Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

late for meet

Jump to newest

By *igcumload OP   Man
over a year ago

glasgow/birmingham

had a meet arranged for earlier on tonight,while getting ready to go my daughter called to say her car had broken down so had to go and pick her up which i did by this time i was running 10 mins late for meet so set off on 20 min journey and text ahead to say was going to be a little late only to be cause i was late not to bother as she was going out and doesnt want to communicate anymore which i thought a bit unfair whats you guys opinion on this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *riskygazMan
over a year ago

birmingham

typical stroppy women lol

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"typical stroppy women lol"

Ooooooo popcorn and slippers time

By *inge61Couple
over a year ago

n/wales

daughters car shouldn't have broke down lol

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

what seriously?

10 minutes late and yer toast?

I've known women to be hours late only to explain:

"what's the problem? my sister's cousin's nephew's son's dad's grandson's third cousin twice removed's pet chicken had a slight cough - it was an emergency! I had to be there for them! Do you men understand nothing!!!???"

If you're blown out for a 10 minute delay she didn't want to meet you in the frist place - sorry.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

tuts - shame on you

As for the "typical stroppy woman " comment from _riskygaz.

This lady would of probably spent ages getting ready , nerves and excitement all rolled into one,

I myself have had a couple of meets where the guys been late and its disheartening.

At least you text to say you were going to be late - however I can see where the lady in question is coming from.

Apologise and put it down to experience is my advice.

Plenty more fish in the Sea hun

over a year ago

"what seriously?

10 minutes late and yer toast?

I've known women to be hours late only to explain:

"what's the problem? my sister's cousin's nephew's son's dad's grandson's third cousin twice removed's pet chicken had a slight cough - it was an emergency! I had to be there for them! Do you men understand nothing!!!???"

If you're blown out for a 10 minute delay she didn't want to meet you in the frist place - sorry.

"

I'm afraid he's right. Pet chickens take precedence over all. It's a pity cos some NSA is much more fun. Just remember though, you'll be eating that some chicken at some stage, and you my friend, shall have the last laugh.

over a year ago

10 minutes..... I'd say she'd bottled it and that was a good excuse for them to say bye bye.

I've been late before due to traffic and text/rang ahead to say I'm going to be x minutes late and its always been ok.

Rest easy in the knowledge that you weren't planning on just not turning up and being labelled a time waster

over a year ago

"tuts - shame on you

As for the "typical stroppy woman " comment from _riskygaz.

This lady would of probably spent ages getting ready , nerves and excitement all rolled into one,

I myself have had a couple of meets where the guys been late and its disheartening.

At least you text to say you were going to be late - however I can see where the lady in question is coming from.

Apologise and put it down to experience is my advice.

Plenty more fish in the Sea hun

"

Sometimes lateness just can't be helped. I doubt the lady had never been late for anything in her life.

I hate being late and I avoid it as far as possible but it happens sometimes. I've been late for one meet recently and had to cancel another. Both times something happened at short notice which was much more of a priority than sex. I felt awful both times but I know I did the best I could in both cases.

10 minutes seems like a very small amount of time to cancel a meet over though, especially if you'd let her know. Still there's more than one side to this kind of story. I wonder what hers is.

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

"however I can see where the lady in question is coming from.

"

Seriously??? You can see where she is coming from??

I'll say it again with added expletives.

ser-fucking-iously???

Ten fucking minutes late and you can see where the lady is coming-fucking-from??

Ten minutes??

I can't have a shit in ten fucking minutes - can barely make a decent cup of coffee (let alone drink one)- have a wank - cut my toenails - have my weekly phonecall to my mum or hoover the living room in that time.

How the fucking fuckidty fuck could I - or anyone who was up for a fucking fuckity fuck change their minds about said act in such a short space of time????

I know you women are fickle but Christopher H Hitchens! you arent that fucking fickle.

It's bleeding obvious to anyone with more that 2 functioning brain cells that the woman in question had bottled in waaaaaaaaaay before the call came in

over a year ago

ser-fucking-iously???

Ten fucking minutes late and you can see where the lady is coming-fucking-from??

Ten minutes??

I can't have a shit in ten fucking minutes - can barely make a decent cup of coffee (let alone drink one)- have a wank - cut my toenails - have my weekly phonecall to my mum or hoover the living room in that time.

How the fucking fuckidty fuck could I - or anyone who was up for a fucking fuckity fuck change their minds about said act in such a short space of time????

I know you women are fickle but Christopher H Hitchens! you arent that fucking fickle.

