Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When you take it off fab.....

Jump to newest

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

A Sunday pondering from my bathtub (and not aimed at anyone at all, just a musing)....

So. You know when there's someone you like.... and they like you.... and you have a private conversation on here about meeting then get all excited and move it "off fab"

And you talk. And talk. Do you find that you've talked your way into the friendzone? That actually meeting for the potential sexy times is absolutely not on the cards any more?

I've had this happen a few times now, and actually it has been really, really good. My best mate started out as a potential sexy times meet and yet.... never happened. Never going to happen. I've slept with him more than any other man on fab and we've never even sniffed at sex with each other (and he's all sexy n shiz but just ).

I've also had it where the frustration and sexual tension has built and built to the point of "I must have you now". So swings and roundabouts I guess.

Is there a way of stopping that happening? Are you happy with it happening? Do you avoid it by just chatting a little then leaping into the sexy times? Is it just a lockdown and post lockdown thing where we couldn't and now we can we don't?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I seem to talk everything into friends zone

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

This is why I hate planning meets too far ahead.

There’s a delicate balance between ghosting eachother and talking too much that the meet is either boring or expectations are too high.

Short notice social are better. Everyone has time for a 30 minute drink, and if you don’t. Message when you do. I’ll learn more about someone in a 30 minute drink than I will in weeks of txting. So let’s not fool eachother

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I seem to talk everything into friends zone "

I sent you boobs. You ain't there yet.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"This is why I hate planning meets too far ahead.

There’s a delicate balance between ghosting eachother and talking too much that the meet is either boring or expectations are too high.

Short notice social are better. Everyone has time for a 30 minute drink, and if you don’t. Message when you do. I’ll learn more about someone in a 30 minute drink than I will in weeks of txting. So let’s not fool eachother "

That's fair. I don't necessarily agree, because sometimes not everyone has time for a 30 minute drink.

over a year ago

"I seem to talk everything into friends zone

I sent you boobs. You ain't there yet."

Keep the sexy times rolling

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Short notice social are better. Everyone has time for a 30 minute drink, and if you don’t. Message when you do. I’ll learn more about someone in a 30 minute drink than I will in weeks of txting. So let’s not fool eachother

That's fair. I don't necessarily agree, because sometimes not everyone has time for a 30 minute drink."

Everyone does, or they aren’t meeting.

I don’t mean right now. But just eventually. Don’t bore eachother with messages until that eventually turns up

over a year ago

I prefer being friends. If anything ever happens you are more comfortable with each other.

For me there has to be a real connection

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think you have to get down to it pretty quickly, to avoid that... I find I just lose interest, but I have a short attention span.

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

I don't think so. Not all talks can be about sex all the time. Think I tried that and sometimes just chatting about everything and anything can reveal some connections too. I was quite surprised to find we had quite a lot in common so it made that wait for a meet that much more worthwhile. Hope that makes sense

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I seem to talk everything into friends zone

I sent you boobs. You ain't there yet.

Keep the sexy times rolling "

Yeah baby

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I think I'm too blunt for that...if I've been interested in meeting then I've always made it very plain early on. It's scared some people off because apparently I'm "too forward" though

By *oveGiving44Man
over a year ago

Bristol

This happened to me once. We couldn't quite settle on a date to meet. It went on for a few weeks and by the time we could arrange something it was too late: friend zone!

over a year ago

Only once so far and that wasn’t even taking it off here

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Happens to me lots, some of my very best friends are people that I've first chatted to here on the forums, and it's gone to friendship without sex ever happening. Maybe it's just the way I am, maybe it's because I fit into a difficult sexual dynamic. But I value genuine friendship much more highly than a quick shag (though yes, sometimes I do feel that the chance would be a fine thing).

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

That's fair. I don't necessarily agree, because sometimes not everyone has time for a 30 minute drink.

I don’t mean right now. But just eventually. Don’t bore eachother with messages until that eventually turns up "

But that 30 minute drink could involve 2 hours of travel potentially. Or more.

