Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meeting People With Aspergers.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would you meet somebody who has Aspergers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There are many people on Fab who are on the spectrum, as in life.

Up to you if you use it to identify with or not.

Many Fabbers are just looking for a fun time, so just relax and don’t worry about it.

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

As long as they have big knockers

over a year ago

Yes if I fancied them if not like everyone else no I wouldn't

over a year ago

What do you think it is about your Aspergers that makes you unmeetable? Most people haven't a clue what Aspergers is and only know of stereotypes about autism.

By *iltopbearMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Communication is difficult with NT's

over a year ago

Yes. They are no different to anyone else. We all have a touch of autism/Aspergers within us. I’m deaf, would you not meet me?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/10/21 14:57:15]

By *ocusMan
over a year ago

Cambridge

"As long as they have big knockers"

Ok, that made me laugh. I had visions of Sid James.

By *nigmatic_AngelWoman
over a year ago

The place where fairies live

"Communication is difficult with NT's "

Neuro typical people? X

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I put a big importance on friendship so although it is not a complete barrier, it can make it harder. But I would certainly give it a go if everything eise connects.

over a year ago

"Yes. They are no different to anyone else. We all have a touch of autism/Aspergers within us. I’m deaf, would you not meet me?"

But they are different? Someone with Aspergers is neuro-diverse. And it's a myth that we all have a touch of autism. What is true is that many of us may have a characteristic that is often associated with autism/Aspergers. Totally different. This is what I meant about most people not know a thing about aspergers.

over a year ago

I’m on the spectrum so obviously I’d have no issues meeting someone similar but the problem I come up against is that the vast majority of people want “good craic”, “banter”, easy flowing conversations and that is very difficult for someone like me.

over a year ago

Yes, we are all human beings with supposedly a caring soul. So as long as they like to do what they like and it meets with my likes, then it’s all good. NSA fun is what it’s all about with like minded peeps.

By *iltopbearMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Communication is difficult with NT's

Neuro typical people? X"

Yes

over a year ago

I have Aspergers and I have been discriminated against so many times. I have been called dumb because I don't always pick up on facial cues or gestures.

Some people, on the spectrum, just need a small point in the right direction. Hey, do this.

But many people get ****** *** because they're not getting what they want and they're expecting it to happen smoothly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sex a learning curve all the time until you get accustomed to the person's enjoyment and techniques?

over a year ago

If they mentioned it as some kind of issue for them/ they made a point of apologising about it then no I wouldn't meet them.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"What do you think it is about your Aspergers that makes you unmeetable? Most people haven't a clue what Aspergers is and only know of stereotypes about autism. "

I'd agree with this post but I'd still hesitate.

The very fact that they have aspergers means that I might expect behaviours that I can't discern at all or I might expect behaviours that are not what I'd want to experience on a meet or that I might not understand in a sex situation on a one to one in a bedroom somewhere in Britain.

Always act on the cautious side until you know someone well enough to trust them. Aspergers or not.

No good anyone with aspergers or anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone with aspergers getting sensitive about anyone keeping themselves safe.

I know people with aspergers. They are all different. I take them on as individuals.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

One of my FWBs I am almost certain is in the spectrum. Makes me want him even more

I am married to someone with Asperger’s. It is very challenging, but also lovely at times.

over a year ago

"What do you think it is about your Aspergers that makes you unmeetable? Most people haven't a clue what Aspergers is and only know of stereotypes about autism.

The very fact that they have aspergers means that I might expect behaviours that I can't discern at all or I might expect behaviours that are not what I'd want to experience on a meet or that I might not understand in a sex situation on a one to one in a bedroom somewhere in Britain.

Always act on the cautious side until you know someone well enough to trust them. Aspergers or not.

No good anyone with aspergers or anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone with aspergers getting sensitive about anyone keeping themselves safe.

I know people with aspergers. They are all different. I take them on as individuals."

I've probably made myself sound like a complete virgin numpty.

By *oung GunnerMan
over a year ago

Cleckheaton

I know that very feeling , it’s extremely hard, including knowing when people are joking or not , especially when you can’t see a facial expression, I don’t like knowing that I have Aspergers as it’s a hidden disability, everyone I know doesn’t think I have which is great. I just carry on with life as normal and don’t think about it

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"What do you think it is about your Aspergers that makes you unmeetable? Most people haven't a clue what Aspergers is and only know of stereotypes about autism.

I know people with aspergers. They are all different. I take them on as individuals."

Not to me. I thought you made very relevant points and you have first hand experience.

over a year ago

"I have Aspergers and I have been discriminated against so many times. I have been called dumb because I don't always pick up on facial cues or gestures.

