over a year ago

MANCHESTER

LGBTQQIP2SAA is this not getting silly now

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That difference does it make.

They don't get to tell you how to identify so why tell them how to identity??

It's your right as a human to identify as whatever you want

Reply privately

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"LGBTQQIP2SAA is this not getting silly now"

Why is it silly, OP?

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

How is it silly?

Reply privately

over a year ago

everybody is entitled to an opinion.

however voicing it on a platform, where many people fall into, or identify within, the categories you are mentioning, may not be the best way forward.

Px

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is getting to inclusive for you and you are worried that it’s going to effect your life in some way?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because slowly but surely they will run out of letters/numbers surely!

This day and age everyone wants to be labeled something and good forbid they get forgotten about etc.

Not a rant but come on people just be who you are or want to be without all the labeling etc

Reply privately

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Because slowly but surely they will run out of letters/numbers surely!

This day and age everyone wants to be labeled something and good forbid they get forgotten about etc.

Not a rant but come on people just be who you are or want to be without all the labeling etc"

My point exactly and what about people who identify as animals where is the CDEGA cat dog elephant giraffe and ant

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Not a rant but come on people just be who you are or want to be without all the labeling etc"

We all use labels, mother, sister, friend the list is endless. Why should it be any different to someone's sexual identity? Why shouldn't they have the ability to feel like they fit like everyone else?

By someone who is bi and didn't know it existed when a teenager and just thought they were a freak.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not a rant but come on people just be who you are or want to be without all the labeling etc

My point exactly and what about people who identify as animals where is the CDEGA cat dog elephant giraffe and ant"

Need we say no more!

There’s a barrage of comments looming so don the PPE mate because things are gonna get rough

Reply privately

over a year ago

We all use labels, mother, sister, friend the list is endless. Why should it be any different to someone's sexual identity? Why shouldn't they have the ability to feel like they fit like everyone else?

By someone who is bi and didn't know it existed when a teenager and just thought they were a freak. "

Nobody said the don’t “fit” but I think the point is why all the ridiculous labels??

Bi, straight, curios, gay etc etc and now non binary and who’d of thunk this… people identifying as animals!!!

I’ve no problem with all this but stop coming up with different ways to be different.

Oh I class myself as a table leg if that’s ok? Now now you all need to welcome me and make me feel “inclusive”

Reply privately

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

My point exactly and what about people who identify as animals where is the CDEGA cat dog elephant giraffe and ant

Need we say no more!

There’s a barrage of comments looming so don the PPE mate because things are gonna get rough "

Why are you offending CDEGA people

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

My point exactly and what about people who identify as animals where is the CDEGA cat dog elephant giraffe and ant"

Someone always comes out with this on one of these threads. Lame

Reply privately

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

Labels are useful for grouping things.

However, if the acronym itself becomes overly long then it potentially starts to loose its impact.

If the aim is to raise awareness then something short and snappy works better regardless of whether it covers each individual within that group.

For example: disabled is a label that covers a whole spectrum of differ groups. Each individual group within that spectrum will have their own specific group identity and needs but they don't label every disability individually when describing topics that impact across the board.

Similarly, you could describe LGBT as non-hetro or alt-hetro, if it needs to account for every sexuality that might fall under that banner rather than just expanding the letter arrangement which will make it harder to get their point across or will just lead to people being lazy and just saying lgbt and then being accused of leaving others out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Someone always comes out with this on one of these threads. Lame "

That’s a comfort knowing I’m not the only one thinking that things can go a bit too far

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is a similar question to “why isn’t there a straight pride?” And similar to “not all men”

Minorities that are persecuted and struggle to be acknowledged - having as many letters to be more inclusive can only be a good thing surely

Reply privately

over a year ago

The identifying as animals/fridges/whatever is a red herring thrown in by people to ridicule those who identify in a different way from "mainstream". Nobody is running out of letters and numbers either, that's a childish argument. "I identify as such-and-such" "Nope, no letters left, no such thing!"

I quote you above "come on people, just be who you are or want to be" - absobloodylutely! Some people seek out a label because they want to belong. They want to find others who they can identify with. Human beings can be very tribal. Others are happy being who they are and don't feel they want or need to label themselves. What does it matter to you? Does what other people call themselves affect you?

So many people I know have gone through a stage of feeling they are freaks, alone, even dirty and shameful because they have been unable to reconcile their inner selves with the outer self they present to the world. Don't they deserve to be who they want to be?

Mrs TMN x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love word games. The longest word I can make from those letters is "spatial".

I prefer the term "alphabet people".

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is a similar question to “why isn’t there a straight pride?” And similar to “not all men”

Minorities that are persecuted and struggle to be acknowledged - having as many letters to be more inclusive can only be a good thing surely "

Yes I agree mate but what happens when there’s too many letters and some poor sod forgets a letter?

Key board warriors prepare for battle I’m sure lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Similarly, you could describe LGBT as non-hetro or alt-hetro, if it needs to account for every sexuality that might fall under that banner rather than just expanding the letter arrangement which will make it harder to get their point across or will just lead to people being lazy and just saying lgbt and then being accused of leaving others out. "

Or 'queer'.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How many letters are okay ? Or does it depend if your letter is in there or not ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The identifying as animals/fridges/whatever is a red herring thrown in by people to ridicule those who identify in a different way from "mainstream". Nobody is running out of letters and numbers either, that's a childish argument. "I identify as such-and-such" "Nope, no letters left, no such thing!"

I quote you above "come on people, just be who you are or want to be" - absobloodylutely! Some people seek out a label because they want to belong. They want to find others who they can identify with. Human beings can be very tribal. Others are happy being who they are and don't feel they want or need to label themselves. What does it matter to you? Does what other people call themselves affect you?

So many people I know have gone through a stage of feeling they are freaks, alone, even dirty and shameful because they have been unable to reconcile their inner selves with the outer self they present to the world. Don't they deserve to be who they want to be?

Mrs TMN x"

That’s not the debate I’m talking about although not far off.

It’s to do with the labeling and if you don’t/can’t remember what they are or want to be then your just another ignorant pig etc.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is where does it end??

I’ve no problem with all walks of life BUT I do have a problem with trying to keep up with the new craze that someone has thought they want to be and ITS MY DUTY to remember!

Why??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

It’s to do with the labeling and if you don’t/can’t remember what they are or want to be then your just another ignorant pig etc.

