Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dating sites v fab

Jump to newest

By *urious1973 OP   Man
over a year ago

angus

Well I’ve been on dating sites and had compliments saying ooh your nice etc good looking guy etc etc big boost to the ego x I attach a face pic on here and most of the time I barely get a reply is that because of the sheer numbers on here and people looking for different things etc because i think I’d have more chance of getting fun of a conventional dating site than I would getting off fab x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you're looking to get laid, then yeah go for the dating sites.

If you're looking to swing, stick around.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I do more swinging on tinder than here

Numbers work out better on apps

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Meet plenty of women off the dating sites, love Bumble as the lady has to message first.

If I was a single guy looking to meet a woman I definitely wouldn’t waste my time on here.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I got asked out three times within a fortnight of joining Tinder. I met up with one girl and we have been having some fun and we spoke about swinging etc and she seems into the idea. The other two girls I declined and since then I've had just one match which I wasn't interested in.

Fab and Tinder are both equally tough! Anybody got any tips? I know Tinder works largely off algorithms etc so you have to 'game it' apparently.

over a year ago

I prefer it on here. I find that my profile is read and then I’m ignored as per the viewer’s preference. Back in the day on Tinder, saying that all I was after was a hookup seemed to be ignored or not noticed a lot of the time, which led to lovely one off conversations but lots of wasted time.

By *urvySub87Woman
over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

In my experience a lot of the guys on pof say that they want a relationship but once they get you to bed they f**k off. More effort but guys do get laid on there

over a year ago

I don’t like dating sites as 90% of the men on there just want to fuck, but don’t admit that and tend to tell you what they think you want to hear.

At least on here boundaries and wants/desires are usually freely discussed without judgement or any further expectations.

Also, the men I can meet on here are much better looking than those I tend to match with on dating sites… I’m clearly good looking enough to shag but not good looking enough to date

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I've had pretty much zero interest on dating apps.

Here is a completely different story.

I don't know why that is, as most men seem to say the opposite.

over a year ago

"I don’t like dating sites as 90% of the men on there just want to fuck, but don’t admit that and tend to tell you what they think you want to hear.

At least on here boundaries and wants/desires are usually freely discussed without judgement or any further expectations.

Also, the men I can meet on here are much better looking than those I tend to match with on dating sites… I’m clearly good looking enough to shag but not good looking enough to date "

Are you looking to date? Or just shag? I’ve met plenty of peops who’ve ended up dating regardless of looks. Shag fest tends to rely on looks (not always - but there’s generally some sort of bond).

over a year ago

"In my experience a lot of the guys on pof say that they want a relationship but once they get you to bed they f**k off. More effort but guys do get laid on there "

Couldn’t agree more with that stament and it’s the reason I keep to fab

over a year ago

"I don’t like dating sites as 90% of the men on there just want to fuck, but don’t admit that and tend to tell you what they think you want to hear.

Also, the men I can meet on here are much better looking than those I tend to match with on dating sites… I’m clearly good looking enough to shag but not good looking enough to date "

1000% the truth

over a year ago

Also, the men I can meet on here are much better looking than those I tend to match with on dating sites… I’m clearly good looking enough to shag but not good looking enough to date

Are you looking to date? Or just shag? I’ve met plenty of peops who’ve ended up dating regardless of looks. Shag fest tends to rely on looks (not always - but there’s generally some sort of bond)."

Can’t speak for the original op off this post

But dose ring home with me for me both

But I wouldn’t rather not be lied to if they want just a shag say so it happen if I like them that way regardless

It’s the lies to get they hole that I don’t like

over a year ago

Craigslist personals was the grail

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most people are not compatible with most other people, so if your expectations are realistic, you'd have a dwindling amount of people left, each time you both share more about yourselves, including via pics.

Fab is a good supplement to swinging, which involves clubs and social interaction. There is an abundance of men, so you will benefit from increasing the volume of people who you interact with. Look around the forum for advice to men on how to increase success.

By *r Discreet 75Man
over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

I find dating sites awful... I should know I'm on 5 of them on here you can just be yourself we're all of a similar mind

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Could it be less stigma being on a dating site, where here you can be as dirty and horny and up front, a bit like naked attraction.

Horses for courses.

If your clicking more on a dating site all power to you.

I'm not after anybody for a steady relationship so I'm only on here.

Dating site I presume are for people looking for ltr or at least testing the waters.

Good luck where ever you venture.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

My experience mirrors that of Cockosaurus and John Liverpool above. I'm not sure I should admit how embarrassingly badly I did on dating sites, but while Fab isn't exactly great, on here I do at least get to have conversations sometimes.

My big gripe about dating sites is that they're all fucking flooded with monogamous people looking for The One™. Even the one that's ostensibly a hook-up site. If actual hook-up sites exist, from which people will actually hook up with me, I'm yet to find one.