Some people, on the spectrum, just need a small point in the right direction. Hey, do this.

But many people get ****** *** because they're not getting what they want and they're expecting it to happen smoothly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sex a learning curve all the time until you get accustomed to the person's enjoyment and techniques? "

It can be a learning curve but it depends on what people are looking for. You just might not be compatible.

How have you been discriminated against?

over a year ago

Hi OP

I'm on the Septrum and met a man on here who is NT and he loves me and we are getting married in the spring so yes people will meet you.

I know it's difficult and yes there's no denying people discriminate has happened to me many times however it's only as much ever barrier as you allow it to be.

over a year ago

"I know that very feeling , it’s extremely hard, including knowing when people are joking or not , especially when you can’t see a facial expression, I don’t like knowing that I have Aspergers as it’s a hidden disability, everyone I know doesn’t think I have which is great. I just carry on with life as normal and don’t think about it "

My goodness communication when you can't see someone's face is almost impossible and I often end up seeing things particularly on the forum very differently to most others and it has got me in trouble occasionally but I just carry on being me.

over a year ago

I know people with aspergers. They are all different. I take them on as individuals.

I've probably made myself sound like a complete virgin numpty."

No you haven't.

over a year ago

"I have Aspergers and I have been discriminated against so many times. I have been called dumb because I don't always pick up on facial cues or gestures.

But many people get ****** *** because they're not getting what they want and they're expecting it to happen smoothly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't sex a learning curve all the time until you get accustomed to the person's enjoyment and techniques?

It can be a learning curve but it depends on what people are looking for. You just might not be compatible.

How have you been discriminated against?"

I have been called dumb because I don't always pick up on facial cues or gestures.

over a year ago

I have been called dumb because I don't always pick up on facial cues or gestures."

Ignore them. If they are so rude to call you dumb they're clearly pretty shit themselves. X

over a year ago

"I know that very feeling , it’s extremely hard, including knowing when people are joking or not , especially when you can’t see a facial expression, I don’t like knowing that I have Aspergers as it’s a hidden disability, everyone I know doesn’t think I have which is great. I just carry on with life as normal and don’t think about it

My goodness communication when you can't see someone's face is almost impossible and I often end up seeing things particularly on the forum very differently to most others and it has got me in trouble occasionally but I just carry on being me. "

And omg Spring!!

By *iltopbearMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"

My goodness communication when you can't see someone's face is almost impossible and I often end up seeing things particularly on the forum very differently to most others and it has got me in trouble occasionally but I just carry on being me. "

The forums can be particularly difficult to navigate.

It can become the visual equivalent of white noise.

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I am on the spectrum (I don't use the term the OP has and it's no longer used as a clinical diagnosis due to the problematic nature of Hans Asperger's work).

I've had no problems with meeting people, I'm open about my diagnosis now but for a long time I wasn't. Yes most of my friends are ND, but I'm married to a NT man.

(Incidentally a large number of people on the BDSM scene are ND far higher than the population average)

over a year ago

I don't think I should have posted this.

over a year ago

I have been called dumb because I don't always pick up on facial cues or gestures."

Tell me about it! I really don't understand sarcasm unless I know the person well so can cause issues especially on the forums.

over a year ago

"I don't think I should have posted this. "

You absolutely should have posted this and there is a lot of support, don't panic and don't over think it and don't panic. You have have a place on the forums just like everybody else.

over a year ago

"I know that very feeling , it’s extremely hard, including knowing when people are joking or not , especially when you can’t see a facial expression, I don’t like knowing that I have Aspergers as it’s a hidden disability, everyone I know doesn’t think I have which is great. I just carry on with life as normal and don’t think about it

My goodness communication when you can't see someone's face is almost impossible and I often end up seeing things particularly on the forum very differently to most others and it has got me in trouble occasionally but I just carry on being me.

And omg Spring!! "

Yep all booked and ready to go.

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Why do you think that?

Quite a few of us have said that we are on the spectrum and that we are able to get meets.

I'm not able to offer much in the way of advice. I try not to mask but as someone diagnosed as an adult masking is second nature to me.

I do only meet with people that I've clicked with, that I've found easy to talk to (generally via message or text, I don't do phone calls).

If I know I'm struggling or am closer to meltdown I may postpone a meet or not head to a club to ensure i don't push myself too mush.

over a year ago

I’m glad you did, the best way to become a welcomed part of a greater society is to raise the profile of AS and conversations like this help so much

By *iltopbearMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"I don't think I should have posted this.