I’ve no problem with all walks of life BUT I do have a problem with trying to keep up with the new craze that someone has thought they want to be and ITS MY DUTY to remember!

Why??"

Who is calling you an ignorant pig?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Mrs TMN x

Why??"

I don’t think it’s anyone’s duty. It’s impossible to remember when things change so much. Someone said the other day “I’m not offended unless it’s someone’s intention to offend” or something like that! There’s a big difference in making a genuine slip up and doing it intentionally.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Why??

Who is calling you an ignorant pig? "

Nobody!

But that’s how you’ll come across if you don’t “remember” certain identities/labels.

Think we will have to just agree to disagree here I think

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Why??

I don’t think it’s anyone’s duty. It’s impossible to remember when things change so much. Someone said the other day “I’m not offended unless it’s someone’s intention to offend” or something like that! There’s a big difference in making a genuine slip up and doing it intentionally. "

That I can reason with

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No, I don't feel it's getting silly.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Now who's being silly???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Why??

Nobody!

But that’s how you’ll come across if you don’t “remember” certain identities/labels.

Think we will have to just agree to disagree here I think "

Will you, though? If you're not sure how someone likes to be addressed, can you not just ask them politely? That's what I do. No, I don't always get it right, but I've never had anyone call me an ignorant pig or similar if I say "Sorry, how would you like to be addressed? I've forgotten".

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Why??

Nobody!

Will you, though? If you're not sure how someone likes to be addressed, can you not just ask them politely? That's what I do. No, I don't always get it right, but I've never had anyone call me an ignorant pig or similar if I say "Sorry, how would you like to be addressed? I've forgotten".

"

You must be more tolerant than me then because I refuse to ask every person I meet etc to ask “how would you like to be addressed”.

I treat everybody I meet like human beings and nothing more and certainly nothing less regardless of what letter of the alphabet they’ve chosen to be if any.

People are people NOT the latest fad (not in all cases I’m sure)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Why??

Nobody!

You must be more tolerant than me then because I refuse to ask every person I meet etc to ask “how would you like to be addressed”.

I treat everybody I meet like human beings and nothing more and certainly nothing less regardless of what letter of the alphabet they’ve chosen to be if any.

People are people NOT the latest fad (not in all cases I’m sure)"

I didn't say every person you meet. I said if I wasn't sure.

You seem to be awfully annoyed about an imaginary situation.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

By someone who is bi and didn't know it existed when a teenager and just thought they were a freak.

Nobody said the don’t “fit” but I think the point is why all the ridiculous labels??

Bi, straight, curios, gay etc etc and now non binary and who’d of thunk this… people identifying as animals!!!

I’ve no problem with all this but stop coming up with different ways to be different.

Oh I class myself as a table leg if that’s ok? Now now you all need to welcome me and make me feel “inclusive” "

Comparing someone's sexual identity to a table leg is a bit dismissive of people who are encompassed with these letters.

And it's not necessarily about others being inclusive. It's about making it easier to find others who have similar experiences and feelings to you. It's about making those who feel a bit different to society norms find those who understand them and their issues. I just don't understand why anyone would begrudge this to someone. When as far as I can see it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Mrs TMN x

Why??

Nobody!

People are people NOT the latest fad (not in all cases I’m sure)"

Think she meant if you’re not sure. Not actually everyone you meet!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People are people NOT the latest fad (not in all cases I’m sure)"

Because all people are the same?

Reply privately

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South of Ipswich

I can't stand being reduced to a bunch of letters personally, only one of which I identify as but it seems to make it easier for the liberals to categorise me into one homogeneous group

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I can't stand being reduced to a bunch of letters personally, only one of which I identify as but it seems to make it easier for the liberals to categorise me into one homogeneous group "

This is the same in the gay community. Most gay people I know can’t stand being associated with all these letter etc.

Reply privately

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

Now who's being silly???"

Why are you offending me by saying I'm silly are you silly for being what you want to be

Reply privately

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South of Ipswich

"I can't stand being reduced to a bunch of letters personally, only one of which I identify as but it seems to make it easier for the liberals to categorise me into one homogeneous group

This is the same in the gay community. Most gay people I know can’t stand being associated with all these letter etc. "

Yep. Most gay people I know can't stand being lumped into a group that they would never normally have anything in common with

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Why??

Nobody!

I didn't say every person you meet. I said if I wasn't sure.

You seem to be awfully annoyed about an imaginary situation. "

Time will tell how imaginary it’ll become but like I said earlier we’ll have to agree to disagree and I’ve fully enjoyed our debate

Reply privately

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Hooray! Another thread where homophobes tell on themselves!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs TMN x

Why??

Nobody!

Think she meant if you’re not sure. Not actually everyone you meet!"

Yes I’m aware of that but I’m just generalizing things to try and keep matters simple

Reply privately

over a year ago

Great to see the dimwit opinions expose their low IQ levels in understanding acceptance.

We can’t even blame covid for their poor education.

Reply privately

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Great to see the dimwit opinions expose their low IQ levels in understanding acceptance.

"

What do we have here Mr superior with a high IQ maybe we should all agree with you as no one else has been educated

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Great to see the dimwit opinions expose their low IQ levels in understanding acceptance.

We can’t even blame covid for their poor education. "

Low IQ??

Why??

Because I don’t agree with what all you “High Level IQ” people?

Is that what im missing here? Im thick?

WOW now that explains a lot so I’d better get a move on and join night school so to correct my opinions etc.

Cheers mate

Reply privately

over a year ago

In fairness it can be hard to keep track of things.

Years ago I was sat with a friend of mine who was explaining to a woman why he was black (rather than 'coloured'). At that time people spoke of 'BME'.

This later became 'BAME'. Now we have 'people of colour'. Had that woman stuck to her guns she'd be more or less on point now

The use of the word 'queer' is similar. It has a very different meaning to its former use.

Getting confused about terms is understandable. Getting angry about them isn't.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Ha ha when u go to make a private note and find u allready have one! Should have just green arowed Pmsl!x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In fairness it can be hard to keep track of things.

Years ago I was sat with a friend of mine who was explaining to a woman why he was black (rather than 'coloured'). At that time people spoke of 'BME'.

This later became 'BAME'. Now we have 'people of colour'. Had that woman stuck to her guns she'd be more or less on point now

The use of the word 'queer' is similar. It has a very different meaning to its former use.

Getting confused about terms is understandable. Getting angry about them isn't."

Finally!!!

Order has been restored

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

What this mean?

