Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Crying over spilt milk and feeling low

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After quite a hard week, I’m realising that I’m slowly spiralling in negative thoughts (it hasn’t been like this for some time tbf), particularly on past “choices” or actually, not making them choices.

My therapist says I should focus on the now and all the little steps that I’m taking that are making me climb that mountain that once felt insurmountable.

Having said that there’s still this feeling in the back of my head that recurs and I can’t shake off, telling me how I should have really stuck to my guns and not have other people push me inwards regarding who I really am. I let fear take over. And doing nothing is actually just as bad as doing something wrong.

I know about the most successful stories from girls who were lucky to have had the support from family and go through sex reassignment surgery at 16-17 and parts of me thinks. To be honest, It’d have been a bit easier to have had it done and dusted and be in my early 30 having put the past behind me. Hormones would have worked way better too if I didn’t go through puberty.. and yada yada

I don’t know, I know it is pointless crying over spilt milk but sometimes It just gets all too much that you can’t help but beat yourself up with the whole spiel in the head

“stupid silly bitch, u should have been braver then and now you pay for your stillness”

I am not gonna lie, anyone who knows me know that I’m TERRIBLE with the patience game. And yes OPS are on the way, and I have mixed feelings of being excited and also afraid (particularly on post pain recovery but what if I’ll get a disappointing surgery?)

I don’t know what this post is about and if this is Retrograde making me spiral… but I wanted to vent out my feelings at the moment

Is it okay to say we aren’t feeling okay?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Big hugs op,

we all do it at times.

It is OK not to be OK

x

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"After quite a hard week, I’m realising that I’m slowly spiralling in negative thoughts (it hasn’t been like this for some time tbf), particularly on past “choices” or actually, not making them choices.

My therapist says I should focus on the now and all the little steps that I’m taking that are making me climb that mountain that once felt insurmountable.

Having said that there’s still this feeling in the back of my head that recurs and I can’t shake off, telling me how I should have really stuck to my guns and not have other people push me inwards regarding who I really am. I let fear take over. And doing nothing is actually just as bad as doing something wrong.

I know about the most successful stories from girls who were lucky to have had the support from family and go through sex reassignment surgery at 16-17 and parts of me thinks. To be honest, It’d have been a bit easier to have had it done and dusted and be in my early 30 having put the past behind me. Hormones would have worked way better too if I didn’t go through puberty.. and yada yada

I don’t know, I know it is pointless crying over spilt milk but sometimes It just gets all too much that you can’t help but beat yourself up with the whole spiel in the head

“stupid silly bitch, u should have been braver then and now you pay for your stillness”

I am not gonna lie, anyone who knows me know that I’m TERRIBLE with the patience game. And yes OPS are on the way, and I have mixed feelings of being excited and also afraid (particularly on post pain recovery but what if I’ll get a disappointing surgery?)

I don’t know what this post is about and if this is Retrograde making me spiral… but I wanted to vent out my feelings at the moment

"

It’s ALWAYS ok to tell people who care that you’re not feeling ok. That’s the only way we’ll know!!! xxx xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

vent away. there will always be people here to help and listen to you. i hope all the ops go as you would hope they will

over a year ago

"After quite a hard week, I’m realising that I’m slowly spiralling in negative thoughts (it hasn’t been like this for some time tbf), particularly on past “choices” or actually, not making them choices.

It’s ALWAYS ok to tell people who care that you’re not feeling ok. That’s the only way we’ll know!!! xxx xx"

Haha I feel like such a dick as I bet my besties are kinda fed up about what goes on In my brain over and over

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

It's ok...that mountain of yours isn't as high as you think it is...no one else can even see it... perhaps there's a bar at the top with lovely cocktails to try

over a year ago

Hugs

Also for you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AEVaK0e1kTE

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I used to beat myself up over past choices that I either did make or made incorrectly. I’m now putting the next sentence on its own and exactly how I see such regret now, in the hope you don’t go through what I have…….

