Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How far would you travel

Jump to newest

By *iscreteguy1287 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

As the title says.... how far would you be willing to travel to meet someone? Or how far have you actually travelled to meet someone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

I have travelled once almost 400miles , and they have done the same for me

over a year ago

Manchester

That's a lot of travel and that what makes it such a nice thing that they have done the same thing for you. Was it the first time you met them?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Would travel the length off the galaxy and beyond and back for the right person if they were worth it

over a year ago

"As the title says.... how far would you be willing to travel to meet someone? Or how far have you actually travelled to meet someone "

Dunno now! But I did drive from Heathrow to Alnwick (about 330miles) many years ago to meet a lady and got stood up!!

over a year ago

I've travelled from London to Newcastle forva date, and worth every mile. Ended up going up every weekend for at least 6 months

over a year ago

Manchester

"As the title says.... how far would you be willing to travel to meet someone? Or how far have you actually travelled to meet someone

Dunno now! But I did drive from Heathrow to Alnwick (about 330miles) many years ago to meet a lady and got stood up!! "

Shocking behaviour some people

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"That's a lot of travel and that what makes it such a nice thing that they have done the same thing for you. Was it the first time you met them? "

Yes was the first time , between me and some of my fab friends we do frequently this

By *rungeguyMan
over a year ago

leeds

I once traveled all the way to Canada when I were 21. 3 flights there 3 flights back. Really good time though.

over a year ago

"

Shocking behaviour some people "

As the saying goes.. Sh!t happens.. Now I'd probably book a room there, go 50/50 with them and plan a date properly lol

over a year ago

Manchester

"I once traveled all the way to Canada when I were 21. 3 flights there 3 flights back. Really good time though."

If this was a contest... you would've won it I'm sure haha

over a year ago

Manchester

"

Shocking behaviour some people

As the saying goes.. Sh!t happens.. Now I'd probably book a room there, go 50/50 with them and plan a date properly lol"

Does sound like a better plan

over a year ago

Now: 15 minutes

Before: 7 hour round trip

over a year ago

"As the title says.... how far would you be willing to travel to meet someone? Or how far have you actually travelled to meet someone "

When I've got the spare cash, an hour!

By *r Discreet 75Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

I once had a date with someone from Brighton as I live in Liverpool it was over 300 to get a train then hotel ... so we decided to meet in Spain instead £30 return flights each and €90 hotel had the weekend together for less than the train

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

45 mins is about my max. Not desperate enough to travel more

over a year ago

Once travelled from Germany to lancashire

over a year ago

"I once had a date with someone from Brighton as I live in Liverpool it was over 300 to get a train then hotel ... so we decided to meet in Spain instead £30 return flights each and €90 hotel had the weekend together for less than the train "

Omg lol

Brilliant idea......

over a year ago

We live in the arsehole of nowhere. We have to travel 90 min to the nearest cinema ffs. So we travelled for meets bit we would do it as part of a weekend away. Time for a meet and then time for us to reclaim and unwind.

over a year ago

"We live in the arsehole of nowhere. We have to travel 90 min to the nearest cinema ffs. So we travelled for meets bit we would do it as part of a weekend away. Time for a meet and then time for us to reclaim and unwind."

6 hours is the longest we went. But it was part of a 3 night tour around Ireland.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I've travelled 230 miles each way for weekend Fab meets before and when K and I became more regular I was doing about 300 miles round trip a couple of times a month.

LvM

By *orkshrCplCouple
over a year ago

Ripon

"I once had a date with someone from Brighton as I live in Liverpool it was over 300 to get a train then hotel ... so we decided to meet in Spain instead £30 return flights each and €90 hotel had the weekend together for less than the train "

This is GENIUS

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Genius

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Normally time and money constraints have me at a 200 miles range

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I’ve done just under 2 hours a few times (in different directions!). Every meet has been worth it although being spontaneous is more difficult

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Hove. Hove.

