FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why is introducing myself so terrifying?

Jump to newest

By *unandgamegeek OP   Man
over a year ago

Bolton

When it comes to approaching a new face to say hello whenever I'm at a club, I don't do or say anything.

I'm scared of what they might say. Will they say hello back or will they tell me to get lost?

I've been like this as long as I can remember and it makes me feel less confident in myself.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

Just be yourself everyone is there for the same reason x there's no shame in starting a Convo even if it doesn't go anywhere x don't stress it just enjoy and go with no pre Conceived ideas of playing just go for drinks and if stuff happens it happens x if not then just have a laugh and get some practice chatting and becoming more comfy x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You have a right to exist.

Don't wait for permission to take part in life.

Are you alone or with others ?

Do you mean a swingers club or some other social situation ?

over a year ago

Bolton

"You have a right to exist.

Don't wait for permission to take part in life.

Are you alone or with others ?

Do you mean a swingers club or some other social situation ? "

I would be fine when I meet up with someone I know at a swinging club but if I'm on my own, that's where I'm stuck.

over a year ago

Bolton

"Just be yourself everyone is there for the same reason x there's no shame in starting a Convo even if it doesn't go anywhere x don't stress it just enjoy and go with no pre Conceived ideas of playing just go for drinks and if stuff happens it happens x if not then just have a laugh and get some practice chatting and becoming more comfy x "

I always make sure I go to a club with zero expectations. I can understand that others go for the same reason but even so, I still struggle.

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

Just be natural but you gotta just get the courage and get in there if anything it will be a polite no in a club rather than the harshness you can get out in the real world x good luck you got this x

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I can’t see why people would tell someone to get lost if they politely say hello to them unless I’m that naive ..We are not looking for men sexually but we’ve met some lovely men in group socials that we’ve had lovely conversations with.Just be yourself if someone chooses to ignore you then that’s on them not you.

By *uietly_KinkyMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

"I can’t see why people would tell someone to get lost if they politely say hello to them unless I’m that naive ..We are not looking for men sexually but we’ve met some lovely men in group socials that we’ve had lovely conversations with.Just be yourself if someone chooses to ignore you then that’s on them not you."

I'm afraid to say you're that naive.

over a year ago

Bolton

"Just be natural but you gotta just get the courage and get in there if anything it will be a polite no in a club rather than the harshness you can get out in the real world x good luck you got this x"

I wish it was that easy. If I see someone that looks nice, my mind wants me to go over there but my body does nothing. It's like I'm walking into a brick wall. I try to muster the courage up but end up being too late when I see they're talking to someone else.

over a year ago

Bolton

My autism makes it more hard to introduce myself as I can't read social cues.

By *uietly_KinkyMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

"Just be natural but you gotta just get the courage and get in there if anything it will be a polite no in a club rather than the harshness you can get out in the real world x good luck you got this x

I wish it was that easy. If I see someone that looks nice, my mind wants me to go over there but my body does nothing. It's like I'm walking into a brick wall. I try to muster the courage up but end up being too late when I see they're talking to someone else."

That sounds painfully familiar.

over a year ago

Bolton

"Just be natural but you gotta just get the courage and get in there if anything it will be a polite no in a club rather than the harshness you can get out in the real world x good luck you got this x

I wish it was that easy. If I see someone that looks nice, my mind wants me to go over there but my body does nothing. It's like I'm walking into a brick wall. I try to muster the courage up but end up being too late when I see they're talking to someone else.

That sounds painfully familiar."

How familiar?

By *uietly_KinkyMan
over a year ago

High Wycombe

How familiar?"

The paralysis until the moment's passed.

over a year ago

Bolton

How familiar?

The paralysis until the moment's passed."

Yeah. I see what you mean.

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple
over a year ago

Fucksville

"My autism makes it more hard to introduce myself as I can't read social cues."

You need a wing man or woman x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"When it comes to approaching a new face to say hello whenever I'm at a club, I don't do or say anything.

I'm scared of what they might say. Will they say hello back or will they tell me to get lost?

I've been like this as long as I can remember and it makes me feel less confident in myself."

They're probably feeling the same thing. Nothing to worry about. If you make a mistake. You've learned something new.

Or putting it politely, you may be not their type. You shouldn't take it to heart. I know it's awkward and you may feel rejected, but don't worry about it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"When it comes to approaching a new face to say hello whenever I'm at a club, I don't do or say anything.

I've been like this as long as I can remember and it makes me feel less confident in myself."

All that stems from childhood.

Trace back to any experience's you had that made you feel a way to how you are now as an adult.

over a year ago

Bolton

I've been like this as long as I can remember and it makes me feel less confident in myself.

They're probably feeling the same thing. Nothing to worry about. If you make a mistake. You've learned something new.

Or putting it politely, you may be not their type. You shouldn't take it to heart. I know it's awkward and you may feel rejected, but don't worry about it. "

True but the problem is with me having Asperger's, I'm not good at reading social cues.

over a year ago

Bolton

All that stems from childhood.

Trace back to any experience's you had that made you feel a way to how you are now as an adult."

The only things I can remember from my childhood is being bullied, feeling like I was ugly and no one would like me.

Perhaps these could be what is causing my social anxiety.

Post new Message to Thread