FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should fab do more to stop ridiculous single males?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Good evening, as a single male on this site is like to apologies to the woman, couples and ts/tv's on this site that have had to endure the endless bombardment of ignorance and stupidity executed by the minority(understatment I know) of single males on fab. After seeing the sheer amount of profiles that block us(single males) and the staggering amount of complaints. Id like to think it's not a majority who act like this and that more can be done to stop all of us nice, polite and fun blokes being vilified for stupidity we'd rather not be labeled under:/ it makes the site a bore and such an obstacle course to actually want to bother being here if they won't change then surely something can help thin the heard of vile Twats that seem to ruin what should be a great experience for all! maybe not but it's a nice thought all the same

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *LiamMan
over a year ago

Midlands

Never apologise for someone else's mistakes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Someone's got to make amends for the fact that half our species is semi-brain dead can't stand the fact that this sites biggest complaint is the single males on it! Would rather speak up than sit here and read status after status about how rude; desperate, idiotic, vile, stupid, etc etc etc. You can pretend its not your problem all you like but that makes you part of it

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Good evening, as a single male on this site is like to apologies to the woman, couples and ts/tv's on this site that have had to endure the endless bombardment of ignorance and stupidity executed by the minority(understatment I know) of single males on fab. After seeing the sheer amount of profiles that block us(single males) and the staggering amount of complaints. Id like to think it's not a majority who act like this and that more can be done to stop all of us nice, polite and fun blokes being vilified for stupidity we'd rather not be labeled under:/ it makes the site a bore and such an obstacle course to actually want to bother being here if they won't change then surely something can help thin the heard of vile Twats that seem to ruin what should be a great experience for all! maybe not but it's a nice thought all the same"

Agree with you op,and we get some of those messages,but being devils advocate,what make you not one of them,maybe you should be banned too? Hope you get my point op

Reply privately

By *edRhinosMan
over a year ago

nr constantine

"Good evening, as a single male on this site is like to apologies to the woman, couples and ts/tv's on this site that have had to endure the endless bombardment of ignorance and stupidity executed by the minority(understatment I know) of single males on fab. After seeing the sheer amount of profiles that block us(single males) and the staggering amount of complaints. Id like to think it's not a majority who act like this and that more can be done to stop all of us nice, polite and fun blokes being vilified for stupidity we'd rather not be labeled under:/ it makes the site a bore and such an obstacle course to actually want to bother being here if they won't change then surely something can help thin the heard of vile Twats that seem to ruin what should be a great experience for all! maybe not but it's a nice thought all the same

Agree with you op,and we get some of those messages,but being devils advocate,what make you not one of them,maybe you should be banned too? Hope you get my point op"

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

The biggest problems I have had on fab are not from men but from an awful single female with a few profiles. I have also seen horrendous, abusive messages to males from females on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol this all makes me laugh, the lads that are dickheads actually make it easier for us, it's like everything if you put the effort in you will get the rewards. Op I think you should chill out about other people and look after yourself. In the words of Mr kipling all good things come to those that wait

Reply privately

over a year ago

I understand your point but I think you missed the mine? Not a judgement of course but this was intended as an opening for discussion on the point. Hence the question in the title, I'm not saying ban single males. Otherwise I'd just leave as I'm one myself? Seems rather redundant to suggest? However I'd like to think there could be more moderation on accounts that repeatedly act like they deserve anything from anyone. You get what you give..and that's a fact act like an asshole and people will start to treat you as such. I try to always be polite, respectful and courteous to whomever I'm messaging fully knowing I probably won't even get a response because I'm a single male And I'm just bored of seeing accounts that excite me. Just to find that they don't wanna hear from single males. Now I've not read the same things about single females. Nor couples to add to that point. Not saying it doesn't happen but I think you get my point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not about waiting. It's about the things single males say! I encourage females to post on this thread some of the abhorrent and disgusting things absolute pieces of garbage get to say. Facebook would ban you for less! And they're moderation is second rate at best!

Reply privately

over a year ago

FabSwingers are already doing a gr8 job and needn’t do anymore than they’re already doing. It’s we peeps who need to change and try to behave by respecting all, matters not what gender, race, single, couple, etc. None of us are entirely free from fault. We all have a part to play...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I understand your point but I think you missed the mine? Not a judgement of course but this was intended as an opening for discussion on the point. Hence the question in the title, I'm not saying ban single males. Otherwise I'd just leave as I'm one myself? Seems rather redundant to suggest? However I'd like to think there could be more moderation on accounts that repeatedly act like they deserve anything from anyone. You get what you give..and that's a fact act like an asshole and people will start to treat you as such. I try to always be polite, respectful and courteous to whomever I'm messaging fully knowing I probably won't even get a response because I'm a single male And I'm just bored of seeing accounts that excite me. Just to find that they don't wanna hear from single males. Now I've not read the same things about single females. Nor couples to add to that point. Not saying it doesn't happen but I think you get my point."

