Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Premium bonds win

Jump to newest

By *riskygaz OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

Premium bonds, my only steps towards my old age as i have left it to late to take out a private pension, so has anyone else taken these out and had a decent size wins over the years, not after the exsact amount just weather you got a good win, i have had them a few years now never had a win till this year, i have had three £25 wins maybe i am warming up for the big one

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

Didn't know you could still get them

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My mum won two lots of £100 in a short space of time a couple of years ago. Ive had mine 47 years and never won a penny. When i was born and people used to put money in the pram in those days it was traditional, my mum bought my premium bonds with it

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

My neighbours daughter copped five grand early this year, all he said to me was You should have married her when she was sweet on before she married someone else!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My fella works at a bank and all he seems to see is the older ppl paying in £25 premium bond chqs in highest he has seen is a hundred!!

over a year ago

Our son had a £25 win a couple of years ago now and when we went and paid it into the bank the cashier got all excited saying that you don't see these very often, I think that says it all really.

Both me and our eldest two (well into their 30's) have premium bonds and never won a bean!!!

By *amslam1000Man
over a year ago

willenhall

"Our son had a £25 win a couple of years ago now and when we went and paid it into the bank the cashier got all excited saying that you don't see these very often, I think that says it all really.

Both me and our eldest two (well into their 30's) have premium bonds and never won a bean!!!"

you do have to check your own numbers as they are crap at address changes

By *riskygaz OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

Oh yes they are still going strong top prize one million befor the credit crunch there was two top prizes of a million paid out each month

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I have had premium bonds for 40 years.. Some larger blocks. I get 25 pound wins most months and I got one 500 6mths ago.That was my largest win. They all go back in directly if you have them scattered in small amounts maybe remove and put in one block. you lose the chance to win for three months but in my opinion stand a better chance of a win.

good luck

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I just counted 47 x £25 wins since they started doing the 25.. gosh that mounts up as they go straight back in I hadnt noticed

By *riskygaz OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

Good to see someone getting regular wins all them £25 wins add up over time mine it set up to automatckly purchase more bonds when i win, that is my little pension fund ha ha, fingers crossed for a decent size win between now and when i retire

over a year ago

I was brought some when I was born. God knows where they are or how I would check if the were still valid or if I am a millionaire!

over a year ago

Ive had mine since i was born......not a single thing....lol might get my 25 quid back...lol

over a year ago

The odds of winning the £1 million are a staggering 1 in 41 billion; compared to the lottery which is 1 in 14 million.

However, with premium bonds, you get your money back; with the lottery it goes to building a scout hut in Cleethorpes!

Its all swings and roundabouts (and scout huts)

over a year ago

I know someone who won 100k on them, but that was years ago now.

Another I know says for what he has invested the return is like 7% each year. He's got a few quid away in them though

Wolf

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"I was brought some when I was born. God knows where they are or how I would check if the were still valid or if I am a millionaire! "

go on line nsandi.com and check names and address's maybe .. the person that bought them for u ..

they will always be valid. the main thing is to find a card with your holders number then any bonds will be located.

over a year ago

" with the lottery it goes to building a scout hut in Cleethorpes!

"

Better that than a duck house in an MPs back garden

Wolf

By *riskygaz OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

"I know someone who won 100k on them, but that was years ago now.

Another I know says for what he has invested the return is like 7% each year. He's got a few quid away in them though

Wolf

"

Mmm i would be very happy with a 100K win

Post new Message to Thread