So are you saying send the message, know you want each other and then that's it until you've got time?

over a year ago

I friendzone EVERYONE, just happens. I’m fine with it though

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I don’t mean right now. But just eventually. Don’t bore eachother with messages until that eventually turns up

But that 30 minute drink could involve 2 hours of travel potentially. Or more.

So are you saying send the message, know you want each other and then that's it until you've got time? "

Yeah basically. I mean personally I wouldn’t travel 2 hours for anyone, but that’s me

But otherwise, I think it’s best to just establish your both interested, then leave it until you can both meet

I’m not overly keen on loads of txting.

over a year ago

Short notice social are better. Everyone has time for a 30 minute drink, and if you don’t. Message when you do. I’ll learn more about someone in a 30 minute drink than I will in weeks of txting. So let’s not fool eachother "

Agreed. Absolutely.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I prefer being friends. If anything ever happens you are more comfortable with each other.

For me there has to be a real connection "

I do too. But I do wonder at what point it goes from "we are friends who want to be naked and sexy" to "we are friends who don't give a toss if we are naked or wearing pjs as long as we get 8 hours sleep and if you wake up with a morning glory I'm gonna flick it away from me". Y'know?

over a year ago

I do this a lot ….. sex talk is only so much but I like to have a connection with someone, then that connection comes to how’s the family and you start talking about life….. then your in the friend zone …. But it’s good as it’s good to talk xxx

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think you have to get down to it pretty quickly, to avoid that... I find I just lose interest, but I have a short attention span."

I think I found patience (and frustration) over lockdown. I used to have a shorter span I think.

over a year ago

"I prefer being friends. If anything ever happens you are more comfortable with each other.

I do too. But I do wonder at what point it goes from "we are friends who want to be naked and sexy" to "we are friends who don't give a toss if we are naked or wearing pjs as long as we get 8 hours sleep and if you wake up with a morning glory I'm gonna flick it away from me". Y'know?"

I find this fascinating. It's happened to me but it's also happened that when the mood hits, it HITS

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I don't think so. Not all talks can be about sex all the time. Think I tried that and sometimes just chatting about everything and anything can reveal some connections too. I was quite surprised to find we had quite a lot in common so it made that wait for a meet that much more worthwhile. Hope that makes sense "

It absolutely does. That's the other way it has gone for me... more connection and friendship yet no friendzone.

over a year ago

I do too. But I do wonder at what point it goes from "we are friends who want to be naked and sexy" to "we are friends who don't give a toss if we are naked or wearing pjs as long as we get 8 hours sleep and if you wake up with a morning glory I'm gonna flick it away from me". Y'know?"

It will happen at different times with different people but when it happens you both know. I just enjoy the conversation and expect nothing. If it happens it happens

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think I'm too blunt for that...if I've been interested in meeting then I've always made it very plain early on. It's scared some people off because apparently I'm "too forward" though "

Ugh. That fine line.... but at least you know if they can't handle the blunt I guess.

I tend to waver from subtle as a wrecking ball to far too shy to even admit there is an attraction.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I think you have to get down to it pretty quickly, to avoid that... I find I just lose interest, but I have a short attention span.

I think I found patience (and frustration) over lockdown. I used to have a shorter span I think."

Patience is a virtue... Just not one of mine

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"This happened to me once. We couldn't quite settle on a date to meet. It went on for a few weeks and by the time we could arrange something it was too late: friend zone!"

Was the chemistry not there when you met?

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Only once so far and that wasn’t even taking it off here "

You move quickly! That's a positive.... now just move in the opposite direction.....

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Happens to me lots, some of my very best friends are people that I've first chatted to here on the forums, and it's gone to friendship without sex ever happening. Maybe it's just the way I am, maybe it's because I fit into a difficult sexual dynamic. But I value genuine friendship much more highly than a quick shag (though yes, sometimes I do feel that the chance would be a fine thing). "

I do too. Genuine friendship is so important and I've been lucky like you. Very lucky.

over a year ago

"Only once so far and that wasn’t even taking it off here

You move quickly! That's a positive.... now just move in the opposite direction....."

