Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all,

How important are verifications to you? If you see someone has 100s of verifications does it make you more or less interested?

Ive not met anyone yet but can verify so wondered how much it matters?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They make interesting reads

over a year ago

"They make interesting reads "

Just a shame i cant read yours lol

By *yrdsisWoman
over a year ago

Gleam Street

They're useful... and often amusing

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Not that important I've met people with none and I've met people who have loads of veris.

I take them with a pinch of salt and make my own mind up about people .

In saying that the odd time they will make me avoid meeting someone if I see they have recently been veried by some of the more well dramatic people on here I can't be arsed with the drama it can entail .

over a year ago

"They're useful... and often amusing"

Very amusing....... box of frogs lol

over a year ago

"Not that important I've met people with none and I've met people who have loads of veris.

In saying that the odd time they will make me avoid meeting someone if I see they have recently been veried by some of the more well dramatic people on here I can't be arsed with the drama it can entail ."

This is my point exactly. I think too many can sometimes be seen as a negative maybe.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I just like to see they're not a murderer. I don't really read too much into the trip advisor reviews bit.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

They have their uses for getting into socials that require them. If someone has been on-site for quite some time, chances are they've accumulated a fair few. Not all will be play meets either

By *yrdsisWoman
over a year ago

Gleam Street

"They're useful... and often amusing

Very amusing....... box of frogs lol"

Yep...he's not wrong

over a year ago

"They're useful... and often amusing

Very amusing....... box of frogs lol

Yep...he's not wrong "

Haha a typical example of a great verification. But frogs lol

over a year ago

I’d rather meet someone with verifications than none at all

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

We have met with people who had none and with people who have hundreds. Some people organise social events so can rapidly build up a high number. We look at them but they arent the deciding factor.

over a year ago

"I’d rather meet someone with verifications than none at all "

Yeah can appreciate that 100 percent.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

"They have their uses for getting into socials that require them. If someone has been on-site for quite some time, chances are they've accumulated a fair few. Not all will be play meets either"

We host socials.. lost all our old ones so re started in 2019. We only meet verified people and the bulk of our veris come from socials, not play dates. There's also webcam veris as well I guess (though not in our case really).

Honestly...people who get up their own bums about people "having too many" don't understand context and are on the wrong site.

Was hilarious when we saw a profile a while ago that said "won't meet people with more than 20 veris" whilst having 98 meet in person veris themselves.

Fab does have some odd ones...

over a year ago

I enjoy reading them, and then get halfway through and feel like I'm on a trip advisor page.

Webcam veris do put me off though.

Our first meet met us when we didn't have any veris (lucky sods we were!). I'd consider meeting someone with no veris but only if I did enough due diligence. Maybe a few extra photos to make sure they're not fake.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Not that important I've met people with none and I've met people who have loads of veris.

In saying that the odd time they will make me avoid meeting someone if I see they have recently been veried by some of the more well dramatic people on here I can't be arsed with the drama it can entail .

This is my point exactly. I think too many can sometimes be seen as a negative maybe."

.no I don't see too many as negative the number doesn't bother me .I've just learned it's easier to avoid drama that some people thrive on.

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I use the veris all the time, give me some hope they are genuine. Also a great read!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The number of verifications someone has doesn't normally influence me one way or the other but the content often does.

If I'm chatting to someone and they are constantly complaining about what others are doing and who they are meeting and their own verification trail is directly linked to those they are whinging about it is an immediate red flag.

I often wonder if the people who verified them knew what was being said and shared about them to others would they be so keen to meet them again?

over a year ago

"They have their uses for getting into socials that require them. If someone has been on-site for quite some time, chances are they've accumulated a fair few. Not all will be play meets either

We host socials.. lost all our old ones so re started in 2019. We only meet verified people and the bulk of our veris come from socials, not play dates. There's also webcam veris as well I guess (though not in our case really).

Honestly...people who get up their own bums about people "having too many" don't understand context and are on the wrong site.

Was hilarious when we saw a profile a while ago that said "won't meet people with more than 20 veris" whilst having 98 meet in person veris themselves.

Fab does have some odd ones... "

Haha this is hilarious

over a year ago

Think i need to look into getting verified then.

