Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The French

Jump to newest

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Isn’t it time France moved and we had new neighbours?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Isn’t it time France moved and we had new neighbours?"

Might be easier for you to move of you don't like them so much. You have less stuff.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Going to be trouble in the water soon , their fishermen are not happy

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"Isn’t it time France moved and we had new neighbours?

Might be easier for you to move of you don't like them so much. You have less stuff. "

I love them. Just they like to bash us.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

We almost did a few years ago but some took issue to that.

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Might be easier for you to move of you don't like them so much. You have less stuff.

I love them. Just they like to bash us."

Remeber joining the EU and france were vehemently opposed to us joining. The french farmers burned our sheep alive in the lorries because of objection to importing our lambs. They took out more from the EU than they put in.

Don't get me wrong i have good French friends, but they were always envious of Britain. The ladt thing i would do is would be to get into an anglo/french political discussion.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Going to be trouble in the water soon , their fishermen are not happy "

Are they ever happy.

The British like to complain and tut.

But fuck me the French take pride in being world class miserable fuckers.

over a year ago

Going to be trouble in the water soon , their fishermen are not happy

Are they ever happy.

The British like to complain and tut.

But fuck me the French take pride in being world class miserable fuckers. "

Yes very true

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

... On the anniversary of the battle of Hastings?

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

Perhaps they should move in a couple of weeks - on the anniversary of Agincourt!

over a year ago

Such a great thread... Thanks for your contributions to my block list.

over a year ago

I love them. Just they like to bash us.

Remeber joining the EU and france were vehemently opposed to us joining. The french farmers burned our sheep alive in the lorries because of objection to importing our lambs. They took out more from the EU than they put in.

Don't get me wrong i have good French friends, but they were always envious of Britain. The ladt thing i would do is would be to get into an anglo/french political discussion."

Il vaut mieux entendre ça que d’être sourd.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If it hadn’t been for Brexit, I’d own a house in France

over a year ago

"Such a great thread... Thanks for your contributions to my block list."

Can i be added too?

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

nous les français n'allons nulle part.....

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Welcome x

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

He t’aime le francais

By *inky_CarpenterMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Only done one trip to France, but I found the French to be welcoming, helpful and generally really friendly. Even in Paris they couldn't have been nicer.....

I was led to believe that the French were cold and wouldn't speak English so I was a bit nervous because I speak no French at all. But I found the exact opposite to be true.

Possibly it could be different for me, because I'm South African and not British?

over a year ago

I have a couple of close friends who are French so I really don’t appreciate this thread.

I don’t know if you were attempting to be humorous but whatever your intentions were it’s never a good idea to judge an entire race by the actions of a few. Some of my ancestors were murdered because it was decided people of their religion shouldn’t be allowed to live so my tolerance of this line of thinking is particularly low.

By *ripodius WillyusMan
over a year ago

Here and there

Hang on while in eu we had some sway with them now we are not we cannot dictate to anyone about anything.

Boris breaks any deal he signs without blinking.

We rely on france because we import so much stuff from eu except now we pay more.

Good on france they stand up for beliefs.

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

One will sleep well tonight

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Garlic breathed, soft cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Oh, except the french girl from 1970’s sitcom Mind Your Language, she was fit as fuck.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Why don't we move? We're the ones who apparently don't want to be so close to Europe any more.

over a year ago

"Garlic breathed, soft cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Oh, except the french girl from 1970’s sitcom Mind Your Language, she was fit as fuck. "

Is ‘soft cheese eating’ an insult or a compliment...or just an observation?

One of my French friends doesn’t like cheese of any kind, his breath’s never smelt of garlic and I don’t think he’s ever surrendered to anyone in any way....I’m beginning to question if he really is French...

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I have a couple of close friends who are French so I really don’t appreciate this thread.

I don’t know if you were attempting to be humorous but whatever your intentions were it’s never a good idea to judge an entire race by the actions of a few. Some of my ancestors were murdered because it was decided people of their religion shouldn’t be allowed to live so my tolerance of this line of thinking is particularly low. "

Same and same family background....

over a year ago

"I have a couple of close friends who are French so I really don’t appreciate this thread.