Most don’t even get to the point where it can be friendzone

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I friendzone EVERYONE, just happens. I’m fine with it though "

I'm completely fine with it too.... just musing lol.

Do you think the friendzone can ever be "escaped"?

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I do this a lot ….. sex talk is only so much but I like to have a connection with someone, then that connection comes to how’s the family and you start talking about life….. then your in the friend zone …. But it’s good as it’s good to talk xxx"

I don't think that connection always leads to friendzone. I've got a friend who I've got that connection with and we talk about life a lot. But we also fully intend to have naked sexy times when we can.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

I do too. But I do wonder at what point it goes from "we are friends who want to be naked and sexy" to "we are friends who don't give a toss if we are naked or wearing pjs as long as we get 8 hours sleep and if you wake up with a morning glory I'm gonna flick it away from me". Y'know?

I find this fascinating. It's happened to me but it's also happened that when the mood hits, it HITS"

Oh jesus. I do hope it doesn't hit with him and me. That would be weird. And awkward

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

It will happen at different times with different people but when it happens you both know. I just enjoy the conversation and expect nothing. If it happens it happens "

What if you don't both know? That would be awkward....

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think you have to get down to it pretty quickly, to avoid that... I find I just lose interest, but I have a short attention span.

I think I found patience (and frustration) over lockdown. I used to have a shorter span I think.

Patience is a virtue... Just not one of mine "

Not gonna beat around the bush here.... it wouldn't be one of mine if it didn't need to be

over a year ago

I’ve had meets like that and the only thing that I must say was the big pressure I felt before meeting but a lot of the times I say that knowing that somehow we vibed, was a good indication that we’d have get on as people even when sexy time was over and wanted to go grab breakfast in the morning , say. Or take them round the city for a night tour (this has happened) x x

We’d have had the best laughs cos of I knew already a lot about them and what they liked

I have fond memories of meets like that to be fair.

So yeah, I don’t know what my point is

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

You move quickly! That's a positive.... now just move in the opposite direction.....

Most don’t even get to the point where it can be friendzone "

So send messages! Get into the friendzone

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

If I have feelings that I want to keep him then I push him into the friendzone but this one comes with benefits

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I’ve had meets like that and the only thing that I must say was the big pressure I felt before meeting but a lot of the times I say that knowing that somehow we vibed, was a good indication that we’d have get on as people even when sexy time was over and wanted to go grab breakfast in the morning , say. Or take them round the city for a night tour (this has happened) x x

We’d have had the best laughs cos of I knew already a lot about them and what they liked

So yeah, I don’t know what my point is "

So were these meets where sexy time didn't happen?

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"If I have feelings that I want to keep him then I push him into the friendzone but this one comes with benefits

"

That's my favourite friendzone.... but I mean the no benefit kind of zone.....

over a year ago

Same. I won't do sex chat with someone I haven't met in person.

Also no harm in meeting someone as a friend.

over a year ago

Most don’t even get to the point where it can be friendzone

So send messages! Get into the friendzone "

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Not into the friend zone as such but I lose the excitement that I’ve built up in my head around them. It feels a bit flat.

Then when we meet it’s either magic or meh.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"If I have feelings that I want to keep him then I push him into the friendzone but this one comes with benefits

That's my favourite friendzone.... but I mean the no benefit kind of zone....."

If I push them into that Friendzone then I do not find any attraction to them, when we meet if there is also no chemistry then in they go and there is no coming out

over a year ago

"I’ve had meets like that and the only thing that I must say was the big pressure I felt before meeting but a lot of the times I say that knowing that somehow we vibed, was a good indication that we’d have get on as people even when sexy time was over and wanted to go grab breakfast in the morning , say. Or take them round the city for a night tour (this has happened) x x

So yeah, I don’t know what my point is

So were these meets where sexy time didn't happen?"

It was more like… don’t push for sexy time because it might spoil things , but yeah sexy times happens always … some-fucking-how

Even when refraining x

But I didn’t promise it at all, it just happened

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

Same. I won't do sex chat with someone I haven't met in person.