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I've made mistakes over things and used the wrong pronouns etc. And I've never had anyone be angry at me. Yeah they've highlighted my error and that's fine, I prefer that they would as not to make the same error twice. Same as when someone calls me Mrs when I'm not.

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Funnily enough the ones that want to take letters out in order to "make it easier to remember" are never the ones that identify using the letters they want to remove. I could for instance suggest that reducing it to just "TG" would cover everyone, using Trans to cover all gender variations and Gay to cover all sexuality variations. At which point I would get mobbed by every Lesbian and every Bisexual person. Names mean something, and acronyms for names mean something.

Very short history lesson to illustrate: The LGBT Foundation in Manchester is one of this countries largest charitable establishments that is devoted to (in the words of their own website) "... provide a wide range of support services to lesbian, gay, bi and trans people. We also work with healthcare and other professionals to help make public services more accessible and inclusive for LGBT communities." However prior to 2015 they were just the LGF, the Lesbian and Gay Foundation. They already stated that they were also Bi and Trans accepting and supportive, but there had always been some voices within the L and G communities that would protest that Bi wasn't a proper sexuality (they just can't make their minds up, it's only straight people looking for a thrill) and that Trans shouldn't be anything to do with it (that's gender, it's nothing to do with sexuality). It was only when Transgender and Bisexual communities became a big enough nuisance to demand public representation that the foundation changed its name - only 6 years ago.

Diverse sexualities and genders are added into the acronym LGBT... in order to recognise that they exist. The true reason why detractors want to remove letters is to be able to erase this diversity from public recognition.

Is the acronym becoming unwieldy? Yes, definitely.

So should it be shortened? No, definitely not, because of the very fact that people only want to shorten it in order to deny the existence of minority groups.

Reply privately

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"Funnily enough the ones that want to take letters out in order to "make it easier to remember" are never the ones that identify using the letters they want to remove. I could for instance suggest that reducing it to just "TG" would cover everyone, using Trans to cover all gender variations and Gay to cover all sexuality variations. At which point I would get mobbed by every Lesbian and every Bisexual person. Names mean something, and acronyms for names mean something.

Very short history lesson to illustrate: The LGBT Foundation in Manchester is one of this countries largest charitable establishments that is devoted to (in the words of their own website) "... provide a wide range of support services to lesbian, gay, bi and trans people. We also work with healthcare and other professionals to help make public services more accessible and inclusive for LGBT communities." However prior to 2015 they were just the LGF, the Lesbian and Gay Foundation. They already stated that they were also Bi and Trans accepting and supportive, but there had always been some voices within the L and G communities that would protest that Bi wasn't a proper sexuality (they just can't make their minds up, it's only straight people looking for a thrill) and that Trans shouldn't be anything to do with it (that's gender, it's nothing to do with sexuality). It was only when Transgender and Bisexual communities became a big enough nuisance to demand public representation that the foundation changed its name - only 6 years ago.

Diverse sexualities and genders are added into the acronym LGBT... in order to recognise that they exist. The true reason why detractors want to remove letters is to be able to erase this diversity from public recognition.

So should it be shortened? No, definitely not, because of the very fact that people only want to shorten it in order to deny the existence of minority groups."

I agree so can we add CDEGA

Reply privately

By *sylockeWoman
over a year ago

East Anglia

You are clearly in a position of privilege where u hve not had to ‘out’ yourself. Identity is important in terms of sexuality.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The trans/homophobia and ignorant opinions being expressed here is actually disturbing considering the nature of this site. Just be respectful. If you don’t understand then educate.

Ignorance isn’t bliss.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

[Removed by poster at 08/10/21 16:35:34]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Funnily enough the ones that want to take letters out in order to "make it easier to remember" are never the ones that identify using the letters they want to remove. I could for instance suggest that reducing it to just "TG" would cover everyone, using Trans to cover all gender variations and Gay to cover all sexuality variations. At which point I would get mobbed by every Lesbian and every Bisexual person. Names mean something, and acronyms for names mean something.

So should it be shortened? No, definitely not, because of the very fact that people only want to shorten it in order to deny the existence of minority groups.

I agree so can we add CDEGA"

How do you even expect to be taken seriously with comments like that?

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

On your profile you label yourself as a man and straight.

Reply privately

By *topthepress OP   Man
over a year ago

MANCHESTER

"The trans/homophobia and ignorant opinions being expressed here is actually disturbing considering the nature of this site. Just be respectful. If you don’t understand then educate.

Ignorance isn’t bliss. "

Yet another superior person who thinks they are the only ones educated

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people are a bit slow. Mentioning no names. So it’s good we are all learning.

"The trans/homophobia and ignorant opinions being expressed here is actually disturbing considering the nature of this site. Just be respectful. If you don’t understand then educate.

Ignorance isn’t bliss.

Yet another superior person who thinks they are the only ones educated"

Reply privately

over a year ago

You are clearly in a position of privilege where u hve not had to ‘out’ yourself. Identity is important in terms of sexuality. "

Give yourself a pat on the back!

You covered most things including privilege

Reply privately

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

I prefer GSRD

Gender, sexuality, relationship diverse.

Reply privately

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

It's about many things, but one of the most important is being seen.

You cannot connect, help and include people if they are swept under the carpet.

Visibility is important to all people, regardless of their gender, sexual preferences, socio-economic group, religion or whatever.

No one should be "left behind".

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people, mentioning no names shouldn’t feel the need to be so defensive haha

What do we have here Mr superior with a high IQ maybe we should all agree with you as no one else has been educated"

Reply privately

over a year ago

On your profile you label yourself as a man and straight. "

Your point being??

Oh hang on!! I should add another letter yeah??

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"LGBTQQIP2SAA is this not getting silly now

What this mean?"

L = Lesbian

G = Gay

B = Bisexual

T = Transgender

Q = Queer (sexuality)

Q = Queer (gender)

Q = self Questioning (open to exploring sexuality and/or gender, not yet sure where they fit in, some may decide that they fit in some particular group, some may remain open to developing and changing through their entire life)

I = Intersex (a whole bunch of different physical conditions where genetically or physically the body does not drop directly into one of the neat categories female or male)

P = Pansexual (different to bisexual, as it recognises that there are more than two neat genders of female and male)

2S = 2 Spirited (originally to refer to indigenous North American people of "third gender", controversial when used by other communities due to cultural appropriation concerns)

A = Asexual (not being sexually attracted to either males or females, although may still have romantic associations without wanting sexual connection)

A = Aromantic (not being romantically attracted to either males or females, although may still have sexual associations without wanting romantic connection)

A = Ally (heterosexual cisgender, but shows alliance with sexual and gender divergent communities)

+ = everything else, placeholder to add extra letters as necessary

Extras suggested by some include S = Swing, K = Kink, S = Sub, D = Dom

There is no suggestion that identities that do not relate to sexuality or gender should be added. And of course behaviours that are non-consensual, harming to others, illegal are excluded.