I don’t know if you were attempting to be humorous but whatever your intentions were it’s never a good idea to judge an entire race by the actions of a few. Some of my ancestors were murdered because it was decided people of their religion shouldn’t be allowed to live so my tolerance of this line of thinking is particularly low. "

^

over a year ago

You can't aim jokes at anybody who might be somehow related to other people in the world o.p, it's not funny and you might offend folks.

over a year ago

Vive la France

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Oh, except the french girl from 1970’s sitcom Mind Your Language, she was fit as fuck.

One of my French friends doesn’t like cheese of any kind, his breath’s never smelt of garlic and I don’t think he’s ever surrendered to anyone in any way....I’m beginning to question if he really is French..."

Sounds like he must be an imposter, if he was genuinely a Frenchman he would conform to at least two of these characteristics.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

They had a half decent attempt at making mustard!

By *unkerbobMan
over a year ago

belfast

F—K france

over a year ago

One of my French friends doesn’t like cheese of any kind, his breath’s never smelt of garlic and I don’t think he’s ever surrendered to anyone in any way....I’m beginning to question if he really is French...

Sounds like he must be an imposter, if he was genuinely a Frenchman he would conform to at least two of these characteristics. "

Considering the French haven’t surrendered since 1940 and let’s say the youngest soldiers to be involved in that were 18, that means no Frenchman younger than 99 has ever surrendered or has ever had the option to surrender so I think you’re being a bit harsh on them there as they only have 2 ‘characteristics’ left that it’s even possible for them to conform to.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

They are good at the sexy time

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Allez les bleus. Les rostbif merde

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Allez les bleus. Les rostbif merde "

He fancies Eric Cantona ^

over a year ago

"Allez les bleus. Les rostbif merde "

*le rosbif

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Allez les bleus. Les rostbif merde

*le rosbif "

salope

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

He fancies Eric Cantona ^"

let’s drink a drink a drink to Eric the king the king the king he’s the leader of our football team, to the tune of lilly the pink

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

He fancies Eric Cantona ^ let’s drink a drink a drink to Eric the king the king the king he’s the leader of our football team, to the tune of lilly the pink"

He's a French scaffolder ^

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

He fancies Eric Cantona ^ let’s drink a drink a drink to Eric the king the king the king he’s the leader of our football team, to the tune of lilly the pink

He's a French scaffolder ^ "

no he got board with that

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Bonnie Tyler got lost there once....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK-SVR86ThY

over a year ago

He fancies Eric Cantona ^ let’s drink a drink a drink to Eric the king the king the king he’s the leader of our football team, to the tune of lilly the pink"

Have you seen the film Looking For Eric? A friend of mine worked as a camera man on that and he said he was a really sound bloke. One of the crew was having a house party and Cantona turned up with a load of food and cooked them all a meal.

Also in that film there’s a scene when the main character turns around and sees Cantona for the first time, the actor is a big Man U fan but was told they couldn’t get the real Cantona so were going to use a lookalike. When he was doing that scene he was expecting to see a lookalike when he turned round so the reaction on film is his genuine reaction and surprise to seeing Cantona.

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

He fancies Eric Cantona ^ let’s drink a drink a drink to Eric the king the king the king he’s the leader of our football team, to the tune of lilly the pink

Have you seen the film Looking For Eric? A friend of mine worked as a camera man on that and he said he was a really sound bloke. One of the crew was having a house party and Cantona turned up with a load of food and cooked them all a meal.

Also in that film there’s a scene when the main character turns around and sees Cantona for the first time, the actor is a big Man U fan but was told they couldn’t get the real Cantona so were going to use a lookalike. When he was doing that scene he was expecting to see a lookalike when he turned round so the reaction on film is his genuine reaction and surprise to seeing Cantona. "

yes I have seen it. It was enjoyable enough. I’m not real Man Utd fan but he certainly is iconic and memorable

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Sad Café would have to change their name to Sad Cafe

By *ayjay218Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Sad Café would have to change their name to Sad Cafe"
touché

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Menge tous menge tous, when Harry and Megan become King and Queen we invade France and Spain and the New United Kingdom Emirates will be born.