IT’S ABSOLUTELY FUCKING POINTLESS!!! STOP!!!

Difficult to do? Yep. Necessary? Yep.

You made the choices you did based on the situations you were in and how your personality reacts in those situations. Don’t deny yourself being who you are; you ultimately did what you thought was best with the info you had at the time.

All the will in the world doesn’t change history and all the regret in the would just ruins the present.

You’re fine….you did fine….you will be fine. xx

over a year ago

It’s ok not to be ok, only my opinion but I have always been someone who says the past is the past and you can’t change it, whatever the situation was hopefully it can make you stronger. I hope you feel better soon x

over a year ago

"

Yes it is okay to say we are not okay at least that’s what my sych says say what you like to who you like talking is good apparently I’m off to do my punch bag this afternoon vent and channel my anger in to something positive hope all goes well for you x

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

It’s ALWAYS ok to tell people who care that you’re not feeling ok. That’s the only way we’ll know!!! xxx xx

Haha I feel like such a dick as I bet my besties are kinda fed up about what goes on In my brain over and over "

Not at all; there’s a lot going on in there, young lady!

Yes, you’ll have ?regrets? anger, resentment that you weren’t taken seriously enough at the time to have given you happiness and the feeling of ‘rightness’ in your own skin earlier in your life, but look back at how you’ve had to fight, and persevere, and overcome every obstacle, and feel deservedly proud of the journey you’ve had. All of that makes you the Kylie we know and love today. Don’t regret that xxx

over a year ago

"It's ok...that mountain of yours isn't as high as you think it is...no one else can even see it... perhaps there's a bar at the top with lovely cocktails to try "

Do they do pink Prosecco?

I just also hope that once I’m up there I’ll be able to appreciate all the sweat blood and tears and be content with myself and enjoy the view from the top x

over a year ago

"I used to beat myself up over past choices that I either did make or made incorrectly. I’m now putting the next sentence on its own and exactly how I see such regret now, in the hope you don’t go through what I have…….

IT’S ABSOLUTELY FUCKING POINTLESS!!! STOP!!!

Difficult to do? Yep. Necessary? Yep.

You made the choices you did based on the situations you were in and how your personality reacts in those situations. Don’t deny yourself being who you are; you ultimately did what you thought was best with the info you had at the time.

All the will in the world doesn’t change history and all the regret in the would just ruins the present.

You’re fine….you did fine….you will be fine. xx

"

Yes I get it and I hate thinking this way and I swear my therapist is probably ready to take the whip out whenever I mention this.

But having had the full acceptance of me, kinda puts me in a position where I really feel like I should have been braver.

I know u can’t make history with that, but still it’s the only regret I have that haunts me every now and then.

And I’ve made plenty of mistakes like picking a degree that my father wanted me to do. Which turned out to be useless cos I hated it.

Do I regret it? No. Of course not

So this is the only little thing that makes me angry at myself

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh honey, I hear you. I've been there with my own stuff.

You are ok just as you are. Your journey is your own, and comparing to other people is futile (and we all do it).

You can't change yesterday. You can change today. And from what I can see, you're killing it already.

Show yourself the compassion you'd show a friend. I know that's hard.

over a year ago

Haha I feel like such a dick as I bet my besties are kinda fed up about what goes on In my brain over and over

Yes, you’ll have ?regrets? anger, resentment that you weren’t taken seriously enough at the time to have given you happiness and the feeling of ‘rightness’ in your own skin earlier in your life, but look back at how you’ve had to fight, and persevere, and overcome every obstacle, and feel deservedly proud of the journey you’ve had. All of that makes you the Kylie we know and love today. Don’t regret that xxx"

This made my heart go fuzzy

Thank you

over a year ago

"Oh honey, I hear you. I've been there with my own stuff.

You are ok just as you are. Your journey is your own, and comparing to other people is futile (and we all do it).

You can't change yesterday. You can change today. And from what I can see, you're killing it already.

