Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Homophobia

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Evening all , where I live Birmingham there has. Been a spate of homophobic attacks in the gay area , why are people so scared of gays that they have to attack someone for being different, I’ve been attacked years ago with a baseball bat for being gay , I don’t think we are any nearer being accepted , I still hear homophobic comments at work even though I am not out there ,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm so sorry

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its bloody disgraceful

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

Sorry to hear that happened to you. *hugs*

At Uni, we tried doing a campaign against homophobia. Sadly, a lot of people's reactions were unbelievably negative. This was 25 years ago and I hope that things have changed.

over a year ago

Sorry that happened to you, you’d think that in 2021 things like that were just things seen in horror films…

Sending big hugs x

over a year ago

Awful, just awful. They’re mindless thugs.

Hugs from me x

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Homophobia- the fear that a gay man will treat you the same way that you treat women.

Frankly it’s disgusting that we’re still having these discussions, it just goes to prove why pride is still needed and how far there still is to go

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Homophobia- the fear that a gay man will treat you the same way that you treat women.

Frankly it’s disgusting that we’re still having these discussions, it just goes to prove why pride is still needed and how far there still is to go"

By *rsTrellisWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Huge hugs. I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m so sorry it’s made you feel bad.

Remember there are more good people than bad people.

over a year ago

Unfortunately it is still very real. Although people are being told via social media etc. to accept those who are different - personally, I often feel that majority are just keeping quiet about their true views while some voicing them and turning to violence. Acceptance is happening, but it is very very slow.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I'm so sorry this happened to you OP!

Sending hugs

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Evening all , where I live Birmingham there has. Been a spate of homophobic attacks in the gay area , why are people so scared of gays that they have to attack someone for being different, I’ve been attacked years ago with a baseball bat for being gay , I don’t think we are any nearer being accepted , I still hear homophobic comments at work even though I am not out there , "

Omg, I know this kind of horrible shit happens to good people, but I can't wrap my head around how ignorant & vile these people must be to think it's ok to do this.

I'm so sorry you have to live in a world where these window licking mouth breathers still waste decent oxygen.

Sending you a big hug, op x x x

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

We're in a better place regarding homophobia and racism than we were say 30 or 40 years ago, but not where we want to be. Many won't know but homosexuality used to be illegal, that was the World people lived in! We think it's partly a generation thing. For example we have homophobic parents, yet our children are not in slightest. By the way, what a great night out in the Gay village

over a year ago

It is incomprehensible and utterly appalling. Very dad that people act with such cowardice and intolerance in this day and age.

over a year ago

"Evening all , where I live Birmingham there has. Been a spate of homophobic attacks in the gay area , why are people so scared of gays that they have to attack someone for being different, I’ve been attacked years ago with a baseball bat for being gay , I don’t think we are any nearer being accepted , I still hear homophobic comments at work even though I am not out there , "

Was reading a vice article today saying in the last four years homophobic hate crimes have gone up 210%

What world are we living in

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I reckon that the people that are homophobic are really unsure of their own sexuality

over a year ago

"I reckon that the people that are homophobic are really unsure of their own sexuality"

Or deeply deeply insecure about who they are in general not just sexually.. no sense of belonging or individuality

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I reckon that the people that are homophobic are really unsure of their own sexuality"

Unfortunately not for all, and that is just giving them a rationale excuse.

Some people are just hateful and aggressive. It's their nature.

over a year ago

"Evening all , where I live Birmingham there has. Been a spate of homophobic attacks in the gay area , why are people so scared of gays that they have to attack someone for being different, I’ve been attacked years ago with a baseball bat for being gay , I don’t think we are any nearer being accepted , I still hear homophobic comments at work even though I am not out there ,

Was reading a vice article today saying in the last four years homophobic hate crimes have gone up 210%

What world are we living in "

I read that too just now. And up 332% transphobic hate crimes over the same period

What is even happening

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Evening all , where I live Birmingham there has. Been a spate of homophobic attacks in the gay area , why are people so scared of gays that they have to attack someone for being different, I’ve been attacked years ago with a baseball bat for being gay , I don’t think we are any nearer being accepted , I still hear homophobic comments at work even though I am not out there ,

What world are we living in "

It's awful

over a year ago

"I reckon that the people that are homophobic are really unsure of their own sexuality

Unfortunately not for all, and that is just giving them a rationale excuse.

