Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Men’s ‘Fab’ heights…

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Height seems to be a contentious issue on here. Some wanting really tall 6ft++ guys, others not really that bothered. Now I’m listed as 6ft …for all you know I could be 5ft 8 …guess all you have to go on is what’s listed. The problems start to arise when meets take place.

Ladies in your experience of meeting guys how many men add on a couple of inches to their fab height? I guess it’s not much of an issue unless you’re 5ft6 and your date is listed as 5ft 10 and you think ok I can wear some four inch heels…only to turn up towering over him and it looks like you’re taking him shopping for the day.

Men (not sure who’ll own up to this) do you fab height yourself? So if you’re 5ft 8 list yourself as 5ft 10? If you’re 5ft 10 list as 6ft or if you’re 5ft 6 list yourself as 5ft 8? Or even if you’re over 6ft fab yourself up to 6ft 2 etc?

Women may even fab themselves down in the same way guys ‘fab up’. I get why people do it but everyone should feel comfortable in their height …I’ve seen many shorter fanny magnets

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

No, I'm short and I'll admit I'm short lol I don't see the point in bending the truth as it will all come out eventually anyway. Besides, I may not everyone's cup of tea but that's fine too lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can’t really lie that much when men claim to be 6’2” and up

Obviously I wouldn’t be able to tell the different between 6’2” and 6’4” x but why would they lie at that height?

I never had any man lie about his height or not that I can think of but then again, generally I really handpick the 6’1” and up range

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

I'm 5ft 8, and like to wear heels and not tower over a bloke. If I show up to a meet and he's lied, to fool me into wasting my time, then I won't be hanging around.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I’ll say this. I list 5’9 because I’m 5’9. I get measured for competitions and I know I’m 5’9

Many girls take inches off their height. Apparently being shorter is better to them, and I’ve met many women then claimed to be 5’3 or 5’4 and were clearly 5’7 or 5’8

I don’t see the point in lying. You’ll disappoint them, and then yourself. I’d prefer to know height was an issue for them so I could just say no thanks.

Only last week I was planning on going out on a date with a girl and she asked what I was looking for, I answer and asked her the same. She says the usual. Funny, kind, charming, likes animals…. And tall.

Cancelled the date and said we weren’t right for eachother. There’s no need to lie and waste people’s time

over a year ago

List my height as what it is, 6ft.

Okay if/when I have a meet I usually like to dress well which would me a smart pair of shoes which would then add a little more height so 6ft 1" as opposed to 6ft.

But yes I've spoken to plenty who have had their meet turn up and they exaggerated their height

over a year ago

No. The height on my profile is my actual height. It didn’t even cross my mind that some would put a different height

over a year ago

"I’ll say this. I list 5’9 because I’m 5’9. I get measured for competitions and I know I’m 5’9

Many girls take inches off their height. Apparently being shorter is better to them, and I’ve met many women then claimed to be 5’3 or 5’4 and were clearly 5’7 or 5’8

I don’t see the point in lying. You’ll disappoint them, and then yourself. I’d prefer to know height was an issue for them so I could just say no thanks.

Only last week I was planning on going out on a date with a girl and she asked what I was looking for, I answer and asked her the same. She says the usual. Funny, kind, charming, likes animals…. And tall.

Cancelled the date and said we weren’t right for eachother. There’s no need to lie and waste people’s time "

Maybe she wanted a 5’9” tall? Like if a girl is 5’ then there’s still a height difference

Maybe u should have asked for more deets x

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I have 6ft on mine, not because i am 6ft but because i am 5ft 11 and 1/2 and i couldnt put that, and since i dont work in cm's I decided 6ft was nearer that 5ft 11 (okay dont ask me i know its the same) !

over a year ago

"I have 6ft on mine, not because i am 6ft but because i am 5ft 11 and 1/2 and i couldnt put that, and since i dont work in cm's I decided 6ft was nearer that 5ft 11 (okay dont ask me i know its the same) !"