Show yourself the compassion you'd show a friend. I know that's hard."

Thanks lovely, you are so right. I guess it’s just one of them weeks and I just have to sit with these feelings as it can’t always be high emotions all the times.

Im just hoping my future Kylie self will look back at this and think

God wasn’t she a silly bugger !

*breathe in breathe out*

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 11/10/21 10:38:06]

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

Yes, you’ll have ?regrets? anger, resentment that you weren’t taken seriously enough at the time to have given you happiness and the feeling of ‘rightness’ in your own skin earlier in your life, but look back at how you’ve had to fight, and persevere, and overcome every obstacle, and feel deservedly proud of the journey you’ve had. All of that makes you the Kylie we know and love today. Don’t regret that xxx

This made my heart go fuzzy

Thank you "

xx

You’re welcome, petal xxx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh honey, I hear you. I've been there with my own stuff.

Show yourself the compassion you'd show a friend. I know that's hard.

Thanks lovely, you are so right. I guess it’s just one of them weeks and I just have to sit with these feelings as it can’t always be high emotions all the times.

Im just hoping my future Kylie self will look back at this and think

God wasn’t she a silly bugger !

*breathe in breathe out*"

You are/were a person with all the usual human frailties. With baggage, wounding, and scars. That's not silly, that's very normal.

You're doing the best you can

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Life is always a learning curve & the past is now the past. We all sometimes sit there & think what if. You've come such a long way & have soooo much to look forward to. It's an exciting new adventure & you've got lots of us on your side to support you & be with you. Smile & keep those positive thoughts in your head x

over a year ago

Stay positive duck x you can see through the dark x

over a year ago

"Life is always a learning curve & the past is now the past. We all sometimes sit there & think what if. You've come such a long way & have soooo much to look forward to. It's an exciting new adventure & you've got lots of us on your side to support you & be with you. Smile & keep those positive thoughts in your head x"

Thanks Kinky Jaffacake eater man! X

I need to re read all I’ve achieved so far to put everything in perspective !!!

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"Life is always a learning curve & the past is now the past. We all sometimes sit there & think what if. You've come such a long way & have soooo much to look forward to. It's an exciting new adventure & you've got lots of us on your side to support you & be with you. Smile & keep those positive thoughts in your head x

I need to re read all I’ve achieved so far to put everything in perspective !!! "

xx

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Maybe see if your therapist can give you some grounding techniques, there are a massive bag of mixed emotions inside you that will spill out at times, more frequently when you really don't want them too, all you can do is ride the wave and let your brain process your thoughts, it's a massive journey of self discovery and I am proud of what I have read that you have achieved so far x

over a year ago

"Life is always a learning curve & the past is now the past. We all sometimes sit there & think what if. You've come such a long way & have soooo much to look forward to. It's an exciting new adventure & you've got lots of us on your side to support you & be with you. Smile & keep those positive thoughts in your head x

I need to re read all I’ve achieved so far to put everything in perspective !!! "

Reread that last line and remind yourself what you have achieved and will continue to achieve

By *r Discreet 75Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Never worry about the past that's something you can't change you just got toake your future the best future you can ..... and stay away from negative people they'll only drag you down to their low .... you gotta have self worth x

over a year ago

"Maybe see if your therapist can give you some grounding techniques, there are a massive bag of mixed emotions inside you that will spill out at times, more frequently when you really don't want them too, all you can do is ride the wave and let your brain process your thoughts, it's a massive journey of self discovery and I am proud of what I have read that you have achieved so far x"

I’ll definitely ask her on my next session. I’m trying to write down a lot as that seem to ground me

My yogi teacher said just enjoy every moment of it, whether it’s bad or good or meh… as that’s what will make it unforgettable x

I guess sometimes we just wanna get over there and be done with it … especially if u are an impatient ass bitch like myself

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

"

It is very much ok to say you're not ok. Things happens for a reason. Your time is now not then and life is too short to be saying what if! Live in the here and now. I know it's easy for me to say that as I'm not experiencing what you are. Now is your time, nobody else's. As for the future well that's a today that hasn't happened yet isn't it. Operations well try to stay positive if you don't feel that your surgeon isn't right for you ask or search for another one. Good luck, and stay positive

By *r.SJMan
over a year ago

Wellingborough

Always count the little things and its never wrong to not be OK! Talking about it is even better as well and that in itself is an achievement and definitely a good thing, so another positive to count...

