Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Musical rivalry... The final.

Jump to newest

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Over the last 3 weeks we've pitted some of the greatest rock, metal and pop artists against each other and seen some interesting discussion, preferences and opinions (some of which have been just plain wrong).

But now we draw to a close with the 2 "greatest" from either side of the Atlantic, spanning 7 generations and influencing decades of artists worldwide.

Accumulating 35 number 1 singles between them with over a billion record sales worldwide, we are of course bringing together the legendary Elvis Presley vs the Iconic Beatles.

Have at it peeps. Who, why, which tracks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think on balance I would choose the Beatles, but Elvis has done some fine tracks too. The laughing one makes me giggle every time. I love ‘In the Ghetto’

However, the Beatles have so many great tracks. Have you seen Yesterday, it’s a great film

Long and winding road is great, All my loving is beautiful and has sad memories for me. Twist and shout is one of my faves to dance to.

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think on balance I would choose the Beatles, but Elvis has done some fine tracks too. The laughing one makes me giggle every time. I love ‘In the Ghetto’

However, the Beatles have so many great tracks. Have you seen Yesterday, it’s a great film

Long and winding road is great, All my loving is beautiful and has sad memories for me. Twist and shout is one of my faves to dance to. "

Oooh I don't think anyone can help but feel their feet want to move to twist and shout.... or their butts!

over a year ago

"I think on balance I would choose the Beatles, but Elvis has done some fine tracks too. The laughing one makes me giggle every time. I love ‘In the Ghetto’

Long and winding road is great, All my loving is beautiful and has sad memories for me. Twist and shout is one of my faves to dance to.

Oooh I don't think anyone can help but feel their feet want to move to twist and shout.... or their butts!"

Exactly, I love it

over a year ago

The Beatles for me too. I agree that twist and shout, also money as songs that make you move.

I also love, Here comes the sun,for being the most joyful song ever.

Something, as it's a great love song that anyone can relate to.

A day in a life the example why they were and will always be better than everyone else.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Elvis, every time. His range and versatility and also longevity.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Elvis sung other people’s songs didn’t write anything himself. He was handsome and had a great voice but so does Tony Bennett.

The Beatles did and experimented with music and created some iconic songs. Also they’re from Liverpool, Beatles for me

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Elvis sung other people’s songs didn’t write anything himself. He was handsome and had a great voice but so does Tony Bennett.

The Beatles did and experimented with music and created some iconic songs. Also they’re from Liverpool, Beatles for me "

Very good point about Elvis there... although I confess to preferring Bennett

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Beatles... iconic albums ..the white album.... rubber sole....Sargent pepper....I Rest my case

over a year ago

Elvis. Because without Elvis nothing that followed would have been the same, Beatles included.

over a year ago

Beatles by a country mile. Their experiments in the studio changed and shaped the course of music.

over a year ago

Elvis stole his early music from a black artist. His singing, mannerisms vocal tics ... all lifted off this other guy who's name escapes me

So it's the beatles for me

over a year ago

"Elvis. Because without Elvis nothing that followed would have been the same, Beatles included."

As it's Elvis I'm picking two albums rather than a song: The Sun Sessions, which transformed music, and Elvis in Memphis, his brilliant late 60s comeback record.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

To be honest it’s not a ultimate battle between rivals. I would say Elvis v Frank Sinatra or the Beatles v The Rolling Stones.

You have two great singers who sung other peoples songs as rivals. And two great bands that composed great music and some iconic songs. Surely that’s a closer match.

Still the Beatles for me though

By *otSoPosh OP   Woman
over a year ago

"To be honest it’s not a ultimate battle between rivals. I would say Elvis v Frank Sinatra or the Beatles v The Rolling Stones.

You have two great singers who sung other peoples songs as rivals. And two great bands that composed great music and some iconic songs. Surely that’s a closer match.

Still the Beatles for me though "

But neither sold more music than the Beatles or Elvis, in more time.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Elvis! Every time!

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'd have to say The Beatles because they've had much more influence on subsequent music than Elvis ever did.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"To be honest it’s not a ultimate battle between rivals. I would say Elvis v Frank Sinatra or the Beatles v The Rolling Stones.

Still the Beatles for me though

But neither sold more music than the Beatles or Elvis, in more time."

Got you still the Beatles

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

The Beatles.

While Elvis did some good movies, without the Beatles we would never have got Ringo Star in Caveman!

over a year ago

Id choose elvis...purely coz i think beatles over rated...and not one song of theirs has ever influenced nor inspired me...and i don't like the fact that at schools they try to push the beatles down ya ears ...and dunt get me started on that YOKO pillock lol

Post new Message to Thread