Didn't miss your point,but think you may have missed mine. And who gets to choose who should be felt with? There is a reason why you can't leave bad verification on here, otherwise what's to stop me saying that you are an abusive time waster,not saying you are,but just because you don't think you are doesn't make it fact,if you see what I mean

Reply privately

over a year ago

Couldnt agree more I'm just trying to have a say in exactly that. Night after night I see people list single males as disgusting; horrible and even threatening. And I'm not agreeing with the statistic with my post but I can't sit by an watch as a single male who tries to be a decent human being by accepting all as they are and giving them the base respect they deserve regardless of how anyone might percieve this post. I'm not calling out fab I'm calling out the lads who are also sick of being put aside without the chance to be nice who think the don't have a voice who are; respectful, accepting and fair which might actually receive a fair first response other than being greeted by a wall which to me screams "you're gender are shite therefore you can't talk to these people because most of you can't take rejection" and it's that which bothers me I've had meets and this isn't my first account I've left and returned twice over 5 years and nothing's changed. I'd like to think the males who aren't like this want to change this stereotype and i'd like to open a chance to redeem the reputation of men who would like to meet and enjoy this life as I have it the past, without the predjudice given (not without reason i'll add) to our specification.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The statistic. Answer me this. If you were looking for somewhere to eat on Google, out of two places, one with one bad review but 10 good and the other the opposite how would you proceed? I think we both know where I'm going with this. It's an average! Nobody is 100% good all the time, I agree! But someone who is reviewed as moderately good over someone who has been actually reviewed to be not be is surely better than most assuming the few good are not worth talking to at least??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Problem we find on here is that slot of men see this as a sex site not a swingers site,the two are very different

Reply privately

By *jekimMan
over a year ago

Wigan

Yes I agree they should an pestering gay men also

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not disputing that and glad you brought it up actually. Would you agree that fab could do more to review people by their actions over there gender? Being able to block all of any gender should be a choice of sexual preference not because a few ruin the experience for all? Why have 100's of messages from sub class HUMANS. When you could have the chance to receive from only those rated by those who've actually spoken/ met with and have earned their right by not being pieces of s**t to talk on a level not predefined by the likelyhood of their ignorance by association?

Reply privately

over a year ago

As the male half of a couples profile I find this site to be ok in dealing with people majority that I respond to accept mine and my partners preferences and the ones who don't get hit with fabs best feature the block button but if anything I would say that could be improved was separate age preferences on the looking for then I think it would help reduce some of the unwanted messages

Reply privately

over a year ago

But only those who don't understand boundaries yet another stereotype. I like many others enjoy being complimented. But block those who don't understand the word NO. Like I've heard a thousand others of varying genders and relationship boundaries complain about. I've had gay/ bi men who don't understand that I don't care that they can "suck my cock better than any woman" but I'm not interested in THEM for whatever reason. Respect is a base concept all should understand on this site yet no one seems to think it's important to make fab aware that the current system can be improved( not that they're doing a bad job!) but speaking from my own experience i think more could be done by us as a collective rather than thinking that all aren't worth the time because some are Twats.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree I think self moderation is important. If everyone had the chance to review their encounters where they fealt they wanted to people would see people for who they are and not what they are

Reply privately

over a year ago

So surely the chance to label them as pests over just the standard as a single male(or whatever) would be useful as you could see they are just not a nice person, instead of just thinking most will follow the status quo, should benefit all no?

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I had my own solo profile I found turning off messages from males a great help but it would be more useful the be able to fine tune what you wanted to block and receive

Reply privately

over a year ago

I understand what you mean. I bet it can be overwhelming to have so many men being that they're the majority population of the sight but if you couldve fine tuned your block list with more filters would you agree that it might of been better than just blocking them all and picking through with a fine toothed comb?

Reply privately

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Use reply and quote if you are replying then people will know who you are answering op .

Don't apologise for what others do or say unless you do it yourself it has never made sense to me someone apologising for others behaviour.

I've had some abuse on here not a lot because I use my filters and I've no interest in getting a load of messages from people every day that I cannot possibly read or answer.

If people are not replying to you it's not because of abuse they get it's because they aren't interested in you it's that simple and those that use oh but I get so much abuse are just using it as an excuse. There are ways to take control of your account if you want and yes you may still get abuse but not a lot And why would anyone let some random person on here affect them anyhow .It just makes me glad I didn't waste any time on them .It's like the rubbish taking itself out when they do it.

And women and couples are equally as nasty on here as men but men seem to be the ones who get the crap about it all the time and excuses are made for all the others. Abuse is wrong no matter who sends it.

And abusive people don't ruin it for other men they actually do the complete opposite It's an excuse that people like to tell themselves tho for the lack of replies or luck they have on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I understand what you mean. I bet it can be overwhelming to have so many men being that they're the majority population of the sight but if you couldve fine tuned your block list with more filters would you agree that it might of been better than just blocking them all and picking through with a fine toothed comb?"

OP, if you use the 'quote and reply' button' on the post you are reolying to, it will be easier for people to track /engage

Reply privately

over a year ago

As much as there are many people on here who fail to read profiles think purely with their genitals and can sometimes be a bit nasty. It's not just men.

However, the flip side is that the good ones stand out a mile.

Reply privately

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Not sure there is a real problem one or two yes but in the hole not really just block the stupid and take your responsibility for what level of crap you will take.

What is amazing is how no guys are kicking around on a Saturday night apart for the one to say I wish I was closer all talk no balls but not exclusively guys.

So op just be a good guy and stop worrying about stuff out of your control.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In honesty i don't find it an issue ... Just as i wouldn't read every book in the library, i also choose my interactions by their cover and summary

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP, you may b making a leap of faith if you think it's just the bad behaviour if some me that Eman you don't get replies.