My head can be all over the place and find it so much easier to preach than practice And I know it's different things that get us all but so much love here, try and take note and well done for shouting out.

I have the following printed on a mug... I think it's apt and could help all of us:-

GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

over a year ago

Absolutely okay to say you are not okay.

In my experience, part of the healing journey is learning to accept our past and see it is unchangeable. Our responsibility is to our present day us and the decisions we make today.

That's hard for sure. We judge our past self's. And then we realise we shouldn't do that so judge our present selfs for judging !

Yesterday's Kylie was doing her best with the knowledge she had and the tools at the time. I bet given all that she did a fucking good job during some hard times.

It's just hard to look back on with new knowledge and skills and see the mistakes.

But we don't judge our five year old selves for not being able to spell!

What may help is picture your old self, and talk to her like she's your little sister. Give her advice and support

over a year ago

"Always count the little things and its never wrong to not be OK! Talking about it is even better as well and that in itself is an achievement and definitely a good thing, so another positive to count...

My head can be all over the place and find it so much easier to preach than practice And I know it's different things that get us all but so much love here, try and take note and well done for shouting out.

I have the following printed on a mug... I think it's apt and could help all of us:-

GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

"

Thanks u!!! That was a good read and some good mantras in there

over a year ago

"Absolutely okay to say you are not okay.

In my experience, part of the healing journey is learning to accept our past and see it is unchangeable. Our responsibility is to our present day us and the decisions we make today.

That's hard for sure. We judge our past self's. And then we realise we shouldn't do that so judge our present selfs for judging !

Yesterday's Kylie was doing her best with the knowledge she had and the tools at the time. I bet given all that she did a fucking good job during some hard times.

It's just hard to look back on with new knowledge and skills and see the mistakes.

But we don't judge our five year old selves for not being able to spell!

What may help is picture your old self, and talk to her like she's your little sister. Give her advice and support "

Thanks Hovis, this is really good advice, I should be kind to past Kylie and not be angry at her for standing still.

And it’s okay because what felt impossible , I made possible and continue to make possible x

I just hope to find peace eventually as a past ex said to me that I live in this state of insatisfaction, he could have given me the moon and I’d want two moons.

And it does make me wonder if this is true (partly I realise it) and if after I completed my journey fully , I’ll still be having the same thoughts and ill be damned in this state of … wanting more out of me, and that will never bring me happiness.

Or if I’ll be able to let go and just say okay Kylie, you finally done it

Gaaad Mercury retrograde you need to be over already!!!

over a year ago

"I just hope to find peace eventually as a past ex said to me that I live in this state of insatisfaction, he could have given me the moon and I’d want two moons."

Some people do strive for more and more. There's no judgement on that. And there no judgement on settling.

I just read a quote along the lines of "when people say you should stop to smell the roses, I ask who looks after the roses?".

There's a balance to be had between working for tomorrow and appreciating today. That balance is personal and the way of measuring is by asking if you are happy. Only you know if asking for two moons was unreasonable. After all some planets have loads of moons. It may be he's an ex because his balance wasn't alligned to yours. And that's okay too.

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

"Always count the little things and its never wrong to not be OK! Talking about it is even better as well and that in itself is an achievement and definitely a good thing, so another positive to count...

"

Fuck me; how big is that mug?

Kidding! Great sentiment xx

over a year ago

Maybe you need a magnifying glass to read it haha

over a year ago

"I just hope to find peace eventually as a past ex said to me that I live in this state of insatisfaction, he could have given me the moon and I’d want two moons.

