Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Restaurant recommendation London/Surrey

Jump to newest

By *viatrix OP   Woman
over a year ago

Redhill

Hey

Last time I asked for a reccie it was a great success. So I come to you lot again.

I am looking for a nice restaurant, nothing too loud or overly presumptious... not very romantic either. Haha.

Somewhere good, with AMAZING food, fun atmosphere, and the trickiest bit- that would be able to fit us in this weekend? Can be anytime really!

Would prefer it not very loud, not a lot of alcohol/people drinking... him indoors is getting older and those things get him grumpy haha x

Price is no objection.

Cheers! xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The afternoon crowd might know.

over a year ago

the goodman which is an excelllent steak house with wine about £200 depending on what you have

or pollen street social just around the corner,(jason atherton) beautiful, or little social over the road also amazing

don't do tom kerridge at harrods

hope this helps

By *estcountryDadBodMan
over a year ago

Exeter

How much do you want to spend and what food do you like?

By *viatrix OP   Woman
over a year ago

Redhill

"How much do you want to spend and what food do you like? "

We don’t mind paying for good food as long as it is good... dunno, say upper limit £500 final bill before tip? We don’t really drink, so we can factor in a shared bottle of wine but we prefer to spend on the food/atmosphere!

By *viatrix OP   Woman
over a year ago

Redhill

"the goodman which is an excelllent steak house with wine about £200 depending on what you have

or pollen street social just around the corner,(jason atherton) beautiful, or little social over the road also amazing

hope this helps "

Oooh thanks a lot! will have a look now

By *viatrix OP   Woman
over a year ago

Redhill

"The afternoon crowd might know. "

Thanks for bumping! I thought my thread had died and gone to heaven with zero replies.... xx maybe people will be more inspired now that it’s the weekend?

By *estcountryDadBodMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"How much do you want to spend and what food do you like?

We don’t mind paying for good food as long as it is good... dunno, say upper limit £500 final bill before tip? We don’t really drink, so we can factor in a shared bottle of wine but we prefer to spend on the food/atmosphere! "

Have a look at amazonica good food and quirky vibe,

Also Seabird, not overly pricey but good food and views

Another is social eating house, another JasonAtherton place but more atmospheric than pollen street for me

Have fun

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Lutyens Grill at The Ned has a nice atmosphere without being too loud...but I've only ever done business lunch there so don't know what it's like at the weekend

over a year ago

pollen street social.. Fabuloud food, very friendly /welcoming

over a year ago

If it's a Sunday lunch, the Botanist in Broadgate,delicious. Night time is full of rich kids on , avoid.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

If you like sushi, Miso in Reigate is really good. Maybe not the amazing you are looking for but it was really good and we both really liked it.

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

We went to a stunning restaurant in Covent Garden called Clos Maggiore.

The food was outstanding, and the wine list….. well it was more an encyclopaedia really!

"The world's most romantic restaurant, with a open fire and beautiful floral ceiling display in the conservatory and first floor dining room. Perfect for dates, or dinner with friends and colleagues. Excellent, warm service and world class food led by executive”

By *ickstonMan
over a year ago

Bedford

"the goodman which is an excelllent steak house with wine about £200 depending on what you have

hope this helps

Oooh thanks a lot! will have a look now "

I'd recommend the steak here ,was dining here last weekend , but also recommend the Delaunay , really nice restaurant very beautiful too

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Bodeans is great for BBQ food and informal atmosphere.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I don’t know what aqua shard is like at night but I sometimes go for breakfast/brunch when I stay in London , it’s really nice food, good service, great view and good value for London

Post new Message to Thread