The future so bright I gotta wear

over a year ago

"Menge tous menge tous, when Harry and Megan become King and Queen we invade France and Spain and the New United Kingdom Emirates will be born.

The future so bright I gotta wear "

over a year ago

Oh, except the french girl from 1970’s sitcom Mind Your Language, she was fit as fuck. "

That cuts deep!

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

Nah, keep them where they are, if they were further away, the French bread would be stale by the time it got here, the French letters would all have to come by air mail, and there's enough shortages at the moment without adding them to the list, the French wine might taste better though if it was vintage by the time they got it through border control.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Sounds like he must be an imposter, if he was genuinely a Frenchman he would conform to at least two of these characteristics.

Considering the French haven’t surrendered since 1940 and let’s say the youngest soldiers to be involved in that were 18, that means no Frenchman younger than 99 has ever surrendered or has ever had the option to surrender so I think you’re being a bit harsh on them there as they only have 2 ‘characteristics’ left that it’s even possible for them to conform to. "

You may want to brush up on your knowledge of the Vietnam war!

over a year ago

She lived with my next door neighbour for a while. Was a grade a ponce and was always knocking on our door to borrow stuff. I think she had a thing for my dad as well. He had no interest which only added to the dossier I am compiling to prove to the world that my dad is gay.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

They make cakes. That’ll do for me

over a year ago

I spent the last 22 years in Blighty stealing your girlfriends, jobs and money. Easiest loot ever!

By *olden RatioWoman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

Move them so that all the beautiful French men are closer to meeeee!!!

over a year ago

North West

"I spent the last 22 years in Blighty stealing your girlfriends, jobs and money. Easiest loot ever!"

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

She lived with my next door neighbour for a while. Was a grade a ponce and was always knocking on our door to borrow stuff. I think she had a thing for my dad as well. He had no interest which only added to the dossier I am compiling to prove to the world that my dad is gay. "

Nooo.

Don’t shatter my dreams. For over 40 years I’ve had this image that she was a complete angel.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

It’s a forum on a sex sure and 90% of posts in the Lounge are somewhat humorous. It’s not The Guardian or The Jeremy Vine Show though it can be at times.

Most of us with a brain know a serious thread and not to throw in inappropriate humour.

I think inappropriate seriousness and faux outrage is a bit insulting too.

Everyone knows French English animosity is a thing much like being English in Celtic lands you’re going to get a bit of ribbing.

To equate every bit of ribbing with murder is frankly ridiculous and tedious especially in dusty corners of the internet.

Those who are harmful to others are so because they have poisoned minds, not because someone made a a bit of sarcasm at some point.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

But then who would block the air traffic lanes every August?

Better the devil you know. Besides we all know how much they love living next door to us.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

But then who would block the air traffic lanes every August?

Better the devil you know. Besides we all know how much they love living next door to us. "

Indeed. Sense prevails!

over a year ago

I have to be nice about the French..

Im married to one!

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"I have to be nice about the French..

Im married to one!"

Oo-la-laa!

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I have to be nice about the French..

Im married to one!

Oo-la-laa! "

And an eclair for both of us...

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'd rather move closer to Italy please.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"I'd rather move closer to Italy please. "

Ah yes. Italy. More friendly I find.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I'd rather move closer to Italy please. "

What have the Romans ever done for us?

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"I'd rather move closer to Italy please.

What have the Romans ever done for us? "

Lasagne?

over a year ago

"If it hadn’t been for Brexit, I’d own a house in France "

Nothing to stop you buying a house in France.

over a year ago

Don’t believe all the stereotypes people - most French people are polite, friendly and helpful.

My neighbours in France are much friendlier than my neighbours in U.K.

If you make the effort to speak a little French and fit in with their culture then you will discover this.

They are very proud of being French, something the U.K. could learn from.

over a year ago

"I'd rather move closer to Italy please.

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Lasagne? "

Roads, concrete, toilets to name just a few.

By *ood time Chris BMan
over a year ago

TAUNTON AREA

Considering the French haven’t surrendered since 1940 and let’s say the youngest soldiers to be involved in that were 18, that means no Frenchman younger than 99 has ever surrendered or has ever had the option to surrender so I think you’re being a bit harsh on them there as they only have 2 ‘characteristics’ left that it’s even possible for them to conform to. "

They haven't surrendered because they have not been in any threat

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Remember when le piat d'or was sophisticated?