Some people do strive for more and more. There's no judgement on that. And there no judgement on settling.

I just read a quote along the lines of "when people say you should stop to smell the roses, I ask who looks after the roses?".

There's a balance to be had between working for tomorrow and appreciating today. That balance is personal and the way of measuring is by asking if you are happy. Only you know if asking for two moons was unreasonable. After all some planets have loads of moons. It may be he's an ex because his balance wasn't alligned to yours. And that's okay too. "

Thanks for saying I’m not an unreasonable bitch x

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Every choice you made was the best choice you could make at the time. We none of us see a great option and a rubbish option and think "I'll take the rubbish option thanks", we take what we see as being the best option with the knowledge we have at the time. With hindsight our assessments might be flawed, but in that moment there were reasons behind them.

I've made some frankly ridiculous choices in my past and I have no doubt at all I will make equally ridiculous ones in future, but I try to treat myself with compassion remembering my belief at the time that I was doing the best I could.

Sending hugs OP, treat yourself kindly

over a year ago

Sending hugs Kylie xx

over a year ago

"Every choice you made was the best choice you could make at the time. We none of us see a great option and a rubbish option and think "I'll take the rubbish option thanks", we take what we see as being the best option with the knowledge we have at the time. With hindsight our assessments might be flawed, but in that moment there were reasons behind them.

I've made some frankly ridiculous choices in my past and I have no doubt at all I will make equally ridiculous ones in future, but I try to treat myself with compassion remembering my belief at the time that I was doing the best I could.

Sending hugs OP, treat yourself kindly "

Thanks girl! Xxx means a lot

By *r.SJMan
over a year ago

Wellingborough

Kidding! Great sentiment xx "

I drink a lot of coffee, so needs be a big mug (though in truth just standard mug size and a lot of print)

By *r.SJMan
over a year ago

Wellingborough

"Maybe you need a magnifying glass to read it haha "

Maybe that's why I now need reading glasses

By *iBBWLondonWoman
over a year ago

London

Kidding! Great sentiment xx

I drink a lot of coffee, so needs be a big mug (though in truth just standard mug size and a lot of print) "

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Hey, everyone above has said all the stuff that I would, so I'm not gonna repeat it all again. I'll just say big hugs and kisses, xxxxx

over a year ago

"Hey, everyone above has said all the stuff that I would, so I'm not gonna repeat it all again. I'll just say big hugs and kisses, xxxxx "

Thanks Polly! Just feeling sensitive today x I’ll be back to my usual bubbly self A S A P

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Hugs girl you know where I am if you need me xxxxx

By *r Discreet 75Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

It's never to late to turn your life around for the better .... just heard tyson fury say that and it's so true

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Hang on in there! U have come so far! And achieved so much! Very proud of u! Big hugs! X

over a year ago

Sending you lots of love, hugs and strength. You got this xx

over a year ago

The biggest problem of having a mental health problem is that people expect you to behave like you don't have one.

over a year ago

"It's never to late to turn your life around for the better .... just heard tyson fury say that and it's so true "

I mean I have and am doing it x I just am hating the fact that I could have done it a lot lot lot lot sooner x and it’d have been better and “easier”

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Honestly self reflection and reviewing the past is often a good sign in your road to where you need to be… sounds like you are doing amazing… you’ll be a role model for so many who maybe don’t know where to turn and I am positive you’ll support them having learnt the lessons from the past… x

By *r Discreet 75Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"It's never to late to turn your life around for the better .... just heard tyson fury say that and it's so true

I mean I have and am doing it x I just am hating the fact that I could have done it a lot lot lot lot sooner x and it’d have been better and “easier”"

your doing it now that's all that matters don't worry about yesterday that's gone you can't change it look ahead x

over a year ago

"Hang on in there! U have come so far! And achieved so much! Very proud of u! Big hugs! X"

Thanks my lovely

over a year ago

"Sending you lots of love, hugs and strength. You got this xx"

Xxx thanks Miss x

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

I’m sorry you’re feeling rubbish at the moment. I did an amazing short course (by a lady who lost her daughter to cancer amongst other tragedies, so she most definitely understands tough times) around the fact that we cause our own suffering by wanting ‘what is’ to be different. If it’s something that you can’t change then the only way to be at peace is to identify what you need to move forward (for her it was fundraising for charity in her daughter’s name) and to accept and move on. Not always easy to do but makes complete sense.