Apologies to anyone that I've missed out, even the walking encyclopedia Polly doesn't know everything

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t agree with the below statement. Although, I appreciate the sentiments shared.

In my opinion it’s not about being left behind nor is it about needing help.

All people should be given equal opportunities. And disrespecting people’s personal choices isn’t acceptable.

"It's about many things, but one of the most important is being seen.

You cannot connect, help and include people if they are swept under the carpet.

Visibility is important to all people, regardless of their gender, sexual preferences, socio-economic group, religion or whatever.

No one should be "left behind".

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Self Questioning?? Are you serious!!?

Why does that need to be a “label”

Whatever happened to being just inquisitive or curious?

Sorry we already have Bi curious so let’s “create another way of saying the same thing but in a “different” way because let’s face it some people in life don’t want to be normal (take that as you will) but desperately trying to create another way of life for themselves and then make us all acknowledge it.

Probably time I log off and get on with normal day to day issues other than this train wreck lol.

Normal?? Jeez I hope I didn’t offend anybody

Reply privately

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Phew, everyone's block buttons must be getting quite a workout!

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Self Questioning?? Are you serious!!?

Sorry we already have Bi curious so let’s “create another way of saying the same thing but in a “different” way because let’s face it some people in life don’t want to be normal (take that as you will) but desperately trying to create another way of life for themselves and then make us all acknowledge it.

Probably time I log off and get on with normal day to day issues other than this train wreck lol.

Normal?? Jeez I hope I didn’t offend anybody "

Some people dont want to b normal???? Are u for real???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people dont want to b normal???? Are u for real??? "

I call them attention seekers

Reply privately

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"I don’t agree with the below statement. Although, I appreciate the sentiments shared.

All people should be given equal opportunities. And disrespecting people’s personal choices isn’t acceptable.

"

We can debate the semantics of "help" as much as you like.

I was using it in the context of "if you don't know such and such exists, how can you possibly assist if needed" which comes back round to visibility and representation again.

I agree, all people should be given equal opportunities (to be more specific, equitable opportunities, because what is equal for you, may not be equal for me).

And representation and visibility is a key part of being "seen", and that is very much a part of not being left behind.

If you do not feel that there are people being left behind (and therefore not seen), you may need to adjust your mirrors a little more widely, but you are off to a good start and better than many, so kudos to you.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Oh I class myself as a table leg if that’s ok? Now now you all need to welcome me and make me feel “inclusive” "

No one identifies sexually as an animal. Its a childish and purile response to inclusivity thrown about by those whose sole intent is to cause offence. They don't want educated debate or discussion. They just think they're hilarious for saying people identify as animals. Theg aren't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is just bog standard homophobia, nothing more. Same shit, different toilet.

My entire life I've never understood homophobia other than "the person being homophobic is probably DEEP in the closet".

If it doesn't involve you, why do you care?

Some people will give you there opinion on subjects they don't even understand, let alone have an opinion of value.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Normal?? Jeez I hope I didn’t offend anybody "

I quite like self questioning .... As I suspect many ppl who hear bi curious think of a straight person experimenting with same sex. How many picture a gay or lesbian person considering the opposite sex.

Imo it's very easy not to need a label or tribe when you are the norm. Im a ENM bisexual hetroromantic cis male.... And can see where my "norm" sides have been a lot easier to run with than my non norm.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Some people dont want to b normal???? Are u for real???

I call them attention seekers "

Well let me tell u! My transgender daughter is far from a attention seeker! Growing up she cut her arms contemplated taking her own life twice because she just wanted to b "normal" whatever that might be? All before the age of 18! She was in turmoil not even knowing why she was different! I'm glad to say she is now a happy beautiful young lady but sadly still has to face bigots in this life!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh I class myself as a table leg if that’s ok? Now now you all need to welcome me and make me feel “inclusive”

No one identifies sexually as an animal. Its a childish and purile response to inclusivity thrown about by those whose sole intent is to cause offence. They don't want educated debate or discussion. They just think they're hilarious for saying people identify as animals. Theg aren't.

"

I suppose you think the same when people class themselves as non female and non male??

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No one identifies sexually as an animal. Its a childish and purile response to inclusivity thrown about by those whose sole intent is to cause offence. They don't want educated debate or discussion. They just think they're hilarious for saying people identify as animals. Theg aren't.

"

Same as the "I identify as an attack helicopter" bollocks.

I just presume those people are deep in the closet, angry at themselves and projecting that anger on others... and tbh, it's been on the money a few times.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

I suppose you think the same when people class themselves as non female and non male??

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously "

They are them and i respect that. It has no affect on me and my identity so why should I get all about it? Why are you so bothered by it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it doesn't involve you, why do you care"

You answered that yourself didn't you?

"My entire life I've never understood homophobia other than "the person being homophobic is probably DEEP in the closet"."

I don't agree with the assumption but if you believe in that logic arguably there's a legitimate interest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They are them and i respect that. It has no affect on me and my identity so why should I get all about it? Why are you so bothered by it? "

He'd probably need some theory himself to understand why he cares.

I would imagine for him outwardly projecting his dislike of others is a big part of protecting his own identity. It'll be how he attempts to signal to others in the hope of acceptance.

Ape shit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it doesn't involve you, why do you care

My entire life I've never understood homophobia other than "the person being homophobic is probably DEEP in the closet".

I don't agree with the assumption but if you believe in that logic arguably there's a legitimate interest."

The assumption has been correct multiple times, Alex Jones being one of the best examples.

That moron talked about LGBTQ being some communist plot...then he was found watching trans porn.

For me, that outward angry, want to question others lives, is a defence, an attempt to hide from the same accusations they're throwing.

Like bullies at school, he do it so it doesn't happen to them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

They are them and i respect that. It has no affect on me and my identity so why should I get all about it? Why are you so bothered by it? "

Because it’s trying to be rammed down our throats continuously about this and that.