Also no harm in meeting someone as a friend. "

Absolutely no harm.... we need to have a coffee when the stars align!

Doesn't even need to be sex chat... although actually that's sent people into the friendzone on occasion

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Not into the friend zone as such but I lose the excitement that I’ve built up in my head around them. It feels a bit flat.

Then when we meet it’s either magic or meh."

I get that totally!

I always go in with no promises or expectations. Just hopes

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

That's my favourite friendzone.... but I mean the no benefit kind of zone.....

If I push them into that Friendzone then I do not find any attraction to them, when we meet if there is also no chemistry then in they go and there is no coming out "

You're still my hero. I can't wait for Northampton!!

over a year ago

Also I find sometimes talking lots, sometimes makes you more invested in people if you vibe, you know that dynamite feeling? X

over a year ago

Depends on the chat direction

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Show me your tits x

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Erm not really. I'm not sure how much I believe in the friend zone (but I don't want to derail the thread!).

I don't know if I do things the wrong way but I need to be friends in order to find someone more sexually attractive in more than a bit of a quick fap way (like Hiddleston). So people can't be "friendzoned" because that's where they start, if that makes sense. Sometimes it changes (I almost typed goes further but relationship anarchy!) and has a sexual element but that only happens if I have a sort of "connection" with them through shared things and conversations.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

If you’ve talked yourself into the friendzone you were likely always going to end up there and thats not always a bad thing. It just means that the conversation turned from sexy sexy talk to more meaningful conversation.

Id rather have a friend than a one off meet, as that friend will bring me more happiness than a few hours of play.

There are plenty of people on here I have no desire to get dirty with, but would relish the opportunity to chew the fat over dinner with.

As well as a few that I’d enjoy getting dirty with during dinner!

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

"A Sunday pondering from my bathtub (and not aimed at anyone at all, just a musing)....

So. You know when there's someone you like.... and they like you.... and you have a private conversation on here about meeting then get all excited and move it "off fab"

And you talk. And talk. Do you find that you've talked your way into the friendzone? That actually meeting for the potential sexy times is absolutely not on the cards any more?

I've had this happen a few times now, and actually it has been really, really good. My best mate started out as a potential sexy times meet and yet.... never happened. Never going to happen. I've slept with him more than any other man on fab and we've never even sniffed at sex with each other (and he's all sexy n shiz but just ).

I've also had it where the frustration and sexual tension has built and built to the point of "I must have you now". So swings and roundabouts I guess.

Is there a way of stopping that happening? Are you happy with it happening? Do you avoid it by just chatting a little then leaping into the sexy times? Is it just a lockdown and post lockdown thing where we couldn't and now we can we don't?"

You know my answer to that pretty much all the time

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It’s a tricky one. Talking is good and I love to know I can have a laugh with that person. That’s a big part of fab for me. Knowing that after the (for example) bent over the desk action, you can still have a good laugh too. Basically friends with benefits.

Sure there’s the danger that constant nattering causes the sexual side of things to diminish but, still a friend gained though

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"Also I find sometimes talking lots, sometimes makes you more invested in people if you vibe, you know that dynamite feeling? X"

This is it for me. The person I'm closest to on here I have a lot of love for, even though we've not met. The better I know him the more I like him and the more I'd like to jump his bones. We might never meet, but if we do I'd still fancy the arse off him (whether he would feel the same way is subject to considerable doubt though!).

I do get the friendzone thing, and it's something I mentioned at a social last week. I've been having socials for well over 12 months with one guy and I wondered if it would feel awkward at this point to push it further than a social.

I'm not sure whether FWB in our case will work after spending so long on the friendship without even mentioning the benefits!