But look, should men stop sending abusive messages ? Yes. Should everyone call out bad behaviour when they see it ? Yes. Does this post help .... Yet to be convinced.

I agree more filters would be useful tho. Thats not because men are shit. But because if people are open on fab with their wants and needs, wouldn't it be great to target these?

But that is nothing to do with message quality. Just quantity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So surely the chance to label them as pests over just the standard as a single male(or whatever) would be useful as you could see they are just not a nice person, instead of just thinking most will follow the status quo, should benefit all no? "

Absolutely not that would just allow people who are bitter to leave the labels. There is already the verifications you can display to show you are genuine so those who are looking can see you are.

Before anyone says well how do you get one. Go to a club, social or the cams…

Other men don’t let you down, no one else has any affect on you. If anything you’ll stand out

Reply privately

over a year ago

Question op...are you better then others on here? Why should you so sorry for someone else? Is this thread an attempt to get yourself noticed and tell all the females how nice you are?

Reply privately

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We very, very rarely get messages from ignorant and stupid men - you can also add to that, that we've never had an abusive message.

People mostly get the experience they choose on this site.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Question op...are you better then others on here? Why should you so sorry for someone else? Is this thread an attempt to get yourself noticed and tell all the females how nice you are? "
couldn't agree more mate

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

There are so many other things that you need to consider also.

Some women complain about the quality of messages they receive but strangely those who use their filters rarely if ever complain.

If someone has 500 unread messages regardless of content they obviously need those numbers so they can tell everyone that they have 500 unread messages as an indication of where they fit in the popularity scale.

Others like to play the victim card in order to bring out the white knights while the vast majority of women on here prefer that men don't resort to sychophancy and would rather they focused on what they have to offer before telling them what others don't or won't offer.

As others have already said it's not just men who can send vile, nasty or abusive messages.

It's almost a given that men who apologise on behalf of all other men won't appeal to many women so threads like this usually have the opposite effect to what may be the original intention.

If you have to tell everyone you are polite, respectful or a gent its usually a sign that your actions aren't speaking louder than your words and others can't see the person you believe yourself to be.

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Sorry to pop your bubble, The problem with these posts OP in single males will always try and elevate themselves and calling others dickheads will not hold much water. Many Males come into the forums aparently apologising for other males seeming to want to show themselves being better, or they are not like the others.

In the end they just read like another male dissing other males which, people may or may not be polite. But ultimately you are simmply following in the footsteps of others that have tried the same tactic - that's all it is just another tactic. Dissing other males and one-upmanship may work with some, but genarally you'd be just like the very people your dissing.

Just some friendly advice

Reply privately

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Don't blame others for your lack of meets.

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

You can usually tell timewaters etc

And it's not just men that behave like this playing fuckery with peoples emotions has no gender

Reply privately

over a year ago

What about stopping ridiculous females also? They can be as bad sometimes worse.

People can be ridiculous, not just males

And fwiw I don't have much of a problem, and when I do I just block and delete the message

Reply privately

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

"Question op...are you better then others on here? Why should you so sorry for someone else? Is this thread an attempt to get yourself noticed and tell all the females how nice you are? "

Classic case of ‘ White Knighting’ which I think is equally as disgusting and if I was a woman would find a bit sinister and concerning. The OP thinks he is going to be inundated with requests to meet. Pathetic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Question op...are you better then others on here? Why should you so sorry for someone else? Is this thread an attempt to get yourself noticed and tell all the females how nice you are?

Classic case of ‘ White Knighting’ which I think is equally as disgusting and if I was a woman would find a bit sinister and concerning. The OP thinks he is going to be inundated with requests to meet. Pathetic. "

Home run here. Absolutely spot on

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Question op...are you better then others on here? Why should you so sorry for someone else? Is this thread an attempt to get yourself noticed and tell all the females how nice you are?

Classic case of ‘ White Knighting’ which I think is equally as disgusting and if I was a woman would find a bit sinister and concerning. The OP thinks he is going to be inundated with requests to meet. Pathetic. "

Couldn't agree more

He has tried to make him self look good

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Apologising to everyone he says

Most guys I speak to

Are

Amazing

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"What about stopping ridiculous females also? They can be as bad sometimes worse.

And fwiw I don't have much of a problem, and when I do I just block and delete the message"

Agreed with this. Sure some single men are shitty but nearly all the single men I've interacted with have been lovely. The women can be dire but I've yet to start a thread apologising for their bitchy/whiny/entitled statuses, the hoops they expect others to endure, their bitchy ways in here....

I do understand OP that maybe it's eye opening that's how other men behave but threads like this don't do anything to alter behaviour and won't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don’t apologise on behalf of other people.

As a single female, I’ll be honest, the behaviour of some men does affect how I feel about men as a whole, because it’s easy to get a bit jaded with the whole thing.

I could turn my filters on, but I want to get messages, because I’m actively looking, and no it isn’t because all the messages give me an ego boost , trawling through shitty messages really does not boost my ego, and it’s beyond me that anyone thinks that.

I have had a few abusive messages, and it’s not because I’ve shaped my experiences on here, it’s because some men are shitty, and I’m not going to take the blame for that.