It's bleeding obvious to anyone with more that 2 functioning brain cells that the woman in question had bottled in waaaaaaaaaay before the call came in

"

you can look after your daughters, but will they be there to take to your next meet

By *errynjuneCouple
over a year ago

Barnsley

He said he was already running 10 mins late for meet and then set off on 20 min journey (was this 20 min each way) - if so he is 50 mins off time and another 10 once he gets back so we are up to an hour now ..............

over a year ago

"He said he was already running 10 mins late for meet and then set off on 20 min journey (was this 20 min each way) - if so he is 50 mins off time and another 10 once he gets back so we are up to an hour now .............."

I understood 'running 10 mins late' to mean it was 10 mins after he should have left to arrive on time, meaning he'd only have been 10 minutes late.

Even if he'd said 'by this time I was 10 mins late' he'd only have been 30 mins late. There isn't an 'each way' to get to a meet, just the trip there. 10 mins late plus the 20 min journey would have made 30 mins late.

over a year ago

I can see why the lady may hav bin annoyed but at the same time u do think there was an element of "crying over spilt milk". She could have pre-informed him that she was going out so if he was late it would jepodise the fun

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

"

I understood 'running 10 mins late' to mean it was 10 mins after he should have left to arrive on time, meaning he'd only have been 10 minutes late.

Even if he'd said 'by this time I was 10 mins late' he'd only have been 30 mins late. There isn't an 'each way' to get to a meet, just the trip there. 10 mins late plus the 20 min journey would have made 30 mins late."

exactly - his daughter's breakdown saved him from posting a thread complaining about timewasters

over a year ago

As a couple it is annoying when people are late afterall alot of the time its hard to fit time in so if i set an hour a side for a man to come round and give me pure unadulterated consensual dirty sex i expect him to be there at the start of that hour til the end and in her defence if she had been having problems with timewasters she may well have just thought it was another however i think id have still let you in for the remaining 50 mins of pure unadulterated consensual dirty sex seen as i would have made the effort to put my suspenders on lol, seriousley though i can see both sides of this its annoying on both parts.

over a year ago

Personally i wouldnt even class 10 mins as late

sounds to me like she used it as a excuse to back out, anyone who really wanted to meet you would have waited 10 mins ffs

i mean honestly you could set off on time and be more than 10 mins late because of traffic, normal people take this into account

over a year ago

Two sides to every story and all that like i say i can see both sides.

over a year ago

"had a meet arranged for earlier on tonight,while getting ready to go my daughter called to say her car had broken down so had to go and pick her up which i did by this time i was running 10 mins late for meet so set off on 20 min journey and text ahead to say was going to be a little late only to be cause i was late not to bother as she was going out and doesnt want to communicate anymore which i thought a bit unfair whats you guys opinion on this? "

It sounds like you had a narrow escape there. Her emotions are hanging by a thread if she could get arsey over you being late. I wonder what she'd have done had you NOT text her and just turned up late... I suspect you'd have had a barrage of text messages the moment you were one minute over the appointed meeting time.

Count your blessings and block her.

over a year ago

My dog got ill on the day of a meet, it was distressed, in pain, suffering and i knew i had to go to the vets after work, let my meet know hours before meet time, got the angry, "your just a ****ing, this n that, blocked etc.

Who the hell would let a person or animal suffer just because a meet was on the agenda? Not Me!!

And recently assisted getting the guys for a group meet for a lady, but i myself could'nt make it, kicked off the friends list, marvelous.

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman
over a year ago

amersham

Sometimes, for whatever reason, time is short but she should have told you if that was the case. Ten minutes is not really late in anyone's book, surely? My satnav wastes at least ten mins of my time when I go anywhere!

And you kept her informed as well, so I can't see the problem.

I'm thinking she was close to backing out anyway and this was just the push she needed??

over a year ago

To be honest you did the right thing tending to your daughter. Family always comes first, and you would never forgive yourself had you put sex before family, and something happened.

Anybody an their right mind should understand this. If she didn't, and blew you out, then you had a lucky escape.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I accept people being 10 minutes late, they travel quite away to meet me. If any of them realize they are going to be late/stuck in traffic they have always text or rang me to let me know. That seems normal behaviour to me

over a year ago

Your family have to come first .. Well with me thay do ....... and if she could not cope with you being 10 min late she really is not worth it . Move on more ladys around x

over a year ago

I always text if I am going to be late and I expect someone else to do the same so I wouldn't object to waiting another 10 mins. I find it a bit off that she has arranged to meet you but all of a sudden is going out? So yes a stroppy woman and bloody rude. If you had said you would be longer than 10 mins, I would have suggested rearranging the meet, not showed off like she has done

over a year ago

"My dog got ill on the day of a meet, it was distressed, in pain, suffering and i knew i had to go to the vets after work, let my meet know hours before meet time, got the angry, "your just a ****ing, this n that, blocked etc.