We will give it a bash at some point, but at least there's enough of a friendship there that if it does feel awkward I think we'll be able to laugh about it and move past it to retain the friendship rather than finding it mortifying and cutting contact.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I very rarely take it off fab these days. A few people I’ve met and trust have my WhatsApp. Used to have loads on kik but changed my kik last year and only have a few people now really. I’ve made more friends than anything else on here which I didn’t really expect. Like Meli said I have to be friends first before anything else happens anyway. The only time it’s stayed as friends is if we’ve met and not really felt it. I don’t tend to take it off here if I don’t intend to meet someone x

over a year ago

"Also I find sometimes talking lots, sometimes makes you more invested in people if you vibe, you know that dynamite feeling? X

This is it for me. The person I'm closest to on here I have a lot of love for, even though we've not met. The better I know him the more I like him and the more I'd like to jump his bones. We might never meet, but if we do I'd still fancy the arse off him (whether he would feel the same way is subject to considerable doubt though!).

I do get the friendzone thing, and it's something I mentioned at a social last week. I've been having socials for well over 12 months with one guy and I wondered if it would feel awkward at this point to push it further than a social.

I'm not sure whether FWB in our case will work after spending so long on the friendship without even mentioning the benefits!

We will give it a bash at some point, but at least there's enough of a friendship there that if it does feel awkward I think we'll be able to laugh about it and move past it to retain the friendship rather than finding it mortifying and cutting contact."

Totes agree!!

over a year ago

I like to build a connection with someone that isn't just based on sex, however I like to keep the chat flirty to avoid ending up thinking of him as a mate only

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Mine always end up in the friendzone even though I often fancy the pants off them

I'm too much if a friendly chatty twit instead of being all sex talk as I'm shut at that hahaa

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I think I'm probably the most unsexy person in the world. I'm rubbish at flirting and all that. So if I didn't speak as a friend I wouldn't speak at all.

over a year ago

"I do this a lot ….. sex talk is only so much but I like to have a connection with someone, then that connection comes to how’s the family and you start talking about life….. then your in the friend zone …. But it’s good as it’s good to talk xxx"

I can so relate to this!

By *heOriginalLoisWoman
over a year ago

London

I have got to the point where I don't even chat on here with men let alone take it off elsewhere

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I generally only take it off here if a meet is set. I have casual short lived conversations with people (usually off the back of threads), and I have conversations where I'll push for a meet or the conversation dies through my lack of investment.

By *ose and her beastCouple
over a year ago

Watford

I don't think so if your already swinging surely sex with friends is even more of a benefit I don't think you can get too friendly unless it's just leading no where

over a year ago

Yep, the only ladies I talk to on here, that's how it's gone.....

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

"Mine always end up in the friendzone even though I often fancy the pants off them

I'm too much if a friendly chatty twit instead of being all sex talk as I'm shut at that hahaa"

Nothing wrong with being chatty though. I chat crap most of the time as it is.. its the shutting up bit I need to work on haha

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Also I find sometimes talking lots, sometimes makes you more invested in people if you vibe, you know that dynamite feeling? X"

It can do. It does often. But that's not the question.... it's the other end of the scale.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Depends on the chat direction"

Can you not have all kinds of chat and still want to rip clothes off each other then?

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Show me your tits x"

Again? Fine

over a year ago

"Depends on the chat direction

Can you not have all kinds of chat and still want to rip clothes off each other then?"

until you start talking grans medical needs

over a year ago

Can you not have all kinds of chat and still want to rip clothes off each other then?"

I'd rip the clothes off all of them given the opportunity, all except one who I could never contemplate sex with now. It would be too weird.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Erm not really. I'm not sure how much I believe in the friend zone (but I don't want to derail the thread!).

I don't know if I do things the wrong way but I need to be friends in order to find someone more sexually attractive in more than a bit of a quick fap way (like Hiddleston). So people can't be "friendzoned" because that's where they start, if that makes sense. Sometimes it changes (I almost typed goes further but relationship anarchy!) and has a sexual element but that only happens if I have a sort of "connection" with them through shared things and conversations."

That's exactly how I see it. The initial "aren't you attractive" moment of looking either builds with the friendship into more than an appreciation of the looks or doesn't. But even when there is a sexual desire built, sometimes I find the friendzone develops more.