I doubt people would notice that inch difference anyway. It’s when they say they are 6’ and in reality they are 5’8.5-9”

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I’ll say this. I list 5’9 because I’m 5’9. I get measured for competitions and I know I’m 5’9

Cancelled the date and said we weren’t right for eachother. There’s no need to lie and waste people’s time

Maybe she wanted a 5’9” tall? Like if a girl is 5’ then there’s still a height difference

Maybe u should have asked for more deets x "

She’s 5’4 but if she wants tall that means like 6’0+

It’s like if I had said I wanted curvy and she wasn’t crazy curvy. Do you think me saying “oh but your still ok” sets the right tone?

I’d just prefer to find someone that doesn’t list tall in their top 5 requirements

over a year ago

I'm too busy trying to see the size of his cock, never mind whether he lied about his height

Seriously though... I would be annoyed if he claimed to be a certain height ie 5ft8 for example and was not much taller than myself (5ft2).

Annoyed because he lied,not because of his height

If I like him, I like him regardless of height and size.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I've heard of this a lot, but I've never actually met anyone that's lied about their height. Mine is correct with bare feet, but I usually wear heels, so my height will vary depending on which heels I'm wearing. I like being tall-ish, so wouldn't claim to be shorter.

over a year ago

Ok so maybe some guys ‘think’ they are that heigh and haven’t actually been measured?

I was at a party and was talking to a guy who asked how tall I was …when I told him he then said no you’re taller than that cos I’m 5ft 11..I towered over this guy. He was around 5ft 9. He must have measured himself in Nike Air Force ones or something.

over a year ago

Cancelled the date and said we weren’t right for eachother. There’s no need to lie and waste people’s time "

There's no point in my lieing about my height because I'm disappointing anyway.

over a year ago

I'm really a hobbit but I've stated 5ft 8in in all seriousness why would you lie when it's blatantly obvious when you meet

over a year ago

"Ok so maybe some guys ‘think’ they are that heigh and haven’t actually been measured?

I was at a party and was talking to a guy who asked how tall I was …when I told him he then said no you’re taller than that cos I’m 5ft 11..I towered over this guy. He was around 5ft 9. He must have measured himself in Nike Air Force ones or something."

This made me giggle

By *ll 4 herCouple
over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

We've had a guy lie about his height, we arranged a social and when he turned up it was clear he'd lied, suffice to say it went nowhere.

Even if there was an attraction it never would go anywhere as we would never get past the lie.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Lots... My friend is 5ft8, so I always know if they've lied as I have to look up even to her! I'm only short, so everyone is taller than me. I'm quite happy with guys under 6ft, we can look a bit daft together other wise.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Ok so maybe some guys ‘think’ they are that heigh and haven’t actually been measured?

I was at a party and was talking to a guy who asked how tall I was …when I told him he then said no you’re taller than that cos I’m 5ft 11..I towered over this guy. He was around 5ft 9. He must have measured himself in Nike Air Force ones or something."

Chinese whispers

One guy is 5’9, adds an inch

His friend is about the same height, “I must be 5’10”. Then adds an inch

Another friend “I must be 5’11!”

If only there was some kind of common house hold tool we could use to measure ourselves

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am 6ft so generally measure them up with whether I can look into their eyes

Only had one mishap when the 5ft 10 man came up to my chin

over a year ago

Its as short as its long

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

To be honest unless a guy claimed to be 6ft 8 and turned up only to be shorter than me, I wouldn’t really have a clue!

over a year ago

I was at a party and was talking to a guy who asked how tall I was …when I told him he then said no you’re taller than that cos I’m 5ft 11..I towered over this guy. He was around 5ft 9. He must have measured himself in Nike Air Force ones or something.

Chinese whispers

One guy is 5’9, adds an inch

His friend is about the same height, “I must be 5’10”. Then adds an inch

Another friend “I must be 5’11!”

If only there was some kind of common house hold tool we could use to measure ourselves "

Just get against the wall, use a pencil to get the measurement from the top of ur head to mark and then measure with a measuring tape. Simples

How people don’t know their exact height is beyond me!!! I’m 167cm on a good day

over a year ago

If i were in lilliput id be a giant its all about perspective

over a year ago

I've never had it happen, but then height isn't a big deal to me anyway. It would be the lying that would put me off.