I do agree though, that putting other men down isn’t a nice thing to do.

Reply privately

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

Putting others down doest make you look good

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"The biggest problems I have had on fab are not from men but from an awful single female with a few profiles. I have also seen horrendous, abusive messages to males from females on here."

Reply privately

By *uitednbooted2Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

"Don’t apologise on behalf of other people.

As a single female, I’ll be honest, the behaviour of some men does affect how I feel about men as a whole, because it’s easy to get a bit jaded with the whole thing.

I could turn my filters on, but I want to get messages, because I’m actively looking, and no it isn’t because all the messages give me an ego boost , trawling through shitty messages really does not boost my ego, and it’s beyond me that anyone thinks that.

I have had a few abusive messages, and it’s not because I’ve shaped my experiences on here, it’s because some men are shitty, and I’m not going to take the blame for that.

I do agree though, that putting other men down isn’t a nice thing to do. "

Spot on and I can also say from a male fab veterans perspective shitty messages are not the exclusivity of single men.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What about stopping ridiculous females also? They can be as bad sometimes worse.

And fwiw I don't have much of a problem, and when I do I just block and delete the message

Agreed with this. Sure some single men are shitty but nearly all the single men I've interacted with have been lovely. The women can be dire but I've yet to start a thread apologising for their bitchy/whiny/entitled statuses, the hoops they expect others to endure, their bitchy ways in here....

I do understand OP that maybe it's eye opening that's how other men behave but threads like this don't do anything to alter behaviour and won't."

Absolutely agree here, apologising on behalf of your gender just seems a bizarre thing to do IMHO

Reply privately

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

How fab determine what a "ridiculous" single male was?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We very, very rarely get messages from ignorant and stupid men - you can also add to that, that we've never had an abusive message.

"

It's great that you've not had an abusive message. Exactly how did I and others choose an experience that involves abusive messages? When women first join the site they get bombarded before they've even figured out which settings will work for them so they can have the experience they want.

And to the OP. Some people are a problem on the site. As a woman, I've had messages that have made me upset and angry and all of them have been from men. But I've seen men also talk about the nasty or offensive messages they've received from women. It's not black and white.

Reply privately

By *esthetic21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham/Bristol

I don't think this thread is going how the op thought it would

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is across the board OP. There are fake single females and couples too.

As you have just proved single males are an easy target to complain about plus it’s threads that this that emphasis the fact.

When single males complain about other single males you are in fact creating a competitive, one up man ship where you are in fact trying to say you are different to the other guys, so choose me.

You can only control what you do, the way you speak, your actions, your behaviour, not that of others.

As a single male myself I don’t have the issues that you are alluding too because I don’t worry about anyone else, I just be me, real and authentic.

Reply privately

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

"Not disputing that and glad you brought it up actually. Would you agree that fab could do more to review people by their actions over there gender? Being able to block all of any gender should be a choice of sexual preference not because a few ruin the experience for all? Why have 100's of messages from sub class HUMANS. When you could have the chance to receive from only those rated by those who've actually spoken/ met with and have earned their right by not being pieces of s**t to talk on a level not predefined by the likelyhood of their ignorance by association? "

And the award for todays trash single guys goes tooooo...

I've not read all of the thread, so far op you've called single guys garbage and pieces of sh*t.. I think in your version of fab you'd be banned.

Fab provides tools, message filters the block button and a report feature, people use them at their discretion and for different reasons

Its not only singpe guys, any gender or demographics can be abusive,

True story.. only abuse I've had came from a single female.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Someone's got to make amends for the fact that half our species is semi-brain dead can't stand the fact that this sites biggest complaint is the single males on it! Would rather speak up than sit here and read status after status about how rude; desperate, idiotic, vile, stupid, etc etc etc. You can pretend its not your problem all you like but that makes you part of it "
. If it doesn’t apply to you then you’re actually not part of the problem.

Reply privately

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Can you define ridiculousness, stupid and ignorant? It becomes subjective and then you are in dangerous territory. For example some may find your opening post stupid and patronising does that mean you should be thrown off Fab. Hey one less single guy we wouldn't notice after all?

Reply privately

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

In all the years of being on here we have hardly had any abusive messages...they do happen but it's very rare so we see no need to change anything.

Reply privately

By *ilfCrumpet9Man
over a year ago

Wirral

"Good evening, as a single male on this site is like to apologies to the woman, couples and ts/tv's on this site that have had to endure the endless bombardment of ignorance and stupidity executed by the minority(understatment I know) of single males on fab. After seeing the sheer amount of profiles that block us(single males) and the staggering amount of complaints. Id like to think it's not a majority who act like this and that more can be done to stop all of us nice, polite and fun blokes being vilified for stupidity we'd rather not be labeled under:/ it makes the site a bore and such an obstacle course to actually want to bother being here if they won't change then surely something can help thin the heard of vile Twats that seem to ruin what should be a great experience for all! maybe not but it's a nice thought all the same"

Reply privately

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Bugger I’ve ended up back at the bowling alley again. Anyone have a sure fire way to turn off the virtue signal? It’s interfering with my sat-nav

Reply privately

By *rs mischiefWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"Lol this all makes me laugh, the lads that are dickheads actually make it easier for us, it's like everything if you put the effort in you will get the rewards. Op I think you should chill out about other people and look after yourself. In the words of Mr kipling all good things come to those that wait"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bugger I’ve ended up back at the bowling alley again. Anyone have a sure fire way to turn off the virtue signal? It’s interfering with my sat-nav "

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I bet OPs inbox will be full of women begging for him to protect them in exchange for sex

Reply privately

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"Beware of virtue which a man boasts is his"

Quote for all the virtuous

Reply privately

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

The site gives us all tools to tailor the experience to our liking...it's up to everyone whether they use them or not.