As for whether that exists or not, I firmly believe it does. I just don't think there is always no way back. People change after all.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Can go either way - either sexual tension or meh just a mate. Again its timing and chemistry xx

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"If you’ve talked yourself into the friendzone you were likely always going to end up there and thats not always a bad thing. It just means that the conversation turned from sexy sexy talk to more meaningful conversation.

Id rather have a friend than a one off meet, as that friend will bring me more happiness than a few hours of play.

There are plenty of people on here I have no desire to get dirty with, but would relish the opportunity to chew the fat over dinner with.

"

I never expected to be a person with a lot of friends. But I seem to have gathered more than I ever hoped for from here. From those I'd originally thought I'd have sexy time with and won't be, to those who are amazing friends with (or likely to be with or have been with) benefits, tonthose who have never been anything but friends. And I'd keep all of them over a quick squelch and a squeeze any day.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"A Sunday pondering from my bathtub (and not aimed at anyone at all, just a musing)....

Is there a way of stopping that happening? Are you happy with it happening? Do you avoid it by just chatting a little then leaping into the sexy times? Is it just a lockdown and post lockdown thing where we couldn't and now we can we don't?

You know my answer to that pretty much all the time "

*PRETTY MUCH* being the important part gorgeous xx

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"It’s a tricky one. Talking is good and I love to know I can have a laugh with that person. That’s a big part of fab for me. Knowing that after the (for example) bent over the desk action, you can still have a good laugh too. Basically friends with benefits.

Sure there’s the danger that constant nattering causes the sexual side of things to diminish but, still a friend gained though "

Do you think the odd pervy comment during constant battering keeps that at bay?

over a year ago

I agree with that quick, unexpected meets are better. You know where you stand if they don't show up.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Also I find sometimes talking lots, sometimes makes you more invested in people if you vibe, you know that dynamite feeling? X

We will give it a bash at some point, but at least there's enough of a friendship there that if it does feel awkward I think we'll be able to laugh about it and move past it to retain the friendship rather than finding it mortifying and cutting contact."

That's the type of thing I mean.... you've got the one where the attraction has grown, but also the possible "might not work out".

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I very rarely take it off fab these days. A few people I’ve met and trust have my WhatsApp. Used to have loads on kik but changed my kik last year and only have a few people now really. I’ve made more friends than anything else on here which I didn’t really expect. Like Meli said I have to be friends first before anything else happens anyway. The only time it’s stayed as friends is if we’ve met and not really felt it. I don’t tend to take it off here if I don’t intend to meet someone x"

Is that meet, or meet with the potential for more than a social though? I chat to several people off here who I've no intention of any more than a social with after all....

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Erm not really. I'm not sure how much I believe in the friend zone (but I don't want to derail the thread!).

I don't know if I do things the wrong way but I need to be friends in order to find someone more sexually attractive in more than a bit of a quick fap way (like Hiddleston). So people can't be "friendzoned" because that's where they start, if that makes sense. Sometimes it changes (I almost typed goes further but relationship anarchy!) and has a sexual element but that only happens if I have a sort of "connection" with them through shared things and conversations.

That's exactly how I see it. The initial "aren't you attractive" moment of looking either builds with the friendship into more than an appreciation of the looks or doesn't. But even when there is a sexual desire built, sometimes I find the friendzone develops more.

As for whether that exists or not, I firmly believe it does. I just don't think there is always no way back. People change after all."

It's not quite what I said, we see it differently. Friendship first for me, then I might have the aren't you attractive moments (unless you're Loki and it's just undeniable). I don't find the friendship zone develops more because for me that's got to be the foundation. The sexual attraction is an erection plonked on. Nora and Saff are two who I know see it in the same way as me.

I never said there is no way back - my closest friend on here, we've flirted with possibility of more, swung sideways to friendship, flirted a bit etc. People do change and I'm a firm believer in that but I don't believe in a friendship zone.

By *ptowncoupleCouple
over a year ago

Sutton

"I think you have to get down to it pretty quickly, to avoid that... I find I just lose interest, but I have a short attention span."