Frustratingly, I do okay when I can meet people in person. I find this counter-intuitive, as I think I'm *waaay* better in writing. Hah.

over a year ago

Firstly i doubt anyone here is deleting their profile here. Cos I don't know of many apps where you get to see the goods before you meet the person.

Fab is a tool. It's created for swingers to contact each other and to organise events.

Dating sites are designed to connect singles with each other.

They are similar tools but different.

You can butter bread with a chefs knife but you might also make shite of the bread.

If you want to go to socials and hang out with swingers this is the place to be. We went to a vanilla bar social and ended up in an orgy. That doesn't happen on tinder. Being part of a community is wonderful and it's changed our lives.

If you want to meet singles for a date then a Dating website is probably better. Finding a woman who would allow me to fuck her while she eats my wife's pussy isn't going to be that easy on a Dating site.

Use the tool best suited for what you want.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Well I’ve been on dating sites and had compliments saying ooh your nice etc good looking guy etc etc big boost to the ego x I attach a face pic on here and most of the time I barely get a reply is that because of the sheer numbers on here and people looking for different things etc because i think I’d have more chance of getting fun of a conventional dating site than I would getting off fab x"

Makes sense that most would find it easier on dating sites as there are many more women on there. Here requires effort, and the ones that aren't afraid to work at it often reap the benefits.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/10/21 07:33:21]

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"If you're looking to get laid, then yeah go for the dating sites.

If you're looking to swing, stick around."

Definitely this

over a year ago

"Firstly i doubt anyone here is deleting their profile here. Cos I don't know of many apps where you get to see the goods before you meet the person.

Fab is a tool. It's created for swingers to contact each other and to organise events.

Dating sites are designed to connect singles with each other.

They are similar tools but different.

You can butter bread with a chefs knife but you might also make shite of the bread.

If you want to go to socials and hang out with swingers this is the place to be. We went to a vanilla bar social and ended up in an orgy. That doesn't happen on tinder. Being part of a community is wonderful and it's changed our lives.

If you want to meet singles for a date then a Dating website is probably better. Finding a woman who would allow me to fuck her while she eats my wife's pussy isn't going to be that easy on a Dating site.

Use the tool best suited for what you want. "

IMO... Think you are spot on with your analysis and breakdown of the 2 different types of 'Meet Me' options. But then I'm just an ugly sad old man who nobody wants....

over a year ago

Who's got stubby fingers and can't type on a smart phone... Explanation for deletion

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I was on Tinder and Bumble for probably a year and a half and managed exactly zero in person dates. I got the impression that they were in to the idea of meeting until the next new shiny match came along and then I got ghosted.

LvM

over a year ago

Are you looking to date? Or just shag? I’ve met plenty of peops who’ve ended up dating regardless of looks. Shag fest tends to rely on looks (not always - but there’s generally some sort of bond)."

I was looking to date, hence being on the dating sites. I’ve given up with that idea and quite happy to stick with fab and shag

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I have been on Bumble for about a month and I have had two matches currently exchanging WhatsApp message with one of my matches with a view to meeting up.She says most guys that message her seem to just want fwb which she doesn’t want but she keeps on bringing it up when we call or message so not too sure what to make of her.

By *tagmeupMan
over a year ago

wirral

Same but i want a relationship with someone who is in to the lifestyle and tinder is vanilla, easy to get laid on but not necessarily something i want to continue with

By *xydadbodMan
over a year ago

Milton keynes

Problem with tinder is I match with women and open a dialogue and never get a reply. I do like bumble though. At least you can have a convo on there but strangely, the minute you suggest a coffee meet, they disappear. I must be doing something wrong

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I got asked out three times within a fortnight of joining Tinder. I met up with one girl and we have been having some fun and we spoke about swinging etc and she seems into the idea. The other two girls I declined and since then I've had just one match which I wasn't interested in.

Fab and Tinder are both equally tough! Anybody got any tips? I know Tinder works largely off algorithms etc so you have to 'game it' apparently. "

I’ve never used tinder or dating sites but I approach fab same as I do Facebook, Next Door and real life. If someone grabs my attention and I like them I try to get to know them and see if there’s mutual interest and then ask them out ! It’s not complicated

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"I got asked out three times within a fortnight of joining Tinder. I met up with one girl and we have been having some fun and we spoke about swinging etc and she seems into the idea. The other two girls I declined and since then I've had just one match which I wasn't interested in.

Fab and Tinder are both equally tough! Anybody got any tips? I know Tinder works largely off algorithms etc so you have to 'game it' apparently.

I’ve never used tinder or dating sites but I approach fab same as I do Facebook, Next Door and real life. If someone grabs my attention and I like them I try to get to know them and see if there’s mutual interest and then ask them out ! It’s not complicated "

With Tinder you cannot message until there's a match. All you can do is swipe what the app offers you. What is offered may be bots or people from miles away or fakes which you have little control over. How you swipe affects the algorithm of what Tinder will present to you which more often that not is mostly just a picture with the addition of some bullet points if you're lucky.

Post new Message to Thread