Personally I've never had a problem with this, I can count on one hand the number of unpleasant messages from men I've had during my many years here. It's easily ignored. I've had far more unpleasantness directed my way from women...are you going to apologise on their behalf too OP?

As others have said, it's people, and people are just shitty to other people at times.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I've had far more unpleasantness directed my way from women...are you going to apologise on their behalf too OP?

As others have said, it's people, and people are just shitty to other people at times. "

These unpleasant women are they still around asking for a friend

Reply privately

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

"Someone's got to make amends for the fact that half our species is semi-brain dead can't stand the fact that this sites biggest complaint is the single males on it! Would rather speak up than sit here and read status after status about how rude; desperate, idiotic, vile, stupid, etc etc etc. You can pretend its not your problem all you like but that makes you part of it "

Hello OP,thank you for nominating yourself as my spokesman but, it's really not necessary as I have nothing to apologize for.

Also, I'm guessing that you don't have have any official figures to support your claimed about half of the entire species of humans are brain dead.

As men on Fab easily out number any other category of Fab user, then it's quite reasonable to expect that the number of complaints against them is the highest; maybe you can provide figures as to what this number is pro-rata?

From my 12 years on Fab, I've seen bad behavior from across the spectrum of Fab users. For me, the value of this thread is that it serves as a reminder to all that there is a code of conduct on Fab that should be adhered to and that bad behaviour in any Fab category of user can negatively impact others in that category.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

A nice thought but you've not said (in this post at least, can't be arsed to read it all) what fab can do. Its down to users to use site tools such as block and report etc to manage the dick heads of all genders and sexualities.

The nice guys shine through.

Reply privately

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

I get the sentiment but that's why theirs a block button. I'm sure most have had the odd creepy or abusive message? Majority of guys on here are genuine and lovely.

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"I don't think this thread is going how the op thought it would"

It's going exactly how I thought it would

Reply privately

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I was going to put on my clown costume on today…now I would just feel ridiculous (blows nose in a sad way to a tragically humorous “honk”)

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do not block single males from messaging, I've been on here for nearly a year and never ever got an abusive message. They're mostly quite pleasant, I mean some of them have some eye watering requests, but that's what the delete and block button is for.

I don't have a problem with anyone on here, no one has ever been nasty.

Reply privately

By *1c4yMan
over a year ago

stourbridge

Exactly that ''look at me I'm the good guy, shag me ...''

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was going to put on my clown costume on today…now I would just feel ridiculous (blows nose in a sad way to a tragically humorous “honk”) "

I don't like clowns! Beyond terrifying

Reply privately

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

No. Otherwise what else would people talk about on here?

LvM

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do not block single males from messaging, I've been on here for nearly a year and never ever got an abusive message. They're mostly quite pleasant, I mean some of them have some eye watering requests, but that's what the delete and block button is for.

I don't have a problem with anyone on here, no one has ever been nasty. "

(And that message about the butternut squash wasn't even meant for you )

Reply privately

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

"I was going to put on my clown costume on today…now I would just feel ridiculous (blows nose in a sad way to a tragically humorous “honk”)

I don't like clowns! Beyond terrifying "

But are they ridiculous? #askingforthegreatergood

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do any of those types with the ranty complaining status updates bring such issues on themselves....... ?

Reply privately

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"We very, very rarely get messages from ignorant and stupid men - you can also add to that, that we've never had an abusive message.

It's great that you've not had an abusive message. Exactly how did I and others choose an experience that involves abusive messages? When women first join the site they get bombarded before they've even figured out which settings will work for them so they can have the experience they want.

"

I meant the whole experience rather than the first few hours . . . .

You can choose to turn off all incoming messages and only message those that you find interesting. It really is as simple as that - so yes, you can control your own experience if you actually want to.

Some will put up with the stupid, ignorant, ridiculous, and abusive, just to have a full inbox - their choice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was going to put on my clown costume on today…now I would just feel ridiculous (blows nose in a sad way to a tragically humorous “honk”)

But are they ridiculous? #askingforthegreatergood"

No, they are not. Creepy ass things they are!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not sure what you mean, you're going to get knobs in all walks of life but very rarely do I feel the need to apologise for their behaviour? My suspicion is a little bit of virtue signalling is going on in the hope of getting a few messages off of damsels in distress... and I think you may have the wrong site for that lol.

Honestly fake profiles is a bigger issue on this site, but to be fair you soon learn to spot them after a while.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can choose to turn off all incoming messages and only message those that you find interesting. It really is as simple as that - so yes, you can control your own experience if you actually want to.

Some will put up with the stupid, ignorant, ridiculous, and abusive, just to have a full inbox - their choice.