Who the hell would let a person or animal suffer just because a meet was on the agenda? Not Me!!

And recently assisted getting the guys for a group meet for a lady, but i myself could'nt make it, kicked off the friends list, marvelous."

That's awful on both counts. I have been called a timewaster for daring to spend the day with my kids and not meet a guy, suffice to say he is a member of my block list

over a year ago

ser-fucking-iously???

Ten minutes??

"

Totally agree with this

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

Move on, Plenty more fishing around.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

One sided stories tend to make people very judgemental and assuming about the other person involved....

Maybe people should take the time to think their may be a completely different slant on the story from the lady...

over a year ago

whats wrong with telling the chick........ look love i'll be there cock hard bottle of tescos plonk in hand around 8pm with the emphasis on around .

over a year ago

Sounds to me like she was looking for an excuse to cancel. You rang ahead to say you were running 10 min late and she decides she doesn't want to talk and she going out

10 minutes is nothing and you we're polite and called ahead. We always try and be on time but because of traffic we are sometimes a few minutes late (I class 10 min as a few min) and I always text or call to give updates and eta. No one has gotten upset over a few minutes as let's face it its easy to be a few minutes late especially if you have a drive a distance.

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

i think u had a lucky escape myself if she was that tetchy over 10 minutes i reckon he was overdosing on adrenaline and nerves and used your lateness as an excuse to back out cos to be honest why tell you not to bother she was going out she would already have gone if shed made those plans block move on dont take it personaly and u did the all the right things family first always xxxxx

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Dear OP, I would love to tell you all the things you want to hear, such as "OMG how OTT. What a fool they were" and the like..... but I've only got part of the picture.

I have no idea whether or not you have fucked this person about previously, whether or not the daughter breaking down excuse was the last in a long line or the first one ever.

Everyone has a right to change their mind.... and your meet did. We are unlikely to ever know their real reason why as they are unlikely to come and tell their side of the story.

So my best advice.... your daughter is old enough to drive and obviously knows how to use a phone.... buy her Green Flag membership for Christmas.

over a year ago

"

"

And anyone with four functioning brain cells would realise they are jumping in with both feet on the basis of one bias side of a story.

over a year ago

"

So my best advice.... your daughter is old enough to drive and obviously knows how to use a phone.... buy her Green Flag membership for Christmas."

Hi thats perfect advice that is only as a dad myself with a daughter who has just passed her test and got her 1st car its giving me sleepless nights worrying about her driving and attention off the wrong sort of blokes,if my daughter was unfortunate to have a puncture or a flat battery etc on her car and was stuck somewhere i'd consider not safe i'd move mountains to get there fast and not have strange men approach her which does happen as sad men can use a girl in distress to there advantage and waiting for the aa or rac etc can take a long time which i would not.

over a year ago

maybe shes been stood up before and it set alarm bells ringing with her

ur daughter takes priority anyway so fug it

over a year ago

"

So my best advice.... your daughter is old enough to drive and obviously knows how to use a phone.... buy her Green Flag membership for Christmas.

Hi thats perfect advice that is only as a dad myself with a daughter who has just passed her test and got her 1st car its giving me sleepless nights worrying about her driving and attention off the wrong sort of blokes,if my daughter was unfortunate to have a puncture or a flat battery etc on her car and was stuck somewhere i'd consider not safe i'd move mountains to get there fast and not have strange men approach her which does happen as sad men can use a girl in distress to there advantage and waiting for the aa or rac etc can take a long time which i would not."

I think you miss the point.

If his daughter had broken down an hour or so later, whilst his face was buried up to the ears in snatch (or any other situation where he's unlike to answer the phone)... what the fuck would she do then?

over a year ago

"

If his daughter had broken down an hour or so later, whilst his face was buried up to the ears in snatch (or any other situation where he's unlike to answer the phone)... what the fuck would she do then?"

You know i love the way you put things

And in answer to what the fuck would she do next i would love to know what other girls would do in the same situation if stuck on there own in a conked out car

over a year ago

"

If his daughter had broken down an hour or so later, whilst his face was buried up to the ears in snatch (or any other situation where he's unlike to answer the phone)... what the fuck would she do then?

You know i love the way you put things

And in answer to what the fuck would she do next i would love to know what other girls would do in the same situation if stuck on there own in a conked out car "

I rang the AA.

My dad prepared me to deal with life.

Post new Message to Thread