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"Remember when le piat d'or was sophisticated? "

Blimey yes and porn was a French film on BBC2 late on a Friday night.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

Apart from the best food and wine on the world, france doesn’t have much going for it.

And the best sports event, and a better climate.

And the best city in the world.

It apart from that, diddly squat. Ok, and the alps, Pyrenees and Côte d’Azur.

By *immyinreadingMan
over a year ago

henley on thames

She lived with my next door neighbour for a while. Was a grade a ponce and was always knocking on our door to borrow stuff. I think she had a thing for my dad as well. He had no interest which only added to the dossier I am compiling to prove to the world that my dad is gay.

Nooo.

Don’t shatter my dreams. For over 40 years I’ve had this image that she was a complete angel. "

I’m with you on that one. Francoise Pascal ... played Danielle. Even if she was a right cow I could easily overlook the fact

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

And now a French person has won that £184 million! You just can’t trust them….

over a year ago

I liked the French the more I travelled in France. I don't like their government or their foreign policies but then I'm not crazy about ours either.

over a year ago

"And now a French person has won that £184 million! You just can’t trust them…. "

Yeah, I know

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

We'd have to build a longer Channel Tunnel

By *unkerbobMan
over a year ago

belfast

Best wine-definitely not!!!!!

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

the isle of wight peoduces more garlic than france... just saying like

over a year ago

They’re threatening to turn off the electricity supply on the Channel Islands, little devils

over a year ago

I like France

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I like France "

Bonnie Tyler got lost there once

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2jh2qemxU

over a year ago

"I like France

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2jh2qemxU"

Pretty sure you've posted that twice now...big bonnie fan eh?

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"I like France

Pretty sure you've posted that twice now...big bonnie fan eh? "

Wondering why bonnie has the gravelly voice? It is Bonnie replying....

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"They’re threatening to turn off the electricity supply on the Channel Islands, little devils "

Maybe we will have to boycott golden delicious again... That'll get their attention for sure.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I like France

Pretty sure you've posted that twice now...big bonnie fan eh? "

Yeah, I had some French toast for breakfast this morning and can't remember what I posted yesterday

By *nlyfun3Woman
over a year ago

NEAR Berkhamsted,Herts

I'm am really sad to see this thread. If it was aimed at a colour or other race this would be stopped. Disgusting -'joking' comments.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Remeber joining the EU and france were vehemently opposed to us joining."

It was not the EU then

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Careful OP you'll soon have non-French people taking offence on their behalf

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Careful OP you'll soon have non-French people taking offence on their behalf "

Vive la difference

over a year ago

North West

"Careful OP you'll soon have non-French people taking offence on their behalf

Vive la difference "

Vive la tolérance.....

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I'm am really sad to see this thread. If it was aimed at a colour or other race this would be stopped. Disgusting -'joking' comments. "

He could have picked on the Belgians

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Vive la difference

Vive la tolérance....."

Vive la vauxhall

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

"I'm am really sad to see this thread. If it was aimed at a colour or other race this would be stopped. Disgusting -'joking' comments. "

Bouillabaisse mon ami .

over a year ago

"I like France

Pretty sure you've posted that twice now...big bonnie fan eh?

Yeah, I had some French toast for breakfast this morning and can't remember what I posted yesterday "

We calling jack daniels 'French toast' now?

over a year ago

"Careful OP you'll soon have non-French people taking offence on their behalf "

So are you saying it’s wrong to stick up for people that are being attacked because I’m a different race from them? If someone in the street is being verbally attacked because of their race, are the only people allowed to stand up for them and help them people of the same race? That’s basically what you’re saying....OP has been offensive towards French people and you’re saying we’re not allowed to be offended or to stick up for them because we’re not French....do you realise how ridiculous that is?

If you were in France and you started getting racially abused by French people I think you’d hope the French onlookers would be offended and try to help you...

over a year ago

So are you saying it’s wrong to stick up for people that are being attacked because I’m a different race from them? If someone in the street is being verbally attacked because of their race, are the only people allowed to stand up for them and help them people of the same race? That’s basically what you’re saying....OP has been offensive towards French people and you’re saying we’re not allowed to be offended or to stick up for them because we’re not French....do you realise how ridiculous that is?