"

I love the way you turn the stupid, ignorant, ridiculous and abusive messages into the fault of the person who receives them. So if I'd like to hear from people and join in the forum, it must mean I am narcissistic?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I understand your point but I think you missed the mine? Not a judgement of course but this was intended as an opening for discussion on the point. Hence the question in the title, I'm not saying ban single males. Otherwise I'd just leave as I'm one myself? Seems rather redundant to suggest? However I'd like to think there could be more moderation on accounts that repeatedly act like they deserve anything from anyone. You get what you give..and that's a fact act like an asshole and people will start to treat you as such. I try to always be polite, respectful and courteous to whomever I'm messaging fully knowing I probably won't even get a response because I'm a single male And I'm just bored of seeing accounts that excite me. Just to find that they don't wanna hear from single males. Now I've not read the same things about single females. Nor couples to add to that point. Not saying it doesn't happen but I think you get my point."

I've not read any posts after this, so if I'm repeating what another has wrote - sorry ...

You wrote moderating!

Are you sensing that admin could do with more support in this field, maybe employ those to do that specific you've mentioned perhaps?

Reply privately

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Not sure I'd feel the need to apologise for the idiots on here.

It's the idiots who help make the decent ones stand out. Fab has the block & report buttons to out the undesirables. It's not just single makes either. Some of the women & couples can be just as bad.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Is there an algorithm for stupid?

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Anyone on the site can be rude, inconsiderate and insulting. No surprise the largest number of these people are men as they constitute the biggest demographic on here.

No one should have to apologise for the behaviour of others, especially if yours has been proper.

I've always regarded this fab reality as an advantage. It permits the good ones to stand out far more effectively. Certainly worked for me

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I find blocking new profiles; profiles with no photos and using age filters helps to reduce messages, so I can cope with my inbox.

I don't expect an essay from men when they contact me-a hi how are you is enough to initiate a conversation if their profile interests me.

Rarely do I get overly sexual messages and when I do it's because of something sexual I put as my status.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

But are they ridiculous? #askingforthegreatergood

No, they are not. Creepy ass things they are!"

Wuss

Reply privately

By *LiamMan
over a year ago

Midlands

it's definitely not my problem at all, maybe concentrate on yourself then what others are doing. I've met many women off fab and not one of them can tell you that I'm part of that problem

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We would never think of apologising for other people…we aren’t in control of them or their actions.

We just concentrate on making sure we get the best experience out of FAB and don’t worry about the people who aren’t going to enhance that.

We’d also rather let others decide how we are instead of telling people we are worthy people to meet/chat.

K

Reply privately

over a year ago

" ....I'd like to think there could be more moderation on accounts that repeatedly act like they deserve anything from anyone. You get what you give..

....I'm just bored of seeing accounts that excite me. Just to find that they don't wanna hear from single males..."

Have you actually read your own post OP?

Mr

Reply privately

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Do they mean me, I can be a bit of a dick head to be honest, but I have never, I repeat never offered to smash a strangers back doors in and breed them till their eyes bleed despite the fact that I wouldn’t touch them with yours.

Well when I say never I mean not today anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly that ''look at me I'm the good guy, shag me ...'' "

Well he doesn't need to - he has a avatar pic at least to look at

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there an algorithm for stupid?"

Reply privately

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I love the way you turn the stupid, ignorant, ridiculous and abusive messages into the fault of the person who receives them. So if I'd like to hear from people and join in the forum, it must mean I am narcissistic? "

It's absolutely not the fault of the receiver, I love the way you twist my words to imply that, but the receiver has a choice to continue to receive said messages, or choose not to.

We, and many others on this thread don't get messages from the stupid, ignorant men that the OP describes, so for us it's not a problem, I'm just saying that if it were, it's a problem easily solved.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do they mean me, I can be a bit of a dick head to be honest, but I have never, I repeat never offered to smash a strangers back doors in and breed them till their eyes bleed despite the fact that I wouldn’t touch them with yours.

Well when I say never I mean not today anyway "

*copy and pastes*

Reply privately

over a year ago

" ....I'd like to think there could be more moderation on accounts that repeatedly act like they deserve anything from anyone. You get what you give..

....I'm just bored of seeing accounts that excite me. Just to find that they don't wanna hear from single males...

Have you actually read your own post OP?

Mr"

Ahhhh well spotted!!

It's Fab's fault for displaying sex adverts of people who won't fuck everyone who looks at their profile and gets horny. Naughty Fab, naughty hard on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your apology is appreciated as is the thought behind it. However, this sort of behaviour is not limited to Fab. The ownership of the problem lies with the individuals who have yet to evolve to a higher level. I appreciate the frustration you feel in that you are stymied by these cave men types putting women off. But I tend to take each person as I find them, based on their first message and their profile. Other quality people will no doubt do the same. So fear not - the troglodytes have not put us all off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being stupid or ridiculous is not an offence, you cannot ask for someone to be banned because you think that they are not at your level.

What comes next? Being banned for being fat or bald?

The site has rules for being rude or harassing other members, which is great for all of us.

You mean something like a Fab Police Patrol?

"Single male, hands behind your head! You've been found guilty for not fitting in our IQ standards, you're banned!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Completely agree love this site but it’s such hard work thanks to fucking idiots

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Being stupid or ridiculous is not an offence, you cannot ask for someone to be banned because you think that they are not at your level.

The site has rules for being rude or harassing other members, which is great for all of us.