By *herry OnatopWoman
over a year ago

Just over there

I love a road trip so I'm happy to travel the length of the country! Rarely that would be just for a meet with one person though! Unless it's a regular thing! I've always got other things penciled in in case of a no show!

over a year ago

Lincoln

"I love a road trip so I'm happy to travel the length of the country! Rarely that would be just for a meet with one person though! Unless it's a regular thing! I've always got other things penciled in in case of a no show! "

Is a person per hundred miles type deal? Is a straight line or an exponential curve, anything over 300 miles must have a gangbang involved?

LvM

over a year ago

I've traveled an hour and 15 minutes, and honestly it's too far. I prefer 30-40 minutes really, otherwise I spend more time driving than I do actually meeting someone.

By *ir SupremacyMan
over a year ago

Bolton

About 800 metres x

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

About 500 miles… maybe 500 more …

over a year ago

"As the title says.... how far would you be willing to travel to meet someone? Or how far have you actually travelled to meet someone

Dunno now! But I did drive from Heathrow to Alnwick (about 330miles) many years ago to meet a lady and got stood up!!

Shocking behaviour some people "

But if you are going to get stood up, at least Alnwick is a beautiful place for it to happen

over a year ago

"About 500 miles… maybe 500 more … "

Haha

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve traveled for fab. In fact I’ve done a lot of travelling for fab!

The longest was over 300 miles each way.

I seem to be the embodiment of the fab curse. It would be nice to meet someone fairly local

over a year ago

Well when Danish and I first met she was adamant she wouldn't date anyone further than 50 miles away

I lived almost 60 but now we're married

Doughnut

By *herry OnatopWoman
over a year ago

Just over there

"I love a road trip so I'm happy to travel the length of the country! Rarely that would be just for a meet with one person though! Unless it's a regular thing! I've always got other things penciled in in case of a no show!

Is a person per hundred miles type deal? Is a straight line or an exponential curve, anything over 300 miles must have a gangbang involved?

LvM"

Oh you've seen and read the contract then? Sign on the dotted line and I'll see you in 300 miles

over a year ago

Lincoln

"I love a road trip so I'm happy to travel the length of the country! Rarely that would be just for a meet with one person though! Unless it's a regular thing! I've always got other things penciled in in case of a no show!

LvM

Oh you've seen and read the contract then? Sign on the dotted line and I'll see you in 300 miles "

How does this work, do I take a ticket or something...?

LvM

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"About 500 miles… maybe 500 more …

Haha "

You’re singing it now though aren’t you

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've flown to England a few times in the past but now it would be no more than an hour due to time and work restraints.

If it's a first meet I've found there is always a certain level of expectation linked to the distance travelled which isn't ideal for a social.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

If I’m really interested in someone and have been chatting a while and if they don’t have the means to travel then I’d travel a full day but would make sure I plan a trip around it and book somewhere to stay so I’m not just going to meet them. I do this quite a bit.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've travelled four hours each way for a meet before. I'd go further in the right circumstances.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I think it would depend on how interested I was in meeting the person and how nice an area they live in for exploring.

In the past I've booked somewhere without telling them so there's no weird pressure/expectations, pottered around exploring and then had a social with them. I don't mind driving or taking the train so a few hours is fine by me.

over a year ago

Lincoln

"I think it would depend on how interested I was in meeting the person and how nice an area they live in for exploring.

In the past I've booked somewhere without telling them so there's no weird pressure/expectations, pottered around exploring and then had a social with them. I don't mind driving or taking the train so a few hours is fine by me."

Sounds like a good plan, it gives you an excuse to explore a new place too, even if plans fall away

LvM

over a year ago

As far as my car battery charge gives me there and back and thats it..

By *irmingham_Sissy_MaidTV/TS
over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

I prefer to stay within an hours drive although I would make exceptions for the right person/people.

over a year ago

Manchester

"As far as my car battery charge gives me there and back and thats it.. "

Have a car meet at a car charging point then you can charge your car while you're busy with the meet haha

By *aseMan
over a year ago

Gourock

Probably about 70miles

over a year ago

Manchester

"I think it would depend on how interested I was in meeting the person and how nice an area they live in for exploring.

In the past I've booked somewhere without telling them so there's no weird pressure/expectations, pottered around exploring and then had a social with them. I don't mind driving or taking the train so a few hours is fine by me."

That is nice and so thoughtful x

Post new Message to Thread