I’m not opposed by all this circus shite BUT i am opposed by not stating which letter in the proxy alphabet they have chosen to be this week!

As for all the Homophobic comments! Get a grip….

Some of my best mates are LGBTQ++OGFSUOYEVZMPWG

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't agree with the assumption but if you believe in that logic arguably there's a legitimate interest.

The assumption has been correct multiple times, Alex Jones being one of the best examples.

That moron talked about LGBTQ being some communist plot...then he was found watching trans porn.

For me, that outward angry, want to question others lives, is a defence, an attempt to hide from the same accusations they're throwing.

Like bullies at school, he do it so it doesn't happen to them."

Yep you’ve hit the nail on the head matey!

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

They are them and i respect that. It has no affect on me and my identity so why should I get all about it? Why are you so bothered by it?

Because it’s trying to be rammed down our throats continuously about this and that.

I’m not opposed by all this circus shite BUT i am opposed by not stating which letter in the proxy alphabet they have chosen to be this week!

Some of my best mates are LGBTQ++OGFSUOYEVZMPWG "

Tis u who needs to get a grip!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm pansexual,I get excited over a fry up

Reply privately

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS
over a year ago

Carlisle

A little negative this post? Live your life and live and let live. Not sure why it bothers you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

Tis u who needs to get a grip!!!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

Do you share these thoughts with them?

The only people 'ramming' anything down people throats seem to be those who try to ridicule and belittle those that choose to identify as something other than straight. Always very aggressive and excessive use of

Reply privately

over a year ago

Like bullies at school, he do it so it doesn't happen to them."

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that I wouldn't personally make the assumption. I think some people just have difficulty with the idea that others may not be the same as themselves and that makes them uncomfortable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm pansexual,I get excited over a fry up"

Of course you can mate!!

Just put an F in thee most controversial alphabet known to mankind

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's getting silly about it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm pansexual,I get excited over a fry up"

I drink whisky and vodka, so I guess I'm 2 spirited.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

The only people 'ramming' anything down people throats seem to be those who try to ridicule and belittle those that choose to identify as something other than straight. Always very aggressive and excessive use of "

I’m not nor have I!!

I’m just saying we don’t need a label for everything

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that I wouldn't personally make the assumption. I think some people just have difficulty with the idea that others may not be the same as themselves and that makes them uncomfortable."

Yeah, that 100% plays a part.

Change for some is really challenging, especially when the changes are making what they thought wasn't acceptable, acceptable.

Look at any discussion around drug legislation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Didn’t realise it had been updated from LGBTQIA but it’s so everyone feels included which is a good thing in my opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never understood the "why is it being rammed down our throats?!"

I literally have pretty much zero interaction with anything LGBTQ, I don't understand what it is that gets people so upset lmao

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Didn’t realise it had been updated from LGBTQIA but it’s so everyone feels included which is a good thing in my opinion "

If nobody is hurt, and people are helped. I've no idea what the problem is.

Other than deep root childhood issues.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m happy to debate semantics. Perhaps clarity of your message could be improved and not leave you exposed in a topic we both share from the same direction. But kudos to you too.

"I don’t agree with the below statement. Although, I appreciate the sentiments shared.

We can debate the semantics of "help" as much as you like.

I was using it in the context of "if you don't know such and such exists, how can you possibly assist if needed" which comes back round to visibility and representation again.

I agree, all people should be given equal opportunities (to be more specific, equitable opportunities, because what is equal for you, may not be equal for me).

And representation and visibility is a key part of being "seen", and that is very much a part of not being left behind.

If you do not feel that there are people being left behind (and therefore not seen), you may need to adjust your mirrors a little more widely, but you are off to a good start and better than many, so kudos to you.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

The only people 'ramming' anything down people throats seem to be those who try to ridicule and belittle those that choose to identify as something other than straight. Always very aggressive and excessive use of

I’m not nor have I!!

I’m just saying we don’t need a label for everything "

You don't think equating someone's sexuality to someone wanting to identify as an animal is ridiculing them?

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

By rammed down your throat, I presume you mean that you deliberately seek it out in order to rage about it. Nobody is forcing a different sexuality or gender upon you. Nobody is making you read this thread. Nobody is making you learn new letters all the time. I cannot imagine you have any friends of diverse sexuality or gender that come hammering on your door demanding that you refer to them differently this week.

I can imagine that by reason of whatever work you do, you might have to interact with colleagues or members of the public that become offended if you express homophobic views or refuse to use the name that they declare themselves by. If this does happen, these people are not demanding anything special, they are just expecting to receive the normal level of respect that you should show to everybody. You are demonstrating disrespect.

Other than that, it is literally nothing to do with you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"By rammed down your throat, I presume you mean that you deliberately seek it out in order to rage about it. Nobody is forcing a different sexuality or gender upon you. Nobody is making you read this thread. Nobody is making you learn new letters all the time."

100% on the money.

100%.

I'm straight, all my friends are. I don't have anybody in and around my life that is homosexual.

Nothing LGBTQ related impacts my life, ever.

Don't understand why people get some upset?!

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve not read the thread, mainly because it seems to be the intent to be ignorant and ridicule members of the LGBTQ+ community (that’s how it’s shortened by the way OP).

It’s easy to ridicule people who are looking for identity and community when you’re part of the cis heterosexual community which is as everywhere and everything.

Community and representation is desperately important to many people who feel ignored or threatened by society, the LGBTQ+ movement gives that and helps many to understand who they are and to express something that they don’t know how to.

If you want to know, understand and learn, there are plenty of people who can share their knowledge and understanding but don’t be so quick to dismiss something that is so important to so many, simply because you don’t understand

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve not read the thread, mainly because it seems to be the intent to be ignorant and ridicule members of the LGBTQ+ community (that’s how it’s shortened by the way OP).

It’s easy to ridicule people who are looking for identity and community when you’re part of the cis heterosexual community which is as everywhere and everything.

Community and representation is desperately important to many people who feel ignored or threatened by society, the LGBTQ+ movement gives that and helps many to understand who they are and to express something that they don’t know how to.

If you want to know, understand and learn, there are plenty of people who can share their knowledge and understanding but don’t be so quick to dismiss something that is so important to so many, simply because you don’t understand "

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"By rammed down your throat, I presume you mean that you deliberately seek it out in order to rage about it. Nobody is forcing a different sexuality or gender upon you. Nobody is making you read this thread. Nobody is making you learn new letters all the time.

100% on the money.

100%.