I suppose technically I do round my own up, I'm 5'3.75" without shoes, but 5'4" sounds better

By *apxxxWoman
over a year ago

North Shropshire not Wales!!!ffs & Manchester

"No, I'm short and I'll admit I'm short lol I don't see the point in bending the truth as it will all come out eventually anyway. Besides, I may not everyone's cup of tea but that's fine too lol"

Nice arse

By *apxxxWoman
over a year ago

North Shropshire not Wales!!!ffs & Manchester

...I think I'm actually shorter now ...

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Luckily I’ve never met a man who has lied about their height. I’d be none too pleased if they had.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Height is not something that's bothered me. I find somewhere around my height to be beneficial in many ways, though that can go from around 5'7" in my stocking feet, to around 6' in my heels.

There are guys on here that extend the truth and it's pretty futile.

I think more people are put off by the catfishing than they are the truth.

C

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I'm 5'9", the profile says 5'9". So if you meet me and I'm not 5'9"... that's not me, I'm the other guy in the red shirt

LvM

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I don't really give a crap about height, but I have met someone who made a big deal about being 6' tall but in reality was the same height as me. I wouldn't have had a clue had he not drawn attention to it so often in conversation (I'm 6' tall, you know).

The very obvious lie was the off-putting thing for me.

over a year ago

Short men on the whole are undesirable. Short men are below 6 foot.

Larger ladies over size 12 are on the whole undesirable.

Ignoring the outliers, It is what it is.

Let’s just find our matches that works best for us.

over a year ago

"No, I'm short and I'll admit I'm short lol I don't see the point in bending the truth as it will all come out eventually anyway. Besides, I may not everyone's cup of tea but that's fine too lol"

Holy crap you know how to take a photo!!!

over a year ago

"Short men on the whole are undesirable. Short men are below 6 foot.

Let’s just find our matches that works best for us."

Arrogant pricks on the whole, undesirable

over a year ago

One of my favourite fab FB was shorter than me and skinny as fuck. I found him so hot.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Haha, I'm very thankful that this is utter bollocks!

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Haha I’m nearly 5ft 10. If I was a size 12 I’d be too slim! That’s bollocks im afraid.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

I’m 6 foot and shrinking as time passes

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm 6' 8".

My "Fab height" is 6' 7", because the drop-down menu you pick from doesn't go any higher.

over a year ago

I really don't care about a guys height and don't have a preference. Yes it's nice if they're a bit taller but I'm shirt so practically everyone is taller than me.

I am actually 5ft 3. Well actually I'm 5ft 3 and a 1/2. So yes I took half an inch off.... Because I can't include it.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Wow. Just wow.

I know some dammed desirable men who are shorter than 6'.

And most of the most desirable women I know are over a size 12.

Sweeping statements like that should be swept into the bin where they belong. Or flushed away.

over a year ago

I lie about mine. I'm actually 6' 1.75" which I round to 6'2"

That said, I've not measured myself for years so who knows, I've probably shrunk

Mr

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"Height seems to be a contentious issue on here. Some wanting really tall 6ft++ guys, others not really that bothered. Now I’m listed as 6ft …for all you know I could be 5ft 8 …guess all you have to go on is what’s listed. The problems start to arise when meets take place.

Ladies in your experience of meeting guys how many men add on a couple of inches to their fab height? I guess it’s not much of an issue unless you’re 5ft6 and your date is listed as 5ft 10 and you think ok I can wear some four inch heels…only to turn up towering over him and it looks like you’re taking him shopping for the day.

Men (not sure who’ll own up to this) do you fab height yourself? So if you’re 5ft 8 list yourself as 5ft 10? If you’re 5ft 10 list as 6ft or if you’re 5ft 6 list yourself as 5ft 8? Or even if you’re over 6ft fab yourself up to 6ft 2 etc?

Women may even fab themselves down in the same way guys ‘fab up’. I get why people do it but everyone should feel comfortable in their height …I’ve seen many shorter fanny magnets "

We're only looking for guys over 5.10 so they're taller than Mrs Flirty. That's our choice not an indictment of all shorter men of whom she's married to one such. Of course, height isn't our only criteria though and that's why our first meetings are always social only. In the unlikely event that a guy who's lied to us turns up, then we have lost nothing because we've still had a social evening. If we just don't click physically, nothing is lost. If we do click though then there's always the next meeting.