Some people are just hateful and aggressive. It's their nature. "

I think so too, some people are just hateful… it’s disgusting tho, who freaking cares who does who xx

over a year ago

What world are we living in

I read that too just now. And up 332% transphobic hate crimes over the same period

What is even happening "

Absolutely disgusting… regardless of my sexuality I could never stand by and allow it to happen

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It will never change ..

Some people just like a dust up..

Sad but true

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS
over a year ago

Notts

People are just bullies, I think crime against females is as much to do with size as sex, pick the easy target, or what they consider the easy target

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think intolerance is a disease and it's growing.

What's really strange about today is the huge contradictions out there.

On one hand people are ready to jump on people who may say the tiniest thing non politically correct on Facebook.

Yet in real life people seem to be getting very hateful and spiteful.

It's very confusing time's we live in.

I really do wish we could all just get along and be more tolerant.

Sorry about what happened to you OP.

over a year ago

Homophobia saddens me too hear it’s still a problem; I’m not naïve to think it wasn’t.

The media are now making all the same false claims about trans people they were making about gay men until recently. Suggesting we’re predatory or paedophiles and mocking us saying we ‘identify’ as trans rather than we ‘are’ trans.

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

Cowards and low life scum that have no place in todays society

over a year ago

Notts

"Homophobia saddens me too hear it’s still a problem; I’m not naïve to think it wasn’t.

The media are now making all the same false claims about trans people they were making about gay men until recently. Suggesting we’re predatory or paedophiles and mocking us saying we ‘identify’ as trans rather than we ‘are’ trans. "

I was speaking to an older female today who told me her husband can't even watch the TV if anything gay is on it

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that. These are cowards who express their own insecurities in life through hatred of others. Hope you stay strong.

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Homophobia saddens me too hear it’s still a problem; I’m not naïve to think it wasn’t.

The media are now making all the same false claims about trans people they were making about gay men until recently. Suggesting we’re predatory or paedophiles and mocking us saying we ‘identify’ as trans rather than we ‘are’ trans.

I was speaking to an older female today who told me her husband can't even watch the TV if anything gay is on it

"

I work with guy's who are literally stuck in a 70's sitcom mentality.

It sickness me.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It sickness me."

What sort of age are they?

over a year ago

Notts

It sickness me."

It's is an episode of alf garnet! What was that called? It's so bad sometimes it's comical in a really wrong way! Like gran ma asking you if youre off to the palli for a tea dance!

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

My only advice is to keep on reporting them to the police… even comments made as they are a Hate Crime … don’t accept the behaviour as it’s clearly wrong and needs to be dealt with

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It sickness me.

It's is an episode of alf garnet! What was that called? It's so bad sometimes it's comical in a really wrong way! Like gran ma asking you if youre off to the palli for a tea dance!"

Was it called, Open all Hours?

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Absolutely, straight men are not threatened by gay men, only those that can't accept their sexuality are

By *eamTOSACouple
over a year ago

Treharris

Agreed

The man doth protest too much, methinks -stolen and misquoted from Hamlet but still relevant today, I’ve always been of the opinion that the homophobic are afraid of their own sexuality

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

It sickness me.

What sort of age are they?"

All ages.

I work in the building trade and it's exactly how you imagine it to be.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It sickness me.

All ages.

I work in the building trade and it's exactly how you imagine it to be."

Times Change, People Don't, Ever will it be So...

over a year ago

Notts

It sickness me.

All ages.

I was in charity shop! Basically boys should be boys and girls girls....

over a year ago

"

Jeez… isn’t love just beautiful in every of its form?? Whether it’s male and male .. male and female.. female and female ..

trans female and male .. trans male and female etc etc

Like love is love guys!!!

over a year ago

It sickness me.

All ages.

I transitioned whilst working in the trade.

over a year ago

We can all play our part in improving society by speaking up when our friends , family , colleagues make a homophobic remark.

By being silent, we simply help the cycle continue, and yes, our silence means we are to blame too.

over a year ago

Big dark hugs man. X

over a year ago

"We can all play our part in improving society by speaking up when our friends , family , colleagues make a homophobic remark.

By being silent, we simply help the cycle continue, and yes, our silence means we are to blame too. "

Well said that man

over a year ago

It sickness me.

All ages.

I transitioned whilst working in the trade. "

Strong woman

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Horrendous scummy bullies! I had it all at school and even in adult life, Unfortunately you still get small minded bigots who live in the stone ages. xo

over a year ago

It sickness me.

All ages.