We are straight to it. Few messages, cam chat to see if we want to arrange a meet. Then quick drink and down to it, otherwise it doesn't happen as feels like a friendship.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I like to build a connection with someone that isn't just based on sex, however I like to keep the chat flirty to avoid ending up thinking of him as a mate only"

That's the thing I mean.... the connection not based on sex. But the flirty chat keeps the spark alive. Unless it doesn't.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Mine always end up in the friendzone even though I often fancy the pants off them

I'm too much if a friendly chatty twit instead of being all sex talk as I'm shut at that hahaa"

You're not though! You do both very well!

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think I'm probably the most unsexy person in the world. I'm rubbish at flirting and all that. So if I didn't speak as a friend I wouldn't speak at all.

"

So how do you stop from losing the attraction? The attraction you have for the other person I mean.

Plus... not bad at flirting!

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I have got to the point where I don't even chat on here with men let alone take it off elsewhere "

You could if you wanted to though

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I generally only take it off here if a meet is set. I have casual short lived conversations with people (usually off the back of threads), and I have conversations where I'll push for a meet or the conversation dies through my lack of investment. "

Just a potential sexy times meet?

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I don't think so if your already swinging surely sex with friends is even more of a benefit I don't think you can get too friendly unless it's just leading no where"

Well yes. But I mean the ones where the sex spark dies and the friendship is remaining

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I generally only take it off here if a meet is set. I have casual short lived conversations with people (usually off the back of threads), and I have conversations where I'll push for a meet or the conversation dies through my lack of investment.

Just a potential sexy times meet?"

Nope. I do lots of social only meets too. I like meeting new people. But I dont need an endless list of pen pals.

By *heOriginalLoisWoman
over a year ago

London

"I have got to the point where I don't even chat on here with men let alone take it off elsewhere

You could if you wanted to though "

I have lost the mojo and too many other things outside of fab that need my time more.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

Can you not have all kinds of chat and still want to rip clothes off each other then?until you start talking grans medical needs "

I don't know. Recently my dad had a heart attack and a friend of mine has put me through the wringer with his mental health. I've talked to a friend about all of it in some depth. And we still want to rip each others clothes off. Yet another friend and I rarely talk about anything other than sex and will never be doing that with each other, despite the fact there always has been a spark and likely always will be. We just stopped thinking of each other like that.

over a year ago

I don't think I believe there is such a thing as ending up in the friendzone if there's a true sexual connection with someone. I've fairly recently met someone who I'd been chatting to for about 4 years. For various reasons we just never quite made it to meeting but when we did... wow! Definitely no friendzoning

If I feel like it's moving into friendship territory then I guess we weren't that into each other and sexy times wouldn't have been that great, so I move on.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

Can you not have all kinds of chat and still want to rip clothes off each other then?

I'd rip the clothes off all of them given the opportunity, all except one who I could never contemplate sex with now. It would be too weird."

That's the thing I'm talking about.... that switch in the brain that just says "no, not now"

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Can go either way - either sexual tension or meh just a mate. Again its timing and chemistry xx "

Maybe that's it. The timing.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I agree with that quick, unexpected meets are better. You know where you stand if they don't show up."

Fair enough!

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I’m too unsociable to take it off fab. I have one person on telegram but that’s not X rated, that’s chatting about anything and everything and I adore it!

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I generally only take it off here if a meet is set. I have casual short lived conversations with people (usually off the back of threads), and I have conversations where I'll push for a meet or the conversation dies through my lack of investment.

Just a potential sexy times meet?

Nope. I do lots of social only meets too. I like meeting new people. But I dont need an endless list of pen pals. "

I didn't mean that in any way to offend btw Heat.... was just clarifying. As "meet" can mean one thing to some and another to others...

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I don't think I believe there is such a thing as ending up in the friendzone if there's a true sexual connection with someone. I've fairly recently met someone who I'd been chatting to for about 4 years. For various reasons we just never quite made it to meeting but when we did... wow! Definitely no friendzoning

If I feel like it's moving into friendship territory then I guess we weren't that into each other and sexy times wouldn't have been that great, so I move on. "

That's pretty darn wonderful.... 4 years! Wow!