"Single male, hands behind your head! You've been found guilty for not fitting in our IQ standards, you're banned!" "

That made my minge twinge! Man, hands behind his head, naked and at my mercy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As a newcomer, what has struck me is that some males on here have completely lost sight of what constitutes normal and acceptable behaviour. I received an initial message from someone last night, asking if I’d be interested in (I’m not allowed to say the word on here, but sex against my will) role-play. No hello, nothing! This is unacceptable. If I were interested in this, it would be as part of a trusted relationship. But with a stranger, definitely not.

They forget that there’s another person with feelings on the receiving end.

"

Reply privately

By *ister-mischiefMan
over a year ago

Trafford

Its a swinging site not a sex site and the sooner the idiots , be it male, female or couples realise this the better but people will just act in the way they do.

Some will get abusive messages some wont, some people join fab having zero idea how the swinging community works and get the thrill of being abusive or nasty as a past time of theirs.

Its just how the world of fab is.

Reply privately

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

Fucking priceless!!

OP, while taking on this valiant cause most don't give a fuck about all you've done is made sure that success rate of yours stays so low that even tinder would not let you join. ?This is a such a non issue it makes me wonder whether some of the male species have lost their balls as well as an inability to take rejection on any level.

Fab.com doesn't need to change. When joining this site it should be obvious, as it was to me the following

1. Worst, most convoluted, shambles, un-user friendly platform ive ever seen.

2 Single straight male, bi not so much, numbers against those seeking said single straight males is so slanted if I just want to date or heaven forbid get laid, I better dig in and get used to long periods of solitude

2. site is geared towards swingers. In order of rank, with most important first this is the pecking order..

Couples (every combination)

Women (single or otherwise)

Site admin (see above)

The reception dude that answers the phone when you call fab.com HQ

The lady that goes around fab.com HQ delivering sandwiches and tea and biscuits.

Single bi men

Dave who works nighttime security at fab.com HQ

The guy that come to empty the tampon bin and restock the tampon machine in all the ladies toilets at fab.com HQ

Then....its us. Single males.

In spite of all that, which I realised after a few days of joining I navigate these things to ultimately make it worth my while being a member. If I get blocked, it doesn't register with me, its only personal if you make it so. If my success rate some weeks is so low I'm in minus territory I don't throw a hissy fit.....because I know the gig, and I get what I need from it at the end!!!. Why your still on here and not reactivating your pof.com, happn, tinder, or girlsdateforfree.com profile (other good ones available) is one of life mysteries.

and if it was a game plan to get more views and ingratiate yourself with the other groups I would have thought being whiney and oblivious to what goes on here more of a turn off to women and not a catch.

Tryng to make stand and bring an end to the oppression and vilification of the good men on here.....please!!We have a ridiculous number of sites and apps geared towards us and that we (ie you,not me and most) feel the need to join this one and expect the same payback and whine when we don't, should help you answer any of yours questions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its a swinging site not a sex site and the sooner the idiots , be it male, female or couples realise this the better but people will just act in the way they do.

Some will get abusive messages some wont, some people join fab having zero idea how the swinging community works and get the thrill of being abusive or nasty as a past time of theirs.

"

Don't swingers have sex then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chancer666 you forgot about Steve who walks his dog with his wife Sue who are not into swinging before single males

Reply privately

By *ister-mischiefMan
over a year ago

Trafford

"Its a swinging site not a sex site and the sooner the idiots , be it male, female or couples realise this the better but people will just act in the way they do.

Don't swingers have sex then? "

Never said the dont, but swinging its completely different for alot of people...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never said the dont, but swinging its completely different for alot of people..."

You're surely not suggesting that the proper swingers aren't capable of being ridiculous

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Being stupid or ridiculous is not an offence, you cannot ask for someone to be banned because you think that they are not at your level.

"Single male, hands behind your head! You've been found guilty for not fitting in our IQ standards, you're banned!"

That made my minge twinge! Man, hands behind his head, naked and at my mercy. "

That's a nice fantasy, unfortunately not achievable.

You can anytime have a male in that position, but you'll never be able to see a man that way.

Reply privately

By *ister-mischiefMan
over a year ago

Trafford

Never said the dont, but swinging its completely different for alot of people...

You're surely not suggesting that the proper swingers aren't capable of being ridiculous "

No not at all I've seen it in clubs too so its not like its just banded to a few but I would say the majority are not although not all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good evening, as a single male on this site is like to apologies to the woman, couples and ts/tv's on this site that have had to endure the endless bombardment of ignorance and stupidity executed by the minority(understatment I know) of single males on fab. After seeing the sheer amount of profiles that block us(single males) and the staggering amount of complaints. Id like to think it's not a majority who act like this and that more can be done to stop all of us nice, polite and fun blokes being vilified for stupidity we'd rather not be labeled under:/ it makes the site a bore and such an obstacle course to actually want to bother being here if they won't change then surely something can help thin the heard of vile Twats that seem to ruin what should be a great experience for all! maybe not but it's a nice thought all the same

Fucking priceless!!

OP, while taking on this valiant cause most don't give a fuck about all you've done is made sure that success rate of yours stays so low that even tinder would not let you join. ?This is a such a non issue it makes me wonder whether some of the male species have lost their balls as well as an inability to take rejection on any level.