Strong woman "

Hormones put an end to that

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"We can all play our part in improving society by speaking up when our friends , family , colleagues make a homophobic remark.

By being silent, we simply help the cycle continue, and yes, our silence means we are to blame too. "

Please never blame the silent...I have my own demons to fight.. I do not fight your battles..

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I reckon that the people that are homophobic are really unsure of their own sexuality

Absolutely, straight men are not threatened by gay men, only those that can't accept their sexuality are "

Why do people keep saying this?

You are giving their actions a rationale reason. As good as an excuse. They are unable to process and accept their own feelings so they direct them outward - which in some cases is true.

But in all honesty (and fact) some people are just aggressive and intolerant of others be it gay, trans, straight, rich, poor, black, white, native, foreign, kink, vanilla.

Some people are just like that for many varied and different reasons. We are not a naturally utopian species.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The, if your not for us then your against us does more damage to any cause than you can imagine...

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Absolutely, straight men are not threatened by gay men, only those that can't accept their sexuality are

You are giving their actions a rationale reason. As good as an excuse. They are unable to process and accept their own feelings so they direct them outward - which in some cases is true.

But in all honesty (and fact) some people are just aggressive and intolerant of others be it gay, trans, straight, rich, poor, black, white, native, foreign, kink, vanilla.

Some people are just like that for many varied and different reasons. We are not a naturally utopian species."

100% agree but could not express it as well as this ..

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Some people are just like that for many varied and different reasons. We are not a naturally utopian species."

No excuse for bullying or violence sorry! Kids learn what adults teach, Everyone has a part to educate and learn.

over a year ago

Notts

I take the piss, its not a ladies blouse it's a blouse.... they look at me dumb lol so men eat pork pie? Really! They look at me dumb.... boys like trains.... what about pink trains? .... and then stop talking to you lol they'll think what they want, about covid about tax and about weirdo pink trains, choo choo

By *ick71Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

In this day why can't people just accept that we are all different, so what if we are gay, bisexual, transexual or what ever makes us tick, accept it we should embrace these times that we can be what ever we want. A lot has changed since the dark ages of the 40's and 50's but on reading this it's obvious a lot more needs to be done. What are these people's prob lems do they think they are are going to be jumped by a gay man if so they should dream on as that is definitely not going to happen personally perhaps they have an. Element of being gay or bi themselves and are afraid to admit it. I feel so sorry for these stupid and ignorant individuals

over a year ago

It's just disgusting, I have always let my children know that they could always tell me anything and that includes any of them being gay or whatever term they would care to use. I could think of nothing worse than either of them worrying and pondering " how do I tell dad ? " as for their mam I don't know her view. Myself if any of my children are lucky enough to find someone who loves them more than they love themselves then I could wish for nothing more. Love is love at the end of the day, no matter who it comes from. If you have it you have everything.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Some people are just like that for many varied and different reasons. We are not a naturally utopian species. No excuse for bullying or violence sorry! Kids learn what adults teach, Everyone has a part to educate and learn. "

But it is an excuse. That's exactly what it is by saying they are gay, they just can't accept it. You are giving them a valid and sympathetic reason for their actions.

Because if you can't sympathise you are being hypocritical as they are internally struggling with their identity and expressing it in such a way as they only know how as an individual. Yes it's harming others but they are struggling to process and cope with acceptance of themselves. Their mental health is struggling clearly so they are lashing out.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

I'm so sorry, OP.

What a world

over a year ago

"I'm so sorry, OP.

What a world "

Sadly the world we live in today

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

OP I am saddened to hear of your personal experiences. And even more sad that I know that abuse is still faced daily by my friends who are out as queer in some way.

Objectively there could be several reasons. As a society we are not happy. People look for excuses, places to lay the blame. Foreigners "stealing" our jobs, and sadly often anyone who is a bit different. It's about as mature as as school playground bullying of the misfits. But sadly gay people often bear the brunt of this.

In some cases people are unsure of their own sexuality, especially men who may sometimes experience urges to experiment with other men and don't like that feeling because society (toxic masculinity) tells us it's not a desirable trait. They get angry with themselves for having these feelings, but take it out on gay men who have the confidence to live their authentic lives. If you doubt toxic masculinity is at play, just look at how socially acceptable it is for women to be bi and compare to bi men - who are often shunned by the queer community and by straight men alike.