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I’m too unsociable to take it off fab. I have one person on telegram but that’s not X rated, that’s chatting about anything and everything and I adore it! "

That's perfect then

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

We tend to meet asap for a social, then meet for fun or not, as the case maybe.

Don't really go for drawn out exchanges.

That's why parties, clubs and swingers holidays suit us best.

But, as always, each to his or her own.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"I like to build a connection with someone that isn't just based on sex, however I like to keep the chat flirty to avoid ending up thinking of him as a mate only

That's the thing I mean.... the connection not based on sex. But the flirty chat keeps the spark alive. Unless it doesn't."

I'm a bear of little brain this afternoon and I'm not expressing myself well at all.

I'm shit at sex talk and flirty chat, but I'm great at general inanity and bizarre conversational diversions. I'm happy to chat to the people I'm meeting (it's hard to escape my wittering away at times!) but it's never going to be flirty chat.

For me it all starts with getting to know someone well enough to want to see them naked, which tends to entail some sort of friendship. Sometimes the friendship is relatively superficial and turns quickly to sex, occasionally it's a much deeper friendship with real love and care behind it. Either way, the friendship for me is what keeps the spark there.

If that ends up too close a friendship for sex to be comfortable then I don't think there's any way to resolve the situation as such, other than laughing it off and continuing to value the friendship.

In general though the better I get to know someone and the closer the friendship I have with them, the more I want to have sex with them.

over a year ago

My friends are people I don't want to have sex with

I'm not keen on the idea of being just friends with someone I'd really like to have sex with

over a year ago

If you send a dick pic every week, it saves you from the friend zone...

(Although you may not end up in ten zone you want to be in )

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I think I'm probably the most unsexy person in the world. I'm rubbish at flirting and all that. So if I didn't speak as a friend I wouldn't speak at all.

So how do you stop from losing the attraction? The attraction you have for the other person I mean.

Plus... not bad at flirting!"

Lol I am, and that kind of who I am. I'm far too literal I drive M mad sometimes.

But to me if it's supposed to be it'll be I guess. I was mates with M long before we got together but there was a spark. Think maybe some sparks burn for brighter and longer than others. And there isn't a hard and fast rule for it all.

over a year ago

Plus... not bad at flirting!

Lol I am, and that kind of who I am. I'm far too literal I drive M mad sometimes.

But to me if it's supposed to be it'll be I guess. I was mates with M long before we got together but there was a spark. Think maybe some sparks burn for brighter and longer than others. And there isn't a hard and fast rule for it all. "

You are not bad at flirting

At least I think you're not.

Subtle (or I read too much into comments )

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

You know my answer to that pretty much all the time

*PRETTY MUCH* being the important part gorgeous xx"

Oh I know! But the ones that friend zone and you down right kick yourself for doing it... But also makes me question did they actually look at you in any other way than as a friend

By *oveGiving44Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"This happened to me once. We couldn't quite settle on a date to meet. It went on for a few weeks and by the time we could arrange something it was too late: friend zone!

Was the chemistry not there when you met?"

We'd gone from sexy chat to the sort of chat you have with platonic friends. By the time we met it felt weird being anything other than friends. I guess that does mean the initial chemistry had gone.

By *aiseiMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Do you have a ‘Friends With Benefits’ zone….?

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"If you’ve talked yourself into the friendzone you were likely always going to end up there and thats not always a bad thing. It just means that the conversation turned from sexy sexy talk to more meaningful conversation.

I never expected to be a person with a lot of friends. But I seem to have gathered more than I ever hoped for from here. From those I'd originally thought I'd have sexy time with and won't be, to those who are amazing friends with (or likely to be with or have been with) benefits, tonthose who have never been anything but friends. And I'd keep all of them over a quick squelch and a squeeze any day."

And to me thats how you win at fab. You can fuck your way through fab and have nothing to show for it (hopefully no burning when you pee), or you can expand your circle of friends and get a lot more satisfaction, meaningful chats and people who care.

With that being said, friends can sometimes bump uglies and not affect their relationship, as long as everyone is on the same page.

Post new Message to Thread