Many of the issues here stem from the fact that so many people want/need/expect same day meetings and get their fingers burned when it turns out that their 'target' either isn't at all what they expected or just doesn't show up because they've told a whole load of lies.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

If they lie, show them the door, I wouldn't go through with a meet if they turned up not as described, when I joined this site I was slim, I could easily leave up my old photos & have none that show that I'm currently overweight but why would I do that just to see the shock & repulsion on the blokes face when I open the door.. I'd fully expect him to say thanks but no thanks love & go back home

So for the same reason I've removed my slimmer photos so guys can see exactly what they are getting now, so if they don't do the same & mislead me in either their bio or photos, I have no guilt in stopping the meet as soon as it's started

& believe me I've done it on a few occasions, they are never happy but it's their fault for misleading me in the first place

over a year ago

"

The best thing to do is ignore, and don't react

over a year ago

"I've heard of this a lot, but I've never actually met anyone that's lied about their height. Mine is correct with bare feet, but I usually wear heels, so my height will vary depending on which heels I'm wearing. I like being tall-ish, so wouldn't claim to be shorter. "

I must meet the lying ones then

I’m only 5’3 and I don’t mind “shorter” men. But it’s lying about it that gets me. Met a couple of guys that stated 5’8 or 5’9. And then when I met them, they were barely any taller then me, one exactly my height.

By *91kMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

People lie about their height? Pretty sure it would be obvious upon meeting whether you are the height you claim or not... So why do it

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

Two of my Fab FWBs are 6’4” one of them might be doing a fab height as I think he might be 6’6”!! not complaining at all though...

I’ve had a few social meets where guys say they’re 6’ and they’re not quite. They are one or two inches shorter. Still good, as it’s still taller than me in heels... but tall men are what I am attracted to and I seek, I am happy to chat to men under 5’9” but it will be very rare that I meet them in person.

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

I like guys taller than me, but since I’m 5’2-5’3 that’s not usually a challenge.

It does annoy me when guys lie about their height though. I can instantly tell and I then end up sat there wondering what else they’ve lied about or embellished.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'd better put the cake down then ...

over a year ago

"I've heard of this a lot, but I've never actually met anyone that's lied about their height. Mine is correct with bare feet, but I usually wear heels, so my height will vary depending on which heels I'm wearing. I like being tall-ish, so wouldn't claim to be shorter.

I must meet the lying ones then

I’m only 5’3 and I don’t mind “shorter” men. But it’s lying about it that gets me. Met a couple of guys that stated 5’8 or 5’9. And then when I met them, they were barely any taller then me, one exactly my height. "

That seems a little ridiculous. Surely they didn’t think they could get away with it?

That’s like a 4 or 5 inch ‘fab-up’ ….rude!

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I"m fortunate to have been blessed with good height (6"2).

Even if I were shorter, it would be pointless to lie about something easily disproven in person. Would make me look bad and be very annoying for the other person.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

Some people here might be surprised by how many guys think the size of their cock is all that matters and will outweigh any areas in which they don't match the brief.

It's like they believe what we actually want doesn't matter.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

All my measurements are exact on here including height and age.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Nope, everything except my exact birthday is correct on fab (a few days out for security). I’d hate to turn up to a social and have the person be let down or disappointed by me.

I think that fudging these things is tantamount to manipulation, especially if it’s to get around filters. Posting incorrect height, body shape or age are all the same thing and is basically lying to get people to meet you who wouldn’t otherwise.

By *oirinMarkusCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

This literally happened to me on my last meet. The guy was sexy, attractive, but definitely many inches shorter than his stated height on his profile.

I'm wondering whether to bring it up and see if he has a reason for his lie? I'm guessing it just comes down to shorter guys knowing that in person the height won't matter so much, if given the chance to meet.

Lucky for him I'm not tall

over a year ago

"This literally happened to me on my last meet. The guy was sexy, attractive, but definitely many inches shorter than his stated height on his profile.

I'm wondering whether to bring it up and see if he has a reason for his lie? I'm guessing it just comes down to shorter guys knowing that in person the height won't matter so much, if given the chance to meet.

Lucky for him I'm not tall "

Ask him then report back. It would be good to get insight into the minds of those that fab-up

over a year ago

I'm honest about my height and size. I don't need to add anything, I stick out enough.

I think guys close to 6 ft might add inches on to get there but guys over maybe don't need to.