Just look at how many overtly homophobic US politicians, "Christian" leaders and judges get caught having public sex with other men....hatred of something within themselves.

over a year ago

"It's just disgusting, I have always let my children know that they could always tell me anything and that includes any of them being gay or whatever term they would care to use. I could think of nothing worse than either of them worrying and pondering " how do I tell dad ? " as for their mam I don't know her view. Myself if any of my children are lucky enough to find someone who loves them more than they love themselves then I could wish for nothing more. Love is love at the end of the day, no matter who it comes from. If you have it you have everything. "

Thanks for being a good dad in letting your kids be whoever they want to be or whoever they want to love regardless

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Some people are just like that for many varied and different reasons. We are not a naturally utopian species. No excuse for bullying or violence sorry! Kids learn what adults teach, Everyone has a part to educate and learn.

But it is an excuse. That's exactly what it is by saying they are gay, they just can't accept it. You are giving them a valid and sympathetic reason for their actions.

Because if you can't sympathise you are being hypocritical as they are internally struggling with their identity and expressing it in such a way as they only know how as an individual. Yes it's harming others but they are struggling to process and cope with acceptance of themselves. Their mental health is struggling clearly so they are lashing out. "

Making the bully the victim? If someone is struggling with their identity that isn't others fault who are living their life and being themselves. What about the abuse they go through? I'm talking from someone who experienced horrendous severe bullying at school! Just for being true to myself at a very young age in regards to being attracted to boys. Education starts at home! If kids were taught to be themselves from a young age, Well then they wouldn't have so much self hate and intolerance for others?

over a year ago

It sickness me.

All ages.

Strong woman

Hormones put an end to that "

We know! Ahha

U know what I meant tho x strong willed

over a year ago

Notts

Some people are just like that for many varied and different reasons. We are not a naturally utopian species. No excuse for bullying or violence sorry! Kids learn what adults teach, Everyone has a part to educate and learn.

Because if you can't sympathise you are being hypocritical as they are internally struggling with their identity and expressing it in such a way as they only know how as an individual. Yes it's harming others but they are struggling to process and cope with acceptance of themselves. Their mental health is struggling clearly so they are lashing out. Making the bully the victim? If someone is struggling with their identity that isn't others fault who are living their life and being themselves. What about the abuse they go through? I'm talking from someone who experienced horrendous severe bullying at school! Just for being true to myself at a very young age in regards to being attracted to boys. Education starts at home! If kids were taught to be themselves from a young age, Well then they wouldn't have so much self hate and intolerance for others? "

I get what he's saying, if you were raised in a man's man way it's a big jump, I was lol mother would say.... be a man... think it's the same for roman catholics!

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

" If kids were taught to be themselves from a young age, Well then they wouldn't have so much self hate and intolerance for others? "

My mum is horrifically homophobic (also transphobic and racist). As a very young child I honestly didn't mind if someone was black, Asian or whatever until my mother said some horrible things about people of colour that I shall not repeat. A year or so later I repeated these to my dad who was utterly horrified and demanded to know where such ideas came from. Had he not done that, I might well have grown up to be very racist myself.

Now mum is also the type who will say "Two men....it's disgusting, its' wrong". When my cousin's daughter announced on social media that she was dating another woman my mum went ape-shit. As if it were any of her business.

Now, had my dad also not taken the time to explain some things me at the age when I started to notice different sexualities and to have sexual arousal myself....he told me that homosexuality was something that some people are born with and it's therefore wrong to treat gay people badly because it's no choice for them. The same with trans people (he would have used now outdated language of course). If I had only had the one view influencing my I'd probably have grown up to be a gay basher. And that haunts me to this day. For someone born before WWII he had some pretty forward thinking attitudes.

Kids will play with any other kids and will respect any adult....until told otherwise by someone they see as authority and who they trust.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

Because if you can't sympathise you are being hypocritical as they are internally struggling with their identity and expressing it in such a way as they only know how as an individual. Yes it's harming others but they are struggling to process and cope with acceptance of themselves. Their mental health is struggling clearly so they are lashing out. Making the bully the victim? If someone is struggling with their identity that isn't others fault who are living their life and being themselves. What about the abuse they go through? I'm talking from someone who experienced horrendous severe bullying at school! Just for being true to myself at a very young age in regards to being attracted to boys. Education starts at home! If kids were taught to be themselves from a young age, Well then they wouldn't have so much self hate and intolerance for others?