Fab.com doesn't need to change. When joining this site it should be obvious, as it was to me the following

2 Single straight male, bi not so much, numbers against those seeking said single straight males is so slanted if I just want to date or heaven forbid get laid, I better dig in and get used to long periods of solitude

2. site is geared towards swingers. In order of rank, with most important first this is the pecking order..

Site admin (see above)

The lady that goes around fab.com HQ delivering sandwiches and tea and biscuits.

Single bi men

The guy that come to empty the tampon bin and restock the tampon machine in all the ladies toilets at fab.com HQ

In spite of all that, which I realised after a few days of joining I navigate these things to ultimately make it worth my while being a member. If I get blocked, it doesn't register with me, its only personal if you make it so. If my success rate some weeks is so low I'm in minus territory I don't throw a hissy fit.....because I know the gig, and I get what I need from it at the end!!!. Why your still on here and not reactivating your pof.com, happn, tinder, or girlsdateforfree.com profile (other good ones available) is one of life mysteries.

and if it was a game plan to get more views and ingratiate yourself with the other groups I would have thought being whiney and oblivious to what goes on here more of a turn off to women and not a catch.

Tryng to make stand and bring an end to the oppression and vilification of the good men on here.....please!!We have a ridiculous number of sites and apps geared towards us and that we (ie you,not me and most) feel the need to join this one and expect the same payback and whine when we don't, should help you answer any of yours questions. "

Oh crikey

The tampon bin guy is pretty cool though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The most brilliant thing about all this is the ability to just disregard and ignore anything and everything you dont like. Let it all pass you by without a mere thought. Simple.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

"The most brilliant thing about all this is the ability to just disregard and ignore anything and everything you dont like. Let it all pass you by without a mere thought. Simple. "

Perfectly stated

Reply privately

By *omblingFreeCouple
over a year ago

The Village, Wales

Self-appointed spokespersons group-shaming others is unlikely to change anything. The OP has fine laudable aims starting this thread but is largely preaching to the converted, sadly. Anybody who cares about these issues will likely comment and those that don't will assume it doesn't apply to them anyway.

Apoligising on behalf of somebody else's mistakes will likely do little to help either. The only way to improve the state of things is to lead by example, not 'call out' (aggressive language that) others or bow to their regressive standards. Apologising for others' crumby behaviour risks entrenching it ("who are YOU to apologise for ME!" etc. etc.) and irritate those of us who do treat others with respect.

Values do not get accepted by ramming them down people's throats by the self-righteous. That is what leads people to embrace other ideologies. That decent behaviour and plain good manners is akin to an ideaology in our so-called liberated times is frankly pathetic but it is what it is. Behave honourably yourself and let others follow. As with so many things in life it is better to show rather than simply tell.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As a newcomer, what has struck me is that some males on here have completely lost sight of what constitutes normal and acceptable behaviour. I received an initial message from someone last night, asking if I’d be interested in (I’m not allowed to say the word on here, but sex against my will) role-play. No hello, nothing! This is unacceptable. If I were interested in this, it would be as part of a trusted relationship. But with a stranger, definitely not.

They forget that there’s another person with feelings on the receiving end.

"

This site highlights the current recent issues with men. The fact women don't feel safe / respected on the streets is echoed on here. Its a fucking disgrace.

Reply privately

By *hancer666Man
over a year ago

Redbourn

Fucking priceless!!

Site admin (see above)

Single bi men

Tryng to make stand and bring an end to the oppression and vilification of the good men on here.....please!!We have a ridiculous number of sites and apps geared towards us and that we (ie you,not me and most) feel the need to join this one and expect the same payback and whine when we don't, should help you answer any of yours questions.

Oh crikey

The tampon bin guy is pretty cool though. "

Forgotten hero's in the workplace!! Ill go and take on one of their causes, on their behalf, must feel oppressed over something

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get of yer high horse and take care of your own house, let others worry about their own.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fucking priceless!!

Site admin (see above)

Single bi men

Oh crikey

The tampon bin guy is pretty cool though.

Forgotten hero's in the workplace!! Ill go and take on one of their causes, on their behalf, must feel oppressed over something "

I'll give you a hand, I'm not offended by work. I'm not so high class.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just read the opening thread.

Sly approach ?? .

Reply privately

over a year ago

bonkers as everyone is individual and whether on here or in other walks of life there will always be someone to fuck shit up for the next person

Move on and stay happy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Although nice effort op. We are always saying men should call out other mens bad behaviour. But not just so it makes you look better, but just to call out their dickishness.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

May I add that there are a lot of single men on here who do extremely well.

The site doesn't change for them to get them more sex.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"It's not about waiting. It's about the things single males say! I encourage females to post on this thread some of the abhorrent and disgusting things absolute pieces of garbage get to say. Facebook would ban you for less! And they're moderation is second rate at best!

"

They wouldn't be able to as it is against site rules.

I don't know about moderation on other sites, but you don't seem to be aware of what goes on on here to be able to make that judgement

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

To the OP, there will always be people who are not nice in mails, be that men, females or couples, it doesn't mean every man, woman or couple are abusive.

Calling people twats is abusive too, wherever it is said

To save you getting mails from men you can use your filters here

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

For your disdain about moderation on this site, I will paste what Admin say they do with reports onto the next post.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Reply privately