I'm a mountain of a man and not in a good way.

over a year ago

I'm 8.9 sky remotes.

Or 6ft 2 outside of fab.

Which is generally classed as tall but I have found tall is relative and... For some I'm 2 inches above the magic line. Others I'm just in (or even out).

My advice .... If they ask for tall, tell them your height and still meet if they are up for it ... A 5 nine confident guy will often be more attractive than the 6 four simp.

over a year ago

TBF - your comments are subjective, even though you choose what’s acceptable or not acceptable. Because you choose which info you admittedly share incorrectly.

Just pointing out the pot calling kettle black.

"Nope, everything except my exact birthday is correct on fab (a few days out for security). I’d hate to turn up to a social and have the person be let down or disappointed by me.

I think that fudging these things is tantamount to manipulation, especially if it’s to get around filters. Posting incorrect height, body shape or age are all the same thing and is basically lying to get people to meet you who wouldn’t otherwise. "

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Funny to see this touching some size 13+ nerves.

It’s mostly true sadly though. Height is huge for guys, as is weight for women

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

It’s mostly true sadly though. Height is huge for guys, as is weight for women "

Not my nerves. If I’m ever a size 12 it probably means I’m very ill! I was simply stating that the comment was untrue.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

It’s mostly true sadly though. Height is huge for guys, as is weight for women

Not my nerves. If I’m ever a size 12 it probably means I’m very ill! I was simply stating that the comment was untrue. "

Not my nerves either, but whatever anyone needs to believe to feel better about themselves, no skin off my nose!

I'll carry on doing my own thing for as long as it's working for me

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"TBF - your comments are subjective, even though you choose what’s acceptable or not acceptable. Because you choose which info you admittedly share incorrectly.

Just pointing out the pot calling kettle black.

Nope, everything except my exact birthday is correct on fab (a few days out for security). I’d hate to turn up to a social and have the person be let down or disappointed by me.

I think that fudging these things is tantamount to manipulation, especially if it’s to get around filters. Posting incorrect height, body shape or age are all the same thing and is basically lying to get people to meet you who wouldn’t otherwise. "

Reread my comment. The only information that is incorrect on my profile is the exact birthdate for security reasons. Not my age, the date.

It’s not a case of me choosing what information I give out as factual, it’s all factual.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

It’s mostly true sadly though. Height is huge for guys, as is weight for women "

Sweeping statement this way

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Not my nerves. They're fine. But there are some people who do get upset by people making statements.

And height is often a big thing for women, along with weight being a big thing for guys.

More sweeping statements that just show the ignorance of some people.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Genuine LOL at "Short men are below 6 foot."

UK average height is 5' 9" for men and 5' 3.5" for women. Souce: Moody's 'Adult anthropometric measures, overweight and obesity' from the Health Survey for England 2012 for the Health and Social Care Information Centre.

This is Fab lie inflation again, like all the men fretting that their six-incher is too small when the average is 5.16".

over a year ago

"Genuine LOL at "Short men are below 6 foot."

UK average height is 5' 9" for men and 5' 3.5" for women. Souce: Moody's 'Adult anthropometric measures, overweight and obesity' from the Health Survey for England 2012 for the Health and Social Care Information Centre.

This is Fab lie inflation again, like all the men fretting that their six-incher is too small when the average is 5.16". "

Maybe he was meaning under six foot is fab short.

Just like a 5.2 inch cawk or whatever is not fab average

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I don't much about height but I do care about honesty.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

This is Fab lie inflation again, like all the men fretting that their six-incher is too small when the average is 5.16".

Just like a 5.2 inch cawk or whatever is not fab average "

Imagine someone looking for hung and you turn up with your 6 inch knob and a print out of “ Moody's 'Adult anthropometric measures”.

“I’ll have you know I’m statistically above average”

Watch those panties drop

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"I’m 6 foot and shrinking as time passes "

I’m excited to see what height I shrink to!

over a year ago

Just like a 5.2 inch cawk or whatever is not fab average

Imagine someone looking for hung and you turn up with your 6 inch knob and a print out of “ Moody's 'Adult anthropometric measures”.

“I’ll have you know I’m statistically above average”

Watch those panties drop "

Post new Message to Thread