I’m glad you did, the best way to become a welcomed part of a greater society is to raise the profile of AS and conversations like this help so much "

Hopefully some will take the time to do a bit of research to try and understand.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

I know a guy who has aspergers he is lovely,funny, and very intelligent. I like a person for who they are!

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Hey OP I have a veritable plethora of spectrum super powers and I do ok.

I learnt to be me and people like my up front honesty.

I had to get out there and test myself a few times before I got my confidence to be myself.

over a year ago

If we click, we click, that's enough.

over a year ago

My best friend is on the spectrum. He never has any problem getting meets on here. He does however have problems in real life due to his social awkwardness and inability to read faces and social cues.

over a year ago

"Yes. They are no different to anyone else. We all have a touch of autism/Aspergers within us. I’m deaf, would you not meet me?"

No they don't, it's a common misunderstanding.

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"What do you think it is about your Aspergers that makes you unmeetable? Most people haven't a clue what Aspergers is and only know of stereotypes about autism. "

over a year ago

"Would you meet somebody who has Aspergers? "

If I found them attractive, yes.

I was with someone who has aspergers for 18 years.

over a year ago

"

So much this.

On the whole people are well meaning but it drives me nuts when I do tell people and may say "I'd never have known you seem so normal)

By *iltopbearMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"

On the whole people are well meaning but it drives me nuts when I do tell people and may say "I'd never have known you seem so normal) "

Or..... they stare at you not understanding what you're trying to say, then just walk away under their assumption that you're just crazy.

over a year ago

I'm not on the autistic spectrum so I hope I haven't trod on toes by saying things. I don't know first hand what it's like. But I have a nearly adult son and two other kids diagnosed with Aspergers. They're all utterly different and utterly brilliant and for all the things that make life difficult there are things that are wonderful and unique.

I am frustrated by how little the general public know about ASD and the myths are quite ridiculous. If it were me writing a profile or messages, I would explain what things are hard for ME and say why. I wouldn't make a big deal of it or god forbid apologise. Just an FYI. "I'm not great at xxx because xxx". I have met and played with men on the spectrum and a few friends have Aspergers. Im lucky to know them. Usual caveats - I have criteria like anyone else.

over a year ago

"

On the whole people are well meaning but it drives me nuts when I do tell people and may say "I'd never have known you seem so normal)

Or..... they stare at you not understanding what you're trying to say, then just walk away under their assumption that you're just crazy."

Oh yes the whole you haven't reacted in a way I was expecting so you must be crazy.

By *iltopbearMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Hidden disability is more common than people think, but how long will it take before its accepted?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

It's not affected us, having ASD to factor in (as well as other things).

over a year ago

"Hidden disability is more common than people think, but how long will it take before its accepted? "

70% of all disability in the UK is "hidden" I actually don't like the term hidden I prefer less obvious.

By *oung GunnerMan
over a year ago

Cleckheaton

Please could you explain more ?

over a year ago

Please could you explain more ? "

What would you like explaining?

over a year ago

"I am on the spectrum (I don't use the term the OP has and it's no longer used as a clinical diagnosis due to the problematic nature of Hans Asperger's work).

I've had no problems with meeting people, I'm open about my diagnosis now but for a long time I wasn't. Yes most of my friends are ND, but I'm married to a NT man.

(Incidentally a large number of people on the BDSM scene are ND far higher than the population average) "

Yes I have observed that myself in the BDSM scene. I have met several guys from Fab who I recognised were on the spectrum. I think online “dating” is easier for people to make connections if they find face to face meetings with strangers a trial.

over a year ago

You absolutely should have posted this and there is a lot of support, don't panic and don't over think it and don't panic. You have have a place on the forums just like everybody else. "

over a year ago

"I am on the spectrum (I don't use the term the OP has and it's no longer used as a clinical diagnosis due to the problematic nature of Hans Asperger's work).

(Incidentally a large number of people on the BDSM scene are ND far higher than the population average)

Yes I have observed that myself in the BDSM scene. I have met several guys from Fab who I recognised were on the spectrum. I think online “dating” is easier for people to make connections if they find face to face meetings with strangers a trial."

This is true. Non Neuro typicals do well until it's time to meet face to face.

over a year ago

You absolutely should have posted this and there is a lot of support, don't panic and don't over think it and don't panic. You have have a place on the forums just like everybody else.

"

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

over a year ago

Of course

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

yes the question would be would they meet us?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yep. Sod the idea that ND people can't function face to face, are incapable of socially interacting, *insert years of awful, belittling stereotyping*. It might mean that you explain certain things and do you know something? Not once has it been an issue. In fact, people are quite accommodating, happy to meet me.