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I'm more wary of men with no veris but that doesn't necessarily mean I won't meet him. A high number wouldn't bother me

By *rad670Man
over a year ago

South Lakes

The y have been very important to me, I would still be sat just browsing the forums and looking at pictures if I hadn't got my first cam and social verification then some very nice meet veris. I also like to see what a persons character is like through theirs, I don't mind lots of veris as it proves they are very sociable people and actually do meet and not just wasting peoples time.

By *eedleinahaystackMan
over a year ago

London/Essex

I like to see some. Especially if they have been on the site some months. Otherwise it’s rings out time waster or fake. It’s a sex/swinging site so realistically if they have 1 or 200 the number wouldn’t put me off personally.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Verifications were important in the beginning as they would show I was genuine and not a time waster. They served to open up more opportunities for me.

They are amusing, tell a tale and offer vivid memories of the memorable encounters.

The more time I spent here the less they meant. After a certain stage displaying them begins to cause more trouble than they're worth. I'd still happily provide one but would request they keep it private as I would do with theirs.

over a year ago

I dont read profiles of others so im not so fussy as for my own i currently only have one as im so so new

By *eedleinahaystackMan
over a year ago

London/Essex

I can relate to this.. my last spell on fab 4/5 years ago I had a few verifications popping up weekly and it did seem to cause some small issues. I haven’t posted one for some time as just back on but guess I’ll probably need a new one at some point to keep my profile current.

over a year ago

4 published veris max.

over a year ago

As it's been said before, you get a sense of if the person is a timewaster or genuine.. Yeah I've only got 2 but they meant a lot to get! Veris' from Socials are good as most of the time you can see that someone can hold a conversation and the other person remembers them.. (hoping to add more soon if I meet someone)

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

I’m not even looking unless they have over 1000

over a year ago

They dont matter to me in the way that I wouldn't meet someone wasn't verified.

It can be useful especially when meeting couples or single ladies because they are the profiles most likely to be people pretending to be someone they are not.

All a verification does is tell you the person probably is who they say they are and that they have turned up for a meet.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Just another facet of data about someone that could be helpful.

Some people suggest that you'd appreciate veris that highlight they are reliable and not fantasists

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Useful for reliability purposes and to indicate if someone is safe or not. (Reading between the lines)

over a year ago

One of my friends on here who I've known for nearly 4 years once said to me that he doesn't show all his veri's as it's not a diary. Yet, he's displayed about 13 veri's within the last few months. Go figure!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

The quantity of them does not bother me, the quality of his meets does bother me...

over a year ago

I used to like lots of veris to read through. You get a good sense that a person is safe above everything, when you plan to just dissapear off up a motorway and meet a stranger in a hotel room.

over a year ago

"The quantity of them does not bother me, the quality of his meets does bother me..."

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I met a man who was verified by someone I knew so guessed he would be genuine. He turned out to be at least 10yrs older and six inches shorter.

over a year ago

"Hi all,

How important are verifications to you? If you see someone has 100s of verifications does it make you more or less interested?

Ive not met anyone yet but can verify so wondered how much it matters?"

I only really use them to see what type of people they meet. If a couple or single woman's age range is 18-99 or at least includes my age in their filters but they have only ever met people in their 40s and 50s and up, I probably won't message.

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

I would meet an unverified person for coffee for example but would never invite them to a party if no one has met them.

I would invite someone to a party if they are known and recommended (as a sound individual) by someone I trust or if they have repeated similar feedback on veris which I like the sound of and we have clicked online

So I would take feedback from individuals I trust above a veri but veris are important to me.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

My guts always goes first to meet profiles that are verified, but i have met profiles who they don't have verifications simply because they don't want

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

In the spirit of another thread helping out unverified profiles I chatted to someone a month or so ago. They had contacted me initially through a verification I had left for a woman who was local to them.

Within 24 hours they became very pushy asking to meet and I declined. Then they used the verification route again and contacted someone else I had verified and told them to back off and became abusive.

When challenged they said they were doing me a favour and started bodyshaming.

For that reason I now have unverified profiles blocked and won't be engaging with anymore under any circumstances.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

This is my point exactly. I think too many can sometimes be seen as a negative maybe."

I’m not sure how many verifications someone would have before someone thought negatively of them for having them. It’s possible to pick up loads of veris from a social so numbers alone seem a rather poorly thought out method of making such decisions.

Post new Message to Thread