FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What occupation constitutes you as a professional on Fab?

Jump to newest

By *agpie and Raven OP   Man
over a year ago

Leicester

On profiles where they state they are professionals, what constitutes you as being a professional?

Does a professional need specific, job related qualifications to do their job? If so, what qualifications do professional footballers have?

Does it require a certain skillset to be a professional? If so, is someone who puts up scaffolding a professional?

Why does someone who calls themselves professional need to be more discreet? Can a waste disposal person be open about their Fab activities?

Why can't some professionals show their bodies on their profiles? Do their employers as part of their contract know what they look like naked?

Discuss...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bodie and/or Doyle

over a year ago

Leicester

"Bodie and/or Doyle"

over a year ago

I am told I am a professional tease but I not shour that’s the same thing ha ha

over a year ago

Leicester

"I am told I am a professional tease but I not shour that’s the same thing ha ha "

If you get paid to tease then you're a professional

over a year ago

"I am told I am a professional tease but I not shour that’s the same thing ha ha

If you get paid to tease then you're a professional"

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Oh this again.

By *ogerroger69Man
over a year ago

West Yorks

Pimp

By *ersey GirlCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I do love how wound up people get by one word

R

over a year ago

"Oh this again. "

If you could supply a list of threads that you’d like to see, we can certainly tailor the site to suit you

over a year ago

I'm a professional wanker if that counts

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It makes me laugh

over a year ago

Leicester

"Oh this again. "

To be fair I did a forum search and it's been 16 weeks since the topic was last raised

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's silly, but I just ignore it. It probably doesn't even make my top 50 criteria

over a year ago

Leicester

"I do love how wound up people get by one word

R"

I agree. Bare back and sc*at are words that'll get 'em out with their pitchforks. Well, that's technically three but you get what I mean.

over a year ago

I suppose people that work with the general public or have clients might not want to throw their bodies onto fab but then again why not? We all deserve a private life, and if that private life is posting photos on here - so be it!

Saying that.. Yes, we both deal with the public and clients however we don't deal with them naked or in lingerie (we'd be shown the door).

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Tbh it tends to have the opposite effect to which it was intended to me.

I can live with it on a profile - but when they specifically message mentioning their profession - that they own a company - that they’re wealthy - drive a (insert expensive car here) - or want to take me for an expensive dinner and hotel before we’ve even grabbed a coffee together - I find it an instant turn-off.

At the moment I’m unemployed and job hunting - ergo anyone with any kind of job is currently more of a success than I am!

Maybe I could call myself a professional job hunter?

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Oh this again.

If you could supply a list of threads that you’d like to see, we can certainly tailor the site to suit you "

Nah it’s just it crops up regularly, usually when someone is triggered by profile snobbery.

over a year ago

Most people that work are a "Professional"

"engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime"

It seems to mostly to be used as way to say they are well paid/well off imo

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Most people that work are a "Professional"

"engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime"

It seems to mostly to be used as way to say they are well paid/well off imo"

I think the idea behind it is that it assumes a certain standard of education/intellect.

Obviously it’s a nonsense - but a popular one. Being a good conversationalist is far more important than a chosen profession IMO.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think the idea behind it is that it assumes a certain standard of education/intellect.

Obviously it’s a nonsense - but a popular one. Being a good conversationalist is far more important than a chosen profession IMO. "

It used to be, historically, that there were only a set number of "professions" - in medieval times, the church, medicine, and law. It's expanded and these days doesn't seem to mean a whole lot

over a year ago

Obviously it’s a nonsense - but a popular one. Being a good conversationalist is far more important than a chosen profession IMO. "

I agree, great conversation and being a nice person overall is alot more important to me than your level of education, job, bank balance or social class

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Obviously it’s a nonsense - but a popular one. Being a good conversationalist is far more important than a chosen profession IMO.