(Obviously people are entitled to meet who they wish and that's never in question)

over a year ago

North West

"Yep. Sod the idea that ND people can't function face to face, are incapable of socially interacting, *insert years of awful, belittling stereotyping*. It might mean that you explain certain things and do you know something? Not once has it been an issue. In fact, people are quite accommodating, happy to meet me.

(Obviously people are entitled to meet who they wish and that's never in question)"

We'd meet ya *kissy face emoji*

over a year ago

So much this.

On the whole people are well meaning but it drives me nuts when I do tell people and may say "I'd never have known you seem so normal) "

This is why I wouldn't meet someone who made a point of mentioning it. I say stupid shit all the time, I have a piss take sense of humour. I'd most probably offend the person and then dig an even deeper hole trying to apologise.

It's my problem, not theirs. They'd be much better off not meeting me.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yeah I would. There was a lady on here ages ago who was just so cool. I wish I’d met her.

By *oung GunnerMan
over a year ago

Cleckheaton

What would you like explaining?"

What your comment ment ?

over a year ago

I have met a few people from here on the Autistic spectrum. Talked to a load more but they vanished off the site.

over a year ago

Id prefer it. They are more likely to understand me better then. Human being is a human being.

over a year ago

(Incidentally a large number of people on the BDSM scene are ND far higher than the population average) "

I 100% agree with your last paragraph.

By *_and_J2021Couple
over a year ago

Swindon

Don’t see why not. I bet 80% of people wouldn’t know if someone had it or not. Xx

By *hubby CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Essex

We think it would be really shallow of us if we did…it doesn’t really matter to us personally…everybody is different and unique in their own little way.

over a year ago

What would you like explaining?

What your comment ment ? "

I don't think I can explain any further. I seem to see things things differently to many others is what I ment. And when you can't see someone's facial expression ob body language it is difficult to know the intent of the comment.

over a year ago

I only stick by one rule when meeting people. Does their shit go with my shit? (shit = stuff, foybles, idiosyncrasy's)

I found it a load more easier and less stress thinking like that really.

over a year ago

and am partially sighted so would that put a man off to meet me if i told him before our meet.

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"I only stick by one rule when meeting people. Does their shit go with my shit? (shit = stuff, foybles, idiosyncrasy's)

I found it a load more easier and less stress thinking like that really. "

over a year ago

"Yes. They are no different to anyone else. We all have a touch of autism/Aspergers within us. I’m deaf, would you not meet me? and am partially sighted so would that put a man off to meet me if i told him before our meet. "

I'd find it a plus! 'Oh thank fuck'

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

It's just part of me. It's something that makes things difficult sometimes granted. It's only in recent years I've come to understand there's a reason why I am how I am. Maybe it's not much of a thing because I've lived most of my life it not being a thing. But I am just me, it's part of me and I wouldn't change who I am. Clearly we have absolutely no problem with people on the spectrum (and maybe a little more understanding). I must say it really helps Mrs Misfit understands me and can see when I'm struggling. In my experience most people don't have a problem. Most people don't have a cue, they just think I'm a little odd at times. Odd is OK with me and many others. If someone had a problem with it or me they're not for me, which 100% works for me. Just be yourself and live your best life.

By *oung GunnerMan
over a year ago

Cleckheaton

Would any ladies like to chat at all ?

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"I’m on the spectrum so obviously I’d have no issues meeting someone similar but the problem I come up against is that the vast majority of people want “good craic”, “banter”, easy flowing conversations and that is very difficult for someone like me."

This. Completely resonate with that statement. Listening to neurotypicals go through the "Hello. Hello. How are you ? I'm fine. How are you ? I'm fine" routine puzzles the heck out of me.

I'm there listening in and thinking to myself, "George has opened with a classic, non-threatening gambit. Fred has a number of options here. He can retort with a "I'm alright, and you?" play and keep it safe, or he can tip the scales with "Flipping knackered, mate", and exhort a sympathetic response from George.”

Fred goes for the "knackered mate" strategy and now he's in control of the field, closing off George's options and reducing them to either an empathic "Aw, sorry to hear that, Fred" or a "I know the feeling, fella". What does George do ? It's all riding on his response and this is nail-biting stuff. Oh my word...George pulls a blinder of a move, "Let's go for a pint". Well played sir, well played. Completely seizes the self-pity narrative from Fred, but soothes the treacherous manoeuvre with an olive branch of a mutual pint, and Fred falls for it hook, line and sinker.