I hope you’re feeling better soon, you’ve undoubtedly overcome so much to get to where you are now xx

over a year ago

"I’m sorry you’re feeling rubbish at the moment. I did an amazing short course (by a lady who lost her daughter to cancer amongst other tragedies, so she most definitely understands tough times) around the fact that we cause our own suffering by wanting ‘what is’ to be different. If it’s something that you can’t change then the only way to be at peace is to identify what you need to move forward (for her it was fundraising for charity in her daughter’s name) and to accept and move on. Not always easy to do but makes complete sense.

I hope you’re feeling better soon, you’ve undoubtedly overcome so much to get to where you are now xx"

Yeah I totally understand I can’t change the past for now and I have to sit my manic ass down and be patient for the OPs days

And I’m doing all I can to focus on the steps I’m taking. Even if it’s one at a time I’m going in the right direction now x

I guess on my low moments I can’t help but hold myself accountable for “feeling late”

Which it isn’t true because I still have all my 30s and 40s and 50s etc to look forward to as the girl who forged herself xx

I just have very conflicted feelings split in two. The rational me and the irrational me

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"It's ok...that mountain of yours isn't as high as you think it is...no one else can even see it... perhaps there's a bar at the top with lovely cocktails to try

Do they do pink Prosecco?

I just also hope that once I’m up there I’ll be able to appreciate all the sweat blood and tears and be content with myself and enjoy the view from the top x"

yes ... treat yourself to a ice cold pink prosecco

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

You have to let out all your negative emotions to make way for the positive ones.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I’m sorry you’re feeling rubbish at the moment. I did an amazing short course (by a lady who lost her daughter to cancer amongst other tragedies, so she most definitely understands tough times) around the fact that we cause our own suffering by wanting ‘what is’ to be different. If it’s something that you can’t change then the only way to be at peace is to identify what you need to move forward (for her it was fundraising for charity in her daughter’s name) and to accept and move on. Not always easy to do but makes complete sense.

I hope you’re feeling better soon, you’ve undoubtedly overcome so much to get to where you are now xx

Yeah I totally understand I can’t change the past for now and I have to sit my manic ass down and be patient for the OPs days

And I’m doing all I can to focus on the steps I’m taking. Even if it’s one at a time I’m going in the right direction now x

I guess on my low moments I can’t help but hold myself accountable for “feeling late”

Which it isn’t true because I still have all my 30s and 40s and 50s etc to look forward to as the girl who forged herself xx

I just have very conflicted feelings split in two. The rational me and the irrational me "

You're still young, and have decades ahead of you.

You don't want to be 80 saying to yourself "I wish...".

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Your thoughts and feelings are absolutely valid Kylie. It's not healthy to pretend we don't have those thoughts and feelings, and you also sound fully aware to not stagnate on them as well, as only you can propel yourself forwards emotionally and physically.

You're also raising awareness with your openness for the next generation x

over a year ago

"Your thoughts and feelings are absolutely valid Kylie. It's not healthy to pretend we don't have those thoughts and feelings, and you also sound fully aware to not stagnate on them as well, as only you can propel yourself forwards emotionally and physically.

You're also raising awareness with your openness for the next generation x "

Thanks!!!