If you were in France and you started getting racially abused by French people I think you’d hope the French onlookers would be offended and try to help you..."

Nobody is being attacked. And I'm fairly sure that nobody would care a single shit if some French people were taking the piss out of the English. Let them, who cares? You make it sound like a group of French people have been assaulted and need somebody to step in to help them.

Or is the rule now we can literally laugh about nobody, even in some indirect and generalised way, just in case it offends somebody on their behalf?

Get a grip, there's zero need to go flapping around like a drama queen

over a year ago

If you were in France and you started getting racially abused by French people I think you’d hope the French onlookers would be offended and try to help you...

Nobody is being attacked. And I'm fairly sure that nobody would care a single shit if some French people were taking the piss out of the English. Let them, who cares? You make it sound like a group of French people have been assaulted and need somebody to step in to help them.

Or is the rule now we can literally laugh about nobody, even in some indirect and generalised way, just in case it offends somebody on their behalf?

Get a grip, there's zero need to go flapping around like a drama queen "

No one’s being attacked?? If your neighbour came and knocked your door and said can you please move we want new neighbours would you feel attacked? I reckon you would...If someone sticks up for you and says that the allegations made against you aren’t true and you shouldn’t be racially stereotyped would you appreciate someone sticking up for you? I reckon you would.

Now look at it from your point of view....your neighbour has asked you to move because they want new neighbours and when you get upset the other people in the street say ‘get a grip, there’s zero need to go flapping around’ and tell you that you haven’t been assaulted and don’t need anyone to step in to help you. If everyone in the street was like you they’d just shrug their shoulders and say well it’s ok that the neighbour said that because it’s fine to laugh at people with no regard to who you might offend. Have you even thought that there might be French people on this site who will be offended and upset by what the OP said?

You can’t just go around being offensive to people and passing it off as ok because it’s humour, try having a bit of empathy.

over a year ago

Get a grip, there's zero need to go flapping around like a drama queen

No one’s being attacked?? If your neighbour came and knocked your door and said can you please move we want new neighbours would you feel attacked? I reckon you would...If someone sticks up for you and says that the allegations made against you aren’t true and you shouldn’t be racially stereotyped would you appreciate someone sticking up for you? I reckon you would.

Now look at it from your point of view....your neighbour has asked you to move because they want new neighbours and when you get upset the other people in the street say ‘get a grip, there’s zero need to go flapping around’ and tell you that you haven’t been assaulted and don’t need anyone to step in to help you. If everyone in the street was like you they’d just shrug their shoulders and say well it’s ok that the neighbour said that because it’s fine to laugh at people with no regard to who you might offend. Have you even thought that there might be French people on this site who will be offended and upset by what the OP said?

You can’t just go around being offensive to people and passing it off as ok because it’s humour, try having a bit of empathy. "

Nobody's door got knocked on though did it? And if somebody knocked on my door and asked me to move, I wouldn't feel attacked, I'd just close my door, job done. Sorry if your the type to be hurt by that.

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

The thread is actually not an historic dig at the French but in reaction to the noted deterioration in international relations between us since Brexit, Channel Islands fishing blockades, more threats over fishing and electricity and the very public falling out over subs to Australia (submarines not sissy subs).

I can remember ordering drinks in a bar in Bordeaux in French but the owner turned out to be English. She loved France but said there were weekly strikes and demos over all kinds of stuff. That’s why we mock them.

I was in Wales recently and a Welsh guy said the northern and southern Welsh didn’t always get along and neither did the southern and western ones either.

A friend in Tipperary said about the insults from those in Munster and a Glaswegian colleague mocked the teuchters.

I don’t imagine those sort of things lead to much more than friendly rivalry. Stating someone somewhere might get attacked is rubbish especially as anything I write here is going nowhere. If the mods don’t remove it then it’s within the rules.

I won’t have the last word on this or nor do I intend to. I half expected dreary I’m type offended comments. Simple. Get a life.

Post new Message to Thread