It used to be, historically, that there were only a set number of "professions" - in medieval times, the church, medicine, and law. It's expanded and these days doesn't seem to mean a whole lot "

I’m now wondering how many fabbers are in the ‘Church’ profession!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It used to be, historically, that there were only a set number of "professions" - in medieval times, the church, medicine, and law. It's expanded and these days doesn't seem to mean a whole lot

I’m now wondering how many fabbers are in the ‘Church’ profession! "

I'm not sure if that's satisfyingly kinky or brain bleach territory

over a year ago

Its one of those funny words that sound nothing like the way they're written - a bit like Worcestershire. It's pronounced "up my own arse"

Mr

By *imjohnCouple
over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

I’m now wondering how many fabbers are in the ‘Church’ profession! "

We had a group of swingers contact us recently from Christian Swingers...we were amused how they could form such a group as its against all Christian beliefs to fornicate.

over a year ago

Leicester

"We had a group of swingers contact us recently from Christian Swingers...we were amused how they could form such a group as its against all Christian beliefs to fornicate."

Ooooh don't get me started on that subject.

Frank

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Professional by definition is somebody who make 75% of their livelihood (income) from their trade or profession. Used to be also based on the level of income (high earner)

Professional sports person, Professional coach. Lawyers, doctors etc

But it is used in fab as a status sign. As opposed to the chav/wayne/waynetta images.

I am a professional and i have the certificates to prove it. But i don't use it on FAB.

By *ewCoup7eCouple
over a year ago

Fulham

We describe ourselves as professional. By no means is that a status thing… a lot of you are making assumptions here. Professional services , is the industry we are in, which is to say, the output of our work is not a manufactured product, but comes from our “expertise” for example, one of us is a consultant.

The term is broad, so understand the confusion and some may use it as a status “symbol”

For us it just describes our “work” without giving out too much information.

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

If you get paid for doing a job you're a professional, some people are just snobs

By *ewCoup7eCouple
over a year ago

Fulham

Shows more about the people who get “triggered” by it, than about those who use it…

In our humble opinion

By *illingVicMan
over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Outside of fab I’d read it as “somebody in a profession allowed to sign my passport photos”

When my brain is in naughty mode I always read “professional” as “sex worker@

over a year ago

To me, a professional is someone that logs on here while at work , l mean they're getting paid at the same time while here ..that makes them " Professional " doesn't it

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

1. ADJECTIVE [ADJECTIVE noun]

Professional means relating to a person's work, especially work that requires special training.

2. ADJECTIVE [ADJECTIVE noun]

Professional people have jobs that require advanced education or training.

It looks like Scaffolders are Professionals! How do they know where to put those bloody poles?

over a year ago

" Saying that.. Yes, we both deal with the public and clients however we don't deal with them naked or in lingerie (we'd be shown the door)."

It'd certainly make my work life more entertaining if there were hot ladies in lingerie involved

over a year ago

"Outside of fab I’d read it as “somebody in a profession allowed to sign my passport photos”

When my brain is in naughty mode I always read “professional” as “sex worker@ "

It's the oldest profession

By *mma29Couple
over a year ago

wirral

Professional to me means someone who is in a job that requires registration to a professional body like the IBMS etc. I take the profiles that say professional on here with a pinch of salt, they probsbly just have a degree in media studies or something

over a year ago

Professional cocksucker and anal whore

...daren’t put that qualification on my CV...

over a year ago

"Shows more about the people who get “triggered” by it, than about those who use it…

In our humble opinion "

over a year ago

Usually meand you have a qualification in something (engineering) or are paid to do the topic (photography)

I think for a lot of people it means they are employed, reliable and presentable

By *iscreet-is-paramountMan
over a year ago

somewhere only we know.

I always wondered why profiles state they are professional. Fix that got to do with anything? I have plenty of qualifications but I'm still a job head.....

By *iscreet-is-paramountMan
over a year ago

somewhere only we know.

Nob head....see, I told ya. Nice arse by the way !

over a year ago

"Shows more about the people who get “triggered” by it, than about those who use it…

In our humble opinion "

What does it say about people that own their own business providing a "profesional" service on a consultancy basis but wouldn't dream of using the description on Fab?

As to it being a vague but accurate description of a job type, why on earth does a fab profile need this information? Your profile is written to attract the people you want by displaying the bits about yourself that you consider attractive. I kind of understand a mention of discretion though don't believe this requires a job as justification. Aside from this, to simply include that you are "professional" or "a business owner" means that you believe this fact to be a good way of advertising yourself. It's this belief that many find conceited.

