome! Aww how nice that is sweet and a good idea. I got my best friend a turtle dove last Christmas, You know like out of the film Home Alone 2 when he gives her one and he keeps one to represent forever friendship, He was made up and loved it. Lol "

that is lovely

over a year ago

Carlisle

One of my best friends is pretty evangelical about this, having had testicular cancer detected during a routine checkup. He’s fine, but it was starting to spread and they caught it just in time. So true! We should never ignore even little changes or what our body is telling us. So happy to hear that about your friend

Cheers. Completely agree re ignoring changes, but also worth getting checked anyway so that we find warning signs before we notice any actual changes.

"

You are welcome!

over a year ago

Carlisle

Oh I will thank you. I have ordered my mum a necklace with my daughter's picture engraved into it, I hope that we can get it to her before Friday as then it can be her good luck charm. You are welcome! Aww how nice that is sweet and a good idea. I got my best friend a turtle dove last Christmas, You know like out of the film Home Alone 2 when he gives her one and he keeps one to represent forever friendship, He was made up and loved it. Lol that is lovely "

Thank you xo

Post new Message to Thread