I'm straight, all my friends are. I don't have anybody in and around my life that is homosexual.

Don't understand why people get some upset?!"

And this is the problem for both sides of this thread, people don't understand why people get so upset.

Nothing will be resolved, nobody will have the last word, all that will be achieved is a more resolute positions in their beliefs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We should get rid of labels.

Fab should make everyone bisexual (maybe pan) and lock it down. We are all just different degrees of bi/pan ....

After all what is a heterosexual but someone who lives their sexuality what they label others....

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"We should get rid of labels.

Fab should make everyone bisexual (maybe pan) and lock it down. We are all just different degrees of bi/pan ....

After all what is a heterosexual but someone who lives their sexuality what they label others...."

Suits me. If we have too many labels, eliminate straight. After all, we know straight guys secretly yearn for cock. Or something

Reply privately

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

It's interesting, isn't it, how a certain sort of person unfailingly manages to land on the expression "rammed down [their] throats"?

Very interesting indeed. Yes.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's interesting, isn't it, how a certain sort of person unfailingly manages to land on the expression "rammed down [their] throats"?

Very interesting indeed. Yes.

"

As I was saying

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have enjoyed reading this thread...

There are only people and most of them seem Barking...

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Punching down. That's all this is, punching down.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"By rammed down your throat, I presume you mean that you deliberately seek it out in order to rage about it. Nobody is forcing a different sexuality or gender upon you. Nobody is making you read this thread. Nobody is making you learn new letters all the time.

"

By ramming it down their throat, they mean the one time on TV that two men kissed and they felt uncomfortable, oh and that time that a same sex couple were holding hands in town.

As opposed to the literal millions of references to heterosexuality that are cumulatively in every programme, book, magazine, film, radio broadcast, newspaper…

Heterosexual representation is so prevalent it goes unnoticed every single minute, but a tiny bit of LGBTQ representation brings the ‘rammed down our throats’ comments

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You can call yourself whatever you like from A to Z and anything in-between..

What I call you then I will keep to myself..

Reply privately

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I am……

That is all I have to say. Because that is what is important to me and I don’t have to buy expensive badges.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

By ramming it down their throat, they mean the one time on TV that two men kissed and they felt uncomfortable, oh and that time that a same sex couple were holding hands in town.

As opposed to the literal millions of references to heterosexuality that are cumulatively in every programme, book, magazine, film, radio broadcast, newspaper…

Heterosexual representation is so prevalent it goes unnoticed every single minute, but a tiny bit of LGBTQ representation brings the ‘rammed down our throats’ comments"

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is something deep and profound in his/him/her/they statement.

"We should get rid of labels.

After all what is a heterosexual but someone who lives their sexuality what they label others...."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Heterosexual representation is so prevalent it goes unnoticed every single minute, but a tiny bit of LGBTQ representation brings the ‘rammed down our throats’ comments"

Don’t presume!!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Sod those bloody heterosexuals.

How dare they be represented

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And this is the problem for both sides of this thread, people don't understand why people get so upset.

Nothing will be resolved, nobody will have the last word, all that will be achieved is a more resolute positions in their beliefs. "

The "both sides" point doesn't really work here.

Because one side is just trying to get on with their lives, while the other is questioning another's existence.

It's not even.

When you say "both sides" you're not being fair, one side is attacking/questioning the other. It isn't balanced.

If somebody attacks you, questions who you are, why is it on you... to understand them?

You're asking people who are in a defensive position, to react the same as somebody who isn't defending themselves.

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

absolutely right

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think everyone should crawl out from behind there keyboards etc and let’s all settle it out in a nice open field for the world to see!

Anchor man style

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"This is just bog standard homophobia, nothing more. Same shit, different toilet.

Some people will give you there opinion on subjects they don't even understand, let alone have an opinion of value."

The most homophobic person I have met (my stepfather) was found to enjoy cross dressing and attending clubs aimed at the LGBTQ+ community (in secret, obviously). He outwardly projected horrific hate for the very community he was fraternising with. We'll never know what his true views were because he is now deceased.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"And this is the problem for both sides of this thread, people don't understand why people get so upset.

Nothing will be resolved, nobody will have the last word, all that will be achieved is a more resolute positions in their beliefs.

The "both sides" point doesn't really work here.

Because one side is just trying to get on with their lives, while the other is questioning another's existence.

It's not even.

When you say "both sides" you're not being fair, one side is attacking/questioning the other. It isn't balanced.

If somebody attacks you, questions who you are, why is it on you... to understand them?

You're asking people who are in a defensive position, to react the same as somebody who isn't defending themselves.

"

I think you have made my point, if people are not prepared to try and understand other people from all sides of an argument, you have stalemate, no resolution and nothing changes. Except maybe the volume

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh dear. The statement made is typical of many . Believing you’re not part of the problem.

By not realising the position taken. Being silent and ignorant fuels the very issue.

The odds are, there are plenty of people in all our communities that are affected. Perhaps even in our extended family, but they’re too scared to speak out, because of being tone deaf.

100% on the money.

100%.

Don't understand why people get some upset?!"

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"This is just bog standard homophobia, nothing more. Same shit, different toilet.

Some people will give you there opinion on subjects they don't even understand, let alone have an opinion of value.

The most homophobic person I have met (my stepfather) was found to enjoy cross dressing and attending clubs aimed at the LGBTQ+ community (in secret, obviously). He outwardly projected horrific hate for the very community he was fraternising with. We'll never know what his true views were because he is now deceased. "

Well that's helpful.

NEXT !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just a note : Cross Dressers doesn’t mean a person is homosexual. Cross dressing is a fetish.

The most homophobic person I have met (my stepfather) was found to enjoy cross dressing and attending clubs aimed at the LGBTQ+ community (in secret, obviously). He outwardly projected horrific hate for the very community he was fraternising with. We'll never know what his true views were because he is now deceased. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Just a note : Cross Dressers doesn’t mean a person is homosexual. Cross dressing is a fetish.

This is just bog standard homophobia, nothing more. Same shit, different toilet.

I didn't say he was homosexual. I said he was found to be cross dressing and attending clubs aimed at the LGBTQ+ clientele. I have actually got no idea what his true sexual orientation was. I suspect he was not heterosexual (as he projected to be). He was incredibly homophobic and also hateful about anyone who was not "traditional" cis-gender and straight. I believe that this attitude was due to his ingrained prejudice against himself, but I'll never know for sure.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Many of the most openly homophobic people from my childhood turned out to be gay. Kids from school, angry angry kids.