Then they turn to me and ask "Do you want a pint?" and the whole conversation they just had goes through my head in the flash of an eye, including the expected responses, and I say "Only 1% of a fart actually smells. The other 99% is compromised of nitrogen, hydrogen, methane, carbon dioxide and oxygen. All of which have no odour. It's when the sulphur in the foods we eat (dairy produce, many brassic vegetables) comes out do we smell the fart itself", and they look at me like I'm weird or something.

over a year ago

North West

"I’m on the spectrum so obviously I’d have no issues meeting someone similar but the problem I come up against is that the vast majority of people want “good craic”, “banter”, easy flowing conversations and that is very difficult for someone like me.

This. Completely resonate with that statement. Listening to neurotypicals go through the "Hello. Hello. How are you ? I'm fine. How are you ? I'm fine" routine puzzles the heck out of me.

I'm there listening in and thinking to myself, "George has opened with a classic, non-threatening gambit. Fred has a number of options here. He can retort with a "I'm alright, and you?" play and keep it safe, or he can tip the scales with "Flipping knackered, mate", and exhort a sympathetic response from George.”

Fred goes for the "knackered mate" strategy and now he's in control of the field, closing off George's options and reducing them to either an empathic "Aw, sorry to hear that, Fred" or a "I know the feeling, fella". What does George do ? It's all riding on his response and this is nail-biting stuff. Oh my word...George pulls a blinder of a move, "Let's go for a pint". Well played sir, well played. Completely seizes the self-pity narrative from Fred, but soothes the treacherous manoeuvre with an olive branch of a mutual pint, and Fred falls for it hook, line and sinker.

Then they turn to me and ask "Do you want a pint?" and the whole conversation they just had goes through my head in the flash of an eye, including the expected responses, and I say "Only 1% of a fart actually smells. The other 99% is compromised of nitrogen, hydrogen, methane, carbon dioxide and oxygen. All of which have no odour. It's when the sulphur in the foods we eat (dairy produce, many brassic vegetables) comes out do we smell the fart itself", and they look at me like I'm weird or something.

"

I'm sorry but this made me giggle, purely because this is exactly what I think a facsimile of Mr KC's brain would be. Except substitute the fart bit for some facts on astrophysics or English Civil War.

Am I weird that I don't find it at all weird?!

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 13/10/21 00:00:19]

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"

I'm sorry but this made me giggle, purely because this is exactly what I think a facsimile of Mr KC's brain would be. Except substitute the fart bit for some facts on astrophysics or English Civil War.

Am I weird that I don't find it at all weird?! "

Mr KC sounds awesome as do you for not finding it weird. Mrs DS is very understanding too and usually says "Yes, Dear" (It's a "running joke" between us, and I use it often enough when she has similar outpourings. But she's the balancing extrovert to my introvert, which is why it works )

over a year ago

North West

"

Am I weird that I don't find it at all weird?!

Mr KC sounds awesome as do you for not finding it weird. Mrs DS is very understanding too and usually says "Yes, Dear" (It's a "running joke" between us, and I use it often enough when she has similar outpourings. But she's the balancing extrovert to my introvert, which is why it works )"

We've been together a long time, since our late teens. We're yin and yang and it works pretty well. We're similar on the introvert/extrovert thing too. And yes, Mr KC is fucking awesome

I'm sure you guys are fucking awesome too!

By *axtanMan
over a year ago

los Cristianos now

Personally I like asparagus!!

By *axtanMan
over a year ago

los Cristianos now

Would you meet a man on a sex site who takes pictures(sexy?) with black socks on?

Really what next - racism?

By *hesecretdocMan
over a year ago

Lancashire

Loving this thread and the love being shown to us neurodivergents!!

Thanks x

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I’m on the spectrum so obviously I’d have no issues meeting someone similar but the problem I come up against is that the vast majority of people want “good craic”, “banter”, easy flowing conversations and that is very difficult for someone like me.

"

This. is. pure. brilliance

By *iltopbearMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

"

Perfectly put, replace Fart with my interests and the conversation flows in the same way.

I'm NOT weird, my brain is wired differently

By *oung GunnerMan
over a year ago

Cleckheaton

"Yes. They are no different to anyone else. We all have a touch of autism/Aspergers within us. I’m deaf, would you not meet me? and am partially sighted so would that put a man off to meet me if i told him before our meet. "

It shouldn’t , everyone deserves fun in life , but it’s what’s inside that matters most x

over a year ago

"

I love this. This is how my brain works also.

Post new Message to Thread