I get what he's saying, if you were raised in a man's man way it's a big jump, I was lol mother would say.... be a man... think it's the same for roman catholics! "

My daddy was Irish catholic and a man's man. He wasn't intolerant of who i was, Even if i did only know him a few years as an adult. He said himself Religion is quite BS and hypocritical. Hahahaha

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

" If kids were taught to be themselves from a young age, Well then they wouldn't have so much self hate and intolerance for others?

My mum is horrifically homophobic (also transphobic and racist). As a very young child I honestly didn't mind if someone was black, Asian or whatever until my mother said some horrible things about people of colour that I shall not repeat. A year or so later I repeated these to my dad who was utterly horrified and demanded to know where such ideas came from. Had he not done that, I might well have grown up to be very racist myself.

Now mum is also the type who will say "Two men....it's disgusting, its' wrong". When my cousin's daughter announced on social media that she was dating another woman my mum went ape-shit. As if it were any of her business.

Now, had my dad also not taken the time to explain some things me at the age when I started to notice different sexualities and to have sexual arousal myself....he told me that homosexuality was something that some people are born with and it's therefore wrong to treat gay people badly because it's no choice for them. The same with trans people (he would have used now outdated language of course). If I had only had the one view influencing my I'd probably have grown up to be a gay basher. And that haunts me to this day. For someone born before WWII he had some pretty forward thinking attitudes.

Kids will play with any other kids and will respect any adult....until told otherwise by someone they see as authority and who they trust. "

And if you have offspring and they totally reject your beliefs... ?

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

" If kids were taught to be themselves from a young age, Well then they wouldn't have so much self hate and intolerance for others?

Kids will play with any other kids and will respect any adult....until told otherwise by someone they see as authority and who they trust. "

Some of my family are racist and quite homophobic! Don't talk to me about mothers. Lol It's horrible growing up with it, But as long as you are being true to yourself that's all that matters. xo

over a year ago

Notts

Kids will play with any other kids and will respect any adult....until told otherwise by someone they see as authority and who they trust.

"

Yes siblings agree with team mum and youre the odd one out.....

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

"

"

I don't have offspring and do not wish to procreate. But if children had come along I'd have far rather encouraged them to have open minds than ram any belief system down their throats.

The fact that some people deliberately reject the values of their families does not negate the well studied fact that prejudice is learned behaviour.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

"

I don't have offspring and do not wish to procreate. But if children had come along I'd have far rather encouraged them to have open minds than ram any belief system down their throats.

The fact that some people deliberately reject the values of their families does not negate the well studied fact that prejudice is learned behaviour."

Exactly what i was initially saying earlier in the thread. Kids learn what you teach.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"

The fact that some people deliberately reject the values of their families does not negate the well studied fact that prejudice is learned behaviour."

Agreed... So behaviour jumps generations.. it will never change ...

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

We can do better.

over a year ago

Notts

"

Agree, but it tends to come at high price, gay, Muslim, etc team traditional normally wins..... often coz sisters brother whoever won't go against established rule, even if they really agree with you, secretly!

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

And every generay thinks the same thing

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Generation

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

"And every generay thinks the same thing "

We no charge people to enter psychiatric hospital and make fun of the patients. Nor publicly torture and execute people. Things can and do change, but change can be inexorably slow. Nonetheless it happens, and we can do better.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"And every generay thinks the same thing

We no charge people to enter psychiatric hospital and make fun of the patients. Nor publicly torture and execute people. Things can and do change, but change can be inexorably slow. Nonetheless it happens, and we can do better."

Agreed .. but it may turn out we do a lot worse..

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

Homophobic assaults happened in Liverpool three weekends on the trot and one murder. All of them carried out by non Liverpool men I might add

over a year ago

And that’s why I want to write an illustrated book for kids regarding these issues and make it easy for anyone to understand that it’s okay to feel different or be different.

And to be accepting of others x

over a year ago

Still astounds me that in 2021 some people think they are entitled to have an opinion on whether 2 adults should have consensual sex.

Sorry to hear that OP.

over a year ago

I don't care what people are/become, (apologies for how that may sound as its not meant to offend in any way), but I hate any sort of attack on another human being.

In this day and age it shouldn't be necessary to have days to highlight a persons chosen path but due to a minority of homophobic people out there its clearly still required.

I won't lie, I've never been as understanding as I am now but a special lady on here and these forums have helped me become a much better person.