Utterly bizarre.

That's why it's just my go to, I don't get angry or throw the opinion out, I just look at people like the OP and think "that guys in the closet" and go about my day.

These people aren't worth it tbh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just a note : Cross Dressers doesn’t mean a person is homosexual. Cross dressing is a fetish.

Really Mr high Q??

Or is it a cry for help?

Or is it attention seeking??

Or is it another reason to be different??

Sorry I’ll put my dunces hat back to the correct position

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

The most homophobic person I have met (my stepfather) was found to enjoy cross dressing and attending clubs aimed at the LGBTQ+ community (in secret, obviously). He outwardly projected horrific hate for the very community he was fraternising with. We'll never know what his true views were because he is now deceased.

Really Mr high Q??

Or is it a cry for help?

Sorry I’ll put my dunces hat back to the correct position "

You have replied to my comment, yet I have not interacted with you on this thread at all. Nor do I intend to, other than this reply. I have not commented on anyone's IQ or similar. For the record.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Heterosexual representation is so prevalent it goes unnoticed every single minute, but a tiny bit of LGBTQ representation brings the ‘rammed down our throats’ comments

How dare they be represented "

That’s not what I was saying, so let’s not start twisting words.

Recognising and understanding representation and how it works in reference to mainstream culture is important in this context

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Recognising and understanding representation and how it works in reference to mainstream culture is important in this context"

To you maybe ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh dear. The statement made is typical of many . Believing you’re not part of the problem.

By not realising the position taken. Being silent and ignorant fuels the very issue.

The odds are, there are plenty of people in all our communities that are affected. Perhaps even in our extended family, but they’re too scared to speak out, because of being tone deaf. "

Affected by what?

You think there are many impacted by LGBTQ and they're scared to speak out because people will shoot them down?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think you have made my point, if people are not prepared to try and understand other people from all sides of an argument, you have stalemate, no resolution and nothing changes. Except maybe the volume"

Sure, I completely get that.

But my point is, you're not asking evenly of the people debating. You're asking some who is being attacked, to understand the person attacking. That isn't the same as asking the person who is attacking, to understand the person defending themselves.

It's simple stuff, you're asking for balance, in an imbalanced conversation.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

As long as I don't have to remember it and read it out to an audience, I don't care.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Really Mr high Q??

Or is it a cry for help?

Sorry I’ll put my dunces hat back to the correct position

You have replied to my comment, yet I have not interacted with you on this thread at all. Nor do I intend to, other than this reply. I have not commented on anyone's IQ or similar. For the record. "

You're making a good decision.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Recognising and understanding representation and how it works in reference to mainstream culture is important in this context

To you maybe ... "

To people actually talking about it, instead of making sarcastic comments.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think we are wasting time with these arguments. Not that they aren't needed, but can you imagine if we (general people) all got along?

I have met all kinds of people, some cool, some shit heads and whatever group people belong to they include both. I've seen people against racism be so negatiove about ginger headed folk, I know black people who don't care about being called black, women who want equality but will get their chap to do everything for them, women who can do manual labour way better than I can, Trans folk who are genuine and some who it could very possibly be down to mental health issues and so forth.

We should just agree to be nicer to everyone we meet, not judge them, give each other a break and not jump down peoples throat for getting terms wrong, but taking someone seriously if they are genuinely offended by something.

We are easier to control if we are squabbling between ourselves. But maybe this is the 'ideal world' thing. I guess we arent there yet huh?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

To you maybe ...

To people actually talking about it, instead of making sarcastic comments. "

No sarcasm here but more than opinion.. your opinion is just one and of no more standing than any one else's

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There's so much in life that we are ignorant of, or not helping others as much as we could.

If stuck, put your attention where you can help and uplift others, or reduce your ignorance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think we are wasting time with these arguments. Not that they aren't needed, but can you imagine if we (general people) all got along?

I have met all kinds of people, some cool, some shit heads and whatever group people belong to they include both. I've seen people against racism be so negatiove about ginger headed folk, I know black people who don't care about being called black, women who want equality but will get their chap to do everything for them, women who can do manual labour way better than I can, Trans folk who are genuine and some who it could very possibly be down to mental health issues and so forth.

We should just agree to be nicer to everyone we meet, not judge them, give each other a break and not jump down peoples throat for getting terms wrong, but taking someone seriously if they are genuinely offended by something.

We are easier to control if we are squabbling between ourselves. But maybe this is the 'ideal world' thing. I guess we arent there yet huh? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then what are you!!?

Come on! Seriously

I wonder what the ratio of posts like this, versus post from LGBTQ complaining that we're getting it wrong or leaving someone out?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No sarcasm here but more than opinion.. your opinion is just one and of no more standing than any one else's "

Honestly, I don't even think you understand what people are saying. Some of your replies read like somebody who is completely misunderstanding the points being made tbh. Like the whole "sod heterosexual representation" how you got that from the point being made was fucking hilarious.

No wonder people thought you were being sarcastic, it's that or asking "can you read?" Lmfao.

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

To you maybe ...

To people actually talking about it, instead of making sarcastic comments.

No sarcasm here but more than opinion.. your opinion is just one and of no more standing than any one else's "

It’s hilarious that my opinion bothers you so much that you feel the need to keep trying to dismiss it.

My points still stand. Attacking me is a poor alternative to discussing the topic.

If you have nothing important to say, I suggest you stop commenting on my posts

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I have cake

Reply privately

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"I have cake "

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We're on another site where there are 26 labels to identify your sexuality.

As valid as they may be, I had to Google most of them, and I'm not clear even now of the subtle differences between some of them, so I can't even correctly identify myself. All this has done, without further explanation in a profile narrative, has left me feeling alienated and utterly dibilitated in my ability to understand the one thing that the labels are designed for.

C

Reply privately

By *nfin8yWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"LGBTQQIP2SAA is this not getting silly now

What this mean?