I really hope so that I can raise awareness too for others who are in my situation or aren’t but are curious to know about my whole journey

Because you hear anything these days , including shit from people who never had this “problem” themselves saying things like

“I’d just brush it off if my 4-5 yrs old son told me he is a girl and forget about it because it’s just ridiculous”

That’s what my parents did (bless them they didn’t have the right tools) , and here I am, having self hated myself for years , clearly late to the party

But hey, at least I didn’t let my fears win for too too long and I’ve been making it happen. Like literally making it happen x

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

All that is so valid and natural. Im not a fan of the 'spilt milk' saying.. Im more of a believer of cry over the spilt milk! I mean, don't drown in it.. But it's totally OK to grieve and acknowledge the harshness of our tough life experiences and disappointments.

It sounds like you are pro active and put your focus on here and now for the majority of the time.

I always think when the critical voice turns up its important to not just sweep her away or pretend it's not there. Try saying hiya and then apply loads of self compassion.. Because standing next to the critical voice (we've all got em!) is the part of you which still grieves for what might have been. It's hard that you didn't get the support you feel you needed to go ahead at the time. Child/teen you needed back up and you didn't get enough.

It's just part of your ongoing healing process to acknowledge all of that. There are complex layers to your experience that lots of us don't come close to exoeriencing.

But teen you needed back up to make those decisions happen, and rightly so. It's not your fault that you didn't get to it.

You've made it happen when you are more than ready in all areas including back up. Maybe now you have enough of your own emotional stability and knowing AND support to go ahead.

What a journey..no wonder you have these days. Let it flow through. No 'shoulds'. You'll be back on it in no time and better equipped having shed some old grief!

over a year ago

"All that is so valid and natural. Im not a fan of the 'spilt milk' saying.. Im more of a believer of cry over the spilt milk! I mean, don't drown in it.. But it's totally OK to grieve and acknowledge the harshness of our tough life experiences and disappointments.

It sounds like you are pro active and put your focus on here and now for the majority of the time.

I always think when the critical voice turns up its important to not just sweep her away or pretend it's not there. Try saying hiya and then apply loads of self compassion.. Because standing next to the critical voice (we've all got em!) is the part of you which still grieves for what might have been. It's hard that you didn't get the support you feel you needed to go ahead at the time. Child/teen you needed back up and you didn't get enough.

It's just part of your ongoing healing process to acknowledge all of that. There are complex layers to your experience that lots of us don't come close to exoeriencing.

But teen you needed back up to make those decisions happen, and rightly so. It's not your fault that you didn't get to it.

You've made it happen when you are more than ready in all areas including back up. Maybe now you have enough of your own emotional stability and knowing AND support to go ahead.

What a journey..no wonder you have these days. Let it flow through. No 'shoulds'. You'll be back on it in no time and better equipped having shed some old grief!

"

Thanks for this, this has really grounded me and yes you are right, teen me didn’t have the help that I needed…

that’s why with some people I know in a similar situation, recently … I did say this to her in real life…”please if you need anything, contacts for doctors or therapists or just someone to talk to who understands it truly, don’t be afraid to ask me whenever you feel ready…” and that’s all I needed to hear back then and I hope this helped her in her own journey!

Yes I get days of self doubts where I’m extremely critical about myself (the voices that I had before that said none in your life will accept you are still there, maybe with a lot less intensity but they are there saying other things … like see you are so late and now it’s messing your life upside down and you will never be truly happy once done anyway)

I just need to breathe in, be kind to myself, and think that tomorrow is a day closer to future Kylie x

By *arol321Woman
over a year ago

Poole

As I was feeling very low after surgery my daughter recently bought me a card that said:

Your best, no matter what that looks like today, is enough.

You are always enough.

This is true of you just as much as it is of me. It’s just that sometimes we need to be reminded of it.

Keep going - you are enough and you always will be.

over a year ago

"As I was feeling very low after surgery my daughter recently bought me a card that said:

Your best, no matter what that looks like today, is enough.

You are always enough.

This is true of you just as much as it is of me. It’s just that sometimes we need to be reminded of it.

Keep going - you are enough and you always will be. "

Awww carol !!! Thank you

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I messaged you

You never got back

You

over a year ago