Mr

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

I played semi professional sport, does that make me a Semi?

over a year ago

Ez...new van and a website

By *ooking4othersMan
over a year ago

Here ...

If you are on LinkedIn then you are obviously a professional

over a year ago

I thought it meant you had a job or profession that can be effected by the knowledge that you, your loved one or both are swingers??

over a year ago

In our humble opinion "

Agreed, people can put what they like on their profiles... I shouldn't be any business of anyones

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Consultant is another descriptive word that has no real meaning these days.

Consultant usually means you have very specific expert knowledge in your field.

Everyone who has a customer facing role is a Consultant. If you can turn a pc on and off you are an IT Consultant. Everyone who has been made redundant set up in business is a Consultant - (dog walking Consultant). Gardening services Consultant. HR Consultant, PR Consultant

Everyone who works in retail is some kind of Consultant.

So if someone calls themselves Consultant generally take that in the same vanity as professional, they just think it sounds more impressive.

"Professional Consultant" sure that will get all the ladies and quite few gents to drop their pants

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I always interpret it as meaning that they have a decently paid job and are used to a certain standard of living...i.e. they prefer to meet somewhere a little more upmarket than Wetherspoons and would book a Marriott over a Travelodge. I have no problem with it, it's just one of the many ways that people use to describe themselves. And I certainly don't think it deserves the reverse snobbery that it seems to attract.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s not that complicated - professional qualifications/membership of professional body is needed for many roles. If you are a Member, Chartered or Fellow you have to agree to a code of professional ethics

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"I always interpret it as meaning that they have a decently paid job and are used to a certain standard of living...i.e. they prefer to meet somewhere a little more upmarket than Wetherspoons and would book a Marriott over a Travelodge. I have no problem with it, it's just one of the many ways that people use to describe themselves. And I certainly don't think it deserves the reverse snobbery that it seems to attract. "

The context of all these threads really is about the use on FAB really. In some cases it us reverse snobbery. Not that people are or are not professional people.

It is the underlying reason why people feel the need to decribe themselves or advertise the fact on a site like FAB.

If you prefer to use a Marriott rather than TraveLodge, that's personal choice not anything to do with being professional person. If you'd rather meet in upmarket bar or nice restaurant again rather than a Wetherspons personal choice not what you consider personal status. So by saying so that you are simply trying to differentiate themselves.

over a year ago

I love the word “discreet”……

By *onb21Woman
over a year ago

Cardiff

I need a recognised professional for my passport application, please.

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"I need a recognised professional for my passport application, please. "

I could but it is supposed to be someone who knows you, not random or FAB professional

Yes i can sign passports

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

There is a difference between being professional and being a professional.

A street sweeper may do their job professionally but they are not a professional.

If the job customarily requires a bachelor's, master's degree or Ph.D., it's considered a professional job.

Unfortunately I feel that some that use the term professional do so as they believe it signifies a certain lifestyle or standard of behaviour / manners.

That's crap.

These days non professionals can demand greater salaries and to be fair ..... 'professional' is no indicator that they are not bad to the bone.

Those that object to the word professional on profiles are generally on a wind up or feel slighted in some way.

Best to just ignore the 'professional' comment.

Why doesn't anyone put 'dosser' ?

By *tue555Man
over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"There is a difference between being professional and being a professional.

A street sweeper may do their job professionally but they are not a professional.

If the job customarily requires a bachelor's, master's degree or Ph.D., it's considered a professional job.

Unfortunately I feel that some that use the term professional do so as they believe it signifies a certain lifestyle or standard of behaviour / manners.

That's crap.

These days non professionals can demand greater salaries and to be fair ..... 'professional' is no indicator that they are not bad to the bone.

Those that object to the word professional on profiles are generally on a wind up or feel slighted in some way.

Best to just ignore the 'professional' comment.

Why doesn't anyone put 'dosser' ?

"

Has 'dosser' in his profile

Post new Message to Thread