Be proud of whoever you are right now and embrace those who truly love you for the person you are

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

We are in 2021 and people are still vile to everyone it's infuriating why can't people just leave people be

over a year ago

"

The fact that some people deliberately reject the values of their families does not negate the well studied fact that prejudice is learned behaviour. Exactly what i was initially saying earlier in the thread. Kids learn what you teach. "

I agree entirely with your last sentence, but would add that if the child is born into a culture of homophobia, they are far more likely to reject that aspect of the culture if they are allowed to be educated about LGBTQ. Sadly, there are many schools who believe it is their “fundamental right” to opt out of such lessons.

over a year ago

"I don't care what people are/become, (apologies for how that may sound as its not meant to offend in any way), but I hate any sort of attack on another human being.

In this day and age it shouldn't be necessary to have days to highlight a persons chosen path but due to a minority of homophobic people out there its clearly still required.

I won't lie, I've never been as understanding as I am now but a special lady on here and these forums have helped me become a much better person.

Be proud of whoever you are right now and embrace those who truly love you for the person you are "

Im glad whoever that special lady is has opened your eyes and mind a bit in becoming a much more accepting person x

Love hearing stories like yours

over a year ago

"It's just disgusting, I have always let my children know that they could always tell me anything and that includes any of them being gay or whatever term they would care to use. I could think of nothing worse than either of them worrying and pondering " how do I tell dad ? " as for their mam I don't know her view. Myself if any of my children are lucky enough to find someone who loves them more than they love themselves then I could wish for nothing more. Love is love at the end of the day, no matter who it comes from. If you have it you have everything.

Thanks for being a good dad in letting your kids be whoever they want to be or whoever they want to love regardless "

Thanks, but its not being a good dad it's just my view. The world we live in now is so much more diverse than when I was my children's age ( or more openly diverse ) its a part of the world they live in and intolerance and ignorance have no place in it. I want them to have an open mind, be relaxed and comfortable with who they are and who others are too. They have also always been shown to help others regardless of how much or how little they have themselves, the smallest kind act can and does make a difference, they have seen this for themselves. If my children can be accepting, helpful and happy then I'm a good dad. Everything else is just being a decent human

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

I'm so sorry OP

I don't understand it either.

If anything, straight males should be thanking you as you're not competing against them.

Unless of course, they are closeted themselves and in denial and that's really why they feel threatened !

Sadly, neither of us can use that logic on haters

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/10/21 23:41:02]

over a year ago

"I don't care what people are/become, (apologies for how that may sound as its not meant to offend in any way), but I hate any sort of attack on another human being.

Be proud of whoever you are right now and embrace those who truly love you for the person you are "

That’s good to hear that fab has helped you understand

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/10/21 23:47:48]

over a year ago

Words will never solve this problem. Better education might help but ultimately people learn these things from their communities and families.

By *iman2100Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Sadly OP, if you read the Forums regularly you will find your answer. It appears that these days it is far easier to attack the person than to try and understand their point of view, where it differs from one's own, or to raise cogent arguments to counter their stated position. In the forums it is usually verbal slights but in the street it can get physical.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Hugs

OP xxxx

over a year ago

Some people are just pricks.

over a year ago

I have read about things happening around Birmingham sadly. Attacks like that are on the rise around the country. Ignorance breeds hate in some.

And some people wonder why we have the pride events

over a year ago

Seems we’re still very far from putting the kind back in mankind.

No doubt, we are the worst species on this planet of ours.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

"We are in 2021 and people are still vile to everyone it's infuriating why can't people just leave people be"

By *xleMan
over a year ago

wigan

It’s just life. Small minded people are afraid of change. What happened too live and let live.it would be a boring world if we were all the same.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It will never change...that's just how it is..

By *ocothumpaMan
over a year ago

quite close to you

Never understood homophobia, and cannot understand why you’d want or even feel compelled to attack a person just for their sexuality. I could (possibly) understand a group of gay men attacking a known homophobe…but they don’t. I remember being taken to HR because I was apparently ‘bullying and intimidating’ this woman all because I made her do her job with a gay man (the fact he was gay had 100% affect on his ability to do the job - one he did quite poorly but that was another issue) she said that all gay men are paedophiles…I spent the whole day telling how much of a disgusting homophobe she was.

Guess HR saw it differently.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

This has been on the increase since brexit started, there has been reports of the drop in the tolerance of the LGBT community.

over a year ago

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"This has been on the increase since brexit started, there has been reports of the drop in the tolerance of the LGBT community.

"

Brexit is the cause ?

Post new Message to Thread