L = Lesbian

G = Gay

B = Bisexual

T = Transgender

Q = Queer (sexuality)

Q = Queer (gender)

Q = self Questioning (open to exploring sexuality and/or gender, not yet sure where they fit in, some may decide that they fit in some particular group, some may remain open to developing and changing through their entire life)

I = Intersex (a whole bunch of different physical conditions where genetically or physically the body does not drop directly into one of the neat categories female or male)

P = Pansexual (different to bisexual, as it recognises that there are more than two neat genders of female and male)

2S = 2 Spirited (originally to refer to indigenous North American people of "third gender", controversial when used by other communities due to cultural appropriation concerns)

A = Asexual (not being sexually attracted to either males or females, although may still have romantic associations without wanting sexual connection)

A = Aromantic (not being romantically attracted to either males or females, although may still have sexual associations without wanting romantic connection)

A = Ally (heterosexual cisgender, but shows alliance with sexual and gender divergent communities)

+ = everything else, placeholder to add extra letters as necessary

Extras suggested by some include S = Swing, K = Kink, S = Sub, D = Dom

There is no suggestion that identities that do not relate to sexuality or gender should be added. And of course behaviours that are non-consensual, harming to others, illegal are excluded.

Apologies to anyone that I've missed out, even the walking encyclopedia Polly doesn't know everything "

Thank you for the explanation. I have learnt so many new words over the last few years and am still open to learning. All I can say is I do try to be respectful to anyone I meet and to learn what labels and terms mean to them as an individual and how they want to be addressed etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We're on another site where there are 26 labels to identify your sexuality.

As valid as they may be, I had to Google most of them, and I'm not clear even now of the subtle differences between some of them, so I can't even correctly identify myself. All this has done, without further explanation in a profile narrative, has left me feeling alienated and utterly dibilitated in my ability to understand the one thing that the labels are designed for.

C"

Yep!!

It’s all gone peek tong

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

But if we said "non cis-hetero" they'd have a fit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But if we said "non cis-hetero" they'd have a fit. "

Reply privately

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Bloody snowflakes...

LvM

Reply privately

over a year ago

They or Them??

Minefield so step carefully into the unknown

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"But if we said "non cis-hetero" they'd have a fit.

Bloody snowflakes...

LvM"

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Not as big a fit as cisgender non queer majority race abled neurotypical (I'm probably missing some stuff out)

Reply privately

over a year ago

I predict eventually all the letters will be dropped when there is no longer a need to identify people beyond what was considered 'normal' long ago. The 'A' stands for allies so once everyone is an alli (how do you spell that?) there will surely be no further need for the distinction.

The op is right, it is getting a bit silly and nobody should be expected to keep up or fear saying the wrong thing but it still shouldn't be belittled nonetheless. Its not long ago it was illegal in the UK and to this day people still get killed for it in other parts of the world. Remember your privileges! X

Reply privately

By *uddy laneMan
over a year ago

dudley

Gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.

Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used

Gotta stay awake gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this maze.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I predict eventually all the letters will be dropped when there is no longer a need to identify people beyond what was considered 'normal' long ago. The 'A' stands for allies so once everyone is an alli (how do you spell that?) there will surely be no further need for the distinction.

The op is right, it is getting a bit silly and nobody should be expected to keep up or fear saying the wrong thing but it still shouldn't be belittled nonetheless. Its not long ago it was illegal in the UK and to this day people still get killed for it in other parts of the world. Remember your privileges! X"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.

Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used

Gotta stay awake gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this maze.

"

Google maps works wonders mate!

Just trying to help

Reply privately

over a year ago

who is they?

Reply privately

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

Whilst I agree that so many letters and numbers are getting hard to decipher. LGBT+ tries to include anyone who doesn't fit into what's regarded as the norm in society. Before criticising just imagine walking down your street and having

Ass banger, shirt lifter, homo, Gaylord, queer, puff, cocksucker, shouted at you. Yes even now this happens as does violence against members of this community

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"But if we said "non cis-hetero" they'd have a fit. who is they? "

The cis-heteros.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But if we said "non cis-hetero" they'd have a fit. who is they?

The cis-heteros. "

thought so. Intrigued goose gave you the thumbs up which made me think he read it as the non cis hetti community would be having the fits.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Easy solution. Just call me Tom.

Reply privately

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Easy solution. Just call me Tom. "
ok tim

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Easy solution. Just call me Tom. ok tim"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Whilst I agree that so many letters and numbers are getting hard to decipher. LGBT+ tries to include anyone who doesn't fit into what's regarded as the norm in society. Before criticising just imagine walking down your street and having

Ass banger, shirt lifter, homo, Gaylord, queer, puff, cocksucker, shouted at you. Yes even now this happens as does violence against members of this community"

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Whilst I agree that so many letters and numbers are getting hard to decipher. LGBT+ tries to include anyone who doesn't fit into what's regarded as the norm in society. Before criticising just imagine walking down your street and having

Ass banger, shirt lifter, homo, Gaylord, queer, puff, cocksucker, shouted at you. Yes even now this happens as does violence against members of this community

"

And an ever lengthening alphabet helps?

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

And an ever lengthening alphabet helps?"

They're not lengthening the alphabet, Tom

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

They bloody are.. soon it will have over thirty letters at this rate..

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"They bloody are.. soon it will have over thirty letters at this rate..

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I vote for ch, dd, ff, ng, ll, ph, rh, th

Reply privately

over a year ago

I vote for ch, dd, ff, ng, ll, ph, rh, th"

Sh

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Everyone has the free to will to call themselves by whatever label they want..I just prefer to call them by their name. So much easier.

Problem solved really..

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I vote for ch, dd, ff, ng, ll, ph, rh, th"

I mean I'm sure these letters will never get used in any language

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I vote for ch, dd, ff, ng, ll, ph, rh, th

I mean I'm sure these letters will never get used in any language "

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

They are nearly all used as part of the Welsh language daily I think

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"They are nearly all used as part of the Welsh language daily I think"

I'm glad we can be inclusive of less common languages and less common identities.

We've come such a long way as a society, it's great to see people being who they are and coming out from under oppression and ignorance.

Reply privately

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

Ass banger, shirt lifter, homo, Gaylord, queer, puff, cocksucker, shouted at you. Yes even now this happens as does violence against members of this community"

Which is why I prefer GSRD - gender, sexuality and relationship diverse. Covers all possible "queer" identities and lifestyles with just four letters.

Reply privately

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Cross dressing is as much of a fetish as being straight is.

I dont choose to be this way, I have had more than enough time in my life to wish I wasn't this way so that I didn't have to deal with it or hide who I am inside.

The only choice I have ever had is what I do with it be that hiding who I am and feeling marginalised and lonely or by trusting a few people with who I am and feeling like I can be myself.

This has been with me since childhood long before I knew what sex or gender even was so how can you decide that part of my physiological make up is a fetish when you've probably never